Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! (6660 Views)

APC, PDP, Others Lack Ideology — Dogara / Is There Any Difference Between The Initial Ideology Of Boko Haram And Biafra? / New Party APDA: Values, Vision, Mission, Ideology And Manifesto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2017
buckdudebuck:
Do you think we are not ready for a war with Nigeria? Don't underestimate us. It is just a step by step matter, I don't want to go to war with Nigeria But if it gets to that, I won't shy away, so don't you try to threaten me with the notion of war because it won't scare me.
But at least you and i can agree that the UN will not sanction a referendum to break up Nigeria?
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by ificatchmodeh: 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2017
victorvezx:

Yimu, did I tell u an from south west? U just assume am from south west. Let me see how u take the territory. Territories are not carved by mouth but by action. Let's see if the south south or Nigeria just keep quite while u do it.

Am ijaw and I do support biafra ideology..
Bleep your one nigeria..
Many of us do support em..no be mouth..
Referendum will shock you all.. or why you think say your government no fit support calls for referendum..
Why are they scared.. to conduct it in south..because dem know say ijaws will go too..
Why are Yourba's scared of biafra.. why..? Which region nigeria don help..
Some lazy bones go de Halla lagos while their regions na slum..

Disintegration of this country will enable competition and development..

People go fit tackle their representatives without federal might or Godfathers..

Bleep nigeria state..

Wetin

3 Likes

Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by buckdudebuck: 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2017
kropotkin2:
But at least you and i can agree that the UN will not sanction a referendum to break up Nigeria?
UN is not needed to create countries, however they can act as observers. I believe they should be more interested in Kim Jon Un. The UN is just a toothless bulldog.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by hammerF: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!
I want to contribute to the ongoing Ipob issue, I think that Nairaland is a good platform to do that.
IPOB have succeded in enshring their biafran ideology into the DNA of their core fellowers, thats why you can hear some of them saying BIAFRA OR DEATH.
I have asked myself, is anything wrong with Ipob ideology of self independence, and the answer is NO!
But there is a problem, which is their Methodology!
And we will discuss this under three scope,
1. SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES
2. PROTESTS
3. IGBO NATION.

SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES: Just as Ipob feel that they have the right to decide on what they want,is the same way,the SS minorities also have the right to make their decisions.
and on the issue of Biafra, They have said NO to the agitation.
using Eastern region as a bait to force anyone into an unwanted agitation is certainly silly.
present day Delta and Edo were part of western nigeria with the yorubas,yet anytime Oduduwa voice goes out,they restrict it to 6 southwest states and the yoruba speaking areas of kogi and kwara.
The eastern region is gone, if the Ijaws,Ogonis,Efiks etc don't want Biafra, their decision should be respected and not abused.
I see them as Igbo neighbours and thats where it ends!
Igbos attaching these minorities to Biafra agitation is WRONGLY portraying Igbos as beggers! Thats why you see some of these SS minorities insulting Igbos on Social Media.
IPOB caused it.
Asari dokubo supporting Biafra means nothing, and There will NEVER be any refrendum on the Land of these SS minorities because they never asked for any.
IPOB should respect their decision.

2) PROTESTS: Since nnamdi kanu was arrested, ther have been many protests calling for his release, but has that released Nnamdi Kanu? NO.
Instead we have been seeing some Igbo young men send to their graves by the trigger happy Nigeria army.
my people, This is Africa where human rights are not respected, so why exposing yourselves to danger in the name of protest?
Since you people have been shot at in protest rally, is there any justice yet?
This is a country where gunfire were open on hundreds of shittes and nothing happens.
why must you present yourself to the enemy for you to be shot in the name of protest.
It is not the strongest animal that survives the jungle but the wiseast
Diplomacy is not in the Africa DNA!
3) IGBO NATION: why not agitate for an Igbo nation? European countries are succeding because they are mainly homogenous, why trying to leave Nigeria to another heterogenous country,
Had it been Ojukwu took the Igbos alone in 1967,he would have succeded.
if incase Nigeria breaks,I will love a homogenous Igbo country with Igbo language as lingua franca and also teaching our children Art,Science and Technology in Igbo language.
Thats the secret of western world dominance in Technology, A Homogenous nation.
I will round up by saying that BUHARI SHOULD RELEASE NNAMDI KANU.

