Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

"Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss (47436 Views)

Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly / Senate Demands Reinstatement Of Obiano’s Security Aides, Condemns IGP / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
ganye1:

Hameed Ali is on a political appointment and the Senate duly vetted his nomination. The question is if Col Hameed Ali's nomination was wrong why did they vet his nomination. They should leave this ego trip and engage themselves with serious national issues.
as much as I agree that the issue isn't as serious as other national issues, i still believe if he is due for retirement he should retire and give fresh and young minds an opportunity atleast for a start towards addressing other serious national issues.

2 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Chukwq(m): 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
Continue with your rubbish

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by deomello: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
nwakibie3:
Dino during his presentation said that the position of the CG is a rank and anyone who occupies that rank is a civil servant as such Hameed "is not fit to be the CG of Customs" because according to the civil service rule he has passed the civil service retirement age.

So the senate knows all these and yet went ahead to confirm him

Dino basically just admitted that he himself is incompetent, a failure and not fit to be a senator.

Where was Dino and the useless and incompetent senate when Jona appointed 80 year old Bamanga Tukur to head the Nigerian Railway?

Where was Dino and the useless Nigerian senate when Jona appointed 80 year old Tony Anenih to head the Nigerian port authority?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by YeyeDeySmell1: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
DropShot:

Which rule or law says he must wear a uniform as a politically appointed Head of customs?

Una never jam!

All these are programs of APC to deny the Masses dividends of democracy. When two elephants fights, the grass surfers.

3 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Bayou4sure: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
9ja I hail ooooo
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by 989900: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
I am so loving this charade -- the people win!

3 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by maasoap(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
udifia4life:
president buhari has fail nigeria woefully appointing unfit people to run a sector
Ali is more than fit. The senate know why it is fighting Ali which doesn't concern you or me.

3 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by guchen: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
So the lawmakers know all these facts and they allowed Col. Ali to serve as the CG of customs for this long. Nobody raised these points of being over aged as a civil servant all these while. Just because he refused to put on customs uniform the Senator are shouting and ditching out every strategy to remove him. My question is "what if he had agreed to put on this uniform, would the issue of being over aged be brought up"?. Please my people, my point is; let's learn to do the right thing at the right time no matter who is involved.

3 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by deomello: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
[s]
SalamRushdie:

Fear God oo one day you will tell me General is an appointment and not a rank ...
[/s]

Please stop quoting me with your ignorant sentiments.

3 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by trixstar(m): 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
yeyeboi:
This Ali needs to resign really , I never knew he was the CG of Customs until this matter. He should either go or wear the uniform once and for all

if you really know what goes on in the system, you will beg him to stay
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by simytech: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
War don start be dat oooko cool cool cool
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by BetaThings: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
donttouch:
He is not in any way qualified to be the Customs boss

But Maina was qualified for armed protection
while refusing to meet senators under Jonathan

Did Maina ever appear before senators?
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by seguno2: 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2017
guychidile:
hence senators haz spoken,there is no going back.,Hammed Ali.,bye.and enjoy your retirement benefits from both military and governor

In part, this is a supremacy fight of the military cabal that ruled our country ruthlessly in an opaque, clandestine and corrupt manner for so many decades against civilians that they should be subject to.
We should ensure our democratic institutions are preserved against these old usurpers.

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by BetaThings: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
guchen:
So the lawmakers know all these facts and they allowed Col. Ali to serve as the CG of customs for this long. Nobody raised these points of being over aged as a civil servant all these while. Just because he refused to put on customs uniform the Senator are shouting and ditching out every strategy to remove him. My question is "what if he had agreed to put on this uniform, would the issue of being over aged be brought up"?. Please my people, my point is; let's learn to do the right thing at the right time no matter who is involved.

What did they do to Maina who refused to appear before them?

2 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by SalamRushdie: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
deomello:
[s][/s]

Please stop quoting me with your ignorant sentiments.

You are the person being sentimental here if you are not aware
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Daddybright1986(m): 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
when am watching that NTA program INSIDE THE SENATE this is exactly what am seeing.

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Caveatemptor(m): 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
ganye1:

Hameed Ali is on a political appointment and the Senate duly vetted his nomination. The question is if Col Hameed Ali's nomination was wrong why did they vet his nomination. They should leave this ego trip and engage themselves with serious national issues.

The Senate did not vet Hameed Alli's appointment as Comptroller General of Customs. He was solely appointed by the executive. He was appointed by Mr Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by simytech: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
War don start be dat tongue tongue
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by seguno2: 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
DropShot:
Which rule or law says he must wear a uniform as a politically appointed Head of customs?

Una never jam!

Should he be political appointed?
Should we be a lawless nation?

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by seguno2: 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
BetaThings:
What did they do to Maina who refused to appear before them?

Don't you want progress?
Don't you want change?

