Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

"Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss (47423 Views)

Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly / Senate Demands Reinstatement Of Obiano’s Security Aides, Condemns IGP / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Akaujaa(m): 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
If I were Alli, I'll wear the uniform. That to me is maturity.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by teebell999(m): 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
Billyonaire:

It does not matter, if they realize now. Dont you know that as long as the politicians keep fighting, they will be looking for mass support from the populace and they will work towards getting that support.

We all know that Ali or whatever his name is, was nominated based on nepotism, to fight corruption of anti-Buhari and anti-APC entities.

The country is just a joke taken too far.

Please tell me how to solve this puzzle. The country has bitumen deposits, has labourers to dig the bitumen and have bad roads, yet instead of buying machines and hiring the jobless populace to tar the roads, we give billions of dollars in contract to foreign companies, who dig our bitumen to lay on the road, freely with just bribes to land owners where the bitumen is, yet we award contracts. Of what use is contract when all you need is train your citizens to know how to tar the roads and you engage every youth from every local government to tar the roads with locally available raw materials.

We must be prepared to take our country back from these thieves. It is the reason they do not issue us guns and gun licenses, because, if we armed, we can put an end to this, and develop our country.

Come on shut up!!
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Eruditor: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
seguno2:

Dino is way better than Buhari who has no primary school certificate.
Instead of showing his certificate, he used our tax money to hire 30 SAN lawyers.
The Comptroller General of Customs is a civil service position that has a retirement age.
Obviously, illiterate Buhari does not know that.
His followers also don't know.
They all want us to continue in lawless dictatorship after 18 years of democracy.
Are we foolish?

1. I don't know about "we" but I am sure you are foolish. If Dino wanted to prove he genuinely graduated from ABU, ABU themselves will come out to claim him - that's how the law works.

If Dino misplaced his certificate and couldn't find it again, ABU need only come out and provide the proof that he acquired it and the issue will be solved.

PMB said he had WAEC certificate but that it was lost when the military raided his house in 1985 and arrested him. He said a copy of the result would be in the record of the Nigerian Army. Nigerian Army denied seeing anything in his record save a form stating what should have been his grade (they didn't have the actual certificate, fine).

PMBs alma mater then produced a spreadsheet of results showing not only PMBs result but the results of others whose names were around his. Interestingly, the result the school provided via the spreadsheet matched exactly what was entered into PMBs military records.

So to keep talking about PMBs certificate is actually foolish and asinine.

Now back to Dino, instead of telling us that he graduated from ABU. He should provide the certificate that he was issued so it can be vetted and verified or he can ask ABU to provide his results and discharge documents proving he graduated.

2. Alhaji Bamanga Tukur was appointed by GEJ to be the head of the Federal Railway Commission at the age of 70+. Not only him, Joseph Kolade, Tony Anenih etc were all Septagenerians atleast when they held top Civil service jobs. So why did they get confirmed by the NASS? I will tell you why.

There is a huge difference between being a career civil servant and an appointed civil servant. Let me explain. In the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for example, there are civil servants who rise through the ranks to become Ambassadors. Those ones are bound by the age limit for civil servants as stipulated by the law. On the other hand, there are political appointees that the president could just announce as Ambassadors. Those ones are not bound by any age limit and can be appointed at an age way above the retirement age for career civil servants.

So in the same vein, Hameed Ali is not bound by the age of career civil servants similar to the way he is not mandated to wear the NCS Uniform. The reason is simple and succinct: He is not a career Customs man but a POLITICAL APPOINTEE.

Perhaps, if Dino had actually graduated, he would have known this.

Now thank me for educating you free of charge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by deomello: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
Akainzo:

Is the meaning of nepotism a function of how one feels or is the meaning of nepotism an opinion?

I think he came up with that ignorant re-route while trying to dodge the man issue.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Eruditor: 6:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
Akaujaa:

It is not maturity my friend. It is asinity. Why didn't they tell Magu to wear his police Uniform?
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by LawdOfNairaland: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Akaujaa:

That would be cowardice. They have no right to summon him on policy matters in the first place. They have no rights to ask him to appear in uniforms. They were not blind when Buhari picked a civilian CG and cannot be trying to bully him now into wearing uniforms. Forcing him to wear something that the law did not mandate is tantamount to abusing the man's right to liberty.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Eruditor: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Gaskia:

Ali's prayer (through a surrogate litigant) is for the court to determine if the Senate has the power to compel him to wear his uniform anytime he is performing his official duty, and if it is constitutionally demanded so.
In contrast to his prayer, Dino is averring that he, Ali does not have the constitutional credential to be appointed a CG of the Nigerian Customs Service, having past the lawful age bracket for the position (following his earlier retirement from active service in the Nigerian Army).
He further buttressed his submission so logically by noting that the position of the CG is a service hierarchy, a rank that one must rise to, not a political position meant for external appointees.
To reinforce his argument, I believe that a Colonel is a lower rank than deputy CG, (DCG), so why should a retired Colonel (not a General), boss over his superiors.

