Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses (42756 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by gemale(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

Jesus came from heaven into d womb of a virgin, are u gonna come DAT way too?
Jesus preached for 3yrs thru d length n breath of surrounding cities, have u done DAT?
Jesus was pierced n died a painful death have u done dat?
and yet you talking about saving others wen u havnts even done d least of things he did on earth. salvation is individual, Save yourself first brov.
and wen we talk of Jesus shedding his blood, all those of his disciples did not go ahead n start licking his blood nor did they ask d roman army to save his blood so we can be transfused till today to be saved.
Jesus "sacrificed" himself, so don't talk about blood n saving like it was consumed directly brov.
and, personal contact with blood is not what I ever said, rather I talked about "consumption" of blood and if u say abstinence from blood is not eating unbled meat, aren't we saying d same thing? unbled meat has blood stuck in d animal. that is the kind of meat Nebuchadnezzar offered d Hebrew boys that they refused. they ABSTAINed from blood. so should we.
Pls where did I recommend d licking or drinking of blood? U jw r so headstrong dt u dnt sit & actually meditate on issues. Hence, deres an obvious lack of discernment prevalent amongst u. Hw does consumption & transfusion correlate? Is it dt u pple dnt know dt dey involve different human systems? Consumption involves d gastrointestinal system while transfusion involves d circulatory system. D former supplies d body nutrition whilst d latter distributes all d materials needed 4 d body cells, tissues & organs 2 function (especially oxygen). Hw r dey d same thing? D prime outlet of excretion 4 GIT is d anus (excreta) whilst d prime outlet 4 d circulatory system is d urinary system (kidneys & co). Pls get enlightened. Being a Christian (dts if u jw call ur selves dt) is no excuse 2 b ignorant after d bible says in d book of Hosea "my pple perish 4 lack of knowledge". Dts literally wts happening 2 u pple. U allow ur selves & loved ones perish due 2 ur blunt refusal 2 get knowledge. U r lyk d priest & levite in d parable of D good Samaritan only dt u r worse because im sure dt if either d priest or levite saw his family or loved one lying on d roadside, dey wld hv immediately provided assistance.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Kingspin(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
mrsefan:

ask your mom who is your real dad
I don't need this type of joke now please.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

the fact it is designed that way does not mean dat is how it will be. its just a pictorial illustration of beautiful surroundings. dem wearing clothes, whether or not we would we wear clothes we don't know, but are u expecting images of naked people?
d question is, do u even believe in the Bible or in God's promise of a paradise? yes/no brov.

Lol all paradise is just an assumption lol. So after God has killed 99.9% non jws then you assume that paradise will look a certain way in that case your doctrines are based on assumptions. So God promised an earthly paradise for you then your governing body members and 144000 in 1935 God promised them heaven right? So all these are part of the assumptions. Lol. Abeg stop giving excuses for murder and family breakup by your religion. Russia has its own reasons for saying they are extremist and I agree.
And no I don't believe that God said the paradise was going to be an earthly one.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

well, you have your free will to hold on to what ever you want. free will is one gift that God gives to Humans. but God wants us to use it wisely.

But your religion doesn't allow free will
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by gemale(m): 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

but yeah you know people get diseases from blood transfusion.
as about blood, if am talking to an atheist, it's quite different but for someone who believes in God and d Bible, it should be better. when it comes to the issue of blood,
be it animal or human, God wants us to respect blood because blood is life!!
kill animal and eat is not disrespect for life, it's when you eat it with its blood I.e when you don't allow it to bleed d right way that is a disrespect. we are not to kill humans DAT way cos God says we should not murder.
ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD is what God says. its difficult but, d most difficult things to do are often d best things to do
Pple only get diseases when d blood transfused was infected & wasn't screened & tested properly b4 transfusion. Nowadays hospitals & blood banks screen every drop of blood dt is used in transfusion so it's almost unheard of nw.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
Religion as a whole shud be banned.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by KINGOFJAPAN: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2017
Handsomecole:
Ignorance is your problem
infact it's yours, you're one of those blind followers believe everything your "priest" says.
You couldn't debunk what i posted so you, like most ignorant blind followers, resort to shameless name calling.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by KardinalZik(m): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
"...People die for lack of knowledge", you know.

