Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,514 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn (8871 Views)

Nigeria Is The Most Corrupt Country In The World - US NEWS / Lokoja’s Importance In Nigerian History - The Guardian / Nigeria Losing $9 Billion To Oil Theft Annually - Nuhu Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
kushe:

i posted a public apology to beaf but it disappeared.if you are so convinced [/b]about your theories @beaf,tan, ,sodconfirm ,call for a brainstorming session and turn your ideas into a screenplay.I will personally take it to my 3 jewish friends that own DREAMWORKS [spielberg,katzenberg and geffen]since they deal more with dreamlike stuff like america invading nigeria and hopefully we can turn it into a movie in honour of you guys.

Not surprising, several posts have disappeared from this thread, so no problems.

You will find that, rather than being "convinced" about any "theories", we are having a discussion about [b]likely possibilities
. To the best of my knowledge, nobody here works for the US secret services, so how can we be "convinced" without all the facts on the ground? We are only concerned about our country, Nigeria. Nobody here is Barack Obama. Has anybody said something like, "the US will definitely do this or US will definitely do that"?

Stop taking yourself so seriously; perhaps taking your own irrational methods of reaching conclusions to your 3 Jewish friends at Dreamworks might just be the right thing for you. It will make a good comedy.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by manny4life(m): 1:32am On Dec 17, 2009
Wow why am I not so surprised? You really wanna do the math and economics? Bring it on Mr. ezan

You all seem to believe that the U.S. will fall soon? You have certainly not made any convincing argument showing that the U.S. will fall in abt 10 years. Again, I like to reiterate what I previously said, what the U.S. is currently going through is called "ECONOMIC RECESSION" the opposite of "ECONOMIC BOOM, EXPANSION" etc, and when an economy experiences boom, they experience growth. Now we don't have to advanced economics for us to know the three Major economic indicators. Some where in you post you referenced about stock market or something like that how terrible it did last few months, as you know the stock market is a leading indicator and has is actually experiencing some positive changes telling you that the economy is recovering. Every economy goes through a growth and recessive period, the point is that the severity depends on the amount of growth.
Like you had predicted Obama will have a tough time ahead, you somewhat wrong, I suggest you take a very good look at this website and see how well the U.S. is recovering, although not quick, but its convincing making your claims as somewhat incorrect.

http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/home.aspx

As for the U.S. national debt which we all know is pilling up, I'm quite sure you very poor with history and statistic to have know that more than 40% of current debt was used to finance wars under Bush regime which is actually under review by congress and the Obama administration as we speak. There is no dateline set to begin paying of the debts, however, measure are being put in place to reduce further spending. Don't worry about U.S. debt because

1. Her debt can although not easily but some can be forgiven. 2. Her debts can easily be traded for other things example like defense. and so on. In fact there are discussions currently in the house on how to control it

Again don't worry about her debt U.S. policy makers are not silly and neither are they mute not to know that the debt has spiral out of control. You can visit the U.S. congress website for further information and most importantly, look at briefing from the White house website on discussions on how they intend to reduce national debt although some can't be made public, you have to actually request them.

As for social security and so on, again, if u were family with SSA funds, you would realize what happened to those funds although nothing has been said or done, I believe that its one of the issues before congress. Now if you don't know how SS works, I would be more than glad to explain it to you, because it largely depends on employment. Please don't bring up unemployment, because even you and I know as a lagging indicator, it is the last phase of an economic recession to come back to normal.

In fact in that next 10 years, U.S. would have paid off some off her debt, while some would be forgiven, or maybe traded off.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by beejaei: 2:30am On Dec 17, 2009
This news makes me happy. It is high time NIgeria is put in its proper place and made to realize it is a yeye giant of Africa. Truth be told, we have lost our relevance and importance in the comity of nations and we deserve whatever shiete is plastered on our face. I hate this country. I am sorry but before my very eyes i saw how my family deteriorated under useless poilicies of God-forsaken modafukers posing as leaders. Siooo. Eyin oponu , afofun gbemu eniyan wonnyi.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 4:20am On Dec 17, 2009
@manny4life, I'm not even gonna indulge your stupidity with a detailed response. I'm paid to know this things. Hopefully, enough folks got the message.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by manny4life(m): 4:30am On Dec 17, 2009
ezan:

@manny4life, I'm not even gonna indulge your stupidity with a detailed response. I'm paid to know this things. Hopefully, enough folks got the message.

