Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,700 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts (13358 Views)

Defections: The Drama, The Facts / Misinformation: Dino Melaye Arraigned, Granted Bail / PDP Crises Intensify As Aggrieved Party Leaders Plan Parallel Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by Emycord: 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Who unleashed this ipob yoot?
ur very mard what do u have with the lawful organisation ipob. Where in his post do you see him mention ipob
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by NCP: 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
Am Just wakaing pass.

Well ma concern be say No more
F inland
U ganda
C anada
K enya
visas again.
If you get one use am wisely.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by burkingx(f): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
angry

Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by burkingx(f): 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
cheesy

Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by ednut1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
pdp's greatest mistake , not using its ruling power to decimated the opposition, Apc has destroyed them and its people. its over for PDP
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by burkingx(f): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
angry

Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by burkingx(f): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
grin

Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by bizmaster003(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Since the unfortunate judgement of the court of Appeal (PH division) that nullified the May 21, 2016 National Convention of PDP and validated the tenure of the party's National Working Committee that existed prior to May 21, 2016, I deliberately refused to comment on the leadership crises in the party despite seeing series of misinformation and half truths flying across the length and breath of the media, particularly, social media.

I shall in this article, without prejudice, without fear or favor dispel some of these half truths and misinformation, and enlighten Nigerians who may not be in the know on the real issues bedevilling the PDP.

1. Court of Appeal Did Not Validate Sheriff Faction BUT Pre-May 21, 2016 NWC:
I know that this may sound confusing to some people but I'll explain.

Contrary to the widespread position in the media and the rhetorical statements of Ali Modu Sheriff claiming that the Court of Appeal validated their faction, the fact remains that the court only affirmed that the May 21, 2016 convention that sacked/dissolved Sheriff led NWC was illegal due to the party's failure to vacate a Lagos FHC order that Sheriff obtained two days to the convention. The Appeal Court judgement read that the NWC that existed before the convention was held should remain in office until August 2017.

If we are to be fair, the NWC as at then include Sheriff as Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus (Deputy Chairman), Professor Oladipo(National Secretary), Chief Olisa Metu (Publicity Secretary), Mai Baisira (Youth Leader) and several others to make it a total of 19-20 officers.

Instead of obeying the court order, Sheriff has single-handedly appointed his own NWC by recognizing one Dr Cairo as his Deputy, Chief Mikko as Publicity Secretary amongst others in disobedience to the judgment of the court of Appeal. Only 3 persons including Prof. Oladipo (National Secretary), Chief Adeyanju (National Treasurer) and Sheriff were part of the pre-May 21 NWC members that the Court validated that are illegally operating with Sheriff. By virtue of the PDP Constitution, 3 members of NWC cannot form a quorum and take decision for the party.

Like I earlier stated, the APPEAL court did not legitimise Sheriff faction (that included his appointees NWC) but it only ordered maintenance of pre-May 21 NWC.

2. On Governor Seriake Dickson Report:
I was privileged to be present at the submission of the report of PDP standing Reconciliation Committee led by Governor Henry Seriake Dickson to the Ahmed Markafi led National Caretaker Committee at the party's secretariat yesterday (March 22, 2017), which was covered by the media.

The proposal by the Dickson Committee and briefing by the Governor is that all organs of the party, including the youths nominate a certain number of persons that will form members of the Party's convention committee and a written agreement by all those parading as national officeholders within the party stating readiness to quit their positions or claimed positions, which MUST be accompanied by written resignation letter authored by those concerned. The delegates of the convention will be those elected at Congresses prior to May 21, 2016 convention, while 7 states that couldn't conclude their Congresses will be allowed to hold theirs to elect their delegates.

While the Sen. Ahmed Markafi leadership isn't opposed to resigning if organs of the party ask them to, a position that was reiterated by the Chairman, the Sheriff group has consistently shown opposition to that by their insistence of holding convention with their own illegal factional structures that they set up in states.

3. The Leadership Tussle is Between Sheriff And Party Organs Not Markafi:
For emphasis sake, Senator Ahmed Markafi is not dragging any leadership seat with Ali Modu Sheriff, Markafi is only a Caretaker leader, appointed by members of the party through the National Convention to hold sway pending the time for a rescheduled convention. He is answerable to all organs of the party including BoT, Caucus, NASS Caucus, Governors Forum, Youths, Stakeholders etc in all his doings. Ali Modu Sheriff is the one at loggerheads with the party organs including party staffs. In fact, only yesterday, Sheriff illegally advertised non vacant offices of party staffers as vacant, an action that negates labour laws and PDP laws. How can one man fight every organs and institutions of the party?

4. Sheriff is NOT Ready For Peace:
Without prejudice to the bold step taken by HE Seriake Dickson and his Reconciliation team, I have studied events and concluded that Ali Modu Sheriff is interested at ridiculing PDP and some prominent chieftains and not look for a common ground for peace.

