Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) (33099 Views)

Hilarious Caption Of Photo Of Buhari With Tinubu: "I Can Even Dance Shoki" / Tinubu: I Have No Rift With Buhari, What You Have Been Reading Is Fake News / Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by OlujobaSamuel: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
i hope someone is not trying to balance the equation of pdp yaradua/gej era.
pmb cant continue for 2nd term, bat go be president with a northern xtian vice, due to age, bat too cant do 2nd term, then we now have a young northern xtian/southern muslim doing 8years and the regular rotation continues.
hmmmmmmmmm, sounds good, but the years are too long that the equation will develop some elements that will make it an unbalanced equation
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Sanchez01: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ngokafor:

....Oga one quick question abeg..how will Tinubu win against a N/SE alliance for instance??
First off, a North/SE Alliance isn't possible. It is hypocritical to have your people call Hausa/Fulani cows, but would want to forge an alliance with them.

As much as I don't mean to hurt anyone with my words, it is a known secret that the SE is politically irrelevant in our National politics, owing to the fact that the most disjointed, un-united folks are those in the SE.

The opposition politics in the SE is too personal. For example, you see Fayose criticize the APC, yet, he doesn't spare a minute to pledge his allegiance to Tinubu during his alleged victimization by the Presidency.

Rochas is hated by most Igbos because of his affiliation with the North. Now tell me how a people who take politics personally would make a u-turn and forge an Alliance with the North.

And just so you know, I'm pretty sure the North would not be willing to forge an Alliance with the SE because of a possible blackmail after the deed is done. This explains why the battle ground of our national politics is ALWAYS in the South West.

Tinubu on his own can pull the weight of the whole SW, as long as he has the backing of Obasanjo, believe me, the North would be divided while the SE votes would be split (though it would mostly be against Tinubu) but as long as the SS remains, lobbying would do the trick.

And again, trust me, the whole 19 Northern states cannot throw their weight behind a single Northerner. The part of the North he is from would also be a determining factor, just the choices of their vices would also play a vital role.

It breaks my heart to say this; the SE is a light weight in Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by nkemjacob2(m): 3:27pm On Feb 26, 2017
recycling criminals all the time... God help our collapsed country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by kettykin: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

Says who? At most, he'll get another 5 percentile but then it wouldn't stop him. Tinubu is the reason Lagos is what it is. He is the reason the likes of Fashola, Ambode, and Pst. Yemi are where they are and these folks have done marvelously well.

Unlike most politicians, Tinubu's foresight is second to none. Study several Nigerian states and the godfathers therein, compare the state's growth and improvement, alongside their trend of leaders to understand the person of Tinubu. While he is not clean, corruption-wise, I would still prefer him to most of the clowns we have out at the moment.

Apart from that toll gated road and Lastma what value did tinubu bring to Lagos, did you realize that in the same country some governors built Power plants, international airports, international stadium, turned villages to cities, are constructing sea ports and dock yards, again what really did tinubu do for Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]in other words, jagaban for president 2019## ;
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by dammieco(m): 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2017
WE SAY NO WAY. ENOUGH OF OLD GUYS RULING US. WE DON'T WANT PEOPLE THAT WILL SPEND HALF OF THEIR TENURE IN NIGERIA AND THE REMAINING HALF IN LONDON. PERHAPS EVEN DIE BEFORE THE END OF THEIR TENURE. NO HARD FEELINGS BUT NEVER.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by nkemjacob2(m): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kolababe:
Will vote for him. He will still money no doubt, but he will do better
dats the kind of mind set we have dat makes Nigeria and her citizen poorly develop...instead of interest, u re talking abt him stealing while on sit performing....
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Sanchez01: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
kettykin:

Apart from that toll gated road and Lastma what value did tinubu bring to Lagos, did you realize that in the same country some governors built Power plants, international airports, international stadium, turned villages to cities, are constructing sea ports and dock yards, again what really did tinubu do for Lagos.
Do you/Have you been living in Lagos? Please respond.
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by kettykin: 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

Do you/Have you been living in Lagos? Please respond.
I have visited Lagos and lived in Lagos.

