Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,565 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe (21311 Views)

Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern? / Sad But True: Igbo Would Support Yoruba / Igbo Would Have Been Boast Of Building Peace Instead Of Wealth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Inspectorsuga(m): 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:

Young man ask that criminal in kuje what he's passing through right now.

for calling our great country a zoo
Please keep quiet for once if u have no meaningful contribution...biko

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Odkosh: 1:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
babatunx:

Lol...A.Y pumpy....u really get 4 mudslinging here......
Mr segun, how you take know say na me?. how far na. u no dey even comment here.
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Timbuktuo: 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
cstr151:

What national clout did osibanjo have before he became vice president?
What were his antecedents and achievements in the realm of public service?
What was buhari achievements since he left the seat of power in the 80s.?
You are not serious in that country

So, why was no igbo man picked? Why was Oba Sanyo picked by PDP kingmakers? Name an igbo man on Obasanjo's level in 1999. Why was he sent to jail? Why was no igbo man sent to jail on "trumped up" coup-plotting charges?

Buhari had been contesting since 2003. Name one igbo man who has contested four times for presidency. I dare you to name just one. Even Atiku has been hovering about like a vulture. Name one igbo man who has been hovering like Atiku. People are making moves for 2019 now, and we haven't heard of any igbo man save for Ifeanyi Ubah the TAN Ambassador who has unceremoniously detached from PDP, shunned APGA and clung to APC.

It is you and your people who are ignorant and unserious. If you want the presidency you will have to fight for it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by cstr151: 1:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Timbuktuo:

So, why was no igbo man picked? Why was Oba Sanyo picked by PDP kingmakers? Name an igbo man on Obasanjo's level in 1999. Why was he sent to jail? Why was no igbo man sent to jail on "trumped up" coup-plotting charges?

Bugatti had
You still fail to answer my question.
What national clout did osibanjo have before assuming the VP?. So your premise is wrong.
It is not a question of national clout.
It is the southern candidate that would provide the north the greater chance of maintaining control at that point in time. That is the common denominator. If you think the SW controls anything, then you are deluded. The saraki-tinubu saga and the way they the north rallied round saraki should have taught you guys a thing or two.
If the winds of politics change as they will inevitable do, the South east may be the ones in the driving seat if they manage to sort out their differences with the north.
I hope you will still yap about how there is no south westerner with national clout, instead of cry about marginalization like afenifere did under jonathan.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Daplux4: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:

says who ?

please stop misleading the public Igbo are different from Ipob

Igbo are great and industrious people
while Ipob is a criminal and terrorist group.
lead by a certified criminal kanu

when Yoruba talks by their statement u shall know them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by nku5: 1:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
This clown called Joke Igbokwe must have been conceived by rotten semen.

Igbos are interested in restructuring this federation not any silly presidency. The fact that he is a proud slave of Tinubu is his own reality and business. E no concern us

Just see the goat saying that Igbos "missed chance to cement ties with yorubas" by not supporting MKO and his June 12 mandate except for him grin and few other igbos. The list of prominent igbos who threw their weight behind June 12 is very long and Joke Igbokwe is not among. Thunder fire his sellout monkey arse grin grin

A man that is a total nobody in his village trying to speak on our behalf.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by nku5: 1:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:

says who ?

Have you set foot on Igbo soil in your life?

If IPOB gives a stay at home order you would be astonished at the intricacy of organisation and dedication from ward level and upwards. Keep deceiving yourself sha

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Nwachineke1980: 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
What did Obasanjo do for the Igbos?Obasanjo started and completed the dualization of Onitsha -Owerri road.Obasanjo started the Alaoji power station(completed by Jonathan).If Obasanjo (a Yoruba President)is a stooge ,what will you call Tinubu(present Yoruba leader) and Igbokwe?.How can Okorocha be the smartest Igbo politician ,when Buhari rejected his only nominee for the position of the deputy house leader?Presently,Omo state only has a junior minister of education(the guy is even a professor,while the senior minister is a journalist from the North).And the big question,can you tell me what the Yoruba's have gained in Buhari government?

