Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) (59974 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Early Career Recruitment Program 2019 - HND/Bsc 2.2/Lower Crd. / FCSC Recruitment: Successful Candidates Shortlisted For Interview Meet Here / FCSC 2016 Recruitment: FCSC Releases Batch A List For Interview! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by cornelin(m): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
it's called grace. Your friend understands how it can be manipulated here in Nigeria.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by micflo28(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Some times I feel going for an MSC is a waste of time in this country, please my dear make some contacts to make it to the next batch, till naija gets better we will manage. Couldn't apply cos am yet to round up service next month.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
Jman06:
Just imagine the way you reason! A 3rd class holder was chosen over a 2-1 and MSc graduate without any aptitude test and you don't see any problem with that!?

I weep for this jungle called Nigeria.
Hian, dont let my girlfriend that has been fighting me since see what you just wrote, how dare you call Nigeria a jungle, you must pay a fine of 5000 Dollars wink grin grin

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Jman06(m): 5:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Hian, dont let my girlfriend that has been fighting me since see what you just wrote, how dare you call Nigeria a jungle, you must pay a fine of 5000 Dollars wink grin grin
I think that lady is just being sick!

Honestly, i envy those of you that have managed to leave this jungle called Nigeria.

I pray i don't birth my offspring in Nigeria. I just pray!

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 5:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
Jman06:
cheesy grin

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by 1metre: 5:51pm On Mar 18, 2017
highrise07:
who wan die, when dem protest why u no join abi no be naija u dey
na visit I dey visit my guy, ur man dey far
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by ibro360(m): 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
austinosita:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

You didn't even stop at trekking to USA, you come add "with one leg" again.
Then after reaching trump send you back.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
1metre:
na visit I dey visit my guy, ur man dey far
OK checked ur signature na u dey do DAT ni, i mean the beauty training stuff
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by SirBrightoc(m): 6:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
UcheDA:
My dear it is a shame. I graduated with a first class and have all the documents needed for this recruitment. To my greatest suprise my name did not come out too. In fact only 2 first class candidates where successful in my state out of over 70 shortlisted names. I weep for the country. This is a big time blow!!!
Are you from Abia State?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Godshope: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
Wicked and evil country called Nigeria. A country where it is a crime to be intellectually bright. I had 2.1, applied but unfortunately those shortlisted are 3rd Class and 2.2 graduates. What a shame; Nigeria. I know that God is watching.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
ibro360:
Then after reaching trump send you back.

Lol. All this, just to describe how hard it is to get govt Job? But some people dey get without stress na
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AngelicBeing: 6:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
Jman06:

Honestly, i envy those of you that have managed to leave this jungle called Nigeria.

I pray i don't birth my offspring in Nigeria. I just pray!
@ The bold , may your prayers be answered, Let me share this with you for the sake of this discussion, l dont normally like talking about myself, with all humility , My friend l was super-patriotic to the cause of Nigeria as a nation before, l even lambast my family members and friends whenever they speak ill of Nigeria as a nation but they keep telling me that my eyes will soon clear, and indeed l saw it first hand when l first traveled out of Nigeria for a conference in Amsterdam- The Netherlands years ago and subsequently l have been to several other Western Nations before l finally settled down and call it eternal good-bye to Nigeria as a nation , when l returned back to Nigeria after the conference my mindset changed completely.

if you ask me, it is better to be a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th hand citizen anywhere in the West / a saner clime where you have equal opportunity to be anything you want to be, my first job in the West l was earning more than white Europeans who have been on the job for years because my organisation told me plainly that l brought a lot to the table than the white Caucasians, moral of my story is that Nigeria kills your potentials gradually, sadly the useless politicians we hail online send their wards / kids to the West to get the best and also get citizenship, Buhari just came back from England because our health care system in Nigeria is almost comatose, Nigeria rewards mediocrity, if you dont have connection even with your PHD in Nigeria it makes no difference and that was my anger when l read this thread before that girl came talking trash wink

4 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2017
The same Bsc graduates that discriminate against HND graduates with (distinction or upper credit) could stil discriminate against themselves. Hmm! Irony of life.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Ugosample(m): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
AZeD1:
OP
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/ey-firm-says-it-will-not-longer-consider-degrees-or-a-level-results-when-assessing-employees-10436355.html%3Famp

That is for you. In all the places I have worked and interviews i have done both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, no one has ever asked about my grade. I have interviewed people and i don't care about their grades but how smart they are.