Also, superiority of the military forces to the Police and other paramilitary organisations is only a figment of crude imaginations and conjecture, majorly due to our slow mental evolution from a prolonged military rule. Such superiority has no basis in the constitution. The constitution rather promotes equality, they only differ in functions and duties to the state and citizens.
How would the army officials feel if a retired Custom Commissioner is appointed a Chief of Army Staff?
Anomaly? What is good for the goose is not bad for the gander!

Sweet trash.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by kachi7021(m): 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
The plot here would make a good seasonal
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by kachi7021(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
LawdOfNairaland:

That would be cowardice. They have no right to summon him on policy matters in the first place. They have no rights to ask him to appear in uniforms. They were not blind when Buhari picked a civilian CG and cannot be trying to bully him now into wearing uniforms. Forcing him to wear something that the law did not mandate is tantamount to abusing the man's right to liberty.

What's this one saying?
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
paulo220:
we have young men that can do d job, Why old man? Nigeria!!

And those young men want to enriched themselves and competing with their peers..
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by kachi7021(m): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2017
He was nominated for the job, didn't he know one of the perks was him wearing d uniform..if he couldn't was his mouth glued to refuse?
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by LawdOfNairaland: 6:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
kachi7021:

What's this one saying?
What don't you understand in my explanation
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by LawdOfNairaland: 6:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
kachi7021:
He was nominated for the job, didn't he know one of the perks was him wearing d uniform..if he couldn't was his mouth glued to refuse?

There is no law mandating a political appointee to wear uniforms!!!
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by themanderon: 6:46pm On Mar 22, 2017
For me I do not see the reason why a person who does not know the inner workings of an organization should be appointed to head that organization. It does no good to the men and women in that organization who are aspiring for the highest position in that organization. That is why we are where we are today. Putting misfits in sensitive positions that is what we are always good at.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 22, 2017
Akainzo:

Bros, there is a difference between PUBLIC SERVANT and CIVIL SERVANT. Col Hameed Alli is NOT a CIVIL SERVANT as he is not in the employment of the Federal Civil Service commission.

The President is the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces, yet he is not a Civil Servant and he does not have to wear any service uniform.
The National Assembly is populated with people of little education. The money they should have used to employ legal aides or paralegals, they are using for runz, otherwise anybody sound person would have told them they are on a looonnng thing..
civil servant or public servant it's still doesn't give him the right or the entitlement to the his job for live, he still have to retire at a certain age at some point, which in this case it appears according to the topic he has reached. will he still be in the job at the age of 90? Even when he could not even continue due to his inability to ?

I am not interested in the uniform wearing issues my arguments are on whether he can refuse to retire, can he refuse to retire even when he is due for retirement?
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by sekem: 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
iamnicer:

[s]IN A COUNTRY FILLED WITH EDUCATED AND ENERGETIC YOUTHS[/s]

OLD PRESIDENT CHOOSES TO SORROUND HIMSELF WITH OLD MEN''

In a country filled with lots and lots of UNINTELLIGENT, DOCILE and TOTALLY WASTED YOUTHS... lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Akaujaa(m): 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2017
LawdOfNairaland:

Oga, you are very correct but remember that wisdom is more profitable to direct...we all know the Senate is on a vendetta course but I think Alli should look beyond the current senate and government. Politics is game the ordinary man hardly understands. No matter how we look at it, the senate is wrong but he that goes to equity must have his hands clean from all filthiness.

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by OTEGA1: 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
So y has d Senate not told saraki and others in efcc list to resign??

I already knew d way out when d senate were beating around d bush looking for uniform and left issues to be discussed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by caracas: 7:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
omenkaLives:
Like crazy. cheesy

If I were Ali, I'd focus on confiscating more of their vehicles. Make dem go their worst. grin
I wonder why this guy is always on the wrong side
Abi them fleet inside him head as them born am?
Chai, na wa oooo
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by henryhemon(m): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Comptroller General of the Customs is an attained rank and comes with a uniform and insignia but pretender CG Ali thinks its a paddy paddy apointment thats comes only with fat pay, plenty perks /goodwill and bullet proof 7 series BMW .. Who is decieving who here please ?