If you can outline and itemize the achievement of tinubu in Lagos aside the heavily tolled Ajah , lekki roads which by the way is incomplete and Lastma who are the most corrupt set of men in uniforms I will be glad

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Sanchez01: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2017
kettykin:

If you can outline and itemize the achievement of tinubu in Lagos aside the heavily tolled Ajah , lekki roads and Lastma I will be glad
I guess it's safe to say you don't really know Lagos then. However, below are some of Tinubu's achievements;

1. Tinubu instituted of a reform plan that greatly improved the welfare of judicial officers including magistrates

2. He revamped the civil and criminal procedure rule as well as creation of the Citizens Mediation Centre; a well-staffed and independent Office of the Public Defender, offering legal services for the poor.

3. He established additional 5 general hospitals in Lagos state

4. He upgraded facilities at the Lagos State Teaching Hospital (LASUTH)

5. He provided free healthcare services including free ante-natal care for women, free eye treatments and free glasses, popularly called 'JIGI BOLA'.

6. He pioneered the Bus Rapid Transit System and LAGBUS

7. He established the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA)

8. Reference of at least 13 matters related to the principle of federalism to be tested by the Supreme Court

9. Tinubu created 37 Local Council Development Areas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Sanchez01: 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
kettykin:

If you can outline and itemize the achievement of tinubu in Lagos aside the heavily tolled Ajah , lekki roads which by the way is incomplete and Lastma who are the most corrupt set of men in uniforms I will be glad

Assembling a team of accomplished technocrats, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Administration drew up a Ten-Point Agenda, which it began to systematically implement for the re-vitalization and re-invention of the state. The total budget size of Lagos State at the inception of the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Administration in 1999 was a little over N14 billion while the state’s Internally Generated Revenue was approximately
N600 million monthly. Yet, the monthly public sector wage bill was N800 million. The implication was that Lagos state was entirely dependent on allocation from the centre, which was grossly insufficient to meet the huge challenge of re-building a state that had been neglected and allowed to decay for over two decades.

Eight years later under Asiwaju’s astute guidance, Lagos had become financially viable and autonomous of the federal government; lives and property had become more secure; public infrastructure was being aggressively modernized and expanded; there had been a dramatic improvement in the quality and efficiency of public health care, education, the environment, water supply and public transportation; Lagos was attracting new investment in diverse sectors on a daily basis despite the depressing national economic climate.

The Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration from inception drew up a clear and focused Action Plan for the state in conjunction with critical stake holders including the Organized Private Sector, civil society groups and the public service. The result was the evolution of the Ten-Point Agenda focusing on Education, Health care, Job creation/poverty alleviation, Power and water supply, Public transportation/Traffic management, Physical Planning/Environmental renewal, Infrastructure renewal, Justice/Law and order, Food security and public sector reforms.

Tinubu’s visionary administration re-structured the machinery of government creating new ministries such as Housing, Physical Planning Sports and Youth Development as well as Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation for more effective policy implementation. Asiwaju Tinubu brought seasoned and accomplished technocrats into government as Commissioners and Special Advisers in their areas of expertise. Through meticulous planning and disciplined implementation, the Asiwaju Tinubu Administration grew the budget size of Lagos State from N14.200 billion in1999 to N240.866 billion in 2007. It is significant that at no time under Tinubu’s stewardship did budget implementation performance fall below 60%.
In a similar vein, the Tinubu Administration consistently maintained an annual budgetary ratio of at least 60-40% in favour of Capital over Recurrent expenditure to ensure rapid infrastructure development.

A first class financial strategist, Asiwaju Tinubu, through creative and innovative financial engineering, took Lagos from a yearly Internally Generated Revenue of N14.64 billion in 1999 to N60.31 billion in 2006. By March 2007, the state had achieved a monthly Internally Generated Revenue of N8.2 billion.

This impressive revenue performance achieved by the Tinubu Administration in Lagos State did not happen by chance or luck. It was due to carefully thought out and effectively implemented policies such as the introduction of the Electronic Banking System/Revenue Collecting Monitoring Project, computerization of the revenue collection process, introduction of Electronic Tax Receipts, re-organization and professionalization of the former Board of Internal Revenue now the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service, tax administration reforms and the creation of robust data base of tax payers.

