Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty (26683 Views)

Hammed Ali's Handshake With A Female Customs Officer (Pictured) / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Max24: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2017
Dino of all people ? Useless thieves. Instead of accounting for the #150B they collect annually they are harassing a man who is lawfully doing his job. Is it his not wearing uniform that is killing Nigeria or corruption of which the NASS is no 1. Until they publish their yearly budget expenditure for the last five years they remain the most corrupt institution in Nigeria. The budget breakdown of The Presidency is a public information but that of The Senate President, Speaker and other members is being kept secret by the gang of thieves in NASS. We need to launch operation #occupy nass# THIEVES.

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by SBG04: 10:58am On Mar 11, 2017
dustydee:

The customs act actually gives them that power. It is perfectly legal. In fact the law permits them to enter private properties of they suspect that there are smuggled goods there.
Please quote the section of the Act that grants them the power to Mount road blocks in the street and check import duty documents. The National assembly, the custodians of our constitution, cannot be wrong when they say its illegal. Except you're privy to a hidden section of the act that grant them that authority. Please share if you're indeed privy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 11, 2017
Pls remove the idiot asap
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Kiakia(m): 11:00am On Mar 11, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

http://punchng.com/vehicle-duty-senate-threatens-to-remove-customs-dg/

This Hammed Ali is dumb. How does he expect vehicle owners on the street to pay custom duty? Is he a slowpoke? Does he not know that buyers purchase their vehicles from car dealers who are deemed to have paid the necessary custom duties on any vehicle sold to potential customers? This man is really a slowpoke.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by musicwriter(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2017
This's a very draconian policy and nobody have calculated the many fallouts of its implementation. Imagine how many vehicles that would have to be stopped and searched by the police, VIO, Road safety people, e.t.c. Example; a state like Lagos would be locked down in traffic jam, Bini-Ore road would be locked down, Lagos-Ibadan road would be locked down. How many would I even mention?
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Stevoohlicent(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2017
I am hungry
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Ishilove: 11:05am On Mar 11, 2017
naptu2:

grin grin grin

He means poultry farm. (The error was probably caused the predictive text/auto-correct feature on his phone₩.
Ha, I fear. I was wondering when we began poetry farming in Nigeria grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Seehow: 11:06am On Mar 11, 2017
How unserious will Nigerians look, if all service Chiefs wears kaftans and dress like the Custom Boss Col.Ali?

This is impunity playing out. Let us be serious in this country, the world is watching us.

We understand his active and doing his jobs, but wearing his uniform is part of what the job entails and an honour to the NCS where he presently serves.

STRONGER TOGETHER.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by obyrich(m): 11:08am On Mar 11, 2017
Donshegxy10:
I don't think the senate should remove the man because he is performing, but thinking about it can a man head an organization and refuse to put on the designated uniform of the org
the man is buhari friend that is why he is confident and vocal.
He should be removed because he is performing 'illegally'. We want to be a law abiding nation and it begins with our leaders.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by rollybest(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2017
grin grin grin
[quote author=malware post=54480170]
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by AceRoyal: 11:10am On Mar 11, 2017
slimfit1:
You know we don't have serious lawmakers when they are looking at clothes and uniforms when serious issues need serious attention. What has uniform got to do with catching tax avoidance seriously Senate.
The law makers are right on this one!
All presidents of this country wear Thr Nigerian Army Uniform at one point or the other.
If he cannot wear the uniform,he should not collect the salary or better still resign.
This is total impunity!
Stop the blind and illogical support of stu.pidity!
Has this man made any meaningful impact so far?
This is a very beautiful opportunity for the Senate to prove that they ain't toothless!
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by rollybest(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2017
[quote author=malware post=54480170][/quote]
grin grin grin
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by rollybest(m): 11:12am On Mar 11, 2017
[quote author=malware post=54480170][/quote] grin grin grin
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by nextprince: 11:13am On Mar 11, 2017
SBG04:

You quote me and call me an idiot for expressing my views? Your father is a bastard. Your father will die a painful death! Idiot!

