Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. (8844 Views)

Pictures Of Ikote Ekpene Road Aba, Another FG Road Governo Ikpeazu Is Rebuilding / Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / New Pictures Of Buhari And Wife In London Sent In This Morning - AbujaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 01, 2017
Doug07034780891:
[s]Imagine this Abia illiterate. All of you are OSU/outcasts no wonder your state is cursed. Bunch of hopeless pigs[/s]

chinonso, Go to ur wife lolz stop disgracing urself

5 Likes

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 9:19am On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:
the point i am making is that our own case in abia state is the worst. we have our entire state polluted. imagine our only 2 towns polluted with filth and rubbish. we should start fixing our state.

My dear, the entire cities of the world (especially Africa and Asia) are the most affected. Thats why they are assessed by index. It used to be NEW DELHI, THEN LAGOS, THEN XIANGHOU, Now its ONITSHA....

But even at that, Onitsha pollution is a combination of that of umuahia (which is lower) and Aba.

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 9:28am On Mar 01, 2017
nonsobaba:
Yes, Onitsha experiences pollution due to large number of automobiles swarming the city as many traders have fled Aba and chosen Onitsha as their choice destination for shopping. Even LA in California faces similar problems that Onitsha faces.

But the problem with Aba is that the people there have re-evolved into animals due to long years of cordinated assault on their psyche and mentality using the instrument of with-holding development infrastructurally, educationally, socially, and even spiritually.

Let's face the truth. Aba is cursed and only an atomic bomb can save that town.

As it is for Onitsha, so it is for Abia and umuahia. Why are rationalizing only that of Onitsha? Because the rationale you used for onitsha is same with that of Aba and umuahia.

Educationally, Abia and anambra are still heavyweights. Perhaps you would explain better what you mean by "educationally...."
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Abia1stSon: 9:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Listen, i am a fellow abian who is very realistic. according to w.h.o they said that the result from onitsha is not reliable see below:

“It is difficult to get accurate measurements in Africa. You can get super-high readings, but ideally the measurements should be done over a year to include different seasons and times of day. ''The reading in Onitsha may be representative but not altogether reliable,” said a WHO spokeswoman

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/12/which-are-the-worlds-two-most-polluted-cities-and-why

SonOfEl:
My dear, the entire cities of the world (especially Africa and Asia) are the most affected. Thats why they are assessed by index. It used to be NEW DELHI, THEN LAGOS, THEN XIANGHOU, Now its ONITSHA....
But even at that, Onitsha pollution is a combination of that of umuahia (which is lower) and Aba.

i am more worried that my entire state is now polluted from umuahia to aba. we should be looking at solution and not comparing ourselves to states that are far ahead of us in all indices of development. the case of abia state is the worst because all our towns are polluted.

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:
Listen, i am a fellow abian who is very realistic. according to w.h.o they said that the result from onitsha is not reliable see below:

“It is difficult to get accurate measurements in Africa. You can get super-high readings, but ideally the measurements should be done over a year to include different seasons and times of day. ''The reading in Onitsha may be representative but not altogether reliable,” said a WHO spokeswoman

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/may/12/which-are-the-worlds-two-most-polluted-cities-and-why

i am more worried that my entire state is now polluted from umuahia to aba. we should be looking at solution and not comparing ourselves to states that are far ahead of us in all indices of development. the case of abia state is the worst because all our towns are polluted.

The spokes person said and I quote

*"it is DIFFICULT to get ACCURATE reading from Africa"*.

So her analogy on Onitsha was just a random example explaining Africa's statistical inaccuracy. NOT because Onitsha was given an exception.

2 Likes

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by chinweasaa(f): 9:43am On Mar 01, 2017
People can lie like lie M.......... This is not faulks Road oooooooo

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by nonsobaba: 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017
SonOfEl:

As it is for Onitsha, so it is for Abia and umuahia. Why are rationalizing only that of Onitsha? Because the rationale you used for onitsha is same with that of Aba and umuahia.

Educationally, Abia and anambra are still heavyweights. Perhaps you would explain better what you mean by "educationally...."