Lagos State under Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu became a pace setter in sound and innovative public sector financial management. In September, 2002, for instance, Lagos State was the first government in Nigeria to raise funds from the Capital Market for infrastructure development. This was in recognition of the fact that long-term funds were necessary for long-term projects. The state raised a N15 billion Floating Rate Redeemable to prosecute such development projects as roads construction, millennium housing, water works, construction and rehabilitation of courts, waste management projects and millennium class rooms among others.

The bond has since been fully redeemed and other states and even the federal government have copied the Lagos State model. Again, in 2003, the Tinubu Administration invested N3.84 billion in Celtel (now Airtel) and by the time the state divested from the company in 2006, asurplus of N19 billion had been reaped, which was invested in the provision of infrastructure. As a result of its financial ingenuity, prudence and discipline as well as extensive public sector reforms for improved service delivery, the lasting legacy of the Tinubu Administration in Lagos State between 1999 and 2007 are still there for all to see. They include:

• Massive roads construction, dualization and modernization across
Lagos State such as Kudirat Abiola road, Oregun; Awolowo road, Ikoyi; Akin Adesola road, Victoria Island, Adeola Odeku road, Victoria Island; Agege Motor road; Ikotun-Igando road; Yaba-Itire-Lawanson-Ojuelegba road; LASU-Iba road, Ojo; Ajah- Badore road, Eti-Osa; Oba Sekumade road, Ikorodu; Adetokunbo Ademola road, Victoria Island and the ongoing expansion and modernization of the Lagos-Epe Expressway as the largest concessioneering project of its size and compexity in Africa among several others.

• Reconstruction and upgrading of the Lagos Island Central
Business District including the modernization of 16 roads in the area and the historic Tinubu square.

• Upgrading of the buildings and facilities at the Lagos State
University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) to world class grade; expansion and rehabilitation of old General Hospitals in Lagos, Gbagada, Epe, Isolo, Ikorodu, Badagry, Agege and the Island Maternity; building of new General Hospitals at Mushin, Shomolu, Ibeju-Lekki and Isheri-Iba as well as upgrading of existing health centres to full fledged hospitals at Ijede, Ketu, Agbowa and Agege among others.

• Provision of free health services for children under 12, the
aged above 60 and free ante-natal care for women; Free eye screening, eye treatment, eye surgery and provision of free eye glasses popularly known as ‘jigi Bola’, free treatment for maleria, tuberculosis and leprosy, free Limb Deformity Corrective Surgery, free Cleft-Lip Corrective Surgery and the introduction of the Quarterly Eko Health Missions that provides free medical services including free heart surgeries to local communities.

• Elimination of mountains of refuse that used to deface and
disgrace Lagos through the introduction of community-based Private Sector Participation (PSP) in refuse collection and disposal, expansion and modernization of land –fill sites, construction of Transfer Loading Stations, establishment of waste-to-wealth facilities in Ikorodu as well as re-organization, modernization and re-equipping of the Lagos State Waste Management Authority (LAWMA).

• Massive construction of new drainage channels as well as the
creation of Drain Ducks as well as the Emergency Flood Abatement (EFAG) to clear existing drains and respond to flooding.

• Rehabilitation of primary and secondary schools in all Divisions
of the state through the Schools Rehabilitation Programme, massive construction of school furniture and equipping of laboratories; provision of free education in all public primary and secondary schools including payment of WAEC/NECO fees as well as all internal examination fees to ensure that indigent children do not drop out of school.

• Construction of 6,000 housing units such as Abraham Adesanya
Estate, Ajah, Ibeshe low income housing scheme, Oba Adeyinka Oyekan Estate, Lekki, Ayangburen Phase II, Ikorodu, Gbagada Medium Housing Scheme, Amuwo-Odofin Housing Scheme, Abraham Adesanya Estate, Phase II, Ojokoro Millennium Housing Scheme, Alaagba low income housing scheme as well as the Oke Eletu and Oko Oba low income housing schemes among others.
Massive construction of rural roads as well as rural
electrification and water supply schemes; construction of micro water works at Onikan, Ikeja, Iwaya, Igando, Oworonsoki, Atan, Bariga, Isolo, Shomolu and Iponri among others to improve water supply in Lagos state.

