Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,067 members, 7,956,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian (33071 Views)

My Parents Are Forcing Me To Get Married While I'm Not Ready & Financially Fit / My Uncle Said I Betrayed Him / My Brother Is Forcing Me To Commit Murder. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Micah360(m): 4:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
Sorry dear but prostitution aint the way. U made a really bad choice there
As 4 dat philandric uncle, all i need with him is jst an hour (with his hands tied ) angry angry
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by mccoy47(m): 4:29pm On Mar 18, 2017
soberdrunk:
I was 'raped' by two different househelps, did i become a sexworker? NO! Rape is evil but shouldnt be used as an excuse for destroying your life by yourself........... angry angry

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by ogtavia(m): 4:38pm On Mar 18, 2017
Joavid:

I think there's are relationship between the two.

apart from the victimisation and feeling worthless.
she was also neglected and ostracized by her family - that probably affected her self esteem & self worth.

You can not be too sure except you're in her shoes
I agree with your last sentence...you should have started with it....i never said there wasn't a relationship...I just didn't see the justification for prostitution therein....I definitely have some sympathy for her...

The crime and decay in our society is loosely attached to circumstances like this one yet again...one shouldn't throw out the bath water with the baby in it..
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Kakamorufu(m): 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
veekid:
Poor afonja
smh
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
The uncle should be ashamed, characters like that gives men a bad name, I can see that the blogger is already descending on all men as if we all support the act of rape. I know I dont, so this issue should be treated on a case by case basis and not stereotyped as a consistent behavior of all men.

The lady in question is into prostitution because it caught her fancy, she is only lamenting now because recession has knocked some sense into some of us men, who sometimes finds the quiet desperation for 'fast-food' appealing. The lady ought to get a job. Cleaning jobs dont need BSc to do, if she was to go get cleaner work she would have told her boss her story and trust me, she would have be trained by her boss. I have done that for a couple of domestic staff. So, that nonsense excuse shouldnt make any blogger come and insult all men.

But men, make una dey use una brain control the dickson of a guy na. Make una no dey give all of us bad name.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by doyinbaby(f): 4:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
mccoy47:
[b]Mtchewww!
Silly girl!
Boo huu! So what if u wia raped! Is the prostitution justified? angry
Oprah Winfrey was raped too at a young age and yet she went on to become one of the most powerful women the world has known!

Better wake up from ur slumber and find something to do with ur life! Nobody cares about what u'v been tru. Ur failure in life won't be excused![/b]shut up your mouth.,,,how dare you talk like that,,..,people like her need understanding,love and care. ,,,,,you are wicked. , ,, ,do you know her pains. ,,it happened when she was young
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2017
ogtavia:
I agree with your last sentence...you should have started with it....i never said there wasn't a relationship...I just didn't see the justification for prostitution therein....I definitely have some sympathy for her...

The crime and decay in our society is loosely attached to circumstances like this one yet again. ..one shouldn't throw out the bath water with the baby in it..

exactly @ bolded. and I believe is all parents fault. if only people will take parenting seriously.
I mean if a person is going to bring a child into this one, he&she has to be 100% responsible for the child.
It's the society that eventually suffers bad parenting.

Happy birthday Btw smiley
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by fof1: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2017
Flexherbal:
This thing happens all the the time.
Our young ladies need to be protected

"I’ve been treated with so much disdain because according to them, I want to disorganise the family while my uncle goes scot-free. My mother in particular has made life so unbearable for me, I feel so worthless, hopeless and useless."

ITS UNFORTUNATE BUT SHAME AND BIGGER SHAME,DAMNING SHAME TO THAT BEASTIAL UNCLE WHO DO NOT DESERVE TO HV A GIRL CHILD IN HIS HOME. BIGGER SHAME TO D NARROW MINDED MOTHER WHO ABANDONED HER GOD GIVEN RESPONSIBILITY IN D NAME OF FAMILY. MAY GOD HV MERCIES ON ALL AND RECOVER AND RESETTLE OUR QUEEN. GOD CAN RECOVER YOU,QUEEN. GIVE HIM UR HEART ONCE MORE. YOU ARE WORTH-FUL,BLESSED ENDOWED WITH GREATER UNIQUE BLESSINGS. GET URSELF BACK MY DEAR SISTER & DAUGHTER. GOD BLESS U AND UR BENEFACTORS AND ALL WHO CAN AID/HELP UR HABILITATIONS.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by bossrillboss: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2017
Tenkobos:
Are these people her witness?
no dem follow d uncle rape her.......Mtchewwwwwwwundecided
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww!
Silly girl!
Oprah Winfrey was raped too at a young age and yet she went on to become one of the most powerful women the world has known!

Better wake up from ur slumber and find something to do with ur life! Nobody cares about what u'v been tru. Ur failure in life won't be excused!

You have to understand people are different. This whole thing can be liken to the debate of "if leaders are born or made".

listen, some people are strong willed than others.
some are resilient than others.
some are emotionally strong than others.

we aren't all the same.
besides that, I think you have to stop settings high expectations of people.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by MrLekan95(m): 5:04pm On Mar 18, 2017
ogtavia:
well,i don't know what happened in between...but I am still finding hard to see her being raped as a justification for becoming a prostitute, of course there are many ills in our society today,yet we can point one or two people who rose above similar circumstances, and made a better life for themselves..i pray she gets the help she craves before she does something silly..
Mobsync:
Same old story.

