Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors (17827 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks / Modele Fatoyinbo Dragged For Defending Her Husband Pastor Fatoyinbo Against Rape / Pastor Dave Ogbole Accused Of Sexual Abuse After Defending Pastor Fatoyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Max24: 9:38am On Mar 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

This is not a religious thread between Muslims and Christians. I am a Christian and it is only natural I stay within the the purview of Christianity.
I don't think u are a serious christian because if u are u would have read when Jesus chided his disciples that "he who is not against us must be for us '- what u did is exactly what the chided disciples did. Are those pastors mentioned against Christ ? You say u are a christian and u are attacking christian leaders based on circumstantial evidence, didn't Christ say judge not.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Sanchez01: 9:58am On Mar 24, 2017
Max24:

I don't think u are a serious christian because if u are u would have read when Jesus chided his disciples that "he who is not against us must be for us '- what u did is exactly what the chided disciples did. Are those pastors mentioned against Christ ? You say u are a christian and u are attacking christian leaders based on circumstantial evidence, didn't Christ say judge not.
Your understanding of the instance you cited is clearly limited. I'll help you, regardless.

What you meant to quote
Luke 9:50 - 49 “Master,” said John, “we saw someone driving out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him, because he does not accompany us.” 50“Do not stop him, Jesus replied, “for whoever is not against you is for you.”

My response

Matthew 7:21-22 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’…

Did Jesus not speak against the Pharisees and the Sadducees at the time?
Did the Apostles not mention and expose false teachers equipping the people with false doctrines/teachings/lifestyle?
I guess you would say Peter was never a true disciple of Christ since he dedicated 2 Peter talking about false teachers?
Perhaps Jesus Christ was never the Saviour since he also talked about these set of people, according to you?

In the eye of a religious folk, what I have done is 'attack' 'Christian Leaders'. It is not until a pastor is mentioned 'against' Christ that he is described to be false or untrue.

It is quite pitiable that the 'judge not' is coming up again. This won't be the time for me to go into details of that passage. Just like the then Pharisees and Sadducees, many Pastors have taken on the form of wolves in sheep's clothing perfectly because the level of gullibility of the modern day Christian is alarming.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by ROBO1722: 10:01am On Mar 24, 2017
BE CAREFUL ABOUT THINGS YOU SAY OR DOING CONCERNING THE MEN OF GOD.

GOD IS A JUST GOD………..ALLOW HIM JUDGE
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Beetwaise(m): 11:18am On Mar 24, 2017
basty:
I thank the Lord God of Dr D.K. Olukoya a living example of Daniel in the Bible. He is an undiluted man of God. I pray for eternal grace of God upon his life and his ministry of fire.

Another gullible fellow spotted. Why would you vouch for your pastor? Do you realize he's human & can be fallible?

Advice: follow the word of God, read it & pray for guidance. Don't follow the 'word of men'.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Beetwaise(m): 11:24am On Mar 24, 2017
@Op, I don't know u in person but it appears we share the same thoughts concerning the porous religious nature of our country. After going through your write up, I'm really glad that we still have some people with healthy brain cells. Thank you for a job well done @Sanchez01.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Beetwaise(m): 11:27am On Mar 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

Your understanding of the instance you cited is clearly limited. I'll help you, regardless.

What you meant to quote

My response

Matthew 7:21-22 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’…

Did the Apostles not mention and expose false teachers equipping the people with false doctrines/teachings/lifestyle?
I guess you would say Peter was never a true disciple of Christ since he dedicated 2 Peter talking about false teachers?
Perhaps Jesus Christ was never the Saviour since he also talked about these set of people, according to you?

In the eye of a religious folk, what I have done is 'attack' 'Christian Leaders'. It is not until a pastor is mentioned 'against' Christ that he is described to be false or untrue.

It is quite pitiable that the 'judge not' is coming up again. This won't be the time for me to go into details of that passage. Just like the then Pharisees and Sadducees, many Pastors have taken on the form of wolves in sheep's clothing perfectly because the level of gullibility of the modern day Christian is alarming.