• Construction and equipping of new High Courts, computerization
of court registries, enhanced welfare for judicial officers to stregthen the rule of law, establishment of the Office of the Public Defender (OPD) to provide free legal services to indigent persons and the establishment of the Citizen Mediation Centre as an alternative dispute resolution mechanism.

• Establishment of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority
(LASTMA) for enhanced traffic management; establishment of the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) to plan and manage an integrated transportation master plan for Lagos; initiation of the revolutionary Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) scheme that has transformed the face of public transportation in Lagos State; construction of 55 bus stop shelters; construction of 25.9km of median barriers to enforce lane discipline and improve travel time on major high ways; fabrication and installation of 50,000 units various types of traffic signs to improve road safety; installation of at least 63 functional traffic lights at major road intersections among others in the transportation sector.

• Initiation despite stiff opposition by the federal government of
the first successful Independent Power Project (IPP) by any state government generating 260MW of electricity from Ikorodu to the National Grid.

• Completion of such abandoned projects as Teslim Balogun Stadium
and the new Government House at Alausa as well as finding a permanent solution to the erosion and perennial flooding of the Bar Beach by constructing an enduring shoreline defensive barrier.

• Creation of 37 new Local Development Council Areas bringing the
total number of Local Government Areas in the state to 57 in order to accelerate grassroots development. He successfully sustained and nurtured them to maturity despite the fierce opposition of the Federal Government that illegally withheld N24 billion of the state’s Local Government Statutory Allocation for two years despite a Supreme Court directive to the contrary.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos/
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
EazyMoh:

Look at this political baby. Politics is a game of interest and numbers. Yoruba and Hausa have been winning elections at the worst detriment of Ibos.
Southern Muslim will conveniently pick a Northern Christian and will clear the votes in NW.
Tinubu stands a very good chance if he contests 2019.

1)Lots of grammatical error in your post including that of Jabioro, FriendChoice etc that understanding the message was a bit tough...

2)Lagos was up and running not because of any Tinubu or Fashola sagacity rather it has VERY sound economic and political history/foundation dating back to its time as FCT and State capital altogether... NOTHING to do with lies you lot peddle here... Performance of Tinubu's choice candidates in all other SW states give credence to my assertion...

3)Any average person can rule Lagos SUCCESSFULLY because of the quantum of financial resources available there; which aren't product of any SW politicians wisdom rather political and economic decision of Nigeria as a country...The amount of money spent in Lagos under Tinubu, Fashola etc versus available infrastructure can ONLY prove why Nigeria isn't ready to be free from corruption...

4) I wonder how most SW folks here ridicule Jonathan who has no child or bank account outside the shores of Nigeria or significant investment in Nigeria for corruption but embrace wholeheartedly a Tinubu who has and flaunts wealth in their faces? Or even an Obj? And they accuse others of hate? smh

5)Just as JohnsonOlanre & queencalipso etc already said... Kindly elucidate the political marriage or alliance that will give Tinubu victory easily?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by crown08(m): 3:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
mumu boy
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by 989900: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
BAT was sure high right there.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by hollyray2016: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
If there is a vacancy be expecting my vote!
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by ngmgeek(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
Maybe he was talking about contesting for the President of Oduduwa Republic and that's very very possible cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by winnersmith: 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
Let him try now...
Iamwrath:

Lol

Tinubu made Lagos, put Fashola there who in turn put ambode so far Lagos's growth is exponential unlike some eroded polluted places

If Tinubu were to contest, he'd win

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Jabioro: 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2017
Whynotthetruth:

1)Lots of grammatical error in your post including that of Jabioro, FriendChoice etc that understanding the message was a bit tough...

2)Lagos was up and running not because of any Tinubu or Fashola sagacity rather it has VERY sound economic and political history/foundation dating back to its time as FCT and State capital altogether... NOTHING to do with lies you lot peddle here... Performance of Tinubu's choice candidates in all other SW states give credence to my assertion...