The difference is that Aba is not suffering pollution due to automobiles. No. Infact, Aba is one town where you hardly find vehicles on the road due to the crater-deformed roads, and low purchasing power of its inhabitants to buy vehicles. What you see in Aba are rickety buses, kekes and few camrys belonging to banks. The cause of pollution in Aba are the mounting human and material wastes you find in almost every part of town, the large pool of mentally disturbed people who call Aba home, the terrible odour that pervades the entire town, the gully-disfigured roads and the shacks and shanties that characterize the landscape of Aba. Aba is a habitat for animals. That cursed town has to be burned to the ground.
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Abia1stSon: 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017
don't get it twisted, the spokes person was particular about the stats from onitsha and how unreliable it is but in our own case in abia state where are major towns and state capital were listed as polluted were not commented upon. it is very clear for you to understand

SonOfEl:

The spokes person said and I quote

*"it is DIFFICULT to get ACCURATE reading from Africa"*.

So her analogy on Onitsha was just a random example explaining Africa's statistical inaccuracy. NOT because Onitsha was given an exception.

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 9:51am On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:
don't get it twisted, the spokes person was particular about the stats from onitsha and how unreliable it is but in our own case in abia state where are major towns and state capital were listed as polluted were not commented upon. it is very clear for you to understand

Please just read and understand the context. Instances cannot be given for every other African city because Onitsha is the most polluted BY A LARGE MARGIN. That is why it was used as AN INSTANCE.

Pls dont be too quick to respond. Digest what I have posted and read the spokes persons quotes.

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by betterABIAstate: 9:54am On Mar 01, 2017
No one should blame me when I start with anambra, shebi una don see am grin

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Abia1stSon: 9:56am On Mar 01, 2017
you are the one that is finding it difficult to comprehend. the comment on the spokes woman is very clear. the key point is that our entire state is polluted with our major towns including aba and umuahia the state capital affected. we should be concerned about this ugly trend in our state.

SonOfEl:

Please just read and understand the context. Instances cannot be given for every other African city because Onitsha is the most polluted BY A LARGE MARGIN. That is why it was used as AN INSTANCE.

Pls dont be too quick to respond. Digest what I have posted and read the spokes persons quotes.

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 9:57am On Mar 01, 2017
nonsobaba:
The difference is that Aba is not suffering pollution due to automobiles. No. Infact, Aba is one town where you hardly find vehicles on the road due to the crater-deformed roads, and low purchasing power of its inhabitants to buy vehicles. What you see in Aba are rickety buses, kekes and few camrys belonging to banks. The cause of pollution in Aba are the mounting human and material wastes you find in almost every part of town, the large pool of mentally disturbed people who call Aba home, the terrible odour that pervades the entire town, the gully-disfigured roads and the shacks and shanties that characterize the landscape of Aba. Aba is a habitat for animals. That cursed town has to be burned to the ground.

I KNOW that Aba has an industrial complex boasting of machineries and engine powered factories. There are trucks, Lorries and vehicles moving in and out of Aba DESPITE the bad roads. Its the BAD roads that instigated vehicles to propel their exhaust pipes releasing BAD gases into the air. So my brother, its part of it.

Onitsha that i went to last year has human material and industrial wastes particularly disposed into river Niger which perpetuate the stench.

Tell me something else.

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Doug07034780891(m): 9:58am On Mar 01, 2017
Chidiebere you never thought of this when you first started off with your numerous monikers including this one. You have been on Anambra issue even when unprovoked. Lemme tell you the earlier you realise that you can be followed up to any level you want it the better for you. You had the rare opportunity to stop. You started all these so let it continue..... cool

betterABIAstate:
No one should blame me when I start with anambra, shebi una don see am grin
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Abia1stSon: 10:01am On Mar 01, 2017
this is another emerging facts