Jah bless you for saving a life
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2017
KINGOFJAPAN:

infact it's yours, you're one of those blind followers believe everything your "priest" says.
You couldn't debunk what i posted so you, like most ignorant blind followers, resort to shameless name calling.

Your own is believing everything your governing body members tell you. The button line is catholic church have longed stopped those practices. So don't hold members accountable for what people used to practice before. What of your own? Rapist murderers pedophiles thieves etc who become jws have their past forgiven. Leave catholic church alone. Must you point accusing fingers?

The matter here is Russia banning jws cos they are extremist. CatholicS will never shun you because you chose to leave their religion. You are still family and you are still friends catholic church doesn't breakup families.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by KINGOFJAPAN: 12:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
Leopantro:

the bible you use and quote would not have been avalible if not for the same Catholic Church you preach against.
read about the Dead Sea scrolls.
Preach against? grin i belong to no Christian groups.
Nobody's talking about the who made the Bible available
, but it would interest you to know that until recently the Catholic Church was actually against the translating the Bible into common languages like English or French because they were of the opinion that Latin was holy.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Basic123: 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2017
Kingspin:
Anytime any day, I prefer Jehovah witnesses than the so called religion of peace but members are sucide bombers and volunteer murderers. Mr Putin sir, the good people of the world needs you to crush ISIS jihad people only.
Exactly,I even prefer them to the christ-like claimers that never keep beard like jesus nor do celibacy like jesus,do fake miracles unlike jesus,pastors fucking ashewos,raping and defrauding church members and and licking prostitute private part before speaking in tongue.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by NaWetinDey(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
Bia op

If another person post this mainland bridge epistle, u go fit read am?

No, make u sef check am na

E good?

Today is sunday, make u repent
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
Haba.... Its too long na...
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by KINGOFJAPAN: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Your own is believing everything your governing body members tell you. The button line is catholic church have longed stopped those practices. So don't hold members accountable for what people used to practice before. What of your own? Rapist murderers pedophiles thieves etc who become jws have their past forgiven. Leave catholic church alone. Must you point accusing fingers?

The matter here is Russia banning jws cos they are extremist. CatholicS will never shun you because you chose to leave their religion. You are still family and you are still friends catholic church doesn't breakup families.
Again my friend, I'm belong to no Christian groups . I'm neither a Catholic or a JW.
Yes the Catholic Church has refrained from "some" of those practices, but nonetheless we shouldn't deny it happened.
Most of the JW awake articles are this same practices which you just admitted the Catholic Church did.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Freksy(m): 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
gemale:

Pls where did I recommend d licking or drinking of blood? U jw r so headstrong dt u dnt sit & actually meditate on issues. Hence, deres an obvious lack of discernment prevalent amongst u. Hw does consumption & transfusion correlate? Is it dt u pple dnt know dt dey involve different human systems? Consumption involves d gastrointestinal system while transfusion involves d circulatory system. D former supplies d body nutrition whilst d latter distributes all d materials needed 4 d body cells, tissues & organs 2 function (especially oxygen). Hw r dey d same thing? D prime outlet of excretion 4 GIT is d anus (excreta) whilst d prime outlet 4 d circulatory system is d urinary system (kidneys & co). Pls get enlightened. Being a Christian (dts if u jw call ur selves dt) is no excuse 2 b ignorant after d bible says in d book of Hosea "my pple perish 4 lack of knowledge". Dts literally wts happening 2 u pple. U allow ur selves & loved ones perish due 2 ur blunt refusal 2 get knowledge. U r lyk d priest & levite in d parable of D good Samaritan only dt u r worse because im sure dt if either d priest or levite saw his family or loved one lying on d roadside, dey wld hv immediately provided assistance.

