Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? (33260 Views)

When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / My Experience With A Christ Embassy Member Made Me To Hate That Church. / Pastor Ibiyiomie Show Kemi Christ Like Mercy And Free Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
I will do nothing and mind my business. Concentrate on what makes me happy, which is my career, children and hobbies smiley

#I'mAChristian
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Engritodo: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
I ll talk to him politely. about how I feel. even the nurse
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Dottore: 3:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Juliearth:

1king11:1-8, Deut 17:17, lev 18:18,Deut21:15,1tim3:2:12, titus 1:6, 1cor7:1-16, eph 5:25-33....do you still need more scriptures?

1king11:1-8... Solomon married women isolator s. Never talked about God having issue with him marrying more than one wife.

Deut:17:17 commands that those who commits abominable act of Idol worship should be killed.

Lev. 18:18 advises that one shouldn't marry one's sister while the other is still alive so that they won't be rivals of themselves.

Deut 21:15If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:

1tim3:12 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife... Meaning that non bishop's "is allowed to" marry more than one wife.

1tim3:12:Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife,.. (so if you are not a deacon or aspiring to be one, you can take up more than one wife)

Tutus 1:6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, (Paul commending Titus and qualities of one that should be a bishop)

1cor7:1-16 let everyone get married if they so desire... (this is a little bit relevant to the question I asked but no direct injunction to keep to one wife)

Eph5:25 to 33Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church...

So you agree with me that there's no placeentioned in Bible that has a direct injunction against polygamy. If you still feel otherwise kindly come up with relevant references pls. Bible rules have always been straightforward and easy to understand e.g. Though shall not kill, though shall not steal etc

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
I dey tell you grin
goingape1:
apostle Suleiman's wife need to answer this questions

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by jabojafa(m): 3:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jodha:
Check yhurself first.. Are yhu dressing all old?.. Not taking care of yhur body?.. Are you doing annoying things and nagging him too much that would make him get frustrated and cheat... Ask yourself these and many more questions first.. ... Then check your husband... Know if he's feeling remorse or something...

Then yhu can kick off from there..
my dear its not abot dressing or nt dressing wel if not Tonto Dike's hubby wudnt be havin a sidechic. If a man hasnt d fear of God in him like Joseph in d bible forget it he surely wud cheat at d slightest opportunity. A man dt fears God wud neva cheat on his wife even she doestn dress attractive or seductively at home.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Dottore: 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
eripecs:
Yes. In the beginning God made only male and female.
He made only male and female but did he everention "marry only one wife" just like every other Commandment: thought shall not steal, though shall not kill etc. Why didn't he condemned Abraham for committing adultery. He rather blessed his two offspring immensely. Jacob married two sisters yet God never discredited him. He rather blessed him beyond measure so was David, Solomon and many more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by tealaw(m): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
Many of you dont know the bible. It is written, a man shall not divorce his wife or vice versa for any reason, but for infidelity. There's no question - divorce straight up. Only if d woman is a typical naija woman (100% dependent on d man- financially)
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by jabojafa(m): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
PaperLace:
I will do exactly what he would do as a christ like man.
What will he do if I am fuc.king my doctor?
What will he do if he finds out our child was gotten out of an affair?

I'm sorry, I won't ask myself what I am doing wrong. If I did anything wrong unconsciously, he should communicate_not go fuc.king around. I can forgive a one-time affair. But a serial cheat, even add am pregnancy. Nah...we done. Even the bible supports divorce on such ground. smiley

i dnt agree wit ur assertion abt Christ supporting divorce. If wot u said is true why wud Christ advice us to forgive 7*70time per day. And why wud d bible say a divorced man/woman is guity of fornication if they remarry while deir ex is still alive? Go back and read that scripture dt talks abt divorce again in different version for beta understanding and ask d Holy Spirit to interprete it to you. 1luv
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ibolomo(m): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:
But wait ooo. Is there any where in the Bible where marrying more than one wife if condemned. Just asking, no insults please
Not explicitly from what I can find in scripture. the only thing is that you cannot become any form of leader in church.
1Timothy 2:3
It was however, God's original design that marriage be between one man and one woman (Mark 10:6-8, Genesis 2:22)
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by luvmijeje(f): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
See question.. .. .. I hate injustice o. Can the man accept it? Thank God, for my encounter with Christ. Let God's will be done.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by gabrielniy(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
menxer:

Have you seen the original Hebrew to know which word was translated as singular or plural?

Just like the Hebrew word (nahash) translated serpent can also mean "wise".
Ever wonder why the serpent symbol is associated with healing, like Moses lifting up the brass serpent in the bible, the symbol of our medical profession, the structure of our DNA?

Yet we are made to believe the serpent is evil.

You are at liberty to take a snapshot of what the Hebrew says and share with us. The subject matter is wife/wives, not serpent. Let's stay focused.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by ibolomo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
PaperLace:
I will do exactly what he would do as a christ like man.
What will he do if I am fuc.king my doctor?
What will he do if he finds out our child was gotten out of an affair?