@Op, I don't know u in person but it appears we share the same thoughts concerning the porous religious nature of our country. After going through your write up, I'm really glad that we still have some people with healthy brain cells. Thank you for a job well done @Sanchez01.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by ddjay: 11:39am On Mar 24, 2017
b4 nko,when the sheep is need these pastors will say sow seed,when the pators need money,they tell the sheep to sow seed eg, 24hr miracle,first fruit,Prophet seed, and all types seed.but for the sheep eg jobless, sickness,marriage wahala,poverty,childlessness, internally displaced people camp.. they will tell you to sow any of the above seed. mtcheew
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by petra1(m): 12:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sanchez01:
When staunchly defend pastors, we;

1. Reinforce their actions, either good or bad.
2. Prove that indeed we have been brainwashed and are blind.
3. Forget that the pastor is a man which is capable of falling or making mistakes.
4. Show that we are incapable of thinking for ourselves since the Word of God is far from our reach.
5. We unconsciously join such pastor by driving out young believers.
6. Show that we don't follow God and study His Word but the Pastor.
7. We unconsciously give room for cult followership rather than the truth.

You are wrong . You're rather working for the devil unknowingly . Firstly there's no provision given for Believer's to criticize their pastors . Its Satan job to do that . And the target is the sheep.

Matthew 26:31
. . .for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

WHAT IF THE MINISTER IS WRONG

A minister can only be judged 3 ways . Firstly if it's God that judges his servant .that is If he sin against God . But many times a minister had been condemned by false accusations without facts and evidence .

Secondly a minister can be judged by a superior or another minister . And it must be by the word of God not because "I don't like him" or " I don't agree with his doctrine " or his way or of ministry

Thirdly If a minister does something against the law in form of a crime . Which has nothing to do with faith . The law shoukd handle him .

But here we mostly judge by a blog a rumor or any social media unfounded story .

WHAT OF FALSE MINISTER
The fact that there could be false minister is not an excuse to destroy the entire body . It's christ who builds his church . He knows how to take down the evil one . There's an appointed time . We should not forget what Jesus said below.

Matthew 13:24-30
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: 25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. 26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. 27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? 28 -- He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

We can't love the church more than christ . We can't do the work of the Holy Spirit . When you attack a minister . You have the tendency to destroy lives affected by him . And by that you sin against christ . Without knowing . If you don't agree with his doctrine or understand his action . Pray

Romans 14:4
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Martinez19(m): 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Max24:

nonsense," judge not" is a phrase that men of God use to get away with wrong doings. Other phrases /clauses include "touch not my anointed", "leave it for God "," leave it in God's hands" e.t.c.
Pastor, reverend, bishop, deacon e.t.c are just titles to me. Everyone should be equal before the law and no one should be above criticism. No matter your title, if you are found wanting then you should be confronted and, if appropriate, punished.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by petra1(m): 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Martinez19:
nonsense," judge not" is a phrase that men of God use to get away with wrong doings. Other phrases /clauses include "touch not my anointed", "leave it for God "," leave it in God's hands" e.t.c.
Pastor, reverend, bishop, deacon e.t.c are just titles to me. Everyone should be equal before the law and no one should be above criticism.

Si will you rather follow your ideology or the Bible ? If the Bible says it . Take it for what it says . A minister can only be corrected by God or another minister
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Martinez19(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
petra1:

Si will you rather follow your ideology or the Bible ? If the Bible says it . Take it for what it says . A minister can only be corrected by God or another minister

My brain is for me to think. If your daughter(if you have any) has been sleeping with your pastor for years because your pastor brainwashed her and he has been using to steal money from you. To make matters worse, she has committed 9 abortions and her womb has been damaged permanently. What will do if you had the power:
- make him pay by yourself with any punishment you desire.
- leave it in God's hand. Or
- forgive him.
You must pick one. If you picked the first one, it means that you understand that justice does not come from anywhere but us. Nothing will exert the justice we seek except us.
If you picked two, I will would like you to look again and you will understand how pastors get away with wrongdoings. You will understand how the bible is configured to protect these thrives no matter thier evil.
If you picked three, well I should question the love for your daughter.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by PeacenLove2: 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2017
weedtheweeds:
2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

They know the truth, but they cannot put up with the truth. They will take down anyone who exposes them or their pastors because their own hands are not clean and they want to continue doing the evil with a view that someone who serves as an intercessor is also a part of the show.
They pastors have mastered the art of deceit and they have confused the minds of gullible ones with their showy display of devilish powers.
Instead of preaching the truth about God, they engage in magic displays and fake acts of kindness.