No insults pls, contribute maturely.
thanks.…
You are free to share.
Amarachi.

Ngozi123:

When I say "Igbo-only" country, I'm including the Igbos in the South-South as well. You should take your own advice and speak only for your ethnic group, not for the whole South-South region.

But y do u girls want only igbo speaking country? Does this mean u are more igbo freaks than me? Is that even possible? Do we have girls that are more igboish than the boyz? hmmmmm! very interesting... grin cheesy
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by mich24(m): 3:23pm On Mar 12, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!

If not that you gat a kissable lips and nice bewiaste, aka m asi mkpuru amu dajie gi okpa.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!
I want to contribute to the ongoing Ipob issue, I think that Nairaland is a good platform to do that.
IPOB have succeded in enshring their biafran ideology into the DNA of their core fellowers, thats why you can hear some of them saying BIAFRA OR DEATH.
I have asked myself, is anything wrong with Ipob ideology of self independence, and the answer is NO!
1. SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES
2. PROTESTS
3. IGBO NATION.

SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES: Just as Ipob feel that they have the right to decide on what they want,is the same way,the SS minorities also have the right to make their decisions.
using Eastern region as a bait to force anyone into an unwanted agitation is certainly silly.
present day Delta and Edo were part of western nigeria with the yorubas,yet anytime Oduduwa voice goes out,they restrict it to 6 southwest states and the yoruba speaking areas of kogi and kwara.
The eastern region is gone, if the Ijaws,Ogonis,Efiks etc don't want Biafra, their decision should be respected and not abused.
Igbos attaching these minorities to Biafra agitation is WRONGLY portraying Igbos as beggers! Thats why you see some of these SS minorities insulting Igbos on Social Media.
IPOB caused it.
Asari dokubo supporting Biafra means nothing, and There will NEVER be any refrendum on the Land of these SS minorities because they never asked for any.

2) PROTESTS: Since nnamdi kanu was arrested, ther have been many protests calling for his release, but has that released Nnamdi Kanu? NO.
Instead we have been seeing some Igbo young men send to their graves by the trigger happy Nigeria army.
my people, This is Africa where human rights are not respected, so why exposing yourselves to danger in the name of protest?
This is a country where gunfire were open on hundreds of shittes and nothing happens.
why must you present yourself to the enemy for you to be shot in the name of protest.
3) IGBO NATION: why not agitate for an Igbo nation? European countries are succeding because they are mainly homogenous, why trying to leave Nigeria to another heterogenous country,
if incase Nigeria breaks,I will love a homogenous Igbo country with Igbo language as lingua franca and also teaching our children Art,Science and Technology in Igbo language.

thanks.…
You are free to share.
Amarachi.
Na now you talk with sense. kiss
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by fratermathy(m): 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
The Igbo people do have an inalienable right to self-determination. If the majority of Igbos support Biafra, there is certainly no problem with that. Nigeria was never a discussed nation. I believe that the FG should look into the request of the Igbos and find a permanent solution to their agitations. The international community should as well be consulted and wooed to the Igbo cause. However, my issues with the current Biafra ideology being propagated by IPOB are as follows:

1. The addition of tribes that have historically not been in Biafra such as Urhobo-Isoko and Itsekiri. These tribes have never been and have never pledged or advocated for Biafra. In fact, many Urhobos have never even heard of the word before. So there is no basis for the addition of these people.