Why the attack? Vey typical of certain frustrated Nigerians when they have nothing left to say

Did I hear paid? Who pays you? Do you mind explaining to me where and who are the enough folks that got the message and "quote" them for me please. By the way, who do you work for? The U.S. federal govt? Besides what message have you been trying to pass across? That because the U.S. is in recession, that is your own rational basis that they would fall 10 years from today?

Please everyone on this thread help me out on who's silly, who doesn't know that the United States is in a recessive period

Dude like I always advice people stop getting half baked information from unverified biased source. If you want to get trusted information about the current situation of the U.S. recovery, visit the website I gave you. Since you are very concerned about our National debt, how much have idea have u contributed to solving the problem stating at least 3 ways of solving the problem since "you are paid to know this things"

Again until u come up with something more constructive other than your mere and cheap attacks that seem irrelevant, dude just beat it yo for real.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by ezan(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2009
@manny4life, you really don't know anything do you? And arrogant too? Good thing you're in the US; you'll continue to see the collapse first hand as it unfolds, and you just might go down with the titanic. Shame on me if I reply to your post after this.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by manny4life(m): 11:09am On Dec 17, 2009
ezan:

@manny4life, you really don't know anything do you? And arrogant too? Good thing you're in the US; you'll continue to see the collapse first hand as it unfolds, and you just might go down with the titanic. Shame on me if I reply to your post after this.

You know what, I agree I don't know anything but at least when I get information, I go to the right source at least I'm not paid to know it unlike you. Dude just give it up with your own "U.S. will collapse in 10yrs " theory, because it certainly isn't working.

Yes I advice same thing not to reply as not to contradict yourself again.

Peace dude
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2009
Just as I predicted, Hilary Clinton has indeed joined the 3 ex ambassadors and launched a warning against Nigeria, putting us on the same footing to the US as Cuba (thats pretty serious).

The United States has said that it will vigorously put pressure on the Federal Government to make changes that will be beneficial to Nigerians. . .
Nigeria and Cuba were listed by Clinton as those in the first category, while young democracies in Africa came under the second. . .

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912173551228

The thing that pains me, is that instead of us thinking about ways out, a lot of folk have jumped in here to exchange words. Why can't Nigerians think? There was a thread on critical thinking, why can't we employ proper analytical methods?
I weep for Nigeria, because of the damage we have inflicted on our collective psyche and intellect. We need new and radical thinking to save us, our democracy and our nation.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by agathamari(f): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2009
what is thie whole "when is the us going to send in the marines?" shite. what reason does th eus have to come over here? most nigerians hate the us and have made that quite clear including the poloticians so why would any country or person for that matter come to the aid of somone or group of someones who snub thier nose at everything and spew venom any time aid or suggestions are offered? the marines arnt comming! maybe, maybe if you all start another civil war then maybe maybe the us might come to help the refuges but otherwise. shite out of luck

for those who cant read history books. this is not the first nor the worse by anymeans of recessions in the us or the rest of the world
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by edoyad(m): 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
^ Most Nigerians hate the US ?
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
edoyad:

Don't mind that comment jare! As if anybody has held a poll.
Why should any reasonable person hate the US, are they our enemies or have they done us bad?
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by edoyad(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
I don't know for that Agathamari o, but i'm sure if a poll was taken on which country Nigerians wouldn't switching their nationality to, the U S and U K would come out tops
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by edoyad(m): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2009
I meant "wouldn't mind switching nationality to"
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by SEFAGO(m): 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
agatha isn't nigerian grin
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by WilyWily: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2009
edoyad:

Yes,
But if there is open border for Nigerians 99% are ready relocate to US
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by kushe: 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2009
i love the controversy generated by this thread and FYI dumb ,childish postulators believe the US will come to nigeria,on top wetin[2 million barrels per day].do you know one oil well in california produces 220 million barrels a year and still has 3.5 billion in reserves.now there are other oil fields in california talkless of texas,the coast off new orleans,alaska etc.naija oil is good but insignificant when angola and ghana are rapidly moving up the charts to dilute our power.very soon togo and cotonu will discover oil and naija people go dey go do omo odo for togo as we havent enough sense to manage our resources. but the us aint coming no where  near here.why didn't they  rescue liberia their former colony during their civil war and besides naija is too far without a us base around here!
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by agathamari(f): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2009
yeah if i had a nickle for everytime someone here in nigeria told me "americans are the embodyment of sodom and gamorah", "americans are spoiling the world" "americans hate ______" "americans are evil".i would be a billionare (in dollars) by now! hell read the shit people say on niaraland about the us and its citizens "they have no values" "they have no culture" "they are all ______". you may want to live there but the people/polcies/culture is what you most cant stand. again all you have to do is read the venom that is spewed on here and see for your self.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by edoyad(m): 3:47pm On Dec 17, 2009
@ Agatha, if i had a nickle for every third time Obama was criticised for being a bad leader on the American media i'd cure world hunger.
It's a public forum with hundreds of thousands of users, just a fraction of us not liking the U S could erroneously give that impression but that's so so far from the truth.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
@Agathamari
If your definition of hating is saying that a foreigner has no values, then it is wrong. A value system is a cultural thing and culture is relative, therefore, anyone saying the US does not have values is only expressing a difference in culture (albeit, rudely). The "haters" you are describing will be the first to rush to the US to have their kids, all for the green book. Abeg, leave dat side jare!

As for "sodom and gamorah" and such other stuff, religion will never qualify as politics in the modern World. It will always be a tool but never serve as a definition.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2009
kushe:

i love the controversy generated by this thread and FYI dumb ,childish postulators believe the US will come to nigeria,on top wetin[2 million barrels per day].do you know one oil well in california produces 220 million barrels a year and still has 3.5 billion in reserves.now there are other oil fields in california talkless of texas,the coast off new orleans,alaska etc.naija oil is good but insignificant when angola and ghana are rapidly moving up the charts to dilute our power.very soon togo and cotonu will discover oil and naija people go dey go do omo odo for togo as we havent enough sense to manage our resources. but the us aint coming no where  near here.why didn't they  rescue liberia their former colony during their civil war and besides naija is too far without a us base around here!

I see where you're coming from. But like the other arguments, its a dead end. How long will it take an aircraft carrier to sale from the gulf?

We need to manage ourselves better to avoid problems.

There are a few US military bases in Africa and the US is allowed use of national facilities in others (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_military_bases).

Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by agathamari(f): 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2009
@beaf. then pretell why is any non nigerian says even the slightest thing about how they disagree with anything in/about nigeria they are automaticaly branded as evil/racist/whitewashed? if we are all permited our own opinion why does it apear to be onesided?
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 4:40pm On Dec 17, 2009
agathamari:

@beaf. then pretell why is any non nigerian says even the slightest thing about how they disagree with anything in/about nigeria they are automaticaly branded as evil/racist/whitewashed? if we are all permited our own opinion why does it apear to be onesided?

My dear, Its in two parts.

[list]
[li]Very many people are too quick to speak[/li]
[li]Every opinion is relative and born of unique circumstances, but in the extended family society that pervades Nigeria, societal preferences very strongly overule the individual, therefore values are intrinsically onesided. The extended family society is our only safety net[/li]
[/list]
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by OAM4J: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2009
Beaf:

Just as I predicted, Hilary Clinton has indeed joined the 3 ex ambassadors and launched a warning against Nigeria, putting us on the same footing to the US as Cuba (thats pretty serious).

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200912173551228

The thing that pains me, is that instead of us thinking about ways out, a lot of folk have jumped in here to exchange words. Why can't Nigerians think? There was a thread on critical thinking, why can't we employ proper analytical methods?
I weep for Nigeria, because of the damage we have inflicted on our collective psyche and intellect. We need new and radical thinking to save us, our democracy and our nation.

You know beaf, when I read the story at punch website, I remembered your pridiction. cheesy May be you should become a prophet, I will be your treasurer/accountant grin what do you think? grin
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by blackcypha(m): 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2009
THIS PAGE SUCKS!
WE R FRIGGING HYPOCRITES WHO FIND IT difficult to accept the truth!
that is what makes a nation like america great.they accept criticism and make amends and neva make d same mistake twice NEVER!
instead of us to start suggestin ways to get out of this mess our bad leaders have put us in for 49 friggin yrs,
we r thinkin up sum childish conspiracy theories about america@s hidden agenda for our oil.
PEOPLE ON THIS PAGE REASON LIKE THEY HAVE CHICKEN BRAINS, USA DOESNT NEED UR OIL TO SURVIVE! , THERE R 13 OTHER COUNTRIES IN OPEC DAT CAN SUPPLY THEIR OIL NEEDS, STuPID! PLUS THEY R ALREADY PLANNING TO COMPLETELY RUN THEIR ECONOMY ON GREEN ENERGY BY 2015, SO DATS MORE TROUBLE FOR WE NOT FOR THEM.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by Beaf: 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2009
OAM4J:

You know beaf, when I read the story at punch website, I remembered your pridiction. cheesy May be you should become a prophet, I will be your treasurer/accountant grin what do you think?  grin

Abi o!
If we no make am like church, people no go come pay us tithes and offerings. grin grin grin grin grin
Becomerich will even help us draw the maps!
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by edoyad(m): 7:09pm On Dec 17, 2009
Don't worry my friends, nothing matters anymore. The world would have ended by the october 2011, so just don't worry anymore. I will post a name later for y'all to google and undertane that nothing matters anymore.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by kushe: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2009
after pulling out of afghanistan, the next war the US will fight will have to be prompted by aggression against Israel.the current recession has totally wiped out the cause of the current xcapades of the us in the middle east and americans have moved on.9/11 is so totally forgotten that it might take another attack to wake america up but then america cannot afford another war now and they are definitely not suffering from exurberance if not dem for don bomb hugo chavez the hell ranting attention seeking venezuelan president who jettisoned previous joint venture arrangements between his government and oil majors only to increase his government's stake.let me break it down.hugo chavez is an adams oshiomole type figure,he becomes president and after says to chevron,mobil,agip and texaco i know you guys have sunk money here year in year out in the truckloads and as such you get 40%,but you know what you thieving MFs are gonna hav to make do with 15% and if you dont like it you can go to hell.he did it and the likes of conocophilips had to leave venezuela leaving all their assetts to the man with the worst arsenal of anti us rhetoric in recent times and NOTHING HAPPENED.how far is venezuela from the us?
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by OAM4J: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2009
Beaf:

Abi o!
If we no make am like church, people no go come pay us tithes and offerings. grin grin grin grin grin
Becomerich will even help us draw the maps!

Abi o, make he help us map out where plenty tithe and offering dey, we go finance some of his political campaign  grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by kushe: 7:31pm On Dec 17, 2009
@blackcypha,i quite agree with you about the us not needing our oil,but the whole green thing aint happening till the last oil well runs dry.i hate hearing the whole green energy and climate change rubbish.i aint no scholar in this regard but it is so overrated and some folk are beginning to make money off it.are you following the coppenhagen thingy? now they want 600 billion annually to mitigate the effect of climate change on developing countries and if that happens guess what will happen? YARADUA GETS SPECIAL ADVISER ON CLIMATIC CHANGE MATTERS .Apart from the oyibo gift,dem go budget a few hundreds of billions and a few PDP chieftains go meet over sharing formula and the money go disfarahan.senate go call for enquiry and minister or special adviser go say,una know dey watch CNN,the climate is changing and as usual END OF STORY.

THE WORLD CAN NEVER EVER END IN 2011 OR 2012,so dont give up on your dreams just yet cos i just might hola you on january 1 2013.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by davidif: 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2009
Its sooooooooo sad that Naija has become a banana republic.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by snowdrops(m): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2009
Beaf:

My dear, Its in two parts.

[list]
[li]Very many people are too quick to speak[/li]
[li]Every opinion is relative and born of unique circumstances, but in the extended family society that pervades Nigeria, societal preferences very strongly overule the individual, therefore values are intrinsically onesided. The extended family society is our only safety net[/li]
[/list]
Now that is patronizing.
Re: Nigeria’s Losing Its Importance In The World, US Envoys Warn by derk(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2009
i think you are all right in your observation,maybe the plotical mood in the us is one where tpeeps all want an end to the mis adventure in the middle east but dont you also think that naija could be an easy make to invade and take over under the guise of security concerns.it will make a very good credibilty statement for the us,restoring the battered public rep over the middle east palaver on one part as well as assure them of a steady oil supply.
me thinks that the militants in the niger delta will definitely cut a sharp deal if it came to that.
besides it not like we have a major detterent in the sense of a strong military,check out how we handed over bakassi to the Cameroonians in order to avoid confrontation.
bottom line, those sabi sabi peeps for abuja better look at this as a wake up call and get our game up,some giant of africa!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Nigeria To Make Forex More Flexible, Conclude Eurobond End Of Q1 / Osun Declares Thursday, Friday Public Holidays For LG Election / Stop Attacking Buhari, As A Christian I Attended OIC In 2013 – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.