Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks (56950 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Woman Beats Her Husband Mercilessly For Hitting Her / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by olayemi53: 3:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
why beging her please let her go! baba nla nosence.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by ASval: 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
because she caught her husband chatting with another woman,so she is opting for divorce? look that's nt the best choice. what if she decided to marry another and still some fault, battery,adultery, and other indescent manners and attitude, she will quit that matrimony? the avidity in making some decisions about sensitive issues should be checked. she should sit him down and talk with him, afterall, love exist between them at some point in time. been in the medical profession with 15years of marriage has really given me foresights in some marital issues. please, tell her to let peace and happiness abound in her home. may the lord intervene (Amen ).
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by ncoolsome(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.

then hw do u fight for the person u love,promised for better for worst till death...he/she falls n that's it...u sure say no be girlfriend u dey call wife??

2 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Handsomecole(m): 3:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
Let me advice you ,put foam on the rock so that when the marriage hits the rock it would have little or no effect.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by March1117(m): 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:
My sister is about to put an end to her marriage in a very dangerous way. What happened?

She caught her husband sex chatting on whatsapp. She didn't even catch him physically sexing but chatting and she wants to put an end. Their son would be celebrating his 5 years birthday soon and is this the gift they wish to give the young chap?

I have tried my best to talk to her but I have no idea on how to go about this afterall, I'm single. She was like "what do you know about marriage?". The husband on the other hand hasn't taken my calls and he angrily left the house since 3 days.

Big bros and sis In the house, what advice can I give to my sister?

Now, this is where I normally do have issues with people (men & women inclusive) but in this case, the man. Instead of apologising to the wife, he angrily left the house. So now he wants the woman to come beg him to forgive her for apprehending him or what? Some people can just be very very stupid. Instead of getting the woman down & immediately apologising & promising never to do such again, he bolted away. Highly unrepentant fellow!!! My take is she should go ahead with the divorce!

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Lewandoski20(m): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:
My sister is about to put an end to her marriage in a very dangerous way. What happened?

She caught her husband sex chatting on whatsapp. She didn't even catch him physically sexing but chatting and she wants to put an end. Their son would be celebrating his 5 years birthday soon and is this the gift they wish to give the young chap?

I have tried my best to talk to her but I have no idea on how to go about this afterall, I'm single. She was like "what do you know about marriage?". The husband on the other hand hasn't taken my calls and he angrily left the house since 3 days.

Seems like your sister has been doing more of a detectives work than really been a wife... Probably the man gave her the impression that he was Angel Gabriel's brother. The reason for her spontaneous decision to divorce.... Tell her that there are no perfect relationships anywhere... While what the guy is condemnable, it is not enough reason to get a divorce... Except she has been looking for a reason to jump out if the ship before now.
Even the Bible encourages couples to forgive even when a mate is caught in the act!

So tell her to discuss the issues over with her hubby and achieve an understanding....

P.S: If she wants to live long and grow gray hairs in that marriage or subsequent ones... Tell her to stay away from her hubby'phone or electrical devices....

Wishing them a Happy Married Life!
[b][/b]
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by boygeorge: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
BoiledHead:

She's sick
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by zubby29(m): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
kimbra:
A man who wants to cheat would do so. She needn't deny him sex for such to happen...some of them are "Dogs".
babe u dey vex o. u no get brother or papa
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by whoisuche: 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
Tomjazzy2:
As tereble as this may sound, but the earlier ladies started accepting the fact that men generally speaking, are polygamous in nature, the better for their sanity.

If you eventually find a man who is faithful- there aren't much around nowadays- you'd consider your self lucky, but if you don't, you just try as much as possible to device a means of handling him

Stop generalising. Not all men, except those who don't have the fear of GOD.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by boygeorge: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:
Tell her to proceed on the divorce. Infact, help her pay the bills of the law suit

Modified
----

To those saying it's not enough. I bet 80% of you are single and you have no idea indeed what contents are of marriage. Yes.

Marriage IS NOT a task! Neither is it some kind of Job or Project. It's not a do or die affair. It's a union where 2 happy people come together as 1. So your sister shouldn't be in such union as her happiness has been slain. Why live with a man knowing well, that he is sleeping with another woman? The thought of it alone can lead to depression. Let's be realistic.

Irrespective of how they sort it out and settle the dispute, the scar would always be there. When she see him making a call, she would be suspicious. If she see him greet a woman she would be suspicious. She would always have the thought that he is sleeping with other women though she may not express this. But she would never forget. And this is not good at all. So what is the point? Is it by force? Why live in depression especially when the woman he is chatting with looks better or sexier than she is.

So let her be.

P.s I'm a married man and yet, I don't encourage anyone to stay in a marriage where infidelity looms.
Are you OK

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by jbhitler(m): 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

Modified
----

So let her be.