Drugs can be CONSUMED through vein injection, true or false?

Consumption is not only when things are introduced to the body orally.

Nevertheless, can you please meditate and tell me why God Prohibited consumption of blood?

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
Basic123:
Exactly,I even prefer them to the christ-like claimers that never keep beard like jesus nor do celibacy like jesus,do fake miracles unlike jesus,pastors fucking ashewos,raping and defrauding church members and and licking prostitute private part before speaking in tongue.

Everything you mentioned happens among jws too except the having pastors and doing miracles. So bad things and bad people are in every religion so also they have good people too.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by joinnow: 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

God never said abstain from blood transfusion watchtower said so. They die in obedience to watchtower.

Read and interpret pls
Acts 15:29 KJV That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by 9jatatafo(m): 1:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
Putin and his gestapo style.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2017
Freksy:

Drugs can be CONSUMED through vein injection, true or false?

Consumption is not only when things are introduced to the body orally.

Nevertheless, can you please meditate and tell me why God Prohibited consumption of blood?

Drugs are administered through veins. The bible was specific it said eat not consume. Anything can be consumed fRom visible to invisible. You consume energy does that mean you eat energy? Well I don't blame you when you are in an organisation that the governing body members don't know the difference between eating and consumption.

Things don't have to be introduced to the body or humans only. You can consume goods and services. Bible was specific it said eat not consume. Eating and consumption are not synonymous.

Bible prohibited eating blood of animals meant for food. Blood transfusion the human donor doesn't die and blood is not used as food.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 1:33pm On Mar 19, 2017
joinnow:

Read and interpret pls
Acts 15:29 KJV That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

I still did not see blood transfusion there.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by deedondavi(m): 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2017
joinnow:

Read and interpret pls

You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. If you do this, you will do well. Farewell."

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
KINGOFJAPAN:

Again my friend, I'm belong to no Christian groups . I'm neither a Catholic or a JW.
Yes the Catholic Church has refrained from "some" of those practices, but nonetheless we shouldn't deny it happened.
Most of the JW awake articles are this same practices which you just admitted the Catholic Church did.

And you feel the jws are innocent right? They that have predicted and is still predicting the end where Jesus and their 144000 plus their governing body members will kill 99.9% of earth's population did any religion bash or slander them?
My own is can't they sell their religion without bashing or slander of catholics. It is wrong.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by xynerise: 1:44pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

if he / she is not going to neither of both. will he/she live forever if given that blood?

Are you kidding me?

This is your reason for letting go? So his life doesn't add value to the lives of other members of the family or even his own family?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by chichichilolo1(f): 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
musa7m:
2nd...dem dnt beliv in hell fire.....
would you burn your child or cut off his/her hand because he/she disobeyed you or did something bad? If you cannot do that as an imperfect human how much more Jehovah God.
He can never or will never burn bad people in hell fire because he is a God of love
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by joinnow: 1:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

I still did not see blood transfusion there.

But you saw abstain from blood
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by harmless(m): 2:02pm On Mar 19, 2017
Hahahah...Chai ...I no fit laugh finish. Okay, as you don read come dey sweat so tey your eye wan commot. Abeg summarise for us
elsmartEcash:
i don read everything
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by ezra1990: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
ekanDamie:

why did God have to send someone from heaven to shed his blood for us?
God had/has faithful servants who has/will die for the truth, why didn't he lead, Noah,Enoch,John d Baptist etc to die on d stake, why weren't d angels demselves selected but yet, God most precious creation. bro, it's not in d place of humans to take blood as a means of saving life.
whether we live or die, we live or die for God, that is what will bring us everlasting benefits.
blood is very sacred to God, Infact, he sees blood as precious to him(Psalms 72:14). as such, he warns us to ABSTAIN FROM BLOOD,(Acts 15:29) blood of animals, blood of humans,none should be preserved it should be poured to the ground (Levticus 17:13)

