Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze (6002 Views)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano / Photos: Is Gov. Ameachi The Funniest Governor Nigeria Had Ever Had? / Sani Abacha was honest & one of Nigeria's best ever leaders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by edoyad(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2009
Sagamite i'm sorry to say the criteria you've mentioned do not give considerations to such limitations, if we were to have a comparative analysis, as ; type of govt, economic embargoes placed or lifted, price of oil (when 90% of your dollar earner is from one product) and other differences in their circumstances.
I guess what we should be asking is if Abacha would have fared better as a democratically elected leader of Nigeria, if There's such a thing as a democratically elected president in Nigeria.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Afam(m): 1:11pm On Dec 24, 2009
Sagamite:

Only dimwits would not be able to display their counter arguments.

If I have to counter every single stupid and useless argument by people like you on this forum we shall get to the year 2090 and still be on it.

Is that how you think you learn? By posting nonsense and waiting for others to correct them so you can learn? I would rather you remained stuck with the ignorant views you have currently.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2009
edoyad:

Sagamite i'm sorry to say the criteria you've mentioned do not give considerations to such limitations, if we were to have a comparative analysis, as ; type of govt, economic embargoes placed or lifted, price of oil (when 90% of your dollar earner is from one product) and other differences in their circumstances.
I guess what we should be asking is if Abacha would have fared better as a democratically elected leader of Nigeria, if There's such a thing as a democratically elected president in Nigeria.

There are 3 areas of criteria there. Some would be partially dependent on the other e.g.

- Your GDP or FDI might be affected by net migration (brain drain), healthcare management (a population where majority of the workforce is AIDS-riden can not be productive), corruption management.

- Or your point above.

It should be the job of the government to manage this complexities. Abacha should be ensuring his actions does not negatively impact so much on the nation. And it is not like if anything stops him from being a democratically elected leader. Actually I think the argument is the other way round, a democratic leader can give excuses of not having the totalitarian power of a dictator.

Even if we allow excuses, there is no excuse in failing in all 3 areas.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2009
Afam:

If I have to counter every single silly and useless argument by people like you on this forum we shall get to the year 2090 and still be on it.

Is that how you think you learn? By posting nonsense and waiting for others to correct them so you can learn? I would rather you remained stuck with the ignorant views you have currently.

Lame as expected.

"Me and you no dey for the same o catego

Me and you no dey for the same o catego

No be same category o!"
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2009
Let's face it, If we can be so dissatisfied as to even think of comparing Govt so far to Abacha's Govt, then things really are very bad
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Sagamite(m): 12:49am On Dec 25, 2009
Adrenaline:

Let's face it, If we can be so dissatisfied as to even think of comparing Govt so far to Abacha's Govt, then things really are very bad

No, we are not dissatisfied to compare. Just one cre.tin that collected money from Abacha is now making noise to get relevance and as usual our mo.ronic journalists gave him a platform.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by edoyad(m): 1:01am On Dec 25, 2009
^ Dude things are really bad if you don't know. Nigeria is below Cameroun these days in the UN HDI rankings , infact saw on the news about a forthnight ago that half of Nigeria's population was officially poor. Or are you one of those who'll say It's a good thing cos that means 70+ million people aren't poor ?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by becomrich16: 1:51am On Dec 25, 2009
how old are you people. who killed ken saro wiwa   Abacha.

who killed Abiola                     Abacha
who killed Musa Yar adua           Abacha

etc etc

Who put 5 billion dollar abroad  Abacha,

So you say abacha was good, How ?? So are you saying Author eze no  get money again. na waho
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Becomrrich: 1:55am On Dec 25, 2009
Why one of yar adua mistake was he carried all of abacha boys and put in his govt, go and see where yar adua is not, sick. How can you bring into govt people who killed your brother.?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by edoyad(m): 2:23am On Dec 25, 2009
grin grin laughing in my sleep
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by TexMex: 6:30am On Dec 25, 2009
Evidently, a number of us were too young when ABACHA was in office. My early recollections of ABACHA was the song snippets KOLLINGTON AYINLA made about him in LAKUKULALA: "Ta lo fi mi j'oye o? SANI ABACHA". The days then were brutal (endless fuel queues) and short (bombings and killings by State operatives). Amid all these, there were some bands of people who wanted ABACHA to continue in office forever. Those were the days of Youths Earnestly Ask for Abacha (YEAA, for short). It was a common sight to see Government officials wear ABACHA's picture as a Badge in a show of loyalty (there was even ABACHA TV Set). The best thing about ABACHA was the setting up of Petroleum Trust Fund under the management of BUHARI.