Also you need to know that who you know is very important in every country on this earth. You have a higher chance of getting a job at NASA, Google, Facebook if you know someone working there than just posting your CV.

To those still in school, there are two parts to schooling
1) Getting an education
2) Networking.

Do not forsake either of them as they are both very important.

All the best in your search OP.

Very good advice
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by agaba77: 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
Tyviv:
The matter tire me.... I look the list like 3times as I no see my name,I shake head comot.... Just bcoz I don't know one politician or the other, it is well cry

It is not WELL!

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Ababadada: 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2017
What are we going to expect for the interview. My name show a third class graduate no connection.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by stevocracy88(m): 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
Oya tell your father to start making calls quick
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
Ababadada:
What are we going to expect for the interview. My name show a third class graduate no connection.

Don't you think you should be ashamed asking this kinda question?
They didn't call you for a written test, just an interview and you are still asking what you should expect!

May be you should ask your connection that got you listed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Ababadada: 7:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
austinosita:

Don't you think you should be ashamed asking this kinda question?
They didn't call you for a written test, just an interview and you are still asking what you should expect!

May be you should ask your connection that got you listed
because of I asked question should ashame of myself. Won't believe it but my name show no connection period.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2017
When I read some comments coming from youths in this country, supposed leaders of tomorrow on issues such as this, I shudder. How can someone brazenly justify a third class graduate being considered ahead of a First Class for whatever reason? OK, let's assume for one moment that we have unofficially decided that academic excellence is no longer to be used as a measure of intellectual and moral capacity, why not shortlist everyone that falls into the required field of study, from First Class down to pass and even below, and subject them all to whatever test you feel like is a better criteria for employment and see who comes top.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
AZeD1:
OP
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/ey-firm-says-it-will-not-longer-consider-degrees-or-a-level-results-when-assessing-employees-10436355.html%3Famp

That is for you. In all the places I have worked and interviews i have done both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, no one has ever asked about my grade. I have interviewed people and i don't care about their grades but how smart they are.

Also you need to know that who you know is very important in every country on this earth. You have a higher chance of getting a job at NASA, Google, Facebook if you know someone working there than just posting your CV.

To those still in school, there are two parts to schooling
1) Getting an education
2) Networking.

Do not forsake either of them as they are both very important.

All the best in your search OP.

You're missing the point entirely, the service commission could have shortlisted everyone irrespective of grade, and find out who's smarter using whatever criteria they deem fit, the question is why deny many people the chance of being interviewed at all? Moreso people who are more qualified, at least according to their academic achievement.

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
Jman06:
Just imagine the way you reason! A 3rd class holder was chosen over a 2-1 and MSc graduate without any aptitude test and you don't see any problem with that!?

I weep for this jungle called Nigeria.

As in, my mouth was agape as I read that and one other comment up there, it is finished my brother.

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Jman06(m): 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
SnowJay92:

As in, my mouth was agape as I read that and one other comment u there, it is finished my brother.
The way people reason in this country juss taya me tbh

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by soflygerian(m): 8:40pm On Mar 18, 2017
Nigeria... This country loves paying for inefficiency

2 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AZeD1(m): 9:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
SnowJay92:

You're missing the point entirely, the service commission could have shortlisted everyone irrespective of grade, and find out who's smarter using whatever criteria they deem fit, the question is why deny many people the chance of being interviewed at all? Moreso people who are more qualified, at least according to their academic achievement.
You are the one missing the point. If i have to recruit today for a general position, i'd probably get about 50k cv's for 20 available spots. I don't have the time to look at 50k cv's so you can bet that the people who would get shortlisted are those who submit to me personally(via connection) and the 1st number of X people i can get from the general pool.

