Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate (19623 Views)

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Special Status For Lagos Bill Passes Second Reading At House Of Reps / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by donratcock: 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

See them! by their comments you shall know them grin cheesy. The dusty, red-mud descendants of shuku akuko daberu. People that are still practising Osu as at 21st March 2017. They too want to talk

Folks, don't be fooled. All these oafs I quoted can't marry Nwadiala (freeborns)

Till date, the same clowns are still battling it in the court as regards females inheriting properties ooh

Have y'all seen their grand parents tribal marks before? They look like barcodes grin cheesy

Unlike them, we Yorubas have always been against tribal marks . The few people doing it are those ones in the village and they are usually low-key about it. They don't even let anyone know until the deed has been done cos they know they'll be exposed

When the thread about female inheritance made FP, these clowns went ham against each other. The gala boys said it's part of shitgbo culture that they aren't ready to dump it cheesy The Nkeshis didn't take it lightly oo. No be small thing we see for here that day my people grin

clap for yourself your trash has been noticed

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
slurryeye:
Nice bill

For those shouting Afonja. Google Ichi scarification

Tribal marks or scarification is a west african identification mark

This makes the Igbos bastards of West Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by fanwas(m): 9:11pm On Mar 21, 2017
To me this bill is not a bad idea but not at this time, the Senate should concentrate on bull that will make life better for we Nigerians at this time rather than passing bill on tribal mark. This are things that I don't expect from the Senate at this time. My opinion
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Jetleeee: 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2017
donratcock:

clap for yourself your trash has been noticed

6 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
fanwas:
To me this bill is not a bad idea but not at this time, the Senate should concentrate on bull that will make life better for we Nigerians at this time rather than passing bill on tribal mark. This are things that I don't expect from the Senate at this time. My opinion
If dem siddon dey look na you go dey shout say dem no dey do anything. Now they're doing something, you still dey complain... Na wa for this human being o.

Reminds me of orin Chief Commander, Ebenezer Obey... "Ko sogbon t'ole da, ko siwa t'ole hu, ko s'ona to legba, to le fi t'aye l'orun o!"

By the way, Germany has a law that prohibits certain names for newborn babes...you cannot just give any name to your Germany-born child without the law approving it. Between that and the legal prohibition of neonate facial mutilation, which one do you suppose is more important?

Leave the senators, or better still you suggest the better laws you think they should be making. Ah!

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by amynah94(f): 9:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
Thank God I don't have tribal marks
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by mercyville: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

See them! by their comments you shall know them grin cheesy. The dusty, red-mud descendants of shuku akuko daberu. People that are still practising Osu as at 21st March 2017. They too want to talk

Folks, don't be fooled. All these oafs I quoted can't marry Nwadiala (freeborns)

Till date, the same clowns are still battling it in the court as regards females inheriting properties ooh

Have y'all seen their grand parents tribal marks before? They look like barcodes grin cheesy

Unlike them, we Yorubas have always been against tribal marks . The few people doing it are those ones in the village and they are usually low-key about it. They don't even let anyone know until the deed has been done cos they know they'll be exposed

When the thread about female inheritance made FP, these clowns went ham against each other. The gala boys said it's part of shitgbo culture that they aren't ready to dump it cheesy The Nkeshis didn't take it lightly oo. No be small thing we see for here that day my people grin

Are you talking about evil forest Osu Ojukwu maggot clawed face grin They call it ichi -

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by nicolosam(m): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
While I commend the Senators for being sensitive, I don't think such act is still in practise though. Modernism abhors such barbaric acts and legal backing isn't a bad idea.
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by kaymart: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
I actually thought there are more germane economic issues to be discussed but see what matter most to them.
hmmmmmnnnnnnnnn!
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by jide219(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
martineverest:
They can ban Yoruba own.... I like edo tribal mark. They make one like cute
confirm
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
I'M PROUD OF MY TRIBAL MARKS! DONT GIVE 2 CENTS FOR THIS BAN!

BAN CIRCUMCISION ALSO IN THAT CASE! ISNT CHOPPING OF BABIES DI.CKS FORCED ON THEM COZ OF OUTDATED BELIEFS. ABRAHAMIST RETARDS 4EVER DESTROYING OUR CULTURE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by 234ng44uk(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2017
waledeji:
I'm an Afonja but this got me ROTFL cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
You're Afonja? Then woe betides you. My ancestor cursed you standing on a mortal

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Jetleeee: 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
mercyville:
Are you talking about evil forest Osu Ojukwu maggot clawed face grin They call it ichi -

Lwtmb cheesy grin I actually know what it looks like. I just didn't want to post it cos these mods are fond of deleting my posts everytime I add these kind of pics

These clowns are always shooting themselves on the foot

5 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by konfused: 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

Jeez, just look at what you are spewing......

You might think you sound intelligent.....but ibu Okpo.

Do you actually know the meaning of Nwadiala?

Do you actually know the origin of OSU??

Let me give you some free lectures.

Nwadiana in Igbo land means your maternal side. Like am a nwadiana in my mother's village. Whenever I go there, am referred to as Nwadiana.

The history of Osu is there for anyone who has the intentions of learning.

During the old days, a man due to one circumstance or another might run to a deity and seek protection for himself and his family.
once such a man is dedicated to the deity, he becomes sacred, so those days ordinary men where always afraid to deal with them, cos once you treat them bad in any way, the deity will fight for them.