5 Dirtiest states in Nigeria
Despite efforts by both the federal and state ministries of environment, some states in Nigeria have remained dirty.
Published: 06.06.2016 Goodness AdaoyichePrinteMail
Wasteplay
Dustbin Estate in Lagos state (Premium Times)
In Ogun Customs intercept smuggled generators, frozen poultry products
Minister says govt. is committed to cleaning up Ogoni land
In Lagos Government to introduce Water Distribution Kiosk system
Ogoni 'Goodluck Jonathan failed us" - Traditional ruler
Ogoni Clean-Up Only experts will handle project, no shortcuts – Minister says
Niger Delta Ijaw youths commend FG for Ogoni clean-up
Ogoniland Clean-up Niger Delta civil society groups commend President

In 1973, the United Nations General Assembly and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) set aside June 5 every year as World Environment Day (WED) to address environmental issues like global warming, deforestation and food shortages among many others.
Considered as one of the greatest annual events, the day aims at raising awareness about the leading issue of environmental sustainability.
Despite efforts by both the federal government and state ministries of environment, some states in Nigeria have remained dirty.
In no particular order, here are the five dirties states in Nigeria;
1. Ekiti state: A recent survey conducted by the Community-led Total Sanitation (CLTS) ranked Ekiti as the state with the highest number of persons who openly defecate in Nigeria. About 1.8 million residents of the state out of a total population of 2.7 million is believed to engage in the menace.
With heaps of waste along the New Ilawe Road (Few kilometres from the state House of Assembly), Ajilosun, Bank road, Oja Oba (Yoruba word meaning "King's market"wink and other locations in the state, Ekiti is sure one of the dirtiest states in Nigeria.
2. Lagos state: Often referred to as the Nigeria's commercial nerve centre, Lagos state is one of the most populated states in Nigeria, a situation which has stretched its infrastructures such as housing, health care, roads and waste management system beyond limits. The resultant effects is the development of suburbs, slums and ghettos with the poorest environmental conditions within the state.
The Dustbin Estate located in Awodiora, Ajeromi Ifelodun Area which is an expansive shack settlement erected on a heap of refuse located beside a canal, which drains waste, and floodwater out of Ajegunle is a good example.
Wasteplay

Despite the activities of the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), residents still dump waste in drainages and canals in the state which leads to obstruction of the waterway.
3. Benue state: Also called the "Food basket of the nation," Benue is one of the states with the poorest environmental condition. Makurdi, lacks the features of a modern day state capital. Despite the existence of the popular River Benue, 80 per cent of the city lack potable drinking water. From North Bank, Wurukum, Wadata residents dump waste in drainages, uncompleted buildings and roads.
4. Oyo state: The ancient city of Ibadan is the third most populated city in Nigeria. Like Lagos, its huge population is the major reason for this.
Wasteplay
Dirties states in Nigeria

5. Abia state: Popular for the production of over 70 percent of all locally produced goods in Nigeria, Aba (located in Abia state) has been ranked among the dirtiest in the state. Abia is also battling with the case of erosion which constantly destroys roads leading to loss of lives and properties.

http://pulse.ng/local/world-environment-day-5-dirtiest-states-in-nigeria-id5118981.html

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by betterABIAstate: 10:02am On Mar 01, 2017
Fx801, anambra11 make una no blame oo

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by betterABIAstate: 10:03am On Mar 01, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Chidiebere you never thought of this when you first started off with your numerous monikers including this one. You have been on Anambra issue even when unproved. Lemme tell you the earlier you realise that you can be followed up to any level you want it the better for you. You had the rare opportunity to stop. You started all these so let it continue..... cool

bros, two can tangle. Lemme leave you to do your thing for now grin
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:03am On Mar 01, 2017
Chidiebere Nwabekeyi, just start and stop complaining. You started it all. I will use my time personally on you and your state. cool

betterABIAstate:
Fx8o1, anambra11 make una no blame oo
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by betterABIAstate: 10:04am On Mar 01, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Chidiebere Nwabekeyi, just start and stop complaining. You started it all. I will use my time personally you and your state. cool

no I will wait for the right time grin
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:05am On Mar 01, 2017
The highest you can do is to continue to post your fake and unfounded pictures while we dish out the truth from Abia state. Chidiebere, I am ready to eat you and your state raw. cheesy

betterABIAstate:
bros, two can tangle. Lemme leave you to do your thing for now grin
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:06am On Mar 01, 2017
Ok anytime you show up and any thread just don't forget to tag me... cheesy

betterABIAstate:
no I will wait for the right time grin

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 10:07am On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:
you are the one that is finding it difficult to comprehend. the comment on the spokes woman is very clear. the key point is that our entire state is polluted with our major towns including aba and umuahia the state capital affected. we should be concerned about this ugly trend in our state.