3)Any average person can rule Lagos SUCCESSFULLY because of the quantum of financial resources available there; which aren't product of any SW politicians wisdom rather political and economic decision of Nigeria as a country...The amount of money spent in Lagos under Tinubu, Fashola etc versus available infrastructure can ONLY prove why Nigeria isn't ready to be free from corruption...

4) I wonder how most SW folks here ridicule Jonathan who has no child or bank account outside the shores of Nigeria or significant investment in Nigeria for corruption but embrace wholeheartedly a Tinubu who has and flaunts wealth in their faces? Or even an Obj? And they accuse others of hate? smh

5)Just as JohnsonOlanre & queencalipso etc already said... Kindly elucidate the political marriage or alliance that will give Tinubu victory easily?
I may have many grammatical errors.. Tinubu had been a hard core from days of Babagida. ..
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Jabioro: 3:54pm On Feb 26, 2017
ngmgeek:
Maybe he was talking about contesting for the President of Oduduwa Republic and that's very very possible cheesy cheesy
Is my personal choice not yours..
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Intrepid01(m): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2017
Look at the way young Nigerians are defending the political class that has disappointed our founding fathers and plunged this country to a sorry state....

One person even went as far to say GEJ as no offshore account, even the man himself won't even swear to that...

This country is bleeped...

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Ngokafor(f): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

First off, a North/SE Alliance isn't possible. It is hypocritical to have your people call Hausa/Fulani cows, but would want to forge an alliance with them.

As much as I don't mean to hurt anyone with my words, it is a known secret that the SE is politically irrelevant in our National politics, owing to the fact that the most disjointed, un-united folks are those in the SE.

The opposition politics in the SE is too personal. For example, you see Fayose criticize the APC, yet, he doesn't spare a minute to pledge his allegiance to Tinubu during his alleged victimization by the Presidency.

Rochas is hated by most Igbos because of his affiliation with the North. Now tell me how a people who take politics personally would make a u-turn and forge an Alliance with the North.

And just so you know, I'm pretty sure the North would not be willing to forge an Alliance with the SE because of a possible blackmail after the deed is done. This explains why the battle ground of our national politics is ALWAYS in the South West.

Tinubu on his own can pull the weight of the whole SW, as long as he has the backing of Obasanjo, believe me, the North would be divided while the SE votes would be split (though it would mostly be against Tinubu) but as long as the SS remains, lobbying would do the trick.

And again, trust me, the whole 19 Northern states cannot throw their weight behind a single Northerner. The part of the North he is from would also be a determining factor, just the choices of their vices would also play a vital role.

It breaks my heart to say this, the SE is a light weight in Nigerian politics.

...Oh dear!!..you have not answered the question..You just ran off with rants that are just all over the place without tackling the question...

....I know its scary for you but Nigerian Politicians are basically the same and extremely unpredictable in terms of alliances..They are all about their interests and nothing more...There are no permanent friends or enemies amongst them but permanent intersts.

....As we speak numerous unscrupulous politicians from apc and pdp are switching places at the slightest whiff of trouble or comfort..Igbo politicians included,,so what are you talking about??...

..I dont particularly care for any of them but permit me to say you are naive....One thing i will advise you never to do is to swear that a Northern Politician will never pick a South Easterner as a running mate..you will be heart-broken and shattered..

...anyway,since you clearly will not point out how a Sw/North will win a North/SE...lets wait till a party throws up a Yoruba man in 2019..lets see how it will go.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by kettykin: 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

I guess it's safe to say you don't really know Lagos then. However, below are some of Tinubu's achievements;

1. Tinubu instituted of a reform plan that greatly improved the welfare of judicial officers including magistrates
how this becomes an achievement is what I don't understand, the Lagos judges welfare are not the best in the country

2. He revamped the civil and criminal procedure rule as well as creation of the Citizens Mediation Centre; a well-staffed and independent Office of the Public Defender, offering legal services for the poor.
this is the same as a governor reducing the working days of his civil service from 5 to 3days and calling it civil service reforms and restructuring an achievement

3. He established additional 5 general hospitals in Lagos state
while this is the only achievement it doesn't seem the hospitals are any different from or better than what is obtainable previously

4. He upgraded facilities at the Lagos State Teaching Hospital (LASUTH)

some governors like TA orji who has been classified as the worst governor in Nigeria's history built not just a medical school but established a teaching hospital for the medical school. Here it is listed as an achievement the purchase of a few equipment and the painting of the premises

5. He provided free healthcare services including free ante-natal care for women, free eye treatments and free glasses, popularly called 'JIGI BOLA'.

