Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

10 Guys You Should Never Marry. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. (2307 Views)

Reno Omokri: "Never Marry A Woman You Have Not Seen Without Makeup" (Photos) / 7 Types Of Guys You Shouldn’t Be With In 2019 / Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 06, 2017
Every little girl looks forward to her wedding day. They can't wait to meet the Prince Charming who will sweep them off their feet. But, as you grow older, you realize that nobody's perfect. Your dreams of marrying Prince Charming become dashed away as quickly as the movie ended. So instead of looking for Mr. Perfect, you look for the one who his perfect for you.

As you look for Mr. Right, you try to look past some of bad traits so you can see all the good ones. This is good. It shows that you're not shallow. But, despite how shallow it might seem, there are some guys you should just leave in the dating pool. Here are 10:

The commitment-phobe

Finally locked down the guy every girl's been chasing? Well, I got news for you. Just because he finally decided to knuckle down and commit, doesn't mean he's committed. If he used to be a commitment-phobe, he may still be and you'll always wonder how invested in the relationship he really is.

The rebel

A lot of women are attracted to the bad boy. There's just something mysterious and romantic about him. But a lot of times the rebel in society is a rebel in marriage. And pretty soon you'll find him rebelling against you, too.

The narcissist

Narcissus was an ancient Greek mythological figure who was so beautiful that he fell in love with himself - but because he couldn't leave his own reflection in the water, he eventually drowned. A person who is a narcissist is so convinced of their own greatness that they don't see their weaknesses. Marrying a narcissist is a very one sided relationship. They're always trying to vaunt their own greatness - often at the expense of others.

The control freak

Everybody likes to have things their own way. Unfortunately, because men are socialized to express hostility and anger when they don't get what they want, a man who is a control freak can often become intimidating and even abusive (physically or mentally).

The I-know-more-than-you

It's a good thing to marry a person for his brains. But be careful because you might end up marrying a know-it-all. And you'll always feel like you're wrong - even if it's just an opinion.

The mama's boy

You've heard that how a man treats his mother is how he'll treat you. So you look for a guy who is close to his mom and spends a lot of time with her. But be careful, if he's too close you'll find yourself married to his mother, too. So you better get used to hearing, "My mom doesn't do it that way." And you better get used to his mother being your marriage counselor, too.

The pretty boy

Get used to spending your weekends at the mall looking for new clothes instead of going to soccer practice. But at least you'll have a great looking house and car (even if you can't afford it).

The pushover

As mentioned before, everybody likes to have their own way. So when you find a guy who lets you do whatever you want and doesn't complain about it, you want to grab him up. But after a while you'll find yourself making all the decisions. And then you'll find yourself complaining because he doesn't pull his own weight.

The manly man

This guy talks about sports, beer and hunting all the time. Sure, he's rugged but you better be prepared to change all the diapers and do all the housework. And forget about him getting you something nice for Valentine's Day because real men don't do that mushy stuff.

Who doesn't want a guy with chiseled abs and nice arms? But despite all his good (physical) traits you may soon find that the gym is taking up an exorbitant amount of time in your family's life. And you'll find yourself using phrases like "did you beat your PR today, honey?" But more importantly, a man who lets the gym run his life has let the servant become the master and you'll soon find that he has other priorities out of whack, too.

Yes, there are bits and pieces of these personality traits in every Prince Charming. But just make sure they're only bits and pieces or you'll find yourself married to a frog instead of a Prince.

familyshare.com/2198/10guys-you-should-never-marry

Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by FvckShiT(m): 3:57am On Mar 06, 2017
The guy that doesn't fůck like a Champion grin
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Homeboiy: 3:57am On Mar 06, 2017
coming from a small girl
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 06, 2017
Homeboiy:
coming from a small girl

Comment from a small boy. grin
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by pelumi10: 4:00am On Mar 06, 2017
Ten good reasons not to marry the guy Oya give just one reason why I should marry the guy na, just one, then you will see that these reasons mean nothing... undecided
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Homeboiy: 4:02am On Mar 06, 2017
thornapple:

Comment from a small boy. grin

if ah tear u slap ee
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 06, 2017
Homeboiy:

if ah tear u slap ee

Ok then, there you have it. grin

Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 06, 2017
pelumi10:
Ten good reasons not to marry the guy Oya give just one reason why I should marry the guy na, just one, then you will see that these reasons mean nothing... undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/3615018/man-marry#53487932
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Godfullsam(m): 4:48am On Mar 06, 2017
Counter thread loading.