2. The addition of non-Igbo tribes in the South South. It is true that many of the minorities in the former Eastern Region were in the extinct Biafran republic but it must be emphasised that only a few of them commiserated with the cause. Currently, less than 1% of members of these ethnic minorities are sympathetic to the Biafran project. Many trust the motives of IPOB, which added them to maps without due consultation. The mistrust is further exacerbated by the reactions of IPOB youths online when confronted with the reality that members of minority tribes are NOT interested in Biafra.
I have been hearing the common idea of a referendum from IPOB and Igbos but as far as I am concerned, there won't be any referendum in the South-South because the people haven't asked for it. Referendums are conducted on request and no minority tribe has asked for any in line with the Biafran ideology. In the SE, an overwhelming majority subscribe to Biafra so there won't also be a need for any referendum as the outcome would be certain.
If IPOB is to succeed and attract sympathy, it should remain an IGBO affair as it is. After all, how many of the so-called minorities join in protests and the propagandist movement? Will they eat from where they did not work? From all the comments on the internet and the reality on ground, it is obvious even to the blind that minorities do not want Biafra. Why force yourself and your ideology on them? Isn't it wise to speak for only your ethnicity and agitate for an Igbo Biafra? If the minorities want Biafra, they should agitate for it then an agreement will be reached. Don't force it down their throats. Many of these minorities have strong voices in the nation because of their oil and Nigeria WILL NEVER let them go except the minorities themselves reject Nigeria -which I have not seen any doing-. If Biafra is to leave Nigeria smoothly, focus on Igboland and leave areas where Nigeria has huge investments in. It simply won't work as Nigeria won't lose Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Bayelsa, etc, without a fight! Biafrans should cater for their own first and if Biafra is achieved, she may then extend a hand of fellowship to the neighbouring groups.

3. Use of emotions, rather than logic and reason to make arguments. I will concede that this is shown mainly by the semi-literate IPOB member with an internet connection. If you come online to hear the arguments proferred for Biafra, many are ridden with tribalism against the Hausa-Yoruba. The Hausa-Yoruba are people too and have their own wishes and aspirations. You may not want to be in a country with them doesn't mean you should hate them. I also understand that they return the hate as well but the circle will never end if you guys don't get your priorities right. As an Urhobo, I have seen many comments by Igbos geared towards annexing us whether we want it or not. To them, the whole of Delta is Biafraland without even realising that Delta was never part of Biafra to begin with. This campaign of calumny, heightened by sentiments, have created enemies of many minorities. I have heard discussions by Urhobos/Itsekiris and even Ibibios about Igbo and Biafra and nothing good was said whatsoever. I won't blame them for it. They simply reacted to what they've seen, especially on the internet.

4. Playing Lugard. Although this is just a repetition of what I had said, I wish to emphasise again in concrete terms. The Igbos frequently reference Nigeria as the Lugardian experiment. This is totally correct. One of the problems in Nigeria is multilingualism. At the onset, we operated a regional system and tribalism was still a very serious issue. In fact, so bad was tribalism in the regional system that it caused a civil war. Biafra proponents frequently cite regionalism and resource control as the basis for the addition of non-Igbo speaking tribes to Biafra. If regionalism didn't work in a multiethnic Nigeria, what will be different in a multiethnic Biafra? A lot has happened since the previous agitation and many of the Nigerian minorities are genuinely wary of Nigeria's major ethnic groups, including the Igbos. You cannot sweep this under the carpet all of a sudden. IPOB should focus more on building bridges and building its public image to the minorities if they really want them in Biafra. You can't force people into a marriage that they don't want. Don't play Lugard all over again.

5. Lack of good strategy. If you need a nation. You have to get intellectuals - political scientists, economists, scientists, sociologists, lawyers, etc - to draw a map and make useful contributions to the cause. This is where MASSOB has done better than IPOB. Many of the modern day Biafran agitators are traders, who are not even in Igboland to begin with, semi-literates and pure illiterates. They lack the wherewithal to draw a good action plan that will involve all Igbos. Protests are good but what have they achieved so far? NOTHING!!! Biafra also needs a charismatic leader. Nnamdi Kanu preaches too much violence and he is a war-monger. Biafra tried violence in 1967 and it didn't work. You need a different strategy. Organise a think-tank, engage the many Igbo professors, scientists, business moguls, innovators, economists, politicians, etc, and draw a clear roadmap. You don't need to fight Nigeria to get Biafra. No one owns Nigeria so fighting her would be in vain. Once Biafra gets a clear vision and roadmap towards its actualization, many things will fall in place naturally. The campaign shouldn't be all about violent protests; you guys should go to towns and villages and sensitise people, write letters to heads-of-states, make more calls, use more coercive forms of protests such as civil disobedience, solidarity walk, etc. Protest more in Abuja, rather than the South East.

