Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,320 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Things Change After Marriage? (41033 Views)

Banker Commits Suicide After Marriage He Took N3M Loan Crashed After 2 Months / Husbands, Have You Noticed That Women Change After Wedding? / Why Do People Change After Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
dhardline:

Then that person is a hypocrite who only claims with the mouth to love God but with the heart despises His ways. Think about it, if you really love someone you will do everything possible to please him. You want to know more about him and will do whatever the person asks you to do.

Now place God in that context. smiley

Hence the person will want and seek to know everything concerning relationships according to God's way.

Some people truly love God but don't know him
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Epraize(m): 3:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by madgoat(m): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Marriage is for suckers. Why would a man want to stay legally tied to the same or several vaginas for life when he can be free and straff as many as he likes without legal commitment.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by dammiedot(m): 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
Couple ain't always in love with each other every moment of the marriage , but what keeps them together is commitment. Love will always flauntuate, but commitment keeps them focus. And if you ain't married or experienced marriage before, there is really no advice you can give about marriage, forget what you read in marriage books or what you saw in the movies. Marriage is a totally different ball game. You can have an idea of what you want it to look like. It you will only truly understand it when your married not even when your just courting or dating .

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by nkemjacob2(m): 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
For tins to change abruptly, the both neva understood themselves. During court ship, they were deceiving themselves. If cases like happens dey shud go and discover solve their differences.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Though I'm not married neither am I a relationship expert but I think I can answer this question...

I think people go into marriage with high hopes and expectations on how they've always pictured it on Nollywood movies, or how they've been fantasizing their friend's marriage and thus, short of perceived expections trigger enmity and contempt among couples.

People go into marriage with the notion that marriage is a magician that completely changes people without knowing that it sometimes does not. What you can't change at puberty, a mere RING cannot/may not change it.

Thats why it's said that LOVE is not enough to make someone your life partner because there are other basic things that should be taken into considerations, and failure to do so makes you vulnerable to marital issues..

When people get married, their eyes begin to open to reality after which they get to realize that they ought to have married someone better, someone that will not hide her character just to earn a ring from someone. They begin to see some flaws in their partner which LOVE blindfolded them from seeing during courtship

In a nutshell, marriage is an eye opener. This is not the matter of satan or witches and wizards in your village

Omo, na u for be the OP. Na this kind topic u like smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by godunia(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
We all wear mask which we remove when we eventually get married. This is responsible for the change observed. Sometimes we hear words like if I knew you were like this I won't even marry you. Ogbeni e don late

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by divinelove(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
I have seen people who claimed to be in love with themselves before marriage but you see them having a lot of disputes after getting married, I ask myself why this should be, I ask if it is still the same two people who used to do things together, who used to show love in different ways, all of a sudden at the time when the love is supposed to be at climax, they start having problems they never used to have before marriage, things then change, they then change.

Well what I think that causes this is that most people in relationships don't pay attention to necessary details about their partners.

Nairaland veterans and geniuses over to you, what do you think brings this bitterness into marriage between two people who have claimed to be lovers before their marriage

BC love is nt enough, compatible n substance is more impt than love dt is bound to Change with the weather.
Finally u need money, money and more money to run a sweet home grin grin grin

Marriage can be very boring BC both parties are usually laid back n makes no effort at romance again angry angry angry

Monotony

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Wiseoldman: 3:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
Tajbol4splend:

A reason why I would not marry someone I can't tolerate for all Bill Gates money

I'm not sure you can comprehend all of bill gates money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
Cause alot pretend and go all out to get the lady or guy
Once they are married thats the end of it ....... no more spice grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by RELAN2446(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nawao, c reasonable comment. So pple wey gt brain lyk dis dey nairaland. GOD have mercy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by vickydevoka(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
YourImaginaryBF:
I have seen couples who courted for 10years only to get married and break up months later. There are alot of responsibilities that come with getting married that most new couples will have a hard time facing
na lie. U be de couple? watin b dere name
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by MrTypist: 3:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
Love don't love forever.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Ruler2: 3:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
cool
Young03:
One of the major reason why i will not marry my gf

when tyme to marry reach i go just go another place find girl wey i never do things with before
shocked cry
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by flyDixon: 3:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Young03:
One of the major reason why i will not marry my gf

when tyme to marry reach i go just go another place find girl wey i never do things with before

Why not let her go then, don't waste her time.... To spend your later days well don't cheat anyone, besides a woman's scorn is deadly
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by frankwyte: 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
No matter how you look at it, i speak as married man with kids but there are ingredients that makes marriages work.
These are Love for each other, i.e letting go even when it's inconvenient.
Communication as often as possible i.e engaging in discussion that shows respect and care
Praying together, house that prays together stays together.
Sincerity! i.e openness
Under your limit in all dispute.

God bless us

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by ayusco85(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
thesicilian:
Nothing lasts forever, love is not enough to keep a marriage, a couple also has to be compactible in many other aspects

Compatible not the one u spelt

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Snow5(m): 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Marriages that are broken easily these days are marriages of the slaying queens and pepper dem gang ladies...

Why the beard gang niggas that aren't ripe for marriage but thinks marriage is the sole end of a man ends up not being able to control their home or mend things...

As a married couples... There are things you over look and there some thing you don't even look at all. Not to talk of over look...

You hardly see a matured guy of 35yrs and above and 28-32yrs old lady getting married then breaking up withing short time..

These breakage are common with overgrown men that are still babies and feminist ladies that are under 25 and knows nothing about life...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Enemyofpeace: 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
One major reason why things change in marriage is because most people pretend during courtship.