I have worked in organisations that have a general jobs@company email and people are constantly sending cvs but when its time to recruit, nobody goes to that email, instead people use word of mouth to tell colleagues there's a vacancy to be filled.

For this job the OP is talking about, you can be best assured that the number of cvs submitted would be close to 500k, who the F*** is going to go through 500k cvs?
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by 1metre: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
highrise07:
OK checked ur signature na u dey do DAT ni, i mean the beauty training stuff
ur babe wan join? At self image, we train professional beauty therapist at discounted prices.
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by anagwogloria: 2:05am On Mar 19, 2017
Please help me check for Anagwo Gloria Chibuzor Imo state
Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 19, 2017
AZeD1:

You are the one missing the point. If i have to recruit today for a general position, i'd probably get about 50k cv's for 20 available spots. I don't have the time to look at 50k cv's so you can bet that the people who would get shortlisted are those who submit to me personally(via connection) and the 1st number of X people i can get from the general pool.

I have worked in organisations that have a general jobs@company email and people are constantly sending cvs but when its time to recruit, nobody goes to that email, instead people use word of mouth to tell colleagues there's a vacancy to be filled.

For this job the OP is talking about, you can be best assured that the number of cvs submitted would be close to 500k, who the F*** is going to go through 500k cvs?

It's quite different, companies hire by referral and that's OK, it's their private business. But here we're talking about the federal civil service commission where every qualified Nigerian should be given an equal opportunity to jostle for the available positions, and please hiring someone simply because their dad knows someone who knows someone in the government is not referral, it's nepotism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by alsudaes1(m): 6:45am On Mar 19, 2017
SnowJay92:
When I read some comments coming from youths in this country, supposed leaders of tomorrow on issues such as this, I shudder. How can someone brazenly justify a third class graduate being considered ahead of a First Class for whatever reason? OK, let's assume for one moment that we have unofficially decided that academic excellence is no longer to be used as a measure of intellectual and moral capacity, why not shortlist everyone that falls into the required field of study, from First Class down to pass and even below, and subject them all to whatever test you feel like is a better criteria for employment and see who comes top.

This is the Best comment I have come across on all threads since the list was released.
I marvel at why few people reason along this line.

What was the criteria used to select the "successful" ones such that WITHOUT ANY FORM OF APTITUDE TEST graduates with lower grades are preferred above those with better grades and even with Masters angry sad

This present Government "fall my hands" big time, I had hopes that the recruitment will be the most fair one in recent times, I am highly disappointed about the outcome

3 Likes

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by anonimi: 6:59am On Mar 19, 2017
SnowJay92:
It's quite different, companies hire by referral and that's OK, it's their private business. But here we're talking about the federal civil service commission where every qualified Nigerian should be given an equal opportunity to jostle for the available positions, and please hiring someone simply because their dad knows someone who knows someone in the government is not referral, it's nepotism.

..........which is CORRUPTION and should not be expected in this CHANGE federal administration, innit
Until we define corruption in a holistic and comprehensive manner, we cannot make progress as a nation.
Imagine that the person employed on the basis of connection and nepotism is very unlikely to betray the person who employed him by being a whistle blower of the corruption happening in the ministry, department or agency (MDA) of government.
For the avoidance of any doubt, corruption is inclusive of but not limited to stealing of public funds.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by anonimi: 7:02am On Mar 19, 2017

1 Like

Re: FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) by AZeD1(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2017
SnowJay92:

For every vacant position in the civil service, you can be assured that you would get at least 50 applicants. So this advertised jobs, i willing to bet they got at least half a million cvs. The question is who is going to go through to cvs? Nobody is employed to go through cvs talk more of a civil service that is known to be lazy.

I am very positive that they did not go through all the cv's submitted so it might be possible that the OP's cv was not even opened, and they will be lots of qualified people who will think they didn't get in because they know nobody when in actual fact, nobody looked at their cv because they had already gotten the required numbers.

Is this fair, NO but the reality is going through CV's is not fun and nobody likes to do it so people take the easy way out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse. / Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.