This is not for false Christians alone. Muslims as well do the same. They can hardly ask questions from their Imams or question their evil ways. Muslims are the worse because they will never tell a single soul. They will kill anyone who confesses the evil an Imam commits right away.

Much as I agree with you, there is need to distinguish between Muslims and extremist muslims. Yes I agree the latter do not question the nonsense out of their preachers' mouth and thus become serious public nuisance and threat to lasting peace. No extremist believer is any different whether Christian or Muslim because they both promote injustice. They always start somewhere before they end up on that scale you see Book Haram.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by petra1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Martinez19:
My brain is for me to think. If your daughter(if you have any) has been sleeping with your pastor for years because your pastor brainwashed her

If it's a child abuse case . It's between him and the law.

I don't believe is any brainwashing . We all have the Bible to know fornication is a sin .

Every ministry has Disciplinary measure to deal with any erring pastor .

If it's by consent they both did wrong . They should repent .

and he has been using to steal money from you. To make matters worse,

Steal money how? The church money is not the pastors money

- forgive him.
You must pick one. If you picked the first one, it means that you understand that justice does not come from anywhere but us. Nothing will exert the justice we seek except us.
If you picked two, I will would like you to look again and you will understand how pastors get away with wrongdoings. You will understand how the bible is configured to protect these thrives no matter thier evil.
If you picked three, well I should question the love for your daughter.

A parent should take responsibility for their failure in wrong upbringing .

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Max24: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

What you meant to quote

My response

I agree with some of your assertions but my points are as a true christian d social media is not the right place to do d correction, not when u have an enemy without praying for crisis to implode within Christianson.There are many churches in Nigeria that excommunicate its senior clergy for misdemeanor so to a large extent self cleansing. But no human institution is perfect. I won't be surprised if many of those urging you on are not christian but those that hope to gain from such division such as happened in d early church anyway I.e I am of Paul, another says I am of Apollos etc. And don't think elders of d church don't correct their GOs , they do. Also CAN. But instigating converts against their GOs will lead to crises in Christianson which extremists want. Imagine if members of CAN were judging each other who would have spoken for Christians in SK or Bridget or Eunice. Point is I rather accommodate the malfeasance of pastors for purposes of self preservation. Why don't the other group wash their dirty linens in public ?.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by petra1(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
Max24:

I agree with some of your assertions but my points are as a true christian d social media is not the right place to do d correction, not when u have an enemy without praying for crisis to implode within Christianson.There are many churches in Nigeria that excommunicate its senior clergy for misdemeanor so to a large extent self cleansing. But no human institution is perfect. I won't be surprised if many of those urging you on are not christian but those that hope to gain from such division such as happened in d early church anyway I.e I am of Paul, another says I am of Apollos etc. And don't think elders of d church don't correct their GOs , they do. Also CAN. But instigating converts against their GOs will lead to crises in Christianson which extremists want. Imagine if members of CAN were judging each other who would have spoken for Christians in SK or Bridget or Eunice. Point is I rather accommodate the malfeasance of pastors for purposes of self preservation. Why don't the other group wash their dirty linens in public ?.

Beautiful post
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Kenchukky(m): 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
Will you dare point accusing fingers at Imams and islamic clerics who daily commit atrocities and come here with a stupid topic about defending pastors. They are God's servants and we must defend them. Better stop posting thrash about men of God.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by sissoko22(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
Your type are common, you don't do finding, always relying on what the Media and sometimes your god-man says. I most admit the fact that small % of Muslims who don't know their scripture well, falls a victim like many Africans and Nigerians Christian of deciet, lies, scam and many times sexual assault from these assume man-god. Brother, free yourself deceit and hatred for Islam because those two diseases kill faster than Ebola. #cheerz
weedtheweeds:
You call me a Psychopath, LOL. Why? Because I reeled in the hypocrisy of Islam? As a Muslim, did you ever think that hypocrisy could mean reading a post about pastors' scandals when you are banned from reporting scandals in Islam? This shouldn't be a thread for Muslim, isn't it?
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by Martinez19(m): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2017
petra1:

If it's a child abuse case . It's between him and the law.

