Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,559 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Things Change After Marriage? (41041 Views)

Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Why Do People Change After Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by YourImaginaryBF: 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

You end up with the better and stay committed to him or her
Like Renee said, you never know which would be better until you're in it
ReneeNuttall:

Truth is people sometimes hide their true identity, till after marriage. You know that u can't know everything about someone until u start cohabiting with d person.

It all depends on you to make it work

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ElsonMorali: 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2017
Yorubas have a saying

Death is different from sleep o.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:

On us buddy
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:

U mean both parties involve right?
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by YourImaginaryBF: 11:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Tajbol4splend:

On us buddy
In a case where one of the duo are no longer interested. Someone has to do something to calm the situation
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
In a case where one of the duo are no longer interested. Someone has to do something to calm the situation

Of course but in case of having a rebellious partner
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

It works better
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by YourImaginaryBF: 11:56pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Of course but in case of having a rebellious partner
then you try to change them. you don't just call it quits because you don't like somethings about your partner. there's no such thing as a perfect relationship
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

It works better
ok
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
then you try to change them. you don't just call it quits because you don't like somethings about your partner. there's no such thing as a perfect relationship

I will not marry a girl that does not want my family

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by YourImaginaryBF: 12:04am On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

I will not marry a girl that does not want my family
there's got to be a reason to why she does not want your family, what if your family's attitude towards her is not pleasing but you both love each other? Would you leave her?
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 12:11am On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

You know having more than one gf or bf can be of an advantage sometimes but when one is doing it for the right reason
Bros, don't let your babe see this comment oooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by mikolo80: 1:23am On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
May God bless you my sister.. Marriage opens people's eyes to reality while courtship may not
na dem no wan see
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by mikolo80: 1:24am On Mar 26, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
I have seen couples who courted for 10years only to get married and break up months later. There are alot of responsibilities that come with getting married that most new couples will have a hard time facing
not by quantity quality time spent together
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by mikolo80: 1:25am On Mar 26, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Truth is people sometimes hide their true identity, till after marriage. You know that u can't know everything about someone until u start cohabiting with d person.
na you no wan find out or you close your eyes
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:26am On Mar 26, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
there's got to be a reason to why she does not want your family, what if your family's attitude towards her is not pleasing but you both love each other? Would you leave her?

I trust the kind of family I come from, that's why I said it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:27am On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Bros, don't let your babe see this comment oooo cheesy cheesy

Haha, lol
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Juliearth(f): 4:45am On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
I have seen people who claimed to be in love with themselves before marriage but you see them having a lot of disputes after getting married, I ask myself why this should be, I ask if it is still the same two people who used to do things together, who used to show love in different ways, all of a sudden at the time when the love is supposed to be at climax, they start having problems they never used to have before marriage, things then change, they then change.

Well what I think that causes this is that most people in relationships don't pay attention to necessary details about their partners.

Nairaland veterans and geniuses over to you, what do you think brings this bitterness into marriage between two people who have claimed to be lovers before their marriage

I think people rush into marriage with the wrong perspective. Ladies always have that fantasy of a happy-ever-after marriage (too much of hollywood I pressume).
Another factor is that people rush into marriage for the wrong reasons and when these reasons do not suffice, things may take an ugly turn.
Above all,I would say that when a couple waste the entire period of their dating and courtship on copulation,pizza and shawarma,that marriage may likely develope some faults.
My admonition is this: Marry your best friend cos at some point in a marriage,love might be lost,but friendship will get things going. Do not expect too much of your spouse. I am not saying you should downgrade him or think less of him,but appreciate his efforts though little...Appreciate his/her flaws cos there is no such thing as a perfect man/woman... Lastly,no third parties.

