Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

"I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali (21845 Views)

Hammed Ali's Handshake With A Female Customs Officer (Pictured) / List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by CeoNewshelm(m): 6:39am On Mar 22, 2017
Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hammed Ali (retd.) on Tuesday declared that he had the support of President Muhammadu Buhari on the proposed policy on payment of vehicle duty.

Ali spoke with State House correspondents shortly after emerging from the mosque located beside the President’s office inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

“The truth is that when I came in one of the difficult tasks is how to deal with, ‘big men.’ Big time businessmen in the past have created a situation that they were the beneficiaries of waivers and concessions. Huge amount of money is lost in this country through waivers and concessions.

“If John decides to import things as a trader, he is meant to pay duty, why should Ali, because he is a big businessman and has a status in the society be given waiver when the law is clear about it?”

“The President agrees with us and the political will is behind us. As of today, apart from the statutory waivers, which the law allows, the President has not approved one single waiver,” he stated.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/customs-boss-ali-i-have-support-of.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Nwodosis(m): 6:40am On Mar 22, 2017
Is obvious you have his support but you will be responsible for your actions!

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by ZombieTERROR: 6:41am On Mar 22, 2017
We know that the plans to further impoverish the people emanated from the presidency
So Ali should tell us something new

38 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by chukkystar(m): 6:44am On Mar 22, 2017
Nigeria I hail ooo

4 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Aliyeous(m): 6:46am On Mar 22, 2017
Ghen ghen ghen 2day na 2day...lets c how dis saga turns out

4 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Ahmadgani(m): 6:48am On Mar 22, 2017
Ali will never put on thaT uniform

7 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by kindy51(m): 6:49am On Mar 22, 2017
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Jabioro: 6:53am On Mar 22, 2017
I supported the move.. it is welcome policy.. if you know what is going on as per importation deal your mouth will not close..

25 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by ademasta(m): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2017
In baba's voice, "Ali o! Kwantiniu, you hap my suffort" grin

19 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by OBAGADAFFI: 10:57am On Mar 22, 2017
Is Ali geting orders from the President of th Finance Minister.
shocked

1 Like

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by ehissi(m): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2017
R
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by SalamRushdie: 10:59am On Mar 22, 2017
They want to dismantle the small economic gains of osinbanjo with their collective shortsightedness again..Oua inflict more pain on the masses you demons

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by gbishman: 11:00am On Mar 22, 2017
This is very good news, we are solidly behind you; as far as you are a Nigerian no one is above the law what is good for the goose is also good for the gander

10 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by lukma227(m): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2017
That's de man 4 d job

5 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by omenkaLives(m): 11:01am On Mar 22, 2017
Good. Anyone who doesn't like that can go jump off a cliff.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by brainpulse: 11:01am On Mar 22, 2017
I support. They wanted Ali out so that they can continue with the usual corruption, evading of customs duties and charges known to be the regular customs way of life. With a custom officer as a CG, its corruption as usual because they grow with it through the ranks.
Ali has taken so many steps in the customs to sensitize and sterilize the agency against corruption that those that works in the port with genuine business can testify for, but these corrupt Nigerians don't want. So instead of finding something tangible against him which was'nt possible they resulted into uniform palaver.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 22, 2017
senate go hail , he Won't go cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by SalamRushdie: 11:01am On Mar 22, 2017
Jabioro:
I supported the move.. it is welcome policy.. if you know what is going on as per importation deal your mouth will not close..

How can you support a policy you clearly dont understand ..Do you even understand the policy ? Do u ?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by jaxxy(m): 11:01am On Mar 22, 2017
He has a sound point. Most influential/bigmen or policticians bring in luxurious cars, yatchs and all with no single duty paid y d common man pays it all however d senate is tackling a faulty policy of the customs which is why ordinary people shud pay duties on the cars they bought here when they are not the ones who cleared them? The clearing agent and custom officers shud be accountable for such.

5 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by LastSurvivor11: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2017
Who doesn't know undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Nusaf: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2017
LiePobs at the moment

2 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Thisboysef(m): 11:04am On Mar 22, 2017
I laugh in Spanish, but this yeye guy below me though

1 Like

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by emmasege: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2017
Ali knows quite well that most zombified Nigerians will grudgingly buy his inhuman policy the moment he mentions Buhari in the whole saga.

But when Nigerians and NASS will start asking the main man who's responsible for the selection and performance of these inept executives, is a question still begging for an answer. When hardship bites too hard, an 'innocent' man may become corrupt. And this is why Bubu should realise that his policies are making ordinary Nigerians two-fold more corrupt than they were, when he assumed presidency.

By the time, he completes his term and failed mission to jail high profile Nigerians with opposing political views, he'd realise more virulent 'corrupt' Nigerians would have been hatched to replace his political opponents, thanks to this economic depression.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by UltraLeslie1: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2017
CeoNewshelm:
Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Customs Service, Col. Hammed Ali (retd.) on Tuesday declared that he had the support of President Muhammadu Buhari on the proposed policy on payment of vehicle duty.

Ali spoke with State House correspondents shortly after emerging from the mosque located beside the President’s office inside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/customs-boss-ali-i-have-support-of.html
Why's that foolish thief, Ali employing deflection to manipulate Nigerians?

Mr. Ali, Nigerians do not care if you impound the containers of all the big men in Nigeria--that has never been the cause of the national uproar which your stupidity and insensitivity stirred.

We are talking about the planned custom duty extortion by the Nigerian customs going into the streets and demanding drivers produce custom duty papers on old vehicles.

Tell us if you had the President's support on that and stop trying to deviate from the matter at hand.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by profhezekiah: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2017
We already know d dictator is responsible for his arrogancy

3 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by MrGreenMavro: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2017
angry

NO WONDER HE DY MISBEHAVE LIKE THE PRESIDENT cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by akin7881: 11:05am On Mar 22, 2017
All this Politricktians sef

2 Likes

Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 22, 2017
CeoNewshelm:
“The truth is that when I came in one of the difficult tasks is how to deal with, ‘big men.’ Big time businessmen in the past have created a situation that they were the beneficiaries of waivers and concessions. Huge amount of money is lost in this country through waivers and concessions.

“If John decides to import things as a trader, he is meant to pay duty, why should Ali, because he is a big businessman and has a status in the society be given waiver when the law is clear about it?”

“The President agrees with us and the political will is behind us. As of today, apart from the statutory waivers, which the law allows, the President has not approved one single waiver,” he stated.

I AGREE 100%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Re: "I Have The Support Of President Buhari" - Hammed Ali by Originalsly: 11:06am On Mar 22, 2017
It would help the small man and small businesses by cutting out waivers for the big boys..... but any duties to be paid should be by the importers and not the present owners.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 4 Soldiers In Maiduguri, 5 Injured, 4 Missing / Fela Durotoye Painting People's Houses In Kaduna As Part Of His Campaign / Aye Dee: Boycott BBNaija And All South African Goods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.