Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,672 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Things Change After Marriage? (41050 Views)

Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Why Do People Change After Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by mikolo80: 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

pls enough with the polite insult.
not an insult if it's true and you know it is
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ReneeNuttall(f): 1:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
mikolo80:
not an insult if it's true and you know it is

please keep that to urself, I don't bloody care.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Bamidupe20(f): 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2017
sheeda995:

I do sleep off while chatting with my guy,he doesn't like it,because that's our only chance of talking better,as either am busy or he is during the day,but from 8upwards we try to chat.I sleep off almost every time we do, even on calls,does that make me a bad person?
i was once like that but we both agreed to check up on each other during the day even if its just a message saying hello....then babe..u have to be ready to make the sacrifice of staying up a little bit late.....communication is indeed important if you want your relationship to work.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by mikolo80: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

please keep that to urself, I don't bloody care.
o look who's throwing a tantrum.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Abidx22(m): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
dhardline:

Prayer does go a long way especially if the foundation is built properly. Most relationships that start with sex can make both parties not to see each other's faults or rather think they can manage the faults. Marriage is really hard work and for me my major desire is to marry a lady who sincerely loves God cause when you really love God then you can be reasoned with no matter the situation.
You just hit the nail on the head. BTW, loving God is a responsibility of the two parties to a marriage.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by peacettw: 11:32am On Mar 28, 2017
Nothing changes. We can only effect the change we want. If you want a happy home, then work for it. Most importantly, never ever rely on your spouse or any other being or material for your happiness and that includes the church. If you can't generate happiness within you, then be ready for tons of disappointment.

If you have mastered the art of always being at peace, you will in turn generate peace and happiness.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by AmALeo: 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
sheeda995:

I do sleep off while chatting with my guy,he doesn't like it,because that's our only chance of talking better,as either am busy or he is during the day,but from 8upwards we try to chat.I sleep off almost every time we do, even on calls,does that make me a bad person?

Everyone's expectations are different, I can only imagine how he feels. If you can stay awake for exams, then you should when a partner needs you to..... Keep it at the back of your mind that it's important to him that's why he's complaining and also every relationship is all about making sacrifices... You need to prioritise him above your sleep if you really want to maintain the relationship.. . Many more will come along the way
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by sheeda995(f): 7:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
AmALeo:

Everyone's expectations are different, I can only imagine how he feels. If you can stay awake for exams, then you should when a partner needs you to..... Keep it at the back of your mind that it's important to him that's why he's complaining and also every relationship is all about making sacrifices... You need to prioritise him above your sleep if you really want to maintain the relationship.. . Many more will come along the way
Ahh, you wann to kill me? Is it me that is taking myself to sleep?The sleep just come in, even during my exams in night class,after reading a page, I will doze off, wake up back to continue till I cover up what I need to cover
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by teegurl2(f): 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
wealthygem:
I meditated on this few months back, I have come to realize that two ppl coming together as one requires alot of compromising and sacrifices to be made.
Your normal routine lifestyle would be altered just to satisfy n show you love your partner but where the issue comes is we are thinking in our heart why is he or her not doing d compromising for me if he say he or she claims to love me?
We tend to enjoy our marriage the more at the level at which we compromise and sacrifice for each other and the one that does the compromising and sacrifices the most is the matured one in the marriage until the other party knows better, the answer to your question is both parties don't want to compromise n sacrifice they are expecting the other person to do it which won't make them come to terms with each other.
U nailed it. These are exactly my thoughts. God bless u

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Poses With Her Two Set Of Twins, All Boys (Photos) / I Saw Indecency In My Sister's Phone. What Should I Do To Her? / Yoruba Actress' Husband Impregnates Another Woman - TribuneOnlineng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.