Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses (42743 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Timoodi: 3:30pm On Mar 19, 2017
BAGCOSACK:
Those creatures are sickos. No more, no less.
It ain't no different from Eckankar, Rosicrucian and their likes.
am not defending them but with this your comment you lack home training

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by KINGOFJAPAN: 3:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

And you feel the jws are innocent right? They that have predicted and is still predicting the end where Jesus and their 144000 plus their governing body members will kill 99.9% of earth's population did any religion bash or slander them?
My own is can't they sell their religion without bashing or slander of catholics. It is wrong.
All religious sects have their flaws.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by babalonimi: 3:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
Handsomecole:
This is too loooooonggg!!! Wetin happen nau. Well I have mixed feelings about the JW's one aspect Is that they don't want to accept or even hear your own view of the religion or bible they just want you to hear them out most especially when they come visiting.

Also, most of they so called Awake magazines usually in fact 80% of the articles criticize the Catholic Church and they tell lies and black mail the church by twisting the history of most of the doctrines of the Catholic Church, a church which existed decades before their own, which to me is totally bad, it's the more reason I don't even listen to them when they come to preach to me, I just bring out my rosary when they see it they flee.

But they are friendly people and they like to drink well, most of them also have bad characters too. But above all they are peaceful people.
My problem with them s their doctrine that tolerate drunkenness n they are always rigid.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 3:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Mehn this religion is bullshit. Which attacks and which increasing numbers when your numbers are falling in america europe asia n middle east even in Africa sef. The only place where it increased is democratic republic of Congo which has been a war torn country. I think they believe the world is about to end.

And mind you that you are increasing does not make jws the true religion. Islam is increasing every day more than expected

So you gladly await the day where your jehovah will kill 99.9% of earth's population to fight on your behalf. At least Russia is not killing you like the way your doctrine kills people and people being killed

You've just shown how misinformed you are. Jehovah is not killing anybody on nobody's behalf. Go get your facts right.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by mtngloetiartel: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
SirWere:
the writer of this article is seriously confused.
walai!
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by mtngloetiartel: 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
MadCow1:
Thank God I am in the Witness Protection Program. grin
wat da furck u mean?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by bellenornor(f): 4:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
dohyn:
My main grouse with Jehovah's witnesses is this blood transfusion issue..I work with patients that have Chronic Kidney Disease and they usually require blood transfusion due to the nature of the disease.
When a new patient comes and I see the person is a JW,I know his/her time on this earth is not long again.I've seen at least 5 patients die due to refusal to take blood. Last one was one fine 23 yr lady. Both she and her husband adamantly refused blood. She died on the dialysis machine.
The only one that I know survived was because the husband loved her more than their religion. She was unconscious on the machine,we told him her only saving grace was blood. He thought long and hard and agreed. He however said we shouldn't put the blood transfusion sticker in her case note and throughout the process,no family member came to see her on the machine.
Till today,even the woman does not know she had blood..thinks her faith made her whole.
It's grace, u know.. Not that blood transfusion.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
Maximus85:

You've just shown how misinformed you are. Jehovah is not killing anybody on nobody's behalf. Go get your facts right.

Lol then you don't know your teachings
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by paulpery: 4:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
Your write up is biased, based on sentiments but not on facts.full of misrepresentation.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by dohyn(m): 4:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
bellenornor:

It's grace, u know.. Not that blood transfusion.

You call it Grace. I say it's common sense.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Motion123(m): 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
Handsomecole:
This is too loooooonggg!!! Wetin happen nau. Well I have mixed feelings about the JW's one aspect Is that they don't want to accept or even hear your own view of the religion or bible they just want you to hear them out most especially when they come visiting.

Also, most of they so called Awake magazines usually in fact 80% of the articles criticize the Catholic Church and they tell lies and black mail the church by twisting the history of most of the doctrines of the Catholic Church, a church which existed decades before their own, which to me is totally bad, it's the more reason I don't even listen to them when they come to preach to me, I just bring out my rosary when they see it they flee.

But they are friendly people and they like to drink well, most of them also have bad characters too. But above all they are peaceful people.
grin
Handsomecole:

this is also long
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by zinnywonders(f): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
Can we for once in this country mind our business? Jehovah witness this Jehovah witness that.. .. . Haba! Who made u a judge? It's time we stop judging other religion with our doctrine.... . Pls remain where u think the undiluted word of God is being preached and broken down in ur understanding.
Only God knows the religion that's real.... . Just pray to be at the right place.

Abeg mind ur business!!!