I have more issues with the movement but I have made my point with the few I have listed. Amarabae, you have spoken well and reasoned the way I expect all Biafrans to do. Biafra is a good cause. Every ethnicity has the right to create its own destiny. No one can force any determined group into anything. Just the way Igbos struggle for their inalienable rights to determine her faith, so also should Igbos recognise the minorities' right to fashion their own destiny. No one should play Lugard with people's future. Let us correct the sins of the past. Every ethnic group is independent and has the capacity to become a nation-state.

God bless us all!

3 Likes

Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Malawian(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2017
Me, I want an Igbo only country. The only reason i support calls for a referendum among the minorities is so that any group that votes to stay with the Nigerians, Igbo people will perpetually be excused from coming to their aids should they ever find themselves in a fix.

One more thing, i honestly support including the Edo in the proposed Referendum. Edo people are a formidable bunch, and they are not Muslims. When Biafra comes, a second refrendum will then be conducted immediately to free Edo people if they want to go it alone. A very formidable Edo country is a solid buffer region and prevents us having to spend so much money guarding those borders with the Nigerians.

Actually two more things, Idoma and igala should also be included in the referendum, and just like the edo, they are always free to vote themselves out during the second referendum. It solves the buffer problem from those flanks as well as the fact that most of the food we consume in this Nigeria actually comes from there.

We all need to be united for this struggle, after which we can go home and settle our differences. Igbos dont subjugate people, i believe it is obvious by now.

thanks all.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Dedetwo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!
1. SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES
2. PROTESTS
3. IGBO NATION.

IPOB caused it.

thanks.…
You are free to share.
Amarachi.

Here they go again!!!. When did IPOB become entirely Igbo thing? This is the same idiotic propaganda that seemingly turned Biafra into Igbo issue instead of old eastern region and Igbo in then mid-western region affair. It appears Nigeria's idiosyncrasy is to literally interlope in issues they know little about. I saw a picture of the burial activities of an IPOB member in Akwa Ibom State apparently killed by Nigerian soldiers. Nnamdi Kanu is a mere visible leader of IPOB and could be easily replaced.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 11, 2017
Amarabae:
oga, we must save ourself first before trying to save those who don't want our help.
You can't force refrendum on people who never asked for one. Its not logical.
I believe in mutual relationship. Igbos have done a lot for the minorities, what have they done for us.
Support a homogenous Igbo country if you want Nigeria to break.

You lack sense

1 Like

Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 11, 2017
TimeManager:
What the hell do you mean by "the Yoruba speaking areas of kwara??.. Kwara is 100% yoruba land. E be like say to chop cane dey hungry you abi...
Kiss the truth!

There are Fulani indigene in Kwara
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by macluvph1(m): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2017
TheDEVlLHimseIf:

we call it prototype map all negotiations will be done when the time comes.

it's simple when referendum is conducted.
remember that i want separate igbo nation doesn't mean my opinion supercedes that of people like those in Akwa ibom (remember 2 ipob members buried recently are from Akwa ibom)
that's why they need a fair play ground to decide their fate and you know majority opinion supercedes that of minority

My man fire on i dey beleieve u, NK said it that even if he is gone that warriors greater than him will emanate.

You are a true son of your father,keep it up. one love from the land of the rising sun.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Boydehot: 8:46am On Apr 11, 2017
Bia girl sit down let me tell u something.

SOUTH SOUTH MINORITIES:
since ipob has no right to speak for igbo's so those itsekiri,ibibo or ijaw youth council has no right to speak for the minorities including asari dokubo. I think referendum will be the best option.

PROTEST: so u want to tell me that the Scottish that embark on protest were mentally unstable? Why most u condemn anything that has to do with ipob?

IGBO NATION: if ipob have decide to make their ideology to secede as a nation then ur mythology is dead on arrival.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by theDEVILisHERE: 9:32pm On May 06, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!
1. SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES
2. PROTESTS
3. IGBO NATION.

IPOB caused it.

thanks.…
You are free to share.
Amarachi.