No one gets "forced" into prostitution after a rape. She only fell for good ol' peer pressure and greed.

mccoy47:
Mtchewww!
Silly girl!

Better wake up from ur slumber and find something to do with ur life! Nobody cares about what u'v been tru. Ur failure in life won't be excused!

Its still baffles me how some Nigerians think psychologically...
Yes... rape shouldn't justify her going into prostitution, but I bet u don't understand what going through her mind at that very moment... AGE 14, PARENTS REJECTION, BEING RAPED BY UR OWN UNCLE'S, EVEN WITH THE PREGNANCY... AHAH at least show some sympathy now...
Btw... Forget this comparing of a thing, that someone survived it, doesn't mean everyone can...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by bossrillboss: 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww!
Silly girl!

..my prayer for u is dat may u nt b involved in a sad event, cos if u do u will understand her...mind u na naija we dey nt America...thank u

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
No excuse for failure
Bleep the mum anyways
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Mobsync(m): 5:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
MrLekan95:

Its still baffles me how some Nigerians think psychologically...
Yes... rape shouldn't justify her going into prostitution, but I bet u don't understand what going through her mind at that very moment... AGE 14, PARENTS REJECTION, BEING RAPED BY UR OWN UNCLE'S, EVEN WITH THE PREGNANCY... AHAH at least show some sympathy now...
Btw... Forget this comparing of a thing, that someone survived it, doesn't mean everyone can...

Life is not fair. It has never been fair and it will never be fair.

If everyone else turned into a life of crime and sin because someone treated them unfairly, then I guess we all would be criminals, rapists etc.

What is the uncle in question justifies his rape (if he truly raped her) by claiming he was also raped while he was younger? Will you still stand on your psychology view?

Everyone has his own problems and struggles, so forget all these I was forced into prostitution because I was raped. She's lying.

Forget

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by ElsonMorali: 5:24pm On Mar 18, 2017
Sounds like a fictitious tale to me.

A newspaper columnist whose space in the paper depends on response and comments from readers may be forced to fib some of the responses to make things lively.

Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying this one sounds fake to me.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by joseph97: 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
bn raped doesn't made u b interesting in prostitution. is ur wish
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by babyfaceafrica: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
Not an excuse
..all of us have been raped in one way or the other,the government rapes us daily,emotionally and pc csychological. Why are we not into one vice or the other?...
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by KevinDein: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
Mobsync:

Life is not fair. It has never been fair and it will never be fair.

If everyone else turned into a life of crime and sin because someone treated them unfairly, then I guess we all would be criminals, rapists etc.

What is the uncle in question justifies his rape (if he truly raped her) by claiming he was also raped while he was younger? Will you still stand on your psychology view?

Everyone has his own problems and struggles, so forget all these I was forced into prostitution because I was raped. She's lying.

Forget
You have a good on your shoulder. You should be proud smiley
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by jumpandpas(m): 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww!
Silly girl!

You are my man. I like people that are logical. Just like sekundosekundo of NL who shared his story hear of bn an ophan and rejected but he didn't allow the situation to discourage him. Today he's an importer.
If all of us continue pityn her, she may HV reason to justify her act of prostitution.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by mccoy47(m): 5:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
Joavid:

You have to understand people are different. This whole thing can be liken to the debate of "if leaders are born or made".

listen, some people are strong willed than others.
some are resilient than others.
some are emotionally strong than others.

we aren't all the same.
besides that, I think you have to stop settings high expectations of people.

True! We are all different, some strong willed and some faint hearted.
But at the end of the day, we would all be judged d same!
Nobody is going to gv her an easy pass just cuz she has "been through a lot", if she performs below her peers!
So isn't it better to say it in plain black and white rather than sugar coat it? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by noziz(m): 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2017
Driftingking:
A Nigerian lady who was forced into prostitution after her Uncle raped her, has written to a popular counsellor, Temilolu Okeowo, pouring out her heart and what her life has become after the rape incident.

She wrote:

Dear Aunty Temilolu,

One fateful day, when everyone had gone to work, my uncle (my mum’s younger brother), came to the bathroom where I was taking my bath, flung himself at me and raped me. I fainted out of shock and was revived. Some weeks later, I discovered I was pregnant and was forced to terminate the pregnancy.

To worsen my plight, till date, my parents and entire family refuse to believe my uncle raped me as he denied it. I’ve been treated with so much disdain because according to them, I want to disorganise the family while my uncle goes scot-free. My mother in particular has made life so unbearable for me, I feel so worthless, hopeless and useless. I took solace in my friend who encouraged me to join their group of prostitutes. I graduated from secondary school at age 14. I was a brilliant child.

However, today, I am a s*x worker to make ends meet after being neglected by my parents. I am traumatised and depressed and I need to see you before I do something silly to myself. Where may I find you please?

Queen.