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2017
Who wan follow read this journal? undecided
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by missfrancess(f): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
dohyn:
My main grouse with Jehovah's witnesses is this blood transfusion issue..I work with patients that have Chronic Kidney Disease and they usually require blood transfusion due to the nature of the disease.
When a new patient comes and I see the person is a JW,I know his/her time on this earth is not long again.I've seen at least 5 patients die due to refusal to take blood. Last one was one fine 23 yr lady. Both she and her husband adamantly refused blood. She died on the dialysis machine.
The only one that I know survived was because the husband loved her more than their religion. She was unconscious on the machine,we told him her only saving grace was blood. He thought long and hard and agreed. He however said we shouldn't put the blood transfusion sticker in her case note and throughout the process,no family member came to see her on the machine.
Till today,even the woman does not know she had blood..thinks her faith made her whole.
sir are you a doctor
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
Originalsly:
Not what JWs say... it is written the Bible. Before jumping off... you should really find out what is meant by blood is life.

Abstaining from blood transfusion is not written in the bible. I know blood is life is written in the bible.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by gemale(m): 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2017
Freksy:

Drugs can be CONSUMED through vein injection, true or false?

Consumption is not only when things are introduced to the body orally.

Nevertheless, can you please meditate and tell me why God Prohibited consumption of blood?
REALLY? SMH. Ds is a waste of both our time. U r clearly a brainwashed extremist wt a high level of ignorance & low level of knowledge respectively. I actually thought u cld shed some useful insight in2 ur belief bt u r clearly just parroting lyk a mindless robot. Ur delusion is so bad dt u can't look up d word "consumption" in dictionary. In d context of anything going in2 d body, it involves eating. So any drug nt taken orally isn't consumed. D same way an asthmatic person doesn't consume d content of his inhaler via inhalation is d same way drugs r nt consumed intravenously.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by gadpeter(m): 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2017
hehehehehehe this writer is pained!!! I believe you had done sth stupid and your incorrigible heart has refuse to see discipline. dude if you don't like sth look the other and leave it for those who enjoy it!! you that have seen the light now how is your life now. and please stop this ironic fight u tink u r doing for JW. nobody needs your effort, the ship has sailed way before and still will after you. hahahahahhaa I just see your frustration sha
#istandwithjw

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by musa7m(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
chichichilolo1:
would you burn your child or cut off his/her hand because he/she disobeyed you or did something bad? If you cannot do that as an imperfect human how much more Jehovah God.
He can never or will never burn bad people in hell fire because he is a God of love
mind you am a muslim....go and read Genesis 19 Vs 24 Then the Lord rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the Lord out of heaven. 25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the valley, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and what grew on the ground.....
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Originalsly: 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Abstaining from blood transfusion is not written in the bible. I know blood is life is written in the bible.
Abstaining from blood period. ...whether cooking with blood, drinking blood, injecting blood/blood transfusion... it doesn't list. Same with clean and unclean meats. .. clean... animals with split hoofs that chew the cud... cow/sheep.... but it never named them....unclean.... pig..split hoof but doesn't chew cud... horse..chew cud but no split hoof... both not named.... so don't be looking for blood transfusion in the Bible.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ekanDamie: 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
Originalsly:
Not against spreading the word.... but why must it be soo personal?..like hush hush?..."let's meet one on one in secrecy in the privacy of your home?"... why not be out there shouting the word in public and let those with ears hear?... never a revival... why?... Russia would not allow that and you should understand why.
we did the public thing back in d days, but now, it's house to house.
that's the way to reach the hearts of people and it works well.
one thing you would akin with JW is, we don't make noise to attract people.
even in our places of worship, u may not even know we are there, it's also because we don't like to disturb our neighbours, but on d house to house thingy, yeah, we know some don't like it but, we have no choice, it's d best way even if it costs our life.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by dohyn(m): 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
missfrancess:
sir are you a doctor

Yes,I am
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

the fact that we wait for God to write every commandment in black n white is a justification that we ourselves don't read d Bible n meditate on it.
do u smoke? can you abort a baby? there is no where in the Bible it's expressly written not to do these things but yet it's a sin. God never said ABSTAIN FROM blood transfusion but are u abstaining from blood by being transfused?

doctor says do not take alcohol and u agreed only to start injection urself with alcohol instead. u would agree with me that I've headed d doctors advice, isn't it?
for the whole obligation of man is, fear the true God, and keep his commandment
ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

the fact that we wait for God to write every commandment in black n white is a justification that we ourselves don't read d Bible n meditate on it.
do u smoke? can you abort a baby? there is no where in the Bible it's expressly written not to do these things but yet it's a sin. God never said ABSTAIN FROM blood transfusion but are u abstaining from blood by being transfused?

