Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,743 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn (8874 Views)

Nigeria Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World - US NEWS / Lokoja’s Importance In Nigerian History - The Guardian / Nigeria Losing $9 Billion To Oil Theft Annually - Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by SEFAGO(m): 3:14am On Dec 16, 2009
^they have our neighbors Ghana, if they rily wanted a military base, and moreover, I doubt a single person in the US lawmaking assemblies would vote for American interference in an African situation. That would be blatant neoconservatism, something America would not risk. Niger Delta would have to be solved by Nigerians, no US policy maker in their right mind would suggest military intervention as a feasible way of solving the case. The only reason this could happen is if the Middle East and South America/Russia decide to turn their back on the US for some random reason and prevent oil flow as a result.

u heard of the deal Gazprom was going to make in Nigeria for natural gas- most people would say from a quick glance, that Russia needs nigeria for natural gas, when they have 8x the reserves Nigeria has. But closer inspection suggests that Russia wants control of Gas flow throughout Europe. Nigeria is only important as a political tool, on its own merits, its useless in the realm of international politics.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 3:41am On Dec 16, 2009
^
They will not be solving the Niger Delta crisis, it will be US interests first and all the best if the side effect is an African success story.
Any US base in the ND will oversee the ND, Bakassi, Gabon and Sao Tome, all very rich oil fields producing the Worlds highest quality crude.

I am hoping that we have the sense to sort our issue's, but that possibilty looks bleak especially in the current times.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Depilot(m): 3:48am On Dec 16, 2009
@Beaf: Have you called to check home lately?
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 3:51am On Dec 16, 2009
^
I am at home, fool.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Depilot(m): 3:53am On Dec 16, 2009
Why do you have to be so abusive?
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Depilot(m): 3:54am On Dec 16, 2009
Call home cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by OAM4J: 4:04am On Dec 16, 2009
Beaf:

^
I am at home, fool.

Beaf, stop wasting your time and attention on that id.diot. (refugee) As far as am concern, he and his likes with their posts do not exist. I simply ignore them and their posts.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 4:08am On Dec 16, 2009
^
Thanks for the advice, its taken.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Depilot(m): 4:11am On Dec 16, 2009
@OAM4J/ Beaf : You're a funny man.
I know what you did, but it's cool. Go right on, bros.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by IykeD1(m): 4:11am On Dec 16, 2009

@edoyad, what is the US's debt to GDP ratio? If you understand that you'll zip it.

@ezan,

Here goes:

http://www.finfacts.ie/irishfinancenews/article_1016894.shtml
or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt

Not sure I see the end of the US scenario there, just saying,
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 5:03am On Dec 16, 2009
Not sure I see the end of the US scenario there, just saying

I'm not surprised you're unable to see the severity of the situation the US is in; those stats you linked to are not current, very conservative estimates and it's still bad(fiscal year 08/09 ended in September), present stats are about 4-6 times worse, and much worse if you include unfunded liabilities such as Soc. Security and Medicare etc in the debt figures.

Get your head outta your ass; this isn't about positive thinking or wishful thinking. This is the reality the US faces. The country is bankrupt. 2 tell-tale signs an empire is about to implode: budget and trade deficits out of control, perpetual state of war.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by bawomolo(m): 5:16am On Dec 16, 2009
how is the US trade deficit out of control?
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by SEFAGO(m): 5:19am On Dec 16, 2009
Because Ezan said so- he hasn't described what series of events could cascade the American economy to implode and he is prolly clueless. The beauty of NL.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by IykeD1(m): 5:32am On Dec 16, 2009

I'm not surprised you're unable to see the severity of the situation the US is in; those stats you linked to are not current, very conservative estimates and it's still bad(fiscal year 08/09 ended in September), present stats are about 4-6 times worse, and much worse if you include unfunded liabilities such as Soc. Security and Medicare etc in the debt figures.

Get your head outta your backside; this isn't about positive thinking or wishful thinking. This is the reality the US faces. The country is bankrupt. [/b]2 tell-tale signs an empire is [b]about to implode: budget and trade deficits out of control, perpetual state of war.

On balance I have managed to be civil in my responses to you despite the fact that you couldn't help dropping or suggesting that you
know how to use the "F" word even when writing.  I produced the information you asked for and now I need to get my head outta my
backside?