I don't believe is any brainwashing . We all have the Bible to know fornication is a sin .

Every ministry has Disciplinary measure to deal with any erring pastor .

If it's by consent they both did wrong . They should repent .

Steal money how? The church money is not the pastors money

A parent should take responsibility for their failure in wrong upbringing .

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

it baffles me that churches have disciplinary committee. I thought we should leave everything for God. Nonsense. The fact that the bible says fornication is a sin does not stop people from doing it because it doesn't give a reasonable "why?". You don't tell people to stop doing something contrary to their nature and expect then to stop because you told them so. You have to give a good reason. Who will be "sexually immoral" if it becomes a well proven fact that "sexual immorality" will kill you if you practice it?
Despite the bible, look at the rubbishes pastors and christians are doing.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by sissoko22(m): 3:03pm On Mar 24, 2017
Imams don't go about taking money from vulnerable poor followers just to leave a flamboyant life(scam) or making prophecy that never come to pass(lies). Even if any imam(s) is involved majority of Muslim disregard them as they have no place in Islam. There are insignificant anyway. The topic is about pastors though. Insecurity dey worry you sef.
Kenchukky:
Will you dare point accusing fingers at Imams and islamic clerics who daily commit atrocities and come here with a stupid topic about defending pastors. They are God's servants and we must defend them. Better stop posting thrash about men of God.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by sissoko22(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
This particular topic is on front page and at such it become a public property and as far as I no, you don't own nairaland therefore, you can't make decision for me on which topic to views or comments. As a Muslim we are taught to mind we own business therefore I've never commented on any scandalous topics about pastors. E.g paying prostitute with hard earn gullible followers tithe(infidelity), divorce even as churches disagree, sucking females breast for deliverance (he most be a psycho), leaving large while their followers dies of hunger and diseases even as they can provide help (scammer) etc. I hope you realize one day and set yourself, relatives and friend free from this slavery. #Cheers
weedtheweeds:
You call me a Psychopath, LOL. Why? Because I reeled in the hypocrisy of Islam? As a Muslim, did you ever think that hypocrisy could mean reading a post about pastors' scandals when you are banned from reporting scandals in Islam? This shouldn't be a thread for Muslim, isn't it?
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by weedtheweeds: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
You seem to be a get-away Muslim, bro. Of all Muslims who read my comment, you are the only one with the war-mongering instinct. For the record, what I said about the Imams was an allusion to the comment I made about Christians. I have 8 tenants who are Muslims and I am wondering how I hate Muslims by that. I sit, eat and drink with Muslims almost every day and we talk about the hypocrisy in Islam. In case you do not know, I am not the only one noticing. Sit close to a real Muslim and he will tell you most of y'all live in hypocrisy and I can back it up with some facts if you want the details. As a matter of fact, Yoruba Muslims are killed by the Northern Muslims, while the black Muslims are not even considered a thing to the Middle easterners. Why are you guys not referred to as Arabs? If you are willing to handle some deep-rooted questions, I will be up for a sit-down with you.
sissoko22:
Your type are common, you don't do finding, always relying on what the Media and sometimes your god-man says. I most admit the fact that small % of Muslims who don't know their scripture well, falls a victim like many Africans and Nigerians Christian of deciet, lies, scam and many times sexual assault from these assume man-god. Brother, free yourself deceit and hatred for Islam because those two diseases kill faster than Ebola. #cheerz
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by weedtheweeds: 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
My problem is that the leaders are refusing to condemn the acts publicly. Their silence prove their support for it because the perpetrators do it for their religious beliefs
PeacenLove2:

Much as I agree with you, there is need to distinguish between Muslims and extremist muslims. Yes I agree the latter do not question the nonsense out of their preachers' mouth and thus become serious public nuisance and threat to lasting peace. No extremist believer is any different whether Christian or Muslim because they both promote injustice. They always start somewhere before they end up on that scale you see Book Haram.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by weedtheweeds: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
I have seen exorcism in Islam. I was surprised when I experienced it. It would be refreshing for you to know that I know the details. I do not speak out of ignorance here and do not try to play the wild card here cos I can bring out facts. It goes both ways. Have you ever wondered why Muslims are reticent especially about their religion? (anti-western, no camera, no photography, no video, etc)?. Do you know why the Imams will never condemn the bokos? You should know what the Quran says about unbelievers. Sadly, the Bokos and the Fulani herdsmen are leaving the Yoruba Muslims confused
BobHIGHNESS:
i don't think OP mention anything fingering about muslims or islam, don't try to bring in religion clash. Besides, muslim don't follow blindly as you said, there's room for questioning if their leaders go wrong, they don't perform magic in the name of miracle to get more followers, they don't predict the future publicly as christians does. There is a class called "fatwah" means question and answer in islam which is absent in xtianity. In Islam, if a leader goes wrong, he will be condemn tho in a polite way. Are you comparing christianity with Islam? That's a no-go area, death can't be compare with slumber. How many times have you see a muslim leader giving dettol to its congregations or stepping on them for miracle? Dude,you're missing it.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by weedtheweeds: 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
Why do we have so many beggars in Islamic countries? Why are the Islamic countries anti-western? Why are individuals or some families venerated in Islamic countries? I have been to Saudi Arabia 2 times and I know beyond your comment. I have seen things and I am not the type to read the news and uphold it. I have my evidence, bro
seunH:

So sorry for disturbing you with this quote. But ill like correct you last paragraph. Muslim do ask questions very well infact special segments are dedicate to Q/A. Also saying Muslims cover up and even kill those who expose their scandals is my brothers and sisters is a complete falsehood. The truth is that, the reason why scandals in Islam don't take a popular dimension is simply because in Islam there is no religious hierarchy for we are all equal in front of God except the pious at heart (who can only be determined by God Himself). However, some may argue that don't Muslims also have titles like "Alfa", "Imam", "Amir", "Ustaz", "Mundiu", "Sheikh", "Shehu", "Alhaji", etc. Hence for the sake of knowledge and understanding I'll highlight the meanings of the above.
ALFA- An Alfa technically means a practicing muslim. Although many feel its a special religious ranking of Muslims which enable them be the one to slaughter ram on salah, officiate occasions e.g burial, provide spiritual help etc. But its actually false, it is not a religious ranking and any practicing muslim can do the above.
USTAZ/MUNDIU- These are simply coordinators of Arabic schools (ile kewu/ Madrassat). As the above it is not a religious ranking rather its just an academic ranking.
AMIR/IMAM- Linguistically means leader or someone in front. It is not a religious ranking rather imam denotes anybody (practicing muslim) that leads prayer although we also have ranks like chief imam, baba adeeni etc but they are simply mosque titles. Amir on the other hand means leader of any Islamic organization
Sheikh- Sheikh linguistically means an old man. It could also denote someone prominent. It is not a religious ranking and can be used by anybody especially in the Arab world where we hear of "oil sheikhs" etc or someone knowledgeable.
ALHAJI- This simply means someone who has just returned from hajj or has performed hajj, as above this also is not a religious ranking.
It should however be noted that some sects outside the mainstream Islam practice religious hierarchy where they have different levels and names for each level till you get to the highest level of spiritual enlightenment. Such organisation use the word "Shehu" etc and include the Tijaniyah sect also called tariqa etc.
In conclusion from the above we have been able to see that in Islam there is no religious hierarchy at all rather what we have as shown are series of nomenclatures and as a result Muslims see each other as human capable of falling into temptation irrespective of the nomenclature attached, hence do not feel the fanatical mandate to defend any of the above.
Nb. This reminds me of a story some years back of an Ustaz receiving MouthAction from his female student, the story made rounds online with pictures even attached yet no Muslim claimed it was photo shopped or felt obliged to defend the act not even Supreme Islamic Council same goes for the Alfas caught with human body parts recently !!!
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by weedtheweeds: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
Are you serious?? Only a thief caught in the act is called a thief, the rest go free and loose like butterflies
bountykiller:
you are a liar,an imam with scandal wont even be allowed to lead prayers
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by PeacenLove2: 11:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
weedtheweeds:
My problem is that the leaders are refusing to condemn the acts publicly. Their silence prove their support for it because the perpetrators do it for their religious beliefs

