Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? (11931 Views)

Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? / Why Christianity Is The Only Religion For Me: A Logical Treatise On Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by NNVanguard(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2017
It shows instability on the man.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Teadavid23(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2017
Never
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Lilimax(f): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2017
For what?
CHRISTIANITY or nothing!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by bqlekan(m): 9:35am On Mar 07, 2017
Really not an easy decision for a man
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by sisisioge: 9:36am On Mar 07, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, religion is a way of life...My relationship with God and humans. Would I change my relationship with God and humans? No. Would I change the name given to that relationship right now? Possibly.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Jones4190(m): 9:36am On Mar 07, 2017
For that reason man shall leave his father and mother not his religion. Infact what will even make me married from other religion?
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by AmaechiLinus(m): 9:36am On Mar 07, 2017
Woman can change but man, hell No!
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Kingspin(m): 9:37am On Mar 07, 2017
I cannot even near it because of one particular religion of peace indeed.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by berrystunn(m): 9:38am On Mar 07, 2017
I don't have any religion
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by megareal: 9:39am On Mar 07, 2017
No.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Lilimax(f): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2017
ilotriouzAY:
If it came down to love would you change your religion? A lot of people face this issue in their relationship, and it’s such a touchy subject so most people sweep it under the rug. The most difficult thing to do while in love is to leave your love for what you love.

When we’re born we don’t know what we believe in, our parents teach us and raise us to believe in what they think we should believe in so its natural for us to follow this same path once we grow up.

I have a friend that is in a relationship with someone that has a different religion then her, she doesn’t want their future children to believe in what he believes in so she’s faced with the decision to stay or leave.

What would you do if this were you? If this was me I don’t know what I would do, do I leave the love of my life because we have different views or do I stay and live a different lifestyle from him.

angry
As a full grown adult, I would choose the best part irrespective of whether I was born in the religion or not.
We have several religion, some re evil while some are good.
The evil one you'll know by their fruits...likewise the good one.
That my parents practice the evil religion is not a guarantee I must tow that part. embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by vickylincon(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
No I can't. Na only Bleep don bring me and another religion babe together before. She like diick wella and I sabi Bleep wella and we separated in peace.

But as far as falling in love is concerned, I can't fall in love outside my faith(not religion) talk less of planning marriage based on it. But if she can change hers for mine, then no wahala.
I presumed you are Christian and the lady is Muslim.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by midehi2(f): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Yeah, why ah no go vex now?? angry
keep on vexing tongue
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by kerryjossy(f): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2017
But that is a sin. I cant try such.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by UjSizzle(f): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2017
No. My love for God comes before any man. If it requires my becoming a Muslim, Buddhist etc, then we can't even be in love to begin with.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by UjSizzle(f): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2017
NNVanguard:
It shows instability on the man.
It's not a function of sex, but of fundamental faith.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Dyt(f): 9:48am On Mar 07, 2017
There was a time I was contemplating
But now I know better
I will choose my religion over and over

But I do both
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by McBrooklyn(m): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2017
midehi2:
keep on vexing tongue
Lol, dead or alive?? cheesy
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by HealingHealth07: 9:51am On Mar 07, 2017
hmmm. As quick as the answer may readily come to our minds, we just might have reservations when thought upon deeply. the ancient text says love is as strong as death but the question would then be whose love? love for God or love for the mortal man?

So i say choose wisely. one is temporal, the other is eternal. wink

Are tired of that flabby arm-fat or you just want to lose weight without having to hit the gym?.I^ve got the perfect solution.Tea.
www.healinghealthteas.com
whatsapp:+234 9077198347
we deliver anywhere in the world.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2017
Nothing new here. My ex wanted me to dump my faith (Catholic) for her own (Foursquare). I smiled at her and said no, she smiled at me and dumped me and married the next available guy in her church.

No hard feelings. Life goes on. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2017
ilotriouzAY:
If it came down to love would you change your religion? A lot of people face this issue in their relationship, and it’s such a touchy subject so most people sweep it under the rug. The most difficult thing to do while in love is to leave your love for what you love.

When we’re born we don’t know what we believe in, our parents teach us and raise us to believe in what they think we should believe in so its natural for us to follow this same path once we grow up.

I have a friend that is in a relationship with someone that has a different religion then her, she doesn’t want their future children to believe in what he believes in so she’s faced with the decision to stay or leave.

What would you do if this were you? If this was me I don’t know what I would do, do I leave the love of my life because we have different views or do I stay and live a different lifestyle from him.

angry
true love is the basis of it all, if you truly love someone then you can forfeit ur religion for theirs provided such a religion supersedes urs in every form of rationality. I can marry a Muslim, Buddhist, Jew, protestant etc, provided I love the person, but convert to such religion out of love is nearly impossible. You must prove beyond reasonable doubt why I must dump my Roman Catholic (the epicenter) of quintessential religion for anything else.

I will forever respect my partners religion so far it does not contradict my life ethics and goals. Religion is neva a barrier but an opportunity to show the uniqueness of ur religion to others. We have both good and bad in all religions, why not discard the bad and pick the good. True love can make this happen.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:
Nothing new here. My ex wanted me to dump my faith (Catholic) for her own (Foursquare). I smiled at her and said no, she smiled at me and dumped me and married the next available guy in her church.

life goes on bro. Dump Catholic for 4sqr mbanu.

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 07, 2017
franciskaine:
life goes on bro. Dump Catholic for 4sqr mbanu.

Lol.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Hideki(m): 9:59am On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:

so this nigga and I share same faith undecided? And I really hate the dude online... shocked...OK peace brother...extending the olive branch...I hope you are observing lent?....Same thing happened to me I loved the lady so much...so much that we both cried during break up...she was "winners inclined"...since my over 20yrs on earth that was the first time I wept...#Catholic4Life

1 Like

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by midehi2(f): 10:00am On Mar 07, 2017
McBrooklyn:

Lol, dead or alive?? cheesy
alive ooo, no be me and you
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by zeezeegal(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2017
Right Frm My Tender Age I Did Knew Dat I Was Goin To Change My Religion Someday.... While Growin Up I Fell Inlove Wit Sum1 Frm Dat Religion I Have Always Wanted... Quickly Quickly I Converted And Today We Are Happy 2geda because We Belv In The Same Faith... I Was A Muslim And He Was A Deeper Life Dude And Today We Re Both Winners

3 Likes

Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by paulo220(m): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2017
it depends...
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by NotComplaining: 10:09am On Mar 07, 2017
Only a hypocrite will change faith because of love.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by nkemjacob2(m): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2017
capital letter NO
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by Eaugusta(f): 10:10am On Mar 07, 2017
Ioannes:

Religion is different from Faith; after settling the issue of religion, we still go down to faith which was your own case. As per religion, u both were Christians but coming down to faith was were the problem lies.
In my own opinion, people should define what they want from the beginning before entering a relationship so that we won't end up hurting others because of our RELIGION and FAITH
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by stylon008(m): 10:11am On Mar 07, 2017
Hmmmmm............ I stand with u grin
RadicallyBlunt:
No I can't. Na only Bleep don bring me and another religion babe together before. She like diick wella and I sabi Bleep wella and we separated in peace.

But as far as falling in love is concerned, I can't fall in love outside my faith(not religion) talk less of planning marriage based on it. But if she can change hers for mine, then no wahala.
Re: Would You Change Your Religion For Love? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:12am On Mar 07, 2017
My girl asked me that last night. I decided to go psychotic, "I could if I saw the reason to."

It's really a difficult thing but I wouldn't change for he. Not at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are You Commanding Your Mornings? / Holy Order / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.