=
7lives:

This is precisely what Igbokwe was saying, Yoruba's did not believe in Obasanjo, so they voted Olu Falae who participate is June 12 struggle.
Obasanjo was never a part of the struggle, he contributed nothing and so was seen as a stooge of the northern oligarchs. So they voted against him, Yorubas who voted against Obj were right weren't they?.
The Easterners who voted and even rigged Obj in, what did Obj contribute to their region?.
Politics is not played by unintelligent people, the decision of SW rep to make Tambuwal the speaker of the house of reps, by vote against Mulikat, who is a useless luggage anyway, was what destroyed PDP.
Okorocha that some people are making mockery of is actually the smartest Igbo politician at the moment, I won't tell you why, you will eventually find out.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Timbuktuo: 2:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
cstr151:

You still fail to answer my question.
What national clout did osibanjo have before assuming the VP?. So your premise is wrong.
It is not a question of national clout.
It is the southern candidate that would provide the north the greater chance of maintaining control at that point in time. That is the common denominator. If you think the SW controls anything, then you are deluded. The saraki-tinubu saga and the way they the north rallied round saraki should have taught you guys a thing or two.
If the winds of politics change as they will inevitable do, the South east may be the ones in the driving seat if they manage to sort out their differences with the north.
I hope you will still yap about how there is no south westerner with national clout, instead of cry about marginalization like afenifere did under jonathan.

Do not presume to know what I'm thinking, I have spoken in clear English. There is no SWer who will tell you we control anything.

Osibanjo is VP because of Tinubu's clout. So, I ask again, show me an igbo man with Tinubu's clout. It's OK if you people don't care for such things, but you cannot tell me you have no such clout because you are being purposely stifled by outside forces. The only reason you people are nothing to reckon with politically is solely a result of your own lethargy.

Per Saraki, I would appreciate proof from you showing that he was regarded anyway in SW politics. I have always thought Kwara to be northern stronghold but I'm not above correction. Please, oblige.

Afenifere is a pressure group / political jobbers. They really do not speak for the SW, even though they claim to do. How many youruba people have you heard crying marginalisation ever? That is strictly IPOB territory. We know all politicians are cut from the same greedy and avaricious cloth, we have no pretences that any politician from our tribe means anything good for the tribe. At the end of the day, it's just a job for them, a means to line their pockets with as much of the commonwealth as possible.

Fortune favours the brave, which politically the SE hasn't been in decades. If the SE matures and wins because of their effort as any right-thinking human should, I promise you will not hear rubbish cries of marginalisation from SW. Even in the Obasanjo years when he tried to bully Tinubu, we dug our heels and kept at the game. That is what I expect from a tribe who pride themselves on bravery and hardwork, not bitchîng like toddlers.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Niyinficient:

Lol! May you never reap the goodies of the Yorubas...in whateva way, wateva form so DAT you won't b infected by their pungent odour.

If u do any business wit anyone of Yoruba extraction anywhr in d world, you won't succeed, If a Yoruba man is destined to have a hand in your success, he/she will by systematically taken off your life. No business or venture u take aim at in any Yoruba state will yield profit. Any of your endeavour wit any 'Ndi Ofe' will end in regrets. So shall it be.

I like your outspokenness about your assumed enemies, keep it up bro.

Sir.... You forgot to tell him that he foolishly registered on a website owned by a Yoruba called Seun Osewa.

I think that's the height of foolishness. Every click makes the Yoruba he hates so much even richer.

It surprises me when those Igbos are always too afraid to attack the Hausa Fulani who deal with them on a regular basis. It is Yoruba that they prefer to face because they are peace-loving
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by NovusHomo(m): 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Samirana360:
we dnt need presidency ....all we want is freedom...period

So take it!. What are you waiting for? Who is stopping you? Remember, freedom is never given. You either earn it, or fight for it. The choice is always yours; always.
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Ngokafor(f): 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Niyinficient:

Lol! May you never reap the goodies of the Yorubas...in whateva way, wateva form so DAT you won't b infected by their pungent odour.

If u do any business wit anyone of Yoruba extraction anywhr in d world, you won't succeed, If a Yoruba man is destined to have a hand in your success, he/she will by systematically taken off your life. No business or venture u take aim at in any Yoruba state will yield profit. Any of your endeavour wit any 'Ndi Ofe' will end in regrets. So shall it be.

....I donk know why you guys heap curses like babalawos and native doctors chanting incantations at the slightest disagreement angry...What has brought about this rubbish now??.Has any Igbo person cursed your brothers who had said crap about Igbos here too??....You guys just love to curse,curse and more curses..na real wa.

@topic Joe Igbokwe should please stop making noise and contest for Presidency in 2019 or 2023,i am sure Yorubas and Hausa would vote for him..yeye man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by NovusHomo(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
ipobbigot7:
make i go church come back, because this is my area of interest.