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Rottymil(m): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2017
But why a retired colonel in d first instance,are there not any one competent among d serving DCGs and ACGs that can occcupy d seat and wear d uniform with ease instead of ds old cargo that is now making everybody to sweath on top trivial issue.A retired colonel of about. 20 yrs ago,he s using over time already so. why won't he come wit archaic ideas.He should resign fast time. Is not. On his side joor. Shior

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Just because he refused to wear uniform?

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
peteregwu:
Guys, jokes apart and sentiment apart, that guy is not just fit. He is being stubborn. And he is making nonsense and mockery of our Senate. I don't blame him, I blame Mr President who could not chose someone from the custom to head the customs.

Ali thought this is sambisa forest, Na custom be this Na.
Thank you my brother. Most Nigerians are not seeing beyond their noses. Even if all the senators are corrupt, we should not allow the executive to muzzled the institution. If not for the fact that the Senators opposed the introduction of custom duties on old vehicles by now all of us will be paying custom duties on our old vehicles. If we allow the Executive muzzled to Legislative,we will not have anybody to defend us when the Executive start being reckless and dictatorial

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by ganye1: 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
chinedu234:
. A whole lot can be done. Budget for customs can be withheld. The law establishing customs can be amended. Further letters from the presidency can be treated with disdain. The point is that attempts must be made to strengthen our institutions no matter who is occupying whatever position.
They can do this and a lot more but it is not as easy as you are trying to make it sound. They can refuse to budget money for the NCS but apart from being reckless and irresponsible because of the importance of the NSC the president can refuse to sign the budget into law. My problem with them why is the issue of wearing or non wearing of uniform so important that they have to relegate other important national issues to the background?

2 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
smartblu:
Col. Hameed Ali answers to the comptroller General of Customs title. He lives in the official residence. He takes the pay. He uses the official cars and takes ALL the privileges of the office. But to wear the Uniform, I think 30 SANS would need to defend that. What a Country!!!
He is even passed the age undecided
I don't see a way for him. Uniform or no uniform

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Olumighty2038(m): 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
i love this country....they are too smart

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Ebeleiscorupt: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
Businessideas:

The case is already in court grin
I don't know why judiciary willingly allowed itself to be dragged into the ego trip war between Ali and the Senate cool

Do you know the role of judiciary in the government or you are just another Malaye?
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 22, 2017
deomello:

Do you know the meaning of nepotism at all?

All you do everyday is supporting crooks and corrupt politicians, so how do you get your money back while defending and supporting crooks everyday?

Were you not in the Ibori thread, defending and supporting the crook and ex convict who looted his own people dry?

Please save your meaningless crocodile tears or Nigeria.

Locate your brain and use it wisely. What makes you think I must agree with your opinion ? Sometimes I think you and the people who reason like you are not educated enough to understand that every one of us have the right to our perspectives. Do you think I care how you feel ? Hell No, I care how I feel so take yourself off my posts and focus on your opinions, I have my opinions and if it makes you feel suicidal, pls be my guest.

2 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by ocloud81(m): 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
Minjim:

What kind of thinking is this?

Don't you know it's the judiciary's role to interpret the law?
What the judge will do now is to tell us whether the Senate Can compel Hammed the wear uniform. And case closed

You should read and interprete well,this in not a matter weather he wears uniform or not, he is now seen as a civil servant above retirement age and sø must resign.

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by seguno2: 3:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
deomello:
Dino basically just admitted that he himself is incompetent, a failure and not fit to be a senator.

Where was Dino and the useless and incompetent senate when Jona appointed 80 year old Bamanga Tukur to head the Nigerian Railway?

Where was Dino and the useless Nigerian senate when Jona appointed 80 year old Tony Anenih to head the Nigerian port authority?

Are the Nigerian Railway and Port Authority uniformed civil service positions?
Stop talking like the illiterate in Aso Rock, please.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Ebeleiscorupt: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2017
smartblu:
Col. Hameed Ali answers to the comptroller General of Customs title. He lives in the official residence. He takes the pay. He uses the official cars and takes ALL the privileges of the office. But to wear the Uniform, I think 30 SANS would need to defend that. What a Country!!!

Tell us, what do you know about law or you are just here to rant?
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by AceSkillz01: 3:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
Abeg, since the election in 2015, is any one else noticing that Saraki is Nigeria's MVP politician? (I don't even necessarily mean that in a good way).

He's like the Maradona of Nigerian politics. So slippery, resilient, bold-faced, cool under pressure, persistent. And he just thrives in the midst of the worst turbulence and trouble. Like he's in his element. Who hasn't he confronted since 2015?

Its like he just goes after whatever the hell he wants like its his birthright, smh. I think he might bulldoze his way into a future presidency sad undecided

It's dawning on me that he's not beyond doing that.

God help us all and God help Nigeria, sha

P.S. Some of those qualities might be worth emulating if one wants to shoot to the top in business and so on. I admire his cool ruthlessness to an extent...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Peter Obi Rescuing Secondary School Girls Last Year Resurface Onlin / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election / Ned Nwoko Receives Certificate Of Return As Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.