Woman
Ipob is getting d job done
Weither you, I or any other person agrees with their format is irrelevant
The end justifies d means
The task must be accomplished

If you have a better format lead ur struggle so all can key into it
if not, take a back sit, go about ur daily activities and let others do the Job you and many are not able to do

You obviously do not know what Biafra is really about
Actually your average Blackman does not know this cause most are shortsighted idiotic zombies
Not many people know and understand the Dept of what Biafra entails

There is a reason your so called world powers propelled by their reptilian overseers are scared shit about the issue of Biafra
This goes beyond what is general known and understood about d issue from 1967 till date

Its a pity many black people don't know d sort of danger they are in
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by MrCork: 4:59pm On May 17, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!
1. SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES
2. PROTESTS
3. IGBO NATION.

IPOB caused it.

thanks.…
You are free to share.
Amarachi.
kaiii.....madam can I kisssssiuuuuu in the mouth? cheesy
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Gofwane(m): 12:16am On Jun 21, 2017
Amarabae:
So a woman don"t have a say in politics?
Online bashing affect those who are emotionally fragile and should not be taken serious.
Anyone who can't counter this thread intellectually is a Nuisance and will be ignored.
and yes,ma and you have nothing in cimmon.
I still hate you.
some of your spellings aren't correct.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by oyatz(m): 9:14pm On Jul 10, 2017
Why are Edo, Nupe, Ebira, Tiv, Jukun and Bariba tribes not included in Biafra?

agaba77:
op, Biafra is based on an ideology of JUSTICE/Fairness and equality not on tribe or race. Biafrans believe in competition and progress which is not case in nigeria and has never been the case. Biafra is a mindset not a geographical expression.
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by oyatz(m): 9:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
Settlers, not indigenous.
Strictly speaking,the Fulanis aren't indigenous to Nigeria.

YorubaMuslims:

There are Fulani indigene in Kwara
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 28, 2017
oyatz:
Settlers, not indigenous.
Strictly speaking,the Fulanis aren't indigenous to Nigeria.

You meant Buhari is not indigenous?
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by IJOBA2: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Amarabae:
That one is not an issue. The british knows the Igbo boundary very well,they are all documented in Nigetia independence archive.
IM BEGINNING TO DOUBT IF YA REALLY AN IGBO WOMAN angry
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by MrCork: 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!
1. SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES
2. PROTESTS
3. IGBO NATION.

IPOB caused it.

thanks.…
You are free to share.
Amarachi.

angry
Re: IPOB- Right Ideology But Wrong Methodology! by ofai: 5:24pm On Sep 10, 2017
Amarabae:
Greetings!
1. SOUTH SOUTH MINORITES
2. PROTESTS
3. IGBO NATION.

IPOB caused it.

thanks.…
You are free to share.
Amarachi.

amarabae, I want to assume you are new here. let me summarize IPOB's methodology based on your points:

1. On SOUTH-SOUTH: Biafra Agitation is not about igbos alone. To start with, indigenous igbo communities are in the south south(ndoki, obigbo, egbema, aniocha, igbuzo, ogwashi, asaba, etc). Moreso, igbos, ibibio, efik, ijaw enjoys numerous cultural linguistic and religious ties which binds them together despite the ethnic​ differences. there many non igbo IPOBians, so the best way to settle the "south south" debate is by REFERENDUM which kanu has peacefully been agitating for.

2. on PROTESTS: if you think bullets can silence an ideology then you are wasting your time. shooting unarmed youths is the more reason why IPOB is being sympathized and supported by foreign observers. In every agitation, things like these are not strange, it only shows that the oppressors (in this case, Nigeria) are MISEDUCATED COWARDS.

3. on IGBO NATION: only a referendum can decide if it's going to be an igbo only affair. but until then, it is wise to make biafra membership what it has always been, a comity of politically culturally and religiously similar ethnic nationalities. BIAFRA will be a confederation like the UK with an economically weak centre.

kanu's "hate speech" is the true grievance of typical easterner. it is a REACTION to an action. Nigeria has shown itself to be a political and economic fraud.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDA Cadets Causing Problem In Lagos / 2019: Presidency Doesn’t Interfere In What We Do – INEC / APC, PDP Ready For Elections In Zamfara, As INEC Distributes Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.