So stay and contribute. You won't learn anything in Church, and you will lose your money too.
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Ngokafor(f): 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Blue3k:
I honestly feel like non igbos are more obsessed about Igbo presidency than igbos. Lol writing articles examining issue from every angle. Why we need, don't need, should of had if, presidency or biafra etc. I think websites just writing these just to drive traffic to site.

...I think so too..They appear to be more bothered than Igbos themselves and i understand why.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Oblang(m): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
sanpipita:

No Igbo is shouting marginalization, only self seeking politicians are doing that, by the way the Nigerian state marginalizes everyone unless you are part of the elite and powerful ones

Then why are u d loudest of marginalization chants when u know Nigerian state marginalizes everyone? Let buhari appoint some northerners today,ur likes will start shouting northernization agenda upandan...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by babatunx(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Odkosh:
Mr segun, how you take know say na me?. how far na. u no dey even comment here.
As I see "kosh", I know say na u....I no get tym to dey comment Ni o...
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by ceaz4r(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
@OP
Nigeria should KEEP THEIR PRESIDENCY!! Other ethnic groups that have been producing the Presidents have NOT progressed more than the Igbos. BIAFRANS WANT OUT. Period!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by sukkot: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Joavid:

now you have been noticed...run along.

shocked
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Honesty007(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
late Ojukwu was right about saying the northerners just wanted to be ruling this country all the time.but do you know why awolowo said they should not give food to the igbos?
it was because when the war started and got to the hot peak,the igbos attacked the yoruba'r at owo and ore.instead of joining together to fight the hausa fulani they attacked.my mother told me how she was young then and how they still hid and took care of some igbo people.however what is painful is this betrayal after betrayal.igbos betrayed yoruba ,before we betrayed them.
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by sukkot: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
successmatters:
Who cares? 

All the tribes ruling since the past 57 years, how market?

Does it stop the armies of almajiris and litany of beggars from filling up the north?

or does it stop ritual killing to make money and save their families from hunger in Ondo and yorubaland? 

Did all the years yoruba ruled made then to even pay common salaries. 

We need Biafra Mr Igbokwe YORUBAKWE
CORRECTED

1 Like

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by cstr151: 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Timbuktuo:

Do not presume to know what I'm thinking, I have spoken in clear English. There is no SWer who will tell you we control anything.

Osibanjo is VP because of Tinubu's clout. So, I ask again, show me an igbo man with Tinubu's clout. It's OK if you people don't care for such things, but you cannot tell me you have no such clout because you are being purposely stifled by outside forces. The only reason you people are nothing to reckon with politically is solely a result of your own lethargy.

Per Saraki, I would appreciate proof from you showing that he was regarded anyway in SW politics. I have always thought Kwara to be northern stronghold but I'm not above correction. Please, oblige.

Afenifere is a pressure group / political jobbers. They really do not speak for the SW, even though they claim to do. How many youruba people have you heard crying marginalisation ever? That is strictly IPOB territory. We know all politicians are cut from the same greedy and avaricious cloth, we have no pretences that any politician from our tribe means anything good for the tribe. At the end of the day, it's just a job for them, a means to line their pockets with as much of the commonwealth as possible.

Fortune favours the brave, which politically the SE hasn't been in decades. If the SE matures and wins because of their effort as any right-thinking human should, I promise you will not hear rubbish cries of marginalisation from SW. Even in the Obasanjo years when he tried to bully Tinubu, we dug our heels and kept at the game. That is what I expect from a tribe who pride themselves on bravery and hardwork, not bitchîng like toddlers.
We are saying the same, mr man.
Your tinubu's clout is restricted to the south west. He has zero influence in the SS, SE and the north if we are to be honest.
He has the entire south-west in his pockets and that means yoruba mass vote for any northern consensus candidate who manages to bring tinubu onboard.
That is the only reason why he is tolerated by the north. His ability to whip south-western votes enmass plays into maintaining northern control of the polity. Ofcourse they would throw him a bone or two to keep him just satisfied.
If we can get an igbo leader that controls the SE like ojukwu and azikiwe did, your tinubu would become irrelevant very quickly or atleast not as important as he pretends to be. And that is what okorocha wants to do

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Butterworth: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
sarrki:

says who ?