I trust nairalanders
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by LordIsaac(m): 5:14am On Mar 06, 2017
Then who should ladies marry?
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Dottore: 5:19am On Mar 06, 2017
All these poo dos and don'ts are the reason why there is a very high rate of marital failures in recent times. Our parents and grandparents never had some freaky stereotypical marriage lessons yet their era recorded very high rate of marital bliss.

In those days, men played their roles as head of the family, women never bickered about gender equality, or ranted about so called liberation and feminism trash.

Today you get ivs for countless marriage seminars hosted by "pastors" and "motivational" speakers. The irony is that most of the coveners of such seminars are in failed marriages yet they are selling what they don't have.
May God help us all
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by babyfaceafrica: 5:34am On Mar 06, 2017
You no dey tire?
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by firstking01(m): 6:08am On Mar 06, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 06, 2017
which one the go come marry then.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by dacblogger: 7:27am On Mar 06, 2017
Those things you listed up there is our normal everyday guy...you just grouped men into 10 categories. Who do u expect us 2 marry then? Aliens
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
Godfullsam:
Counter thread loading.

I trust nairalanders
This is already a counter thread.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 07, 2017
Dottore:

Our parents and grandparents never had some freaky stereotypical marriage lessons yet their era recorded very high rate of marital bliss.

Which Marital Bliss?. It had always been marital slavery before now. Please stop taking that to be marital bliss.

Slavery, not bliss.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 07, 2017
dacblogger:
Those things you listed up there is our normal everyday guy...you just grouped men into 10 categories. Who do u expect us 2 marry then? Aliens

i didn't list them. i believed them.

I beg to differ.
It happens they are not my normal everyday guys.

Marry whoever you will. That's ok.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Dottore: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2017
thornapple:

Which Marital Bliss?. It had always been marital slavery before now. Please stop taking that to be marital bliss.

Slavery, not bliss.
Call it anything but at least their marriages last till death and that's how marriages are supposed to be. By the way who enslaves who?
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 07, 2017
Apple1992:
which one the go come marry then.
Those with less of these Points if at all.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 07, 2017
Dottore:

Call it anything but at least their marriages last till death and that's how marriages are supposed to be. By the way who enslaves who?

Women were slaves and their slavery lasted till death.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by FvckShiT(m): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2017
thornapple:

angry

Who the fůck fed you these grilled bullshįt undecided
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 07, 2017
Na Jesus you go marry be that
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Dottore: 9:04am On Mar 07, 2017
thornapple:

Well I strongly disagree. It would be most unfair to generalize with few instances. The women of that era were modest and knew their bounds thus they enjoyed their marriages.
Today's so called liberated women bicker about feminism. I hope you see how short-lived their marriages are and how they come out to cry foul.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 07, 2017
FvckShiT:
angry

Who the fůck fed you these grilled bullshįt undecided

lol. y do u go fvckin everywhere you go like mtn. was hoping u do say things differently.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by FvckShiT(m): 9:11am On Mar 07, 2017
thornapple:

lol. y do u go fvckin everywhere you go like mtn. was hoping u do say things differently.

grin grin cheesy

Don't fůcking listen to lies baby...fůcking dont angry
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
FvckShiT:

grin grin cheesy
Don't fůcking listen to lies baby...fůcking dont angry
How does ur bae manage to cope with you?.
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
Dottore:

Well I strongly disagree. It would be most unfair to generalize with few instances. The women of that era were modest and knew their bounds thus they enjoyed their marriages.
Today's so called liberated women bicker about feminism. I hope you see how short-lived their marriages are and how they come out to cry foul.

I also disagree with you.

Not few but much.

Bounds set by their masterly husbands and unfair cultures.

you call it liberation but there is more to it, also call it righting the wrongs against us.

Men are principally responsible for most failed marriages with their affinity for infidelity and multiple sexual partners.

1 Like

Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by FvckShiT(m): 2:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
thornapple:

How does ur bae manage to cope with you?.

She doesn't fůcking "manage" cos we so fůcking click together cool
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by antieverything(m): 2:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
8/ 10 on dat list... grin
Re: 10 Guys You Should Never Marry. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 08, 2017
FvckShiT:

She doesn't fůcking "manage" cos we so fůcking click together cool

She's cool about your indiscrimate use of the word Fvck in every line?.
Don't get me into trouble with it i beg.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Don't Be Too Proud Of Yourselves / 5 Wrong Definitions Of Love By Many Ladies / Princess Bukola Woos Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.