Hmm, the country is bankrupt?  Really? I am no finance guru, but I didn't think people will be so free to lend money to someone they
know to be either bankrupt or about to go bankrupt.  Oh well, where is Prof. Krugman when you need him. Could it be that some of the
worsening numbers you are pointing out could be due to this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/10/opinion/10krugman.html
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by SEFAGO(m): 5:39am On Dec 16, 2009
it seems people are ignorant about credit ratings- smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 6:47am On Dec 16, 2009
@Iyke-D, Mr Krugman is entitled to his opinions; there were hundreds like him during the Great Depression writing about how things were 'slowly' getting better, and then phase 2 hit and many like him committed suicide 'cause they lost everything in the crash. BTW, you get your news from the nytimes? You might be a day late and a dollar short.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 6:56am On Dec 16, 2009
@Iyke-D,
Hmm, the country is bankrupt? Really? I am no finance guru, but I didn't think people will be so free to lend money to someone they
know to be either bankrupt or about to go bankrupt.
Are you reading with your eyes closed? I presented a timeline of 5-10yrs. Not tomorrow. Whether you like it or not, America is done. Finished. And watch the US Treasury auctions before you go spouting off about lending.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by kushe: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2009
dont start a thread to publicly display great ignorance.i understand you watch NNC and the CBB but since only a few of you are privy to analysis from the rare , pls keep it that way .not every nairalander is so naive aand oblivious of the workings of the international league of nations but men i hav read retarded views and it gives me goose pimples how stupid some folk are.US invade who??how now?? let'sot even start cos @ beaf i will so take you out on this one.pls you need to apologize to some of us for the pain you have put our eyes through reading these lame views that a gazillion crotches cannot keep up.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 8:40am On Dec 16, 2009
@sefago,
Because Ezan said so- he hasn't described what series of events could cascade the American economy to implode and he is prolly clueless. The beauty of NL

If you weren't so slow and clueless, you'd probably see that the series of events are already taking place. See who dey call person clueless. When you read try to stay focused.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2009
@bawomolo,
how is the US trade deficit out of control?

Because it is out of control. Hint: DEFICITS. Duh!
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by kushe: 9:25am On Dec 16, 2009
@ezan ,quite intelligent postulations but i dont quite agree the us is done yet.the next few years will be tough for obama but there is something spiritual about the us economy that a lot of people overlook and that china may never understand and it has to do with the jews.check the american financial power brokers and check their ancestry,a lot of them are jewish.europe prospered while the jews made it their home and with the emigrtion to the states at the beginning of the last century,america prospered.have you ever wondered what it is with america and Israel.which resource does israel have and why would america stick with a government at loggerheads with a saudi and most of the major arab oil producers?
israel carries economic value that a Harvard phd or a Carnegie fellow cannot decipher using economics and international relations and it is called THE BLESSING. America understands it and has tapped into it,that is why israel can do any and everything and get away with it and america will turn their face away.you let any country including china invade israel and see what will happen.WORLD WAR 3.
God has blessed America for sticking by Israel and God has to be a liar for America to be finished.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2009
@kushe, you've got it backwards, you're free to believe whatever, I'm not religious. The fact is Israel-like the US-is one of the most evil nation on the face of the earth. The 'blessings' you refer to is more like a curse considering the state the US is in. BTW, China could wipe them off the map and there's nothing the US can do about that. Plenty of problems coming for Israel and if they really are god's 'chosen people' they'll need his help.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by edoyad(m): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2009
Kushe are you a kosher jew ? grin
Religion aside, the US is not collapsing mr ezan.
If you have got time read about 'the lost' decade (Japan) or anything about Russia in the mid-ninties. When you read about how Japan battled deflation and stagflation with collapsed banks in the ninties. The US govt has not even had to interfere by a fraction as the Japanese govt did during their turmoil. Infact, i dare say the US is now by far exponentially better than Where Japan was enroute to recovery in the midninties (by the way Japan is still the 2nd largest economy in the world when all is said and done.) .
Do you want to know where the US economy will be in 5 years ? Barring any unforseen calamities, they'll probably be back at 3% annual growth by then. Economies go sick too mr ezan, but just like people they get well too.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by kushe: 10:33am On Dec 16, 2009
@ezan,sorry to hav thrown religion into it quite a bit but some things just dont make sense naturally and that is why i believe beyond a shadow of a doubt america will bounce back.ENgland was bankrupt in the late 30s and couldn't fund its war with hitler till they cajoled america to supply weapons in cash backed transactions and america distanced itself cos it was just recovering from the great depression and then PEARL HARBOUR.
Ironically after joining the war America prospered the more despite sending a major part of its work force off to europe and the pacifics.England despite losing its empire status after the war with successive independence of its former colonies began to prosper again.America might be on a long recess but this financial crisis is no where as near the great depression as you can lmagine.crunch the figures and see proof cos america will definitely bounce back.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by SEFAGO(m): 10:37am On Dec 16, 2009
The 'blessings' you refer to is more like a curse considering the state the US is in. BTW, China could wipe them off the map and there's nothing the US can do about that. Plenty of problems coming for Israel and if they really are god's 'chosen people' they'll need his help.