And you are the spokesperson for the Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Nobody: 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
Joe Igbokwe is a bastard and an outcast who eats the poo of his task masters. For your information, I did not read a word of what that idiot had to say. Crucify me and die!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Odkosh: 7:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
babatunx:
As I see "kosh", I know say na u....I no get tym to dey comment Ni o...
lol, na only reading u dey read?.
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Timbuktuo: 7:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
cstr151:

We are saying the same, mr man.
Your tinubu's clout is restricted to the south west. He has zero influence in the SS, SE and the north if we are to be honest.
He has the entire south-west in his pockets and that means yoruba mass vote for any northern consensus candidate who manages to bring tinubu onboard.
That is the only reason why he is tolerated by the north. His ability to whip south-western votes enmass plays into maintaining northern control of the polity. Ofcourse they would throw him a bone or two to keep him just satisfied.
If we can get an igbo leader that controls the SE like ojukwu and azikiwe did, your tinubu would become irrelevant very quickly or atleast not as important as he pretends to be. And that is what okorocha wants to do

Clout: influence or power, especially in politics or business.

If Tinubu is being tolerated in the north because of his power in the SW is that not a point of influence? Why don't you show us a SE man who the north can tolerate? You say they will bring him on board because of him having the entire SW in his pocket, is that not influence? Is it not English we are speaking here?

If we can, if we can. Why don't you do it first instead of shouting marginalisation up and down. You are being marginalised but you aren't doing what you should do to get results you want. Should other regions step down for you because you're crying. Why don't you step up? Who stopped you from having a strongman in your region? The hausas, the yorubas? Nigga pleaOkay

Let's assume Tinubu is rendered irrelevant because of you upstarts, does that mean any tangible thing for SE? Is Otuoke not still as backward as it was before Jonathan became president? grin. Are there no governors in igboland? No senators? grin. Nothing will change. You will soon learn.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by babatunx(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
Odkosh:
lol, na only reading u dey read?.
Na read I dey read o.....
All these Afonja, Igbo, brown roof, ugwu specialist..... I no get dia tym....

Owo on my mind....owo ni koko bro!

And olomoge to make sense..
.lol....
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Igbokwe is exhibiting that same individualistic trait of an Igbo, but with a massive strain of selfishness and greed. Nothing but extreme individualism and desire for personal gain will make a man gloat over the pains of his own people. He is going on and on because its working for him. Celebrating his peoples misfortune to appease his paymasters.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by sanpipita(m): 9:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Oblang:

Then why are u d loudest of marginalization chants when u know Nigerian state marginalizes everyone? Let buhari appoint some northerners today,ur likes will start shouting northernization agenda upandan...

Every region in Nigeria shouts marginalization, unless you pretend to be deaf when other region shout theirs

1 Like

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by nkwuocha: 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
[quote author=Joavid post=54956205]I say the same things to my friends all the time.

Northerners are born politicians

Yoruba's are diplomats and they know how to manuover their away around things.

The Igbos just keeps playing the victim card, and they expect that to get them to presidency?
but guess what, No one wants to be associated with a victim, no one will give power to a victim, no one can trust a victim - it's a phycological proven fact!

All my life, I hear Igbo people say they're been hated, I did not understand because I don't hate anyone and I don't see people around me hating anyone because he/she is Igbo.
I did history in secondary school and we were never taught the Nigerian civil war - I later understood that Gowon had it omitted from the syllabus just to prevent this hate thing Igbo's are talking about

The way Igbo's indoctrinate their kids -planting the seed of enemity in their hearts its not fair.
and if anything, that's why others will hate Igbo's.[/quote

And you think it's OK not to talk about the civil war in our syllabus? Because of hate? It because of these guilty conscience after the killing of over 2million Igbos? A country without history is a dead one. I studied the history of several countries in my syllabus, their Civil Wars and cold wars.If the Zoo can include other countries Civil Wars in our educational system then omit their own wars, ain't that hypocrisy? This goes to show how wicked and insensitive this country is. This hate is here to stay and will brew further till it collapses this cesspit called Nigeria finally.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nice one. The club lion learning to hunt by bitting papa lion. How sweet

1 Like

Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by djbobby007: 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Niyinficient:

I don't know if I sud say amen
Re: Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe by Oblang(m): 10:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
sanpipita:

Every region in Nigeria shouts marginalization, unless you pretend to be deaf when other region shout theirs

But una own too much na.. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zulum Misses Boko Haram Ambush, As Terrorists Attack Borno Relief Committee / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / "Progressive" Jigawa Governor In over 10 Billion Naira Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.