Fools who nothing come on NL to make noise,there is no law that says he must wear customs uniform he's a retired military personnel and can't go back to wear customs uniform. The uniform is a distraction to the real issue Saraki 's bullet proof cars and others in high authority came in with fake clearance. Now if a lawmaker breaks the law what remains of our law so in essence laws are made for others but we 're cheering those senators up and we wonder why politicians take us for a ride.

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Ezekielnova: 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
what kind of representatives are we having in supposed respected hallowed chamber? They mean he suddenly became aged and unfit just less one year of the same house confirming his appointment? the earlier we start knowing that they are anti commoners like us that are just there for their sole selfish interest the better. Is it not clear to us that it's all because that their head SP has been touched? may GOD help us in this nation.

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by SalamRushdie: 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
henryhemon:

Fools who nothing come on NL to make noise,there is no law that says he must wear customs uniform he's a retired military personnel and can't go back to wear customs uniform. The uniform is a distraction to the real issue Saraki 's bullet proof cars and others in high authority came in with fake clearance. Now if a lawmaker breaks the law what remains of our law so in essence laws are made for others but we 're cheering those senators up and we wonder why politicians take us for a ride.

May God restore your sense
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by kenneth56: 7:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
Dino during his presentation said that the position of the CG is a rank and anyone who occupies that rank is a civil servant as such Hameed "is not fit to be the CG of Customs" because according to the civil service rule he has passed the civil service retirement age.

they know all this and still clear him during confirmation back....rubbish people..receive sense

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Diamondpicture(m): 8:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
I don't know why you guys keep blaming these man for not wearing uniform have you asked him if he got 1.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Elysianheritage: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=xantin3 post=54837028][/quote]
Attention!!! All Nairalanders be warned this dude is a scammer! Over a week ago, sent this dude N1,500 Mtn recharge cards, after acknowledging same; moments later I called several times; the scumbag wouldn't pick my calls! Please, don't fall for this scam.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by akile21(m): 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
xantin3:
[/quote]
Elysianheritage post=54849136:

Attention!!! All Nairalanders be warned this dude is a scammer! Over a week ago, sent this dude N1,500 Mtn recharge cards, after acknowledging same; moments later I called several times; the scumbag wouldn't pick my calls! Please, don't fall for this scam.
[quote author=xan
tin3 post=54837028]
He's a real scammer. pls don't fall for him...
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Ovamboland(m): 9:54pm On Mar 22, 2017
seguno2:

So why are you implicitly giving excuse for Ali staying on a civil service position beyond retirement age?
Why?

I believe you are smarter than repeating the weak line of civil service age as applicable to a political appointee. Many retired civil servants, policemen, soldiers have been appointed to political post after crossing retirement age.

We know the Senate is populated with intellectually challenged people, tragedy is when otherwise smart youths quote stupid statement from the Senate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by genearts(m): 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2017
simpleseyi:

I thought FFK said that bloody civilian Saraki and bloody civilian Dino should go and handcuff retired Col Hameed Ali and drag Ali to the Senate. FFK wants to use one stone to kill several birds at a time. FKK wants retired Col Hameed Ali to kill both bloody civilians Saraki and Dino and thereafter, FFK will inherit their wives.

Lol

Moral lesson: don't start what you can't finish

2 Likes

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Akainzo(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
gypsey:
civil servant or public servant it's still doesn't give him the right or the entitlement to the his job for live, he still have to retire at a certain age at some point, which in this case it appears according to the topic he has reached. will he still be in the job at the age of 90? Even when he could not even continue due to his inability to ?

I am not interested in the uniform wearing issues my arguments are on whether he can refuse to retire, can he refuse to retire even when he is due for retirement?

What is the retirement age for the President or a Minister, a Governor or Special Assistant?

So long as they are in the job through elections or by appointment of an elected official, there is no age limit.

Only persons answerable to the Public Service Commission have retirement ages.

1 Like

Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by sapele914(m): 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2017
ganye1:
Is that all they can do? If Hameed Ali refuses to resign what would they do?
They will go and report to principal Buhari to tell him to beg his teacher to quit.
Re: "Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss by Kayrich(m): 12:00am On Mar 23, 2017
Vagabonds indeed are these jeun jeun senators. Uniform is there problem to make this country go forward. If he no resign make them sack PMB then. Abi I'm not sure can they sack the CG?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Deployment Of Female Soldiers: Aisha Buhari Is Right - Edward Onoriode / See The Tweet From Federal Ministry Of Communications / Obasanjo Takes Couple's Place At Jonathan's Daughter's Wedding Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.