I'm sorry, I won't ask myself what I am doing wrong. If I did anything wrong unconsciously, he should communicate_not go fuc.king around. I can forgive a one-time affair. But a serial cheat, even add am pregnancy. Nah...we done. Even the bible supports divorce on such ground. smiley

Mark 10:2-12 shows that it was never God's intention that married people could divorce, but for people's hard-heartedness. verse 8-9 also shows God's intentions for marriage to be permanent, a fusion of two souls, that what he joined, no man (even a judge) should put asunder.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Jodha(f): 4:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
jabojafa:
my dear its not abot dressing or nt dressing wel if not Tonto Dike's hubby wudnt be havin a sidechic. If a man hasnt d fear of God in him like Joseph in d bible forget it he surely wud cheat at d slightest opportunity. A man dt fears God wud neva cheat on his wife even she doestn dress attractive or seductively at home.

I know but there are some things and circumstances that do move people to do what they never planned..

If a wife does not take care of herself.. Looking all old and Haggard.. Maybe just after one child.. You're already dressing like "Maamukwu" (a great grand mother).. Even if the man has the fear of God.. If he goes out and see other young looking.. Fresh girls.. He'll be tempted..

Secondly If a woman nags alot.. She pushes him outside. .. Even if he doesn't want to cheat.. When he meets a more receptive lady.. He'll think twice..

That's why I say. .. It's very.. Very important for women to check their selves first..

Hope yhu get my point?..
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Monk92(m): 4:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Wch one b christ like woman undecided
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by blackbelt(m): 4:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
dis thread is ununderstandable to me. How did dis make front page in d first place
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Shafiiimran99: 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Juliearth:

1king11:1-8, Deut 17:17, lev 18:18,Deut21:15,1tim3:2:12, titus 1:6, 1cor7:1-16, eph 5:25-33....do you still need more scriptures?
None of them support one man - one woman marriage law even, Deut 21:15 confirm that man can marry more than one wife. The problem u guys have is that u interpret Bible with ur desires, for instance, it is clearly said in 2 places in the Bible that women should not take leadership position u ignore it because u don't like it.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by bamisepeters(m): 4:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
astute28:
hmm i like d question is a good question for a christian home who have given there life to christ but as the question you asked firstly i will like to say that the husband have not given his life to christ the husband is an unbeliever how would you called yourself a born again christian for that matter and you went to go and impregnat an alaja is very bad habit that husband should seek for GOD forgiveness ...
what about temptation which test how strong someone is in christ
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
safarigirl:
I pack my things and leave the house. After all, Christianity allows for divorce on the grounds of infidelity, not so?

Why should I ask myself what I did wrong? When 90% of the time my only wrong was that I married a shameless dog who can't keep his dick in his pants

What kind of slavish question is "where did I go wrong?" I want to know where HE went wrong

I like u....smart answer. But what beats me is that the same women crying foul now, when they meet a responsible man who truly loves them, they wikk decide to make the man's life a living hell. If I have a woman who cares about me as much as these "Christian" ladies prescribe...if only, but na Christian men dey suffer pass, na dem go dey bargain with the wife to get sex , and put up with insults because the woman feels his religion won't allow him look outsyd, the reason why most experienced men will rather die than be vulnerable to a woman in the name of love....when man loves a woman he doesnt hurt her..and make it look like its her fault, and also a woman who that truly loves her husband...(not one bullied into submission) will give her all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by bamisepeters(m): 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
luvmijeje:
See question.. .. .. I hate injustice o. Can the man accept it? Thank God, for my encounter with Christ. Let God's will be done.
i understand, it is just one sided today, it might be other way round tomorrow, I am not always bias when i write because i believe in balance too.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
A Christian woman though may not consider divorce but has the luxury of separation from the union until the man completely repent from his ways.

Even if she divorce the man, Christ expect her to remain unmarried until the demise of her man.

May God help our Christian sisters

Well that's where the power of a covenant comes in. Do u know that some men have been roughly handled by God because of the way they treated their wives who are covenant daughters of God? Do u know that some people (both men and women alike) have special covering over their head that no one can hurt then and go Scott free? Its about enforcing the covenant... With little flogging the man go learn. By the way, wives..especially wives of genuine men of God must always expect "the strange woman" (locally called karashika)...on a mission to ruin the man and his ministry.. It's your duty to pray that he doesn't even fall into the trap...its not easy to be called by God o...na temptation from then all. Then some men are just natural born cheats...that need to be taught a lesson. It goes both ways too.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Ngasky(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
delishpot:

Does the Bible prohibit slavery? Should we start owning slaves? Plus, where in the Bible did you read that it is okay for a man to sleep with a woman he isn't married to? Or you just waiting the Bible to suit your needs? That same Bible said if a man looks lustfully at a woman he hasn't married to, it is considered adultery talkless of sleeping with her. Abeg, Maje una no dey twist bible only when it suits you. Plus many men in the Bible took new wives onostly after their first wives were old, or baren. But if we want to use bible to judge, Bible said so many things that Christians don't practice today because it doesn't suit them. I know say the marry plenty wives own and wives submit part naim many people remember pass for bible.
Are you trying to say your bible is outdated? The holy book is divine as such can never be outdated. We people can change our behaviours but we shouldn't change the holy book to suit our needs.
I supposed bible should be the epitome of morality and society or am I missing something?
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by sarahade(f): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
A Christian woman though may not consider divorce but has the luxury of separation from the union until the man completely repent from his ways.