I have made my point....cities in most developing (and even developed) nations have serious cases of pollution. The indexes used to assess the degree of pollution puts (for now),eastern cities on a "state of emergency", especially ONITSHA and ABA, .....Umuahia is a spill over of that of Aba as industries that are being revamped are NOT regulated consistently.

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Abia1stSon: 10:10am On Mar 01, 2017
i quite agree with you on the state of emergency but i had remove onitsha from the list because it has better roads and better sanitation far above aba. aba has twin problems of filth and bad roads. if our govt can focus on roads and filth for the next 10-15yrs then we had say that aba will at least be ok by say 30%. i still don't know how umuahia degenerated and go itself in that list but our govt should sit up and take the report as corrective and move to work.

SonOfEl:

I have made my point....cities in most developing (and even developed) nations have serious cases of pollution. The indexes used to assess the degree of pollution puts (for now),eastern cities on a "state of emergency", especially ONITSHA and ABA, .....Umuahia is a spill over of that of Aba as industries that are being revamped are NOT regulated consistently.
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 10:11am On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:
this is another emerging facts

http://pulse.ng/local/world-environment-day-5-dirtiest-states-in-nigeria-id5118981.html

This is more of material waste and also, you can see that its not about the "animalistic" behavior of abia people. It was NOT about human faeces and urine stench everywhere like a Yoruba state that was mentioned.
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Abia1stSon: 10:13am On Mar 01, 2017
SonOfEl:

This is more of material waste and also, you can see that its not about the "animalistic" behavior of abia people. It was NOT about human faeces and urine stench everywhere like a Yoruba state that was mentioned.

you see that. we have so much to do as state. abia state needs total overhaul from human to everything one can see.
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 10:15am On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:
i quite agree with you on the state of emergency but i had remove onitsha from the list because it has better roads and better sanitation far above aba. aba has twin problems of filth and bad roads. if our govt can focus on roads and filth for the next 10-15yrs then we had say that aba will at least be ok by say 30%. i still don't know how umuahia degenerated and go itself in that list but our govt should sit up and take the report as corrective and move to work.

I agree with you too. On the issue of umuahia, its the spill over of entrepreneurs who moved in there from Aba , and also the revamping of some production companies there.
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 10:18am On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:

you see that. we have so much to do as state. abia state needs total overhaul from human to everything one can see.

If ikpeazu can change Aba city for good (as well as umuahia), then he has my full respect. TA ORJI need to be declared an outcast by his ibeku kinsmen. No wonder NNAMDI KANU hates him with passion.
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 10:22am On Mar 01, 2017
In terms of human waste pollution, it is mainly from the afonja states

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Onitsha's problem is bigger than we all think....please follow this link below and patiently read EVERYTHING. Thanks.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by osita76(m): 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
betterABIAstate:
New pictures, this afternoon grin
I must confess the quality of work here is quite impressive we need more of these in other southeast states
Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by Abia1stSon: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2017
self delusion is the worst thing that will happen to you. our two towns in abia state(umuahia and aba) made the list of places with worst pollution and as if that is not enough. abia state is now rated as the dirtiest state in nigeria. why is it hard for you to understand.