6. He pioneered the Bus Rapid Transit System and LAGBUS

7. He established the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA)
again grading the most corrupt men in uniform an achievement is not a good way of accessing tinubu, most States have uniformed men who assist with traffic offences and other issues but their electorate don't consider it a Democratic deliverable

8. Reference of at least 13 matters related to the principle of federalism to be tested by the Supreme Court
this is not a tangible achievement it is not measurable it is not even comprehensible, this is like giving Rochas okorocha a pass for having the vice president of Nigeria promise to address issues of neglect of his state despite support for Buhari.

9. Tinubu created 37 Local Council Development Areas
This is the most hilarious how is the splitting up of local government areas in Lagos that is not anywhere recognized by the FG an achievement, I hope you are not being sarcastic here, breaking of the constitution is no achievement. If another governor did this he would be in very big problem with the federal government and national Assembly

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2017
basilo102:

suddenly, yorubas are now claiming political maradonna?? yorubas have never come close to national politics until they found a chance in buhari, a bigot who igbos knew was destined for failure and who has eventually failed now. Nine years after the civil war, Igbo man ended Awolowo's dream of ruling Nigeria, Same will happen in 2019. In fact, yorubas have made impossible for any southerner to win election, the best shot will be to inherit the seat of a dead Northerner, if Buhari dies, yorubas will see that jonathan was a great man to have won in 2011 because Osunbade will kicked out with the speed of light

Obasanjo is from Enugun
Shonekan is from Anambra
Oladipo Diya is from Ebonyi
Tunde Idiagbon is from Imo
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Sanchez01: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ngokafor:

...Oh dear!!..you have not answered the question..You just ran off with rants that are just all over the place without tackling the question...

....I know its scary for you but Nigerian Politicians are basically the same and extremely unpredictable in terms of alliances..They are all about their interests and nothing more...There are no permanent friends or enemies amongst them but permanent intersts.

....As we speak numerous unscrupulous politicians from apc and pdp are switching places at the slightest whiff of trouble or comfort..Igbo politicians included,,so what are you talking about??...

..I dont particularly care for any of them but permit me to say you are naive....One thing i will advise you never to do is to swear that a Northern Politician will never pick a South Easterner as a running mate..you will be heart-broken and shattered..

...anyway,since you clearly will not point out how a Sw/North will win a North/SE...lets wait till a party throws up a Yoruba man.lets see how it will go.

You honestly didn't understand my post. However, I believe it is only natural not to. Below is a list of issues I mentioned in my post.

1. Should there be an Alliance. The divison between the Igbos would not make all of them come to terms with that same person. For example, where would the person come from, Imo, Ebonyi or Abia? Would other states as Anambra and Enugu support such a man and accept him as one of their own?

2. The possible case of a blackmail like the South East had been exhibiting overtime would be thoroughly weighed by the Northern folks and would not spare a minute to lash out at anyone who would want to hold them to ransome.

3. The SE is confused. One minute, Biafra, the next, an alliance. Would this make the North trust the SE with two eyes closed?

4. Personal politics in the SE is the reason the level of division is huge. Imagine the Rochas/Obiano scene that has been trending. You think that would be beneficial to the North should an alliance be made?

5. Tinubu has cult followership in the SW. An OBJ endorsement would garner him a part of the North.

6. The 19 states in the North are not really glued as we are made to believe. A Muslim (BAT) pairing with a Northern Christain would sure see Northern Christians throw their votes in the direction of Tinubu.

Any alliance can be forged but you only forge it when you believe it would be beneficial to you. And with was done to Buhari in the South East, I don't see the North trusting the SE with two eyes closed.

Your question was sheer assumption and what I did was provide a worst case scenario. As long as the South South is present and the Ijaws and Urhobos, as well as some parts of Rivers, the SE would only need to give the regular 5%, every other thing would fall in place.
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by mantosa(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2017
You are not conversant with Nigeria politics. Tinubu actually picked Ambode not Fashola who wanted Shashore.