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by boygeorge: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2017
Michellla:
Who knows if he has been banging other women and not just sexchat?
And so?
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by crunchyg: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
Michellla:
Are you a saint
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by crunchyg: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2017
Freewoman:
If this is true, you have nothing to do here, reason been that both knows the best, sometimes you allow things to happen so that things should be fix, no marriage without challenges even more serious than this, let them fix it themselves, yes, themselves, .....please let the woman know too well that if she backs off another packs in,men are not ready for commitment now............. Many girls are waiting on her to go so that they will enter, plus, including me or her unmarried best friends oooooooooooh
So what are you really saying in essence
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
zubby29:
babe u dey vex o. u no get brother or papa
If my brother na dog I go call am dog and if my papa na dog I go call am dog too.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by crunchyg: 3:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
Shortyy:
SMH. Your wife is there with you and you're sexchatting with another woman. Odiegwu o! Some men sha.
Anyways If all he did was sexchat and didn't actually sleep with another woman, I'll advice they go for counselling. The wife might be denying him of his husband duties..
Nawao which one be husband duties again?
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Pro2makx(m): 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2017
Michellla:
Sex chatting is nothing. He might just feel like playing naughty. Who knows if the wife is the boring, always serious type. I could even guess she is, from the way she took this trivial matter so seriously.
It is wrong to assume he is cheating just cos of some chat. He might not mean it, might just be him playing naughty. There r days 8 just like to play naughty. Yet I have Neva cheated on my queen.
I have some female friends who I chat naughty with at times, most time self, they either be the on to directly or indirectly start it or request for it, and we have never and will never have sex. My babe has even seen one insanely naughty one before, thank God she knows her guy well, at first she was acting up, but then, she relaxed.
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by DEGREE2466(m): 3:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
Freewoman:
If this is true, you have nothing to do here, reason been that both knows the best, sometimes you allow things to happen so that things should be fix, no marriage without challenges even more serious than this, let them fix it themselves, yes, themselves, .....please let the woman know too well that if she backs off another packs in,men are not ready for commitment now............. Many girls are waiting on her to go so that they will enter, plus, including me or her unmarried best friends oooooooooooh

I just want to look for trouble

Reason "being" not "been"

both "know" not "knows"

things "would be fixed" not "should fix"

many girls are waiting "for" her not "on" her to pack out.

in fact meet me in the other room for English class

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by mattsvibes: 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
you only caught him sex chating not in bed with another woman you don't ave to divorce him instead talk to him like a mature woman give him reason why he should change life is short 4 playing polygamus tourist
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by DEGREE2466(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
crunchyg:
Nawao which one be husband duties again?
We need to abolish English on this forum. I am tired of reading blunders
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by kingPhidel(m): 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
your sister haven't heard the story of a woman who celebrated birthday for her husband's side chick? It stroke the husband and the chick. Now her marriage is restore and the side chick repented.
Save your marriage not everyone is previldge to have a good marital home. You can't buy a ready-made marital home instead you build it up from such troubles like what your husband found himself into.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Juzzybabe(f): 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
Some advice don't need to be given with soft words at all... Sex chat leading to divorce? I laugh tire. My dear, if I were to be in her shoes, that man will never sex chat all his life again because that very moment he will 'sex live' until the police will intervene. On a serious note, that is not reason enough to deny a 5 year a kid the joy of growing with both parents. Men do worst things that their wives are not even aware of. I hope your sis put this behind her and enjoy her marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Tomjazzy2: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
hedonistic:

For real. I don't understand the unrealistic standards and sense of entitlement that many young women of nowadays have afflicted themselves with. It is beyond ridiculous.

Wise older generation women knew that you simply can't expect most men to be faithful to you alone for life. It's not gonna happen. Simple.

Men don't get into marriage because they want to stick to one woman. They get into marriage because of societal norms - because it is deemed 'normal' for a man of a certain age and accomplishment to get married. Women need to get this into their block heads.

Just manage your husband well and make sure he doesn't disrespect you by cheating relentlessly to your face and making no effort to hide it. That's all a reasonable woman needs to do. You can't have him all to yourself except he is hopelessly broke and socially awkward. A normal correct guy man with a decent income cannot be tied down for life. This is a conclusive assertion. No two ways about it. If you're a woman and this sounds too bitter to swallow, then please stay off marriage and remain single for life. Don't attempt to look for what is simply not available.

Only a very foolish woman would make too much noise about a so-called cheating husband, let alone contemplate divorce. Divorce him and marry who? Who says the next man wouldn't cheat even worse? I laugh.

Not judging you, but you sound like a chronic cheat bro undecided
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by crunchyg: 3:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
DEGREE2466:

We need to abolish English on this forum. I am tired of reading blunders
I dey tell u my brother
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

Modified
----

So let her be.

God bless you, and bless your wife and kids. People like you raise good sons and daughters.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by lepasharon(f): 4:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
African men doing what they know best..
Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by jbhitler(m): 4:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

Modified
----

So let her be.

who is perfect? if we must divorce at the slightest mistake then where is forgiveness? forget about civilization and westernization.we are Africans for goodness sake.your advise is not good enough.you should have put the little boy into consideration before your

presentation.he asked for a solution but you he got nothing but a worsened situation from you.as an elder in African setting,is that how you will advise your daughters to divorce their husbands? experience and maturity teaches us not to destroy but repair.next time,listen to both side before judgement.I think it will be appropriate we drop all traces of foreign cultures at the international airports as we fly into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by freecocoa(f): 4:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
It's like the men of these days would prefer it, if women decide it's best to stay single, just wetin dey work them sef? Haba!

I'd leave if I were in her shoes, even if just to cool off first. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by Cyberfreak(f): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2017
B

4 Likes

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by hitman2911: 4:13pm On Mar 11, 2017
Strahovski1:

Modified
----

So let her be.

This doesnt sound like a married Nigerian man.You sounds a superman who can never stray and that is why i doubt your so called married man status. It seems you do not understand the meaning of divorce and the effects on all the parties. Marriage is not a bed of roses but for better and for worse. Was the man violent? Caught sleeping around? What are the evidences for the court to grant divorce.
You just dont advocate for divorce without full details and counselling. This family can still work things out.

1 Like

Re: My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks by freecocoa(f): 4:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
Did I read that the bastard even left angrily? Chai! The things that women see, I sha don't blame him, just take a look at this thread and you'll see why he has the nerves to be angry after what he did.

Useless hediots.
I

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / You’re Going Back To Nigeria - Heartbroken Lady Tells Her Nigerian Husband / Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.