SonOfEl:
Onitsha's problem is bigger than we all think....please follow this link below and patiently read EVERYTHING. Thanks.

let us start being truthful than living in self denial

5 Dirtiest states in Nigeria
Despite efforts by both the federal and state ministries of environment, some states in Nigeria have remained dirty.
Published: 06.06.2016 Goodness AdaoyichePrinteMail
Wasteplay
In Ogun Customs intercept smuggled generators, frozen poultry products
Minister says govt. is committed to cleaning up Ogoni land
In Lagos Government to introduce Water Distribution Kiosk system
Ogoni 'Goodluck Jonathan failed us" - Traditional ruler
Ogoni Clean-Up Only experts will handle project, no shortcuts – Minister says
Niger Delta Ijaw youths commend FG for Ogoni clean-up
Ogoniland Clean-up Niger Delta civil society groups commend President

In 1973, the United Nations General Assembly and United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) set aside June 5 every year as World Environment Day (WED) to address environmental issues like global warming, deforestation and food shortages among many others.
Considered as one of the greatest annual events, the day aims at raising awareness about the leading issue of environmental sustainability.
Despite efforts by both the federal government and state ministries of environment, some states in Nigeria have remained dirty.
In no particular order, here are the five dirties states in Nigeria;
1. Ekiti state: A recent survey conducted by the Community-led Total Sanitation (CLTS) ranked Ekiti as the state with the highest number of persons who openly defecate in Nigeria. About 1.8 million residents of the state out of a total population of 2.7 million is believed to engage in the menace.
With heaps of waste along the New Ilawe Road (Few kilometres from the state House of Assembly), Ajilosun, Bank road, Oja Oba (Yoruba word meaning "King's market"wink and other locations in the state, Ekiti is sure one of the dirtiest states in Nigeria.
2. Lagos state: Often referred to as the Nigeria's commercial nerve centre, Lagos state is one of the most populated states in Nigeria, a situation which has stretched its infrastructures such as housing, health care, roads and waste management system beyond limits. The resultant effects is the development of suburbs, slums and ghettos with the poorest environmental conditions within the state.
The Dustbin Estate located in Awodiora, Ajeromi Ifelodun Area which is an expansive shack settlement erected on a heap of refuse located beside a canal, which drains waste, and floodwater out of Ajegunle is a good example.
Wasteplay

Despite the activities of the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), residents still dump waste in drainages and canals in the state which leads to obstruction of the waterway.
3. Benue state: Also called the "Food basket of the nation," Benue is one of the states with the poorest environmental condition. Makurdi, lacks the features of a modern day state capital. Despite the existence of the popular River Benue, 80 per cent of the city lack potable drinking water. From North Bank, Wurukum, Wadata residents dump waste in drainages, uncompleted buildings and roads.
4. Oyo state: The ancient city of Ibadan is the third most populated city in Nigeria. Like Lagos, its huge population is the major reason for this.
Wasteplay
Dirties states in Nigeria

5. Abia state: Popular for the production of over 70 percent of all locally produced goods in Nigeria, Aba (located in Abia state) has been ranked among the dirtiest in the state. Abia is also battling with the case of erosion which constantly destroys roads leading to loss of lives and properties.

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by osita76(m): 1:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Cursed abia pig keep spewing your propaganda but I would be here to expose you animals. Entire Abia state should be leveled and started afresh. Below is the same road as at 2days ago.

[s][/s]
my brother take it easy I am from Anambra state I was brought up in Onitsha, I will like to see a good development in Aba like we have witnessed in Onitsha recently so that the whole southeast will be developed you people should remember we are brothers each time I see this unnecessary rivalry it pains me a lot please let us appreciate our sister states efforts in progressing our region

1 Like

Re: See Old And New Pictures Of Faulks Road, Aba. by SonOfEl(m): 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
Abia1stSon:
self delusion is the worst thing that will happen to you. our two towns in abia state(umuahia and aba) made the list of places with worst pollution and as if that is not enough. abia state is now rated as the dirtiest state in nigeria. why is it hard for you to understand.

let us start being truthful than living in self denial

Stop beating yourself up unnecessarily. Agreed, Aba ( but not the entire abia) is dirty. WHO or WHAT organisation made THAT ASSESSMENT you posted for the dirtiest states in Nigeria?

Secondly, assuming that list is true, how is the abia (5th) the dirtiest? From what i read about Abia state, you sound harsher than the blogger and critics themselves. Is that not being sadistic? Take it easy bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC, Others Yet To Remit $22.06bn, N481.75bn To Federation Account / Wike: Rivers Not Fighting FG Over VAT Collection / Interim Government Advocates Are Daydreaming — Lalong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.