i understand why it's hard to follow this instruction, because, we want to live, but, blood transfusion does not guarantee life too. those that take them can still die from something else later on, those that take them might compound their problems by getting oda diseases from blood. God is all wise and he says we should not eat/take blood (Levticus 7:26)
That's just the summary of it all....to have some peoples ear tickled...... to the writer of this article, the fact is "no one can come to the Father unless He draws him to Himself"......No matter what he should get one fact straight and that is "above all criticisms, there will never be and there has never been a Religion that it's people are peace loving, basing their doctrine absolutely on the Bible, law abiding citizens, politically neutral as Jehovah's Witnesses
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 2:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
joinnow:

But you saw abstain from blood
Abstaining from blood does not mean abstaining from blood transfusion
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Gerrard59(m): 2:05pm On Mar 19, 2017
I'm not surprised. Jehovah Witness have a doctrine against "governments of the world". Thereby restricting or condemning their members from taking government or military jobs. For instance, you cannot be a witness and a soldier.

Albeit, most of their teachings are good and there not cacophonic like most pentecostal churches around, but the fact that they are against "governments of the world" (even though Jesus said give to Caesar what's is his and God what's is his) is tantamount to disobeying rules and regulations. So Russia planning to ban them isn't out of place. Jehovah Witness has been banned in Singapore for more than 50 years. This because they are against military enrollment even when it's mandatory for Singaporean males to enlist for military conscription lasting two years.

Unexpectedly, any witness will defend JW. However, you see governments in the world, you cannot say you'll omit them from your daily activities. Today there is lack of Christians in the political sector because of teachings like the JW. How do you expect your society to be changed if you don't partake in it? Later, same you will whine about how things don't work properly and appropriately.

Additionally, how can you expect a nation to be without soldiers when there are adversaries everywhere? Which denotes that you see no need for the police, immigration, customs etc. How do expect a safe society? Leave religion here and utilize logic.

Moreover, jobs are scarce, how and what do you expect the lad or lass who is not employed to do when s/he sees a recruitment process in any governmental or security systems? Leave the search and remain unemployed?

P.S. I was a witness for a decade and have cousins and relatives as staunch members. So I'm not a tyro.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Hairyrapunzel: 2:06pm On Mar 19, 2017
ezra1990:

That's just the summary of it all....to have some peoples ear tickled...... to the writer of this article, the fact is "no one can come to the Father unless He draws him to Himself"......No matter what he should get one fact straight and that is "above all criticisms, there will never be and there has never been a Religion that it's people are peace loving, basing their doctrine absolutely on the Bible, law abiding citizens, politically neutral as Jehovah's Witnesses

When you say Jesus will kill 99.9% of non jws how is that peace loving?
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
paulGrundy:

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/wrong-ban-jehovahs-witnesses

We don't need your support. You're just like Judas. You know the truth but you left. Family is very important but the body of Christ, the congregation is more important. It's better to have a broken family than a broken Christian congregation.

It's too obvious Jehovah is there for us as always. Check history.... Despite all these attacks... Jehovah's people are still increasing consistently.

When the time is right, Jehovah will act on our behalf. We are happy to be persecuted for righteousness sake.
Re: Why It Is Wrong To Ban Jehovahs Witnesses by harmless(m): 2:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
Very interesting point, unfortunately God does not exist by your rules or expectations...E.g he destroyed the world in Noah's time, contrary to your human speculation. Hell is real, you have been given a choice, choose wisely.
chichichilolo1:
would you burn your child or cut off his/her hand because he/she disobeyed you or did something bad? If you cannot do that as an imperfect human how much more Jehovah God.
He can never or will never burn bad people in hell fire because he is a God of love

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Prophet Andrew Ejimadu's Members Lick His Shoes For Blessings (Photos) / Can You Go To The Market For Your Wife? - Evangelist Mike Bamiloye Asks Men / Leke Adeboye Reacts To Prophet Isa El-Buba's Attempted Arrest By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.