You do know that Muslims make the highest percentage of Islamic extremists victims? Many leaders have spoken against them, they pay with their lives. Will you provide security for them and their families? Every religion has problems with their own bad eggs. My concern is for people to be able to recognize that and stop generalizing.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by sokul: 4:04am On Mar 25, 2017
una Weldon ooo grin
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by weedtheweeds: 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2017
Now, you are coming to terms with me. The problem is that the leaders or preachers are scared to speak the truth for fear of their lives. Which means that they are corruptible. A dignified man is a hero who will die for the truth. When you have strong belief and faith in the God you worship you will not count on man-made protection before speaking the truth. If you worship a God of truth, you will represent him even if death comes knocking.
The pastors and Imams have not done well in this regard and you know it. An Imam that welcomes a looter into the mosque is an accomplice. A looter is a thief and going by Islamic beliefs a serial thief should have his arms amputated. Why is Sharia only for the poor? An Imam who accepts gifts or cash from a thief, knowing full well that he is a thief, what do you call that? Are we blind to know stuff? The fact that things are not reported does not mean they do not happen. I made a generic statement which includes both religions, and you singled out Islam. Extremists are educated in the mosques by Imams and that is a fact. There are many videos online of kids being educated by the Muftis to kill Christians(infidels). Do not try to act like Muslims are innocent and Christians are evil, it goes both ways.
PeacenLove2:

You do know that Muslims make the highest percentage of Islamic extremists victims? Many leaders have spoken against them, they pay with their lives. Will you provide security for them and their families? Every religion has problems with their own bad eggs. My concern is for people to be able to recognize that and stop generalizing.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by weedtheweeds: 3:29pm On Mar 25, 2017
Islam is not a religion of peace!! They will NEVER assimilate.

Koran 2:191 "Slay the unbelievers whenever you find them."
Koran 3:28 "Muslims must not take the infidels as friends."
Koran 3:85 "Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable."
Koran 5:33 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam".
Koran 8:12 "Terrorize and behead those that believe in scriptures other than the Koran."
Koran 8:60 "Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels."
Koran 8:65 "The unbelievers are stupid; urge all muslims to fight them."
Koran 9:5 "When opportunity arises kill the infidels wherever you find them."
Koran 9:30 "The Jews and Christians are perverts, fight them."
Koran 9:123 "Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood."
Koran 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water, melt their skin and bellies".
Koran 47:4 "Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them.

Can you explain the above? Who is the hypocrite trying to act peaceful

sissoko22:
This particular topic is on front page and at such it become a public property and as far as I no, you don't own nairaland therefore, you can't make decision for me on which topic to views or comments. As a Muslim we are taught to mind we own business therefore I've never commented on any scandalous topics about pastors. E.g paying prostitute with hard earn gullible followers tithe(infidelity), divorce even as churches disagree, sucking females breast for deliverance (he most be a psycho), leaving large while their followers dies of hunger and diseases even as they can provide help (scammer) etc. I hope you realize one day and set yourself, relatives and friend free from this slavery. #Cheers
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by otemanuduno: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Islam is not a religion of peace!! They will NEVER assimilate.

Koran 2:191 "Slay the unbelievers whenever you find them."
Koran 3:28 "Muslims must not take the infidels as friends."
Koran 3:85 "Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable."
Koran 5:33 "Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticize Islam".
Koran 8:12 "Terrorize and behead those that believe in scriptures other than the Koran."
Koran 8:60 "Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorize the infidels."
Koran 8:65 "The unbelievers are stupid; urge all muslims to fight them."
Koran 9:5 "When opportunity arises kill the infidels wherever you find them."
Koran 9:30 "The Jews and Christians are perverts, fight them."
Koran 9:123 "Make war on the infidels living in your neighborhood."
Koran 22:19 "Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water, melt their skin and bellies".
Koran 47:4 "Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them.

Can you explain the above? Who is the hypocrite trying to act peaceful

Even the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH confirms that Islam is not a religion of peace.