Now to whether Tinubu would win Presidency, I think for now that is very IMPOSSIBLE, I say for now because Tinubu is better off a kingmaker than being a king himself, also the optics doesnt give him a chance. Remember it ought to be a Bubari/Tinubu ticket which Saraki kicked against before Tinubu picked Osibanjo. I will have to agree with some analysis here, Tinubu stands no chance in 2019, 2023 & 2031, maybe beyond that.

Iamwrath:

Lol

Tinubu made Lagos, put Fashola there who in turn put ambode so far Lagos's growth is exponential unlike some eroded polluted places

If Tinubu were to contest, he'd win
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
Jabioro:
I may have many grammatical errors.. Tinubu had been a hard core from days of Babagida. ..

Does being a nadeco man make him any better than others who were in the trenches with him? of which he betrayed some especially those in Afenifere wing? Does that equate to good leadership trait?
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2017
queencalipso:

Am not much into politics but I can't help but quote the bolded.. You obviously do not know the sentimental nature of northern Muslims. If we have to go by your analogy, tinubu will never become the president.. Like that guys said, northern Muslims will always want to remain close to the seat of power..

Besides, all these old greedy men don't want to go and rest, they are hell bent on looting Nigeria dry, they don't want to give chance to the younger generation. Since tinubu is do good at making kings like you guys claim, why can't he pick a younger candidate, groom him and sell him to the masses... Why consider it for him self if not greed angry

What's more annoying is that the supposed youth are here supporting a man who's close to his grave to lead them like they once did..

The young kleptomaniac GEJ, how did that end up for you? How old was Dimeji Bankole, or Tambuwal, or is Saraki or Dogara again? What achievement can you attribute to them or is it only when they become President that you can see their performance?
You are full of hot air. If you are not discriminating people based on their religion, your like will discriminate because of their ethnicity or religion. Your bigotry is never based on issues or anything tangible but on inanities. How old is Donald Trump again?
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Codes151(m): 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2017
Take your mouth Odor away pls! There can never be a chance for u
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by Sanchez01: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2017
[quote author=kettykin post=54079359][/quote]
I understood where you were driving at when you owned up not living in Lagos.

Rather than stay mum after providing you with some of Tinubu's achievements as requested, your sheer hatred was exhibited by citing Orji in reference to Tinubu.

I believe I played my part already. That you remain bitter over Tinubu's influence is totally up to you. Do me a favour, please. Create a new thread, challenging Tinubu's achievements, then mention me. I'll make myself present while we compare his stats to ALL SE governors, past and present.
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by kettykin: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
How tinubu will defeat atiku is what I am really excited about.
Tinubu does not have the national clout, he is too localised in his politics. He is not a people's person .
His influence is limited to Lagos, Oyo political base. He doesn't have a national outlook. Tinubu has no investments that touches the society in Nigeria only instrument of coercion like newspaper company, TV company, an airline, a hotel, and a revenue collecting company. His business focus is to get more from the public and be rich at the expense of the public.

Atiku is a politically experienced man, he has a national and international clout having been vice president of Nigeria before. He has a broad approach to politics and can work with anybody from any zone.
He is a people's man and has given to the society through various investments in education, industry etc.
He has loyalist in the east, Niger delta, south west, north west north east, north central.
He is a citizen with appreciable experience in public service, business and politics.
His business focus is to educate the public to international standard and feed the public with food, drinks etc

This will be very interesting, igbos should back out of this and keep wailing. This is a fight to finish and winner takes all.
Re: Tinubu: I Cannot Rule Out Contesting For President If There Is Vacancy (Video) by TexasR: 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2017
Iamwrath:

Fashola there who in turn put ambode so far Lagos's growth is exponential unlike some eroded polluted places

shocked shocked shocked
Fashola in turn put which Ambode as governor .?
Please get your facts right before typing,obviously you don't know much about Lagos politics and how Ambode became governor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari Celebrates His Birthday. Nigerians React On Facebook / Lauretta Onochie: The Calm Down Video Is A Clear Case Of Child Abuse / The Clash Between Police And IPOB In Nnewi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.