Then coming to inheritance issues, have you ever wondered if Isaac of the bible had female issues?

When the Israelis got to the promised land, why wasn't the land shared even among the female children of isaac.

Through out your study of the bible, have you ever seen where any female was included in the sharing of inheritance

Go and do a proper research before you start talking next time.

FYI every tribe has it good and bad side, but trying to bring down others to show urs is more superior smacks of complex

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Bekimbo(m): 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
Go hide in shame
Anuofia

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by MARKETfund: 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
martineverest:
They can ban Yoruba own.... I like edo tribal mark. They make one like cute

Mind uploading the Edo own let me see pls smiley
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Jetleeee: 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2017
konfused:

Jeez, just look at what you are spewing......

You might think you sound intelligent.....but ibu Okpo.

Do you actually know the meaning of Nwadiala?

Do you actually know the origin of OSU??

Let me give you some free lectures.

Nwadiana in Igbo land means your maternal side. Like am a nwadiana in my mother's village. Whenever I go there, am referred to as Nwadiana.

The history of Osu is there for anyone who has the intentions of learning.

During the old days, a man due to one circumstance or another might run to a deity and seek protection for himself and his family.
once such a man is dedicated to the deity, he becomes sacred, so those days ordinary men where always afraid to deal with them, cos once you treat them bad in any way, the deity will fight for them.

Then coming to inheritance issues, have you ever wondered if Isaac of the bible had female issues?

When the Israelis got to the promised land, why wasn't the land shared even among the female children of isaac.

Through out your study of the bible, have you ever seen where any female was included in the sharing of inheritance

Go and do a proper research before you start talking next time.

FYI every tribe has it good and bad side, but trying to bring down others to show urs is more superior smacks of complex.

Maaan who is interested in all these sermons? cheesy

You're maaad. It's only my comment you saw cos it was against you. If you want to preach, call your brothers that posted nonsense on the front page too. Y'all can dish out insults but you can't take it.

8 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
slurryeye:
Nice bill

For those shouting Afonja. Google Ichi scarification

Tribal marks or scarification is a west african identification mark

Must we go through the Google if it happens within our mix here in Africa and not far away somewhere in Asia
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Austinio: 10:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
see mark. una fight Lion

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by konfused: 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

Maaan who is interested in all these sermons? cheesy

You're maaad. It's only my comment you saw cos it was against you. If you want to preach, call your brothers that posted nonsense on the front page too. Y'all can dish out insults but you can't take it.

Dude, try to be civil next time, two wrongs don't actually make a right.

If you let petty things get to you, it shows you are petty.

4 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by kayo80(m): 10:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
DocHMD:
Lmao! I used to have a yoruba friend in JSS3 class with terrible oyo tribal marks on both sides of his faces. Girls made fun of him and it pained him.

He also swore he was going to kill the man in his village who gave him those tribal whenever he grew bigger and stronger. cheesy

LMAO!
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by femolii: 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2017
Yorubas are still better than osus far far.

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Jetleeee: 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2017
konfused:

Dude, try to be civil next time, two wrongs don't actually make a right.

If you let petty things get to you, it shows you are petty.

Naah..it doesn't work that way bro. I can't stand cyber bullies. I do this not because it gets to me, but because if we allow them do it without rebuttals, they'll start thinking they have the monopoly of insults. I used to watch from the sidelines before. We complained to the mods, nothing was done about it. Since the mods won't do anything, it's upon us to return the bullets.

If they sheath their swords, I'll sheath mine too. I'm not earning money from this.

11 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by skyman200(m): 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2017
Afonjos will be like.....

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by akigbemaru: 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
Tribal marks to get banned!
Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by konfused: 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

Naah..it doesn't work that way bro. I can't stand cyber bullies. I do this not because it gets to me, but because if we allow them do it without rebuttals, they'll start thinking they have the monopoly of insults. I used to watch from the sidelines before. We complained to the mods, nothing was done about it. Since the mods won't do anything, it's upon us to return the bullets.

If they sheath their swords, I'll sheath mine too. I'm not earning money from this.

Lol, dude you are funny,.

FYI I am a proud Igbo man, but I can never indulge in all these petty stuffs.

When you fight with pigs.....

Allow them their tomfoolery and keep your sanity.

Why I actually replied you was cos you got the nwadiana stuff wrong. .....ihotago!!

Enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by kayo80(m): 10:24pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

GBAM! As you said, they enjoy dishing out insults, but dont want to get insulted. Your diss really got to them thats why they have been quoting you.

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by femolii: 10:25pm On Mar 21, 2017
They should also stop osus from cuting cuting the congo meat of their daughters yansh too because is their work.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
This is unacceptable! Facial markings is part of Yoruba culture,it is not mutilation. How am I supposed to recognise my Yoruba brothers from afar? All yorubas must rise and fight this stupid law. Is facial markings the bane of Nigeria? Useless Senate!

2 Likes

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by hucienda: 10:27pm On Mar 21, 2017
Di wod "afonja" don sufa for dis thread.

1 Like

Re: Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate by Saintsquare(m): 10:33pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jetleeee:

Have y'all seen their grand parents tribal marks before? They look like barcodes grin cheesy They call it Ichi

chai why are u hitting our rectangular skulls like this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Loans: Nigeria Is Now On The Auction Market - PDP / Buhari's Appointments Favoured The North More - New Telegraph / Anti-Buni Governors Plan To Revolt Against Buhari At APC Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.