Mynd44, OAM4J, pls kindly check my post to very his claim. Also, I know there is a rule against this.
Thanks

CC
seun
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by zeestunner(m): 11:14am On Mar 11, 2017
Kiakia:
This Hammed Ali is dumb. How does he expect vehicle owners on the street to pay custom duty? Is he a slowpoke? Does he not know that buyers purchase their vehicles from car dealers who are deemed to have paid the necessary custom duties on any vehicle sold to potential customers? This man is really a slowpoke.

U and him who mumu pass u go buy car for dealer u no ask for original papers including custom duty. U normal?

1 Like

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Originalsly: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2017
Aren't customs duties supposed to be paid before a vehicle is released? If yes, how is it illegal for Customs to go after those who didn't pay? ...it's not like the guy made up some new law. On uniform. .... didn't he know he can't wear uniform again before taking up the position?...he should be fired if he doesn't.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by sarrki(m): 11:15am On Mar 11, 2017
nextprince:

Mynd44, OAM4J, pls kindly check my post to very his claim. Also, I know there is a rule against this.
Thanks

CC
seun

Cc lalasticlala

Cc mynndd 44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by agabusta: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2017
durangokid:
My brother what do you expect from greedy and lazy set of people they know that 79 percent of car dealers are igbos it's just a way hausa fulani bigots want to destroy the igbo man legal business with a fake disguise, they know they can't March any igbo business what they usually do is to destroy it or loot as they usually do in the northern States check the majority opposing t Senate that will show you.

Don't make this a tribal issue. If you look at the senators championing this, from the person that moved the first motion to the ones who are most vociferous about the issue, they are mostly Northerners. I wonder how come before we know it, you are already making it an Igbo issue.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Tonason: 11:16am On Mar 11, 2017
If you know the level of corruption that's going on under this novice. He knows nothing about custom and duties. All the area controllers are now rejoicing because they are making huge money unlike before.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by bensowe(m): 11:17am On Mar 11, 2017
Please, i have a simple question for you, "do the president have uniform?"
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Tonason: 11:17am On Mar 11, 2017
If you know the level of corruption that's going on under this novice. He knows nothing about custom and duties. All the area controllers are now rejoicing because they are making huge money unlike before. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by bensowe(m): 11:18am On Mar 11, 2017
No the issue is he has respect for those that have gone through the custom training he should not wear it because he didn't go through there system. We have military taking orders from President should the President wear military uniform too no.
[/quote]
Please, i have a simple question for you, "do the president have uniform?"
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Originalsly: 11:22am On Mar 11, 2017
nextprince:

Thanks

CC
seun
...while at it..... can you ask them to post these daily overdose of Tonto and Freeze and Davido and such in the Entertainment section?...wayyyy too much gossip on FP.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Twy: 11:26am On Mar 11, 2017
It should depend on the law in the books of customs. They should have created a new position for him or made him administrator to bypass such things. The military used to appoint sole administrators for things like this.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by amaechi1: 11:37am On Mar 11, 2017
vertueptime:
Should he fail to show up in uniform, they should by their powers, resolve to immidiately remove him from office, if he does nto abide, then they should unite with the lower chambers to freeze any allocation due to customs

And who suffers we or the senators? Please, go and read the act the set up the customs and identify if it compulsory to wear uniform.
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by Adagba1: 11:49am On Mar 11, 2017
rollybest:
Na the uniform stuff dey pain them.
is alright
observing with David Mark, chairman Senate committee on observation
Baddest man
Re: Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty by pricipal2003(m): 11:49am On Mar 11, 2017
As far as I am concerned, this man has no business being in that position. He is so arrogant and too full of himself. Anyway, I don't blame him. Na bubu wey put a bent, rough and disjointed peg inside a round hole cause am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Am Not Buhari’s Relation" – Amina Zakari Speaks / 12 Presidential Candidates Endorse Buhari [FULL LIST] / Umahi: I Want To Be A Martyr, Sacrificed To Achieve Igbo Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.