Some people build their relationships on deceit

Some people listen to the third party especially their pastors, parents and friends

Some people use other people's marriage as a yardstick to measure their marriage

Abeg the reason plenty job but chop and clean mouth too dry sweet outside marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by zinnywonders(f): 3:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
Most people live a pretentious life during relationships which is very bad cos of fear of being dumped.
Most relationship lack trust and communication which is very important and some people get blind to the most essential things in marriage cos they're eager to get married.

My marriage isn't perfect, but am grateful to God that in every challenges of marriage, the maturity, understanding, wisdom and communication we do settle our disputes amazes me. It doesn't take up to an hour and everything will be settled and working on each other's weakness not using it as a weapon.

To the singles out there, don't be afraid of getting married...pls be real in ur relationships and believe if it doesn't work out, that means you're not predestined to be together and always remember that a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.

Marriage is enjoyable when you're married to ur God given man.. .. pls choose wisely!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by shabidu(m): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
The reasons are not far from the following : 1. Fake life during courtship. That is both the girl and guy claim who the are not. 2. Lack of understanding. 3. Poor communication. 4. Considering marriage as only enjoyment venture without accepting the Realities of life and so on
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by sirhamilton(m): 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
I think it's all about finding out your partners fault and asking yourself if you can tolerate them all your life. But then finding out these so called flaws can take time. In most cases even if you're sherlock Holmes there are some things you won't know about your partner till after marriage.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by wealthygem(f): 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
I meditated on this few months back, I have come to realize that two ppl coming together as one requires alot of compromising and sacrifices to be made.
Your normal routine lifestyle would be altered just to satisfy n show you love your partner but where the issue comes is we are thinking in our heart why is he or her not doing d compromising for me if he say he or she claims to love me?
We tend to enjoy our marriage the more at the level at which we compromise and sacrifice for each other and the one that does the compromising and sacrifices the most is the matured one in the marriage until the other party knows better, the answer to your question is both parties don't want to compromise n sacrifice they are expecting the other person to do it which won't make them come to terms with each other.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by kosisokosi48(m): 3:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Things will always change married or not ...can change for gud or bad !...
Depending of gods of other land u signed! !! wink
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by tealaw(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
You dont need to be a marriage expert to know why marriages dont last.
A lot of ppl go into marriage with the other cos of wrong reasons. Number one is common with women. They leave someone for another cos of money. And sometimes they go for elderly people, who most of the time cant satisfy them well in most aspect. I have seen a lady who went for an older guy when the guy hit sudden cash from drugs. After money finished, reality set in. The lady started noticing that the guy was old and disgusting. I have also seen men who go into relationships cos the lady is endowed. They for all those things na packaging. Na Girdle hold everthing up. Some get married to fat ladies to later discover they never should have.
In our case in naija, that thing of getting married b4 sex or before being allowed to live together also ficks everything up.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by wristbangle: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Though I'm not married neither am I a relationship expert but I think I can answer this question... As per say me sef no be small pikin again nah cheesy

Well, I think people go into marriage with high hopes and expectations of how they've always pictured it on Nollywood movies, how people describe the beauty of marriage, and how they've been fantasizing the marriage of other people and thus, short of expections trigger disappointment, enmity and disinterest among couples.

Most people tend overlook the flaws of their partners during courtship and take a bumpy ride into marriage with the ideology that marriage is a "magician" that completely changes or transforms people, without knowing that things sometimes do not happen that way... What you can't change at puberty, a mere RING cannot/may not change it.

Thats why it's said that LOVE is not enough to make someone your life partner, because there are other basic things that should be taken into considerations, and failure to do so makes your marriage vulnerable to chaos and abuse

When people get married, their eyes begin to open to reality after which they will get to realize that they ought to have married someone better, someone that will not hide her character just to earn a ring from someone. They begin to see some flaws in their partner which LOVE blindfolded them from seeing during courtship

In a nutshell, marriage is an eye opener. This is not the matter of satan or witches and wizards in your village firing boe and arrow at you

There are no better ways to analyse the reasons u just gave. Nice one bro.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by YeyeGirl(f): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
Marriage just dey lyk PH and GH.... U pledge ur love nd Get hurt later....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
the main reason is pretence. lovers pretend to eachother before the marriage so as to be taken as eligible marriage candidate. they want to be seen as a perfect individual, hiding their flaws and failing to take note of the bad attributes possessed by their partner. it can be likened to an exam, students get serious before an exam, after the exam they become unserious and throw caution to the wind. for me i like to spot the bad behaviour in a girl, get her angry and see her reaction. being sweet all the time wont make you see things you ought to see

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Omoluabi16(m): 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
Different factors, most of which are obvious.
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
This is an advice for those that would want to get married in the future.
Before you decide to marry someone, try and project your selves in 10 years. At that 10-year mark, assume the physical attributes of your spouse will be less than stellar, there may be one or two habits that irritates you about your spouse, and money may be tight due to expenses on children.
With all these in mind, candidly ask and answer your self if you can still enjoy living with your spouse, and if you can still enjoy spending some quality time with your spouse, as you think you would now.
Make your choice based on the result of your introspection.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by shehuolayinka(m): 3:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Infatuation
Tajbol4splend:

Why does one have to pretend to be in love with someone you have not ever loved
Re: Why Do Things Change After Marriage? by tosyne2much(m): 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Omo, na u for be the OP. Na this kind topic u like smiley
Egbon, I finish work abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Beat Up My Husband Anytime He Demands Sex – Wife / Funny Questions Kids Ask And Your Response / Woman Poses With Her Two Set Of Twins, All Boys (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.