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Cusan: 4:54am On Mar 26, 2017
After marriage things are taken for granted

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 26, 2017
Cusan:
After marriage things are taken for granted

That's it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Abidx22(m): 6:36am On Mar 26, 2017
All but one major issue is left untouched which to me is the most important reason why a marriage might crumble without it seeing the light of the day. This hotcake for a successful marriage is PRAYER. We seem blindfolded by love and an atmospheric expectation that we fail to commit our affairs unto the hand of our LORD before forging ahead believing that things will automatically play out. My people marriage is not a movie or some Hollywood stunt but rather a reality show hanging around our neck.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 6:45am On Mar 26, 2017
Juliearth:

I think people rush into marriage with the wrong perspective. Ladies always have that fantasy of a happy-ever-after marriage (too much of hollywood I pressume).
Another factor is that people rush into marriage for the wrong reasons and when these reasons do not suffice, things may take an ugly turn.
Above all,I would say that when a couple waste the entire period of their dating and courtship on copulation,pizza and shawarma,that marriage may likely develope some faults.
My admonition is this: Marry your best friend cos at some point in a marriage,love might be lost,but friendship will get things going. Do not expect too much of your spouse. I am not saying you should downgrade him or think less of him,but appreciate his efforts though little...Appreciate his/her flaws cos there is no such thing as a perfect man/woman... Lastly,no third parties.

Almost looks like you mean love between two people fades but friendship they may have built lasts

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by AbdulKaybee: 7:00am On Mar 26, 2017
Well, some relationships are based on lust and not love.... After they're tired of the lust, the relationship ends.

There are some questions they should have discussed before marriage. You can click on it to check out the questions.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by jericco1(m): 7:12am On Mar 26, 2017
Marriage is an institution, thus very dynamic. Love is only a part of it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Juliearth(f): 7:51am On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Almost looks like you mean love between two people fades but friendship they may have built lasts

Absolutely!
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 8:09am On Mar 26, 2017
Juliearth:

Oooooh this is brilliant
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by dhardline(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2017
Abidx22:
All but one major issue is left untouched which to me is the most important reason why a marriage might crumble without it seeing the light of the day. This hotcake for a successful marriage is PRAYER. We seem blindfolded by love and an atmospheric expectation that we fail to commit our affairs unto the hand of our LORD before forging ahead believing that things will automatically play out. My people marriage is not a movie or some Hollywood stunt but rather a reality show hanging around our neck.

Prayer does go a long way especially if the foundation is built properly. Most relationships that start with sex can make both parties not to see each other's faults or rather think they can manage the faults. Marriage is really hard work and for me my major desire is to marry a lady who sincerely loves God cause when you really love God then you can be reasoned with no matter the situation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2017
Juliearth:

Absolutely!

I think I can afford your point
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:35am On Mar 26, 2017
dhardline:

Prayer does go a long way especially if the foundation is built properly. Most relationships that start with sex can make both parties not to see each other's faults or rather think they can manage the faults. Marriage is really hard work and for me my major desire is to marry a lady who sincerely loves God cause when you really love God then you can be reasoned with no matter the situation.

Remember we have people who love God but who don't understand God's take on romantic relationships

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by dhardline(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

Remember we have people who love God but who don't understand God's take on romantic relationships

Then that person is a hypocrite who only claims with the mouth to love God but with the heart despises His ways. Think about it, if you really love someone you will do everything possible to please him. You want to know more about him and will do whatever the person asks you to do.

Now place God in that context. smiley

Hence the person will want and seek to know everything concerning relationships according to God's way.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:02am On Mar 26, 2017
mikolo80:
na you no wan find out or you close your eyes
Are you now saying u are a mind reader or a monitoring spirit?....I am not understanding
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2017
There's a popular saying - love is blind, marriage will open your eyes.

I've always believed love isn't enough for marriage.
Friendship for me is number one.
Marry someone that compliments you. someone who balances out were you're inadequate.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Beat Up My Husband Anytime He Demands Sex – Wife / Funny Questions Kids Ask And Your Response / Woman Poses With Her Two Set Of Twins, All Boys (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.