doctor says do not take alcohol and u agreed only to start injection urself with alcohol instead. u would agree with me that I've headed d doctors advice, isn't it?
for the whole obligation of man is, fear the true God, and keep his commandment
ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD

Beautiful Question @ Bold
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
Originalsly:
Abstaining from blood period. ...whether cooking with blood, drinking blood, injecting blood/blood transfusion... it doesn't list. Same with clean and unclean meats. .. clean... animals with split hoofs that chew the cud... cow/sheep.... but it never named them....unclean.... pig..split hoof but doesn't chew cud... horse..chew cud but no split hoof... both not named.... so don't be looking for blood transfusion in the Bible.

The Bible said abstaining from blood abstaining from eating blood. blood transfusion is not eating blood they are n they are not thesame thing. At least in the bible the animals were mentioned. I can't be looking for transfusion in the bible because it is not there in the first place I don't preach what is not in the bible.

So a law made in 1945 by Nathan know has turned into a biblical law wow. I know he even banned vaccination and organ transplant but later changed it. Since organ transplant is ok so blood transfusion is too. They are thesame thing. So having organ transplants means you are eating somebody's body parts right?

Please do you eat pork, bacon or ham? Do you eat fat in meat? do you shave your beard? Hope you don't do these cause the bible says we shouldn't.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 7:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
naijamafioso:
This op murdered his brain the day he left jw. I was born a muslim and my father sent me out of home when i became a christian. JW dont do that and even God instructed the Israelites not to have intimate relationship with the nations around them because they were not his worshippers. I want to believe the poster does not really understand the scriptures well, he is not really rooted in the teachings and that made him half-baked jw. He might have been a black sheep of the family even before he left the religion.
And come to think of it, he has succeeded in bringing more people to read about JW while he thought he wanted to bring them down. The traffic as at now is almost 16k. God has used him in favour of the organization.

The only authentic website to know about Jw is jw.org

very cool @ bold , True
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 7:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The Bible said abstaining from blood abstaining from eating blood. blood transfusion is not eating blood they are n they are not thesame thing

Are u Truly Abstaining from BLOOD, by been Tranfused ?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Lol then you don't know your teachings

OK. Thanks. Keep your opinion to yourself and stop being a hypocrite.
It's either your for us or against us.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The Bible said abstaining from blood abstaining from eating blood. blood transfusion is not eating blood they are n they are not thesame thing

Lol.

So, if someone is being advised by the doctor to stop sniffing cocaine, the person stopped sniffing but he's now passing the cocaine through his veins with syringe.

Is that person abstaining from drugs?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 7:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
CAPTIVATOR:

Are u Truly Abstaining from BLOOD, by been Tranfused ?

Are you practicing cannibalism by accepting organ transplant?

Yes I am abstaining from eating blood by being transfused.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
Maximus85:

Lol.

So, if someone is being advised by the doctor to stop sniffing cocaine, the person stopped sniffing but he's now passing the cocaine through his veins with syringe.

Is that person abstaining from drugs?

CoCaine and blood are not thesame thing. Cocaine is thesame thing whether you eat sniff inject it is thesame. Blood transfusion is not food. Eating blood will never give you thesame effect as transfusing it.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

The Bible said abstaining from blood abstaining from eating blood. blood transfusion is not eating blood they are n they are not thesame thing. At least in the bible the animals were mentioned. I can't be looking for transfusion in the bible because it is not there in the first place I don't preach what is not in the bible.

So a law made in 1945 by Nathan know has turned into a biblical law wow. I know he even banned vaccination and organ transplant but later changed it. Since organ transplant is ok so blood transfusion is too. They are thesame thing. So having organ transplants means you are eating somebody's body parts right?

Please do you eat pork, bacon or ham? Do you eat fat in meat? do you shave your beard? Hope you don't do these cause the bible says we shouldn't.

You need help. Your sense of reasoning scripturally is very minute. We can help you boost it.

Before I start. I want to allow you ridicule yourself in public.

What is blood?
What is the significance of blood?
According to the scriptures, how important is blood to God?

Simple questions but I know you're going to fail woefully or you tactfully avoid answering the questions or you divert.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

CoCaine and blood are not thesame thing. Cocaine is thesame thing whether you eat sniff inject it is thesame. Blood transfusion is not food. Eating blood will never give you thesame effect as transfusing it.

OK, I'm going to help you.

What is the drip given to people who are sick? Why are they given drips?

Answer!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS / The Amazing city of pure Gold, Diamonds and precious stones. / Major African Gods And Their Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.