Are you on pot? Do you know how significant the jewish diaspora is? Bernanke, wolfensohn, Goldman Sachs, Perella weinberg, Rothschild,nd more and more. Jews make up less than <2% of the American population, but are represented at least 30-40% in the financial sectors. A lot of  the people on Wall Street are Jews, so are the people managing America's money. Lol, u are hilarious. Have you seen the list of richest people in the world- dont look at their country of origin-check their ancestry. These are people who China have business with, and guess what these people would use their financial might to crush China into tiny little Asian pieces.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 12:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
kushe:

dont start a thread to publicly display great ignorance.i understand you watch NNC and the CBB but since only a few of you are privy to analysis from the rare , pls keep it that way .not every nairalander is so naive aand oblivious of the workings of the international league of nations but men i hav read retarded views and it gives me goose pimples how silly some folk are.US invade who??how now?? let'sot even start cos @ beaf i will so take you out on this one.pls you need to apologize to some of us for the pain you have put our eyes through reading these lame views that a gazillion crotches cannot keep up.

Learn to be civil.

If you had any arguments after your verbal explosion, I'm quite sure you would have made them. But you haven't? shocked
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by IykeD1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2009

@Iyke-D, Mr Krugman is entitled to his opinions; there were hundreds like him during the Great Depression writing about how things were 'slowly' getting better, and then phase 2 hit and many like him committed suicide 'cause they lost everything in the crash. BTW, you get your news from the nytimes? You might be a day late and a dollar short.

@egan,
Of course, we are all entitled to our opinions. I may be wrong, you may be wrong, he may be wrong, but since I am not an economist,
I will bet my money on Krugman before I bet it on you, just saying,

If getting news from NY Times makes me a day late, can't be that bad - just a day! I am sorry I don't subscribe to the "US is so doomed
right now" scenario. As bad as it was at the beginning of the year, I am sure most economist will tell you that the economy is on a better
footing now than it was then.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by chelseabmw(m): 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by SEFAGO(m): 1:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
Bernanke, becomes the Times an of the year

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1946375_1947251_1948043,00.html

Now speaking of brilliant policy makers, something we lack in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by jaybee3(m): 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

Bernanke, becomes the Times an of the year

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1946375_1947251_1948043,00.html

Now speaking of brilliant policy makers, something we lack in Nigeria.
we don't lack policy makers. what we lack is an environment to put policies into action but then again u can argue that creating such environment needs brilliant policy makers.

The fact is one doesn't have to be brilliant to draft policies. Nigeria as a whole is not a straightforward country and no matter how brilliant one is the negative forces will always pull one's a.ss back.
Nigeria is like a circle. absolutely no focus/direction
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by sodconfirm: 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
who dare says america cannot do anything? go see what they are doing in pakistan,afghanistan, iraq,yemen, gaza strip and many other places of the world and it's all in the name of peace, terrorism and business relationships. u.s can do the unexpected if our government is not strong.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by kushe: 2:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
i posted a public apology to beaf but it disappeared.if you are so convinced about ur theories @beaf,tan, ,sodconfirm ,call for a brainstorming session and turn your ideas into a screenplay.I will personally take it to my 3 jewish friends that own DREAMWORKS [spielberg,katzenberg and geffen]since they deal more with dreamlike stuff like america invading nigeria and hopefully we can turn it into a movie in honour of you guys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi State Pdp Primary Election Result Update (gov Wada Still Leading) / Akinwumi Adesina Named 2017 World Food Prize Laureate / Bauchi Governor, Bala Mohammed, Dissolves Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.