DOCTUFOS: Lishius 29: 1-25
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE 1. Now when Murhamid had acquired more strength, being a friend of the king of Makka, he declared, saying, go after the Krishtens for they did not believe that Ieusa is not a son of god. 2. And go also after the Kabbadians and the Zoroashians and kill them. 3. Do not have pity for them, because they believe not in Alla in the right manner. 4. For Ieusa whom the Krishtens worship is not a son of god nor a god himself. And he did not say at any time that he was a god. 5. But they have made him a god, and for this purpose am I sent to make corrections to this error. 6. And if anyone does not agree to this, I shall not spare him, neither his children nor his wives. 7. And Murhamid took little kids, both boys and girls and did to them like a homofel does to a homofal. 8. And he commanded that his followers should do likewise. But he said, you shall not have more than twenty wives but I can have as many as I wish. 9. Now Sulya who was a widow was brought before Murhamid, because she worshipped Mazda. And her daughter was brought with her. And Murhamid said, take the child and bring her to me. 10. And I shall lie with her before the face of her mother. And Murhamid lay with Kafya in the sight of her mother. 11. And Sulya became angry. And she arose and slapped Murhamid on the face. 12. And Murhamid said, no one has in any way raise a finger against me before, from the beginning of time. 13. And you have dared this, so shall you die like an elephant which has fallen from a rock. 14. So Sulya was tied down both hands and legs and they came to cut her into pieces little by little. 15. And she bled to death. 16. Now after the death of Sulya, one among the followers of Murhamid said, this is evil, O Murhamid. 17. And I do not think God Almighty did accept this cruel act. And Murhamid said, take the book which I have named Koran and read for yourself what the judgement upon the unbelievers should be like. 18. And Sheu said, I have read the Koran through ten times, but I do not believe that it is indeed written by the Almighty God who created the universe. 19. And Murhamid said, O Sheu, I shall destroy you now for denying Alla as the Almighty. For this is a sin which cannot be forgiven. 20. For I am the one promised to be sent by Ieusa. Or have you not read the books of the Krishtens? For in it did Ieusa promise to send the Holy Ghost. 21. And I am he standing before you now. And no one who sins against me can receive forgiveness of his sins. 22. For I do not forgive anyone. 23. And Murhamid cut off the head of Sheu and buried his body parts in seven separate graves, saying, may your bodies never come together forever, even in the afterlife. 24. And this act made seventy-five Mosleim to flee Makka, saying, Murhamid is mad. 25. But those who loved violence stuck with him.
Re: Why We Must Stop Defending Pastors by PeacenLove2: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Now, you are coming to terms with me. The problem is that the leaders or preachers are scared to speak the truth for fear of their lives. Which means that they are corruptible. A dignified man is a hero who will die for the truth. When you have strong belief and faith in the God you worship you will not count on man-made protection before speaking the truth. If you worship a God of truth, you will represent him even if death comes knocking.
The pastors and Imams have not done well in this regard and you know it. An Imam that welcomes a looter into the mosque is an accomplice. A looter is a thief and going by Islamic beliefs a serial thief should have his arms amputated. Why is Sharia only for the poor? An Imam who accepts gifts or cash from a thief, knowing full well that he is a thief, what do you call that? Are we blind to know stuff? The fact that things are not reported does not mean they do not happen. I made a generic statement which includes both religions, and you singled out Islam. Extremists are educated in the mosques by Imams and that is a fact. There are many videos online of kids being educated by the Muftis to kill Christians(infidels). Do not try to act like Muslims are innocent and Christians are evil, it goes both ways.

Please go back to your texts and clarify where there may be confusion. I may be a Muslim but I have very close families and friends that aren't Muslims. You will never find me discriminating. Those who know me well will tell you I don't shy away from the truth especially when it comes to religion. I responded at first when you generalized Muslims with extremists. I only pointed out the need to please use the appropriate term. Is it fair to use the actions of a minority population to judge all of them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Apostle Mike Wealth: "Many Students Will Die In Rivers, House Will Be On Fire" / Is It Right For A Woman To Head A Church? / Palm Sunday Was Kegyte World Gyration By AB Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.