This is the same Sheriff that went to court to stop an election into his office in the May 21 Convention despite being the ONLY candidate that stood for the election having printed just a single nomination form, he still denied existence of such order only to bring out a copy of it after seeing that he wouldn't have his way in Portharcourt. This is same man that would absconded from every past reconciliatory moves by party leaders. A man that would rather have the other party to win elections instead of PDP candidates simply because they aren't from his faction.

Finally, I am of the opinion that much energy should be channeled towards prosecuting the case at the Supreme Court and less on the so called political solution, which is mere rhetorical anyway.

The staffs are united with National Caretaker leadership (NCC) , the BoT is with the NCC, the governors, the Senate Caucus, Rep caucus, state party chairmen etc are with the Markafi led NCC, God is with the Markafi led leadership. We shall get justice.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5039380_fbimg1490182444081_jpeg43bbac5a916d80f83aa50db9cd2a5646
Shared on Palmchat

Bros you bought me with this honest write-up....i love this party no matter what. Surely we will get justice
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by burkingx(f): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
grin grin

Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by eph123(f): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
Some of the paid agents have congregated here, with one side accusing the other, hehehe. You all must work hard for your pay so kontinu.
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
bizmaster003:

Bros you bought me with this honest write-up....i love this party no matter what. Surely we will get justice
Amen
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by suremanpatriot: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
No interest
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by Ayomat37(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
PDP should put its house in order and stand up as the opposition
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by buffalowings: 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
this one says
kiss the truth
that one say
kiss the truth

come are your heads paining you

how many times must I kiss the truth

bunch of vipers
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Who unleashed this ipob yoot?
Is he right or wrong? Stop dodging.
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by ndcide(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
Well, this guy wrote in favour of sheriff some time back. Shows how difficult politics can be.

For me, I put a big X on anything sheriff giving his role in Edo and Ondo elections. They can forgive for edo election, but for ondo election, sheriff can't be a member of such party not to talk of being a party leader. I kind of agree with this dude here
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by back2sender: 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
DINO MELAYE IS OUR BELOVED SON IN WHOM WE ARE WELL PLEASED WITH. IGBO PEOPLE FROM INDO-FUCKIN-NESIA REPUBLIC OF UGANDAN.
My in laws always defending evil people and disgracing me like this all the time.
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by louwie(m): 8:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
eph123:
Some of the paid agents have congregated here, with one side accusing the other, hehehe. You all must work hard for your pay so kontinu.

hehehe grin
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by cheezy4real(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

Since the unfortunate judgement of the court of Appeal (PH division) that nullified the May 21, 2016 National Convention of PDP and validated the tenure of the party's National Working Committee that existed prior to May 21, 2016, I deliberately refused to comment on the leadership crises in the party despite seeing series of misinformation and half truths flying across the length and breath of the media, particularly, social media.

I shall in this article, without prejudice, without fear or favor dispel some of these half truths and misinformation, and enlighten Nigerians who may not be in the know on the real issues bedevilling the PDP.

1. Court of Appeal Did Not Validate Sheriff Faction BUT Pre-May 21, 2016 NWC:
I know that this may sound confusing to some people but I'll explain.

Contrary to the widespread position in the media and the rhetorical statements of Ali Modu Sheriff claiming that the Court of Appeal validated their faction, the fact remains that the court only affirmed that the May 21, 2016 convention that sacked/dissolved Sheriff led NWC was illegal due to the party's failure to vacate a Lagos FHC order that Sheriff obtained two days to the convention. The Appeal Court judgement read that the NWC that existed before the convention was held should remain in office until August 2017.

If we are to be fair, the NWC as at then include Sheriff as Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus (Deputy Chairman), Professor Oladipo(National Secretary), Chief Olisa Metu (Publicity Secretary), Mai Baisira (Youth Leader) and several others to make it a total of 19-20 officers.

Instead of obeying the court order, Sheriff has single-handedly appointed his own NWC by recognizing one Dr Cairo as his Deputy, Chief Mikko as Publicity Secretary amongst others in disobedience to the judgment of the court of Appeal. Only 3 persons including Prof. Oladipo (National Secretary), Chief Adeyanju (National Treasurer) and Sheriff were part of the pre-May 21 NWC members that the Court validated that are illegally operating with Sheriff. By virtue of the PDP Constitution, 3 members of NWC cannot form a quorum and take decision for the party.

Like I earlier stated, the APPEAL court did not legitimise Sheriff faction (that included his appointees NWC) but it only ordered maintenance of pre-May 21 NWC.

2. On Governor Seriake Dickson Report:
I was privileged to be present at the submission of the report of PDP standing Reconciliation Committee led by Governor Henry Seriake Dickson to the Ahmed Markafi led National Caretaker Committee at the party's secretariat yesterday (March 22, 2017), which was covered by the media.