Here's Temi's reponse to Queen's letter;

My darling, precious, glorious, dignified, world-famous and heavenly celebrated Nigerian sisters,
Please pardon me for skipping the topic I began discussing last week. Queen’s story made me so angry such that I wish I could hold a world press conference right away on our satanically and unapologetically patriarchal society and get the world to save the future of Nigerian girls who will be responsible for future Nigeria! Abi, are they not the ones to bring an entire generation into the world if their wombs remain intact? I hear all sorts of stories every day of the evils that men do especially to the girl-child. It’s so disturbing that it’s giving me grey hair already.

Why should anyone go through what Queen is dealing with? What baffles me is how her mother of all people would malign her because of her younger brother. You could say her brother has been her benefactor however, that is not a reason for her to defend him in a situation like this. If care is not taken, Queen’s life is just going to spiral down into complete darkness. Already, she has become a sex worker whose body is a merchandise for these same men. She may never ever get her bearing right. A child who left high school in flying colours at age 14 is one who certainly loves to study and make the most of her brain. What happens to this intellectual gusto?

Now, I imagine Queen’s daily activity, I imagine how her great dreams for a beautiful future are being snuffed out daily. I imagine how she doesn’t want to know what anyone could think about her trade. I imagine how lost she is in the wilderness of life; I imagine how she cries morning, day and night. I even imagine how she wants to peel off her body when she showers after sleeping with these men-all because her family refused to treat her with love or even care for her needs. Yes, we can all wonder why she has to join the sex work; after all there should be another way out.

I tell you, you will be shocked at the number of young ladies around you, who are sleeping with one man or the other to make ends meet. They don’t have to stand on the road at night. But why should things keep getting worse for the younger female folk? They are the ones who are sexually abused right from childhood even before they reach puberty. Before long, they begin to fall in love and when not prepared for that stage, have their hearts fatally broken over and over and over again.

They get to the university and some beastly men their father’s age make life hellish for them and I tell you most of these girls succumb out of fear and because no one is speaking out for them! It continues in their work place then they end up in marriage with a devil re-incarnate who will batter them and treat them the way animals shouldn’t be treated, like they were picked from a dustbin and their mother would be the first to tell them “God hates divorce,” and “what will people say if you leave him?” I am bible compliant- in fact it is our manual at Girls Club but I am yet to find any scripture which encourages defiling and debasing womanhood! What a pity? What a pitiful pity? I have seen women whose destinies were ripped apart by men-their husbands. Now, when your mother hasn’t got your back, who would?

Girls…girls…girls, the world is extremely hostile. You need to concentrate on the right things and your future and brace yourself up for the challenges of life. God has created you beautiful and given you certain privileges, innate skills and spiritual gifts to live a most enjoyable life. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO DEPRIVE YOU OF THIS! GOD LOVES YOU, SO DO I!

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/03/my-uncle-raped-me-my-family-blamed-me.html

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Moving4: 5:36pm On Mar 18, 2017
Take heart! It shall be well with u
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by mccoy47(m): 5:37pm On Mar 18, 2017
doyinbaby:
shut up your mouth.,,,how dare you talk like that,,..,people like her need understanding,love and care. ,,,,,you are wicked. , ,, ,do you know her pains. ,,it happened when she was young

Mumu! Goan become olosho na
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Zenithpeak(m): 5:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
mccoy47:
Mtchewww!
Silly girl!

Are you her uncle she's talking about?

Why are you this upset?

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
I have a friend in my secondary school days. This was exactly the same thing that happened to her, except for the prostitution part. But her Parents never believed her.

Well today the Bastard who defiled her, guess where he is?? His 6feet down

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Btruth: 6:31pm On Mar 18, 2017
chuose2:
naa you sabi.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by atoleybaba(m): 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2017
Met a prositute at a bar also and got talking then got carried away and told me she left her aunt's house in abj to come to Lagos to work has a prostitute. Come to think of it she started it has a profession 3days ago and also according to her, her family wasn't helping matters. When she realised she has jabo finish, she stopped and refused to tell me what transpired in her aunt's house Buh claimed it was now a family issue. And also wish to av something doing so has to leave prostitution....some of them av geniue story to tell Buh no truthworthy someone to talk to
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Senorprinz(m): 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2017
soberdrunk:
I was 'raped' by two different househelps, did i become a sexworker? NO! Rape is evil but shouldnt be used as an excuse for destroying your life by yourself........... angry angry

are you always this stewpeed? or you putting in extra effort today.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Senorprinz(m): 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2017
Deejacy2:
I have a friend in my secondary school days. This was exactly the same thing that happened to her, except for the prostitution part. But her Parents never believed her.

Well today the Bastard who defiled her, guess where he is?? His 6feet down

all these 'my friend' crew.
Re: My Uncle Raped Me, My Family Blamed Me, Forcing Me Into Prostitution- Nigerian by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2017
Your family some else which i don't wanna wish to say oh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joseph Blankson: An Unsung Hero Who Died Rescuing 13 Victims Of A Boat Accident / It's My 16th Wedding Anniversary, 16 Years Since I Married My Best Friend. / After 21 Years Of Barrenness Woman Delivers Baby Boy (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.