Even if she divorce the man, Christ expect her to remain unmarried until the demise of her man.

May God help our Christian sisters

No be by force to remarry now grin grin
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by peculiar32(f): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Let me reverse the question. if it was the wife that did all these,what would the man do as a Christian husband?
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by luvmijeje(f): 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
bamisepeters:
i understand, it is just one sided today, it might be other way round tomorrow, I am not always bias when i write because i believe in balance too.

Eehnnn! I hear you o.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by atuanso84: 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
I would immediately stop putting up useless hypothetical scenarios up just to generate lame conversations.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Ngasky(m): 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
safarigirl:
oh, a woman can't cheat but a man can dip his sugarcanebin every honeypot without repercussions, ko?

Gimme a break
Sorry i am not condoning adultery. And the question I try to give my opinion on was the issue concerning the woman.
And I am sure you don't or won't pay a bride price to any man to marry him but vice versal. As such man is the head of the house. Such decisions mostly rely on the husband.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
PaperLace:

Lol. I live my life trying to be just with every human. I have a working conscience. Anything/association that would hurt my husband, I cut it off. I love him like that.
If he can't reciprocate, I won't spend my time praying or fighting sidechicks. That's not the marriage I want for myself...

All these issues can be prevented if we seek God's perfect will in finding a partner. ...God cannot give u a husband whose aim is to make your life miserable cuz I can assure you, as a true daughter of God, Satan din package one guy keep to ruin your destiny...and make your life hell. Then after following God's will to find the right partner in destiny, its the duty of both to always pray for each other cuz the devil will not stop at anything..to ensure you have a failed marriage. If u doubt...go ask wives of pastors of Big churches, the prayers they pray with their husbands against attacks by the devil.
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by sarahade(f): 4:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
The Bible did not expressly condemn polygamy BUT polygamy is never the perfect will of God nor Christlike. As Christians we are bound to emulate Christ

The bible did not expressly condemn polyandry grin grin
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by sarahade(f): 4:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
safarigirl:
not thatbi am one of those Bible-thumping Christians, but I do believe it is stated in the Bible that a man "...shall leave his mother and father and cling to his wife"... If polygamy was approved, the verse would have said " wives", not so?

Having an affair outside marriage is adultery and is a ground for divorce, I wonder what a Christ-like man would do if he was in the same situation

Oga, what would you do if your wife got pregnant for an Alhaji or was shagging your family doctor? Also remember that the Bible does not speak on polyandry as well

I love you. smiley
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
teeghurl:
Don't mind that guy. Humanity is treating another human the same way you want to be treated.

Thank You! Simple. Jesus said the greatest commandments are love God with all your body, heart and soul and love your neighbour as you love yourself. If we follow this simple commandments, we won't have any need for prayers to fight this and that. Ecclesiastes says that God created men perfect, but they have gone after dubious schemes.

1 Like

Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by Ngasky(m): 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

You need not ask such question.

The perfect will of God was that a man is joined with a woman to become one flesh as seen during the first marriage. Jesus reemphasised it in the book of Matthew.

Jesus, the Son of Man did not come to marry and bear kids, He came to show us the perfect way of living God's perfect will.
Oh I used your quotation on Jesus and marriage.
Pls can you post the following verses from your Bible? 1king11:1-8,
Deut 17:17,
lev 18:18,
Deut21:15,
1tim3:2:12,
titus 1:6,
1cor7:1-16,
eph 5:25-33
I don't understand English words anymore pls help me out
Re: As A Christ-like Woman, What Will You Do In Any Of These Situations? by xcuggsm(m): 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
samtin:
Question should be 'what habit do you exhibit as a true christian wife that made your husband impregnated an alhaja?'
Precisely!!
>putting your prayer meetings before giving him dinner after a hard day at work,
>neglecting to dress well because of religious beliefs
>neglecting personal grooming in the belief that "grooming is an indication of vanity",
>lack of creativity in the square circle
>not paying attention on his moods in the believe that "all is well"
Etc, etc . .
You guys can add yours to the list . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is 3 O'Clock The Most Effective Hour To Pray?? / The Story Of The Edo Pastor Who Was Accused Of Rituals Is Actually False / Which Is The Most Powerful Spiritual Churches Or Prayer Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.