The proposal by the Dickson Committee and briefing by the Governor is that all organs of the party, including the youths nominate a certain number of persons that will form members of the Party's convention committee and a written agreement by all those parading as national officeholders within the party stating readiness to quit their positions or claimed positions, which MUST be accompanied by written resignation letter authored by those concerned. The delegates of the convention will be those elected at Congresses prior to May 21, 2016 convention, while 7 states that couldn't conclude their Congresses will be allowed to hold theirs to elect their delegates.

While the Sen. Ahmed Markafi leadership isn't opposed to resigning if organs of the party ask them to, a position that was reiterated by the Chairman, the Sheriff group has consistently shown opposition to that by their insistence of holding convention with their own illegal factional structures that they set up in states.

3. The Leadership Tussle is Between Sheriff And Party Organs Not Markafi:
For emphasis sake, Senator Ahmed Markafi is not dragging any leadership seat with Ali Modu Sheriff, Markafi is only a Caretaker leader, appointed by members of the party through the National Convention to hold sway pending the time for a rescheduled convention. He is answerable to all organs of the party including BoT, Caucus, NASS Caucus, Governors Forum, Youths, Stakeholders etc in all his doings. Ali Modu Sheriff is the one at loggerheads with the party organs including party staffs. In fact, only yesterday, Sheriff illegally advertised non vacant offices of party staffers as vacant, an action that negates labour laws and PDP laws. How can one man fight every organs and institutions of the party?

4. Sheriff is NOT Ready For Peace:
Without prejudice to the bold step taken by HE Seriake Dickson and his Reconciliation team, I have studied events and concluded that Ali Modu Sheriff is interested at ridiculing PDP and some prominent chieftains and not look for a common ground for peace.

This is the same Sheriff that went to court to stop an election into his office in the May 21 Convention despite being the ONLY candidate that stood for the election having printed just a single nomination form, he still denied existence of such order only to bring out a copy of it after seeing that he wouldn't have his way in Portharcourt. This is same man that would absconded from every past reconciliatory moves by party leaders. A man that would rather have the other party to win elections instead of PDP candidates simply because they aren't from his faction.

Finally, I am of the opinion that much energy should be channeled towards prosecuting the case at the Supreme Court and less on the so called political solution, which is mere rhetorical anyway.

The staffs are united with National Caretaker leadership (NCC) , the BoT is with the NCC, the governors, the Senate Caucus, Rep caucus, state party chairmen etc are with the Markafi led NCC, God is with the Markafi led leadership. We shall get justice.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5039380_fbimg1490182444081_jpeg43bbac5a916d80f83aa50db9cd2a5646
Shared on Palmchat

Tonye. I need to talk with you privately. Thanks for your various posts on Nairaland. I need some clarifications on some things outside this post but important. Pls watsapp m on 08037085441. Thanks.
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
cheezy4real:

Tonye. I need to talk with you privately. Thanks for your various posts on Nairaland. I need some clarifications on some things outside this post but important. Pls watsapp m on 08037085441. Thanks.
hope you aren't DSS?
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by mexite: 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Who says this writeup is balanced? It is clear that Tonyebarcanista belongs to the AM faction as every point raised in the above tilts to the favour of Makarfi's PDP. Therefore this subjective piece can never address any misinformation or half truths whatsoever. Yoruba people will say "if you give a mad man a how, he will always hoe to his side".

Soon, we'll see counterclaim from members of Sheriff's faction.

PDP is lost in the middle of the Atlantic. Simple
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
In summary, who is the chairman of PDP? @ OP
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by Escobar7(m): 2:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Following the submissions herein, is Sherriff then not actually playing out the predictions and allegations of his opposition that he is being used by APC leadership to destabilize PDP from repositioning itself in 2019? The acceptance or rejection of the Report and recommendations will show us who the real enemies of PDP are? For Nigerian democracy to be sound, incumbent govt must be checked by a solid opposition.
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by ekhai(m): 6:40am On Mar 29, 2017
THE TRUTH IS BELOW
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by bizzibodi(m): 9:09am On Mar 29, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
This your proposal na setback for democracy o.

Unfortunately for you, only the National Convention can dissolve the party as we have met all INEC requirement cheesy
Iz pdp democratic?
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by bizzibodi(m): 9:15am On Mar 29, 2017
pdp has not learn any lesson,impunity,backstabbing,imposition,lawlessness will eventually disintergrate this demonic party.
Re: PDP Crises: The Misinformation, The Truth And The Facts by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
I'm already 75% apc so if you don't give me Sherriff then bye bye... I don't work with cheats

(1) (2) (Reply)

N88bn compensation: FG yet to pay us — Biafra war victims / Peter Obi Sends New Year Message To Nigerians / PDP Wins Majority Seats In Delta Assembly. PDP 22, APC 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.