I would say Generals BUHARI and IDIAGBON's regime is the best government (civilian or military) NIGERIA ever had. Yeah, they made some mistakes but it was because they were in a hurry to clean the rot the politicians have made of the country. There was no corruption, and the government tried to correct NIGERIA's foreign exchange problems. The days were peaceful, though there were queues for essential commodities (essenco) and new currency.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by maimalari: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2011
So true.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Rossikk(m): 1:47am On Dec 14, 2011
What I know is that during Abacha's time, guys were falling over each other to check out of Naija.

Today, the reverse is the case. Sorry, no comparison. Naija is 100 times better today than it was under Abacha.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 3:42am On Dec 14, 2011
So are you saying that today Nigerians abroad a rushing to return to Nigeria undecided

What planet are you on?
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 4:38am On Dec 14, 2011
Abachas's govt was the worst in the history of Nigeria. The only other Govt that seems to be coming close is GEJ's. During Abacha's rule his sons and cronies could literally drive to the Central Bank and pick up as much millions of Dollars as they wished; Nigeria was their personal fiefdom. Abacha was dying to be life President; thank God he succeeded in that, although not in the capacity he wished for.

For anyone to actually come now and try to praise Abacha is just beyond my mental comprehension.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Jakumo(m): 5:55am On Dec 14, 2011
kingoflag:

Abachas's govt was the worst in the history of Nigeria.  Abacha was dying to be life President; thank God he succeeded in that, although not in the capacity he wished for.

Given that Sanni Abacha transited directly from boning a group of Indian hookers to hanging pipe with 72 virgins in paradise, I think we can all agree that the mass-murdering despotic midget can at least be credited with having sought out the most desirable manner of death that any red-blooded male could hope for.

Of all the infinite permutations of departure from the mortal coil, the manner of exit to which I personally aspire above all others would be for me to suffer a massive cardiac implosion on the down-stroke while ministering to a ridiculously sexy woman, with other equally qualified volunteers patiently and eagerly awaiting their turn.   

As the first head of state to accomplish this enviable transition modality in flying colors, the Always Mighty Sanni Abacha MUST be recognized as the pioneer that he is to all serious conoisseurs and devotees of the trimmed beaver.  Praise the Lord !
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by koruji(m): 6:05am On Dec 14, 2011
Only you can tell a truth, and then nullify it with an incredible lie - all in one post.

What "reverse is the case" & "100 times" are you seeing in your visions?

Dock a 150 million capacity ship anywhere on the Nigerian space, and watch the entire place empty out.

Geeeeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rossikk:

What I know is that during Abacha's time, guys were falling over each other to check out of Naija.

Today, the reverse is the case. Sorry, no comparison. Naija is 100 times better today than it was under Abacha.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 14, 2011
Jakumo:

Given that Sanni Abacha transited directly from boning a group of Indian hookers to hanging pipe with 72 virgins in paradise, I think we can all agree that the mass-murdering despotic midget can at least be credited with having sought out the most desirable manner of death that any red-blooded male could hope for.

Of all the infinite permutations of departure from the mortal coil, the manner of exit to which I personally aspire above all others would be for me to suffer a massive cardiac implosion on the down-stroke while ministering to a ridiculously sexy woman, with other equally qualified volunteers patiently and eagerly awaiting their turn.

As the first head of state to accomplish this enviable transition modality in flying colors, the Always Mighty Sanni Abacha MUST be recognized as the pioneer that he is to all serious conoisseurs and devotees of the trimmed beaver. Praise the Lord !

Lmao. Succintly put.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by UdekeJ(m): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2011
Abacha was Aurth Eze's benefactor,but notwitstandin the state of d nation has deteriorated drastically due to sheer greediness and insenitivity powered by corruption on d side of our so-called leaders.
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by enehaluh(m): 10:22pm On May 27, 2012
I believe strongly dat d development of a country is not hinged on its system of govt.democracy,or military,it is d resolve of d ppl above that matter..so far in Nigeria,Both hav failed..so Abacha,GeJ,IBB,Shagar,bla bla bla....rubbish
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by luvinhubby(m): 11:12pm On May 27, 2012
This thread came up in 2009, today, 12yrs into our democracy, i guess some of the posters would have posted differently today 'cos the people that supposedly 'fought abacha' to a standstill (Asiwaju ) are today worse thie.ves than Abacha. Nigeria is more messed up now than ever, by who? definetly not Abacha.
We are 10times richer now as a country than we were under abacha yet we have over 100million people living below $2 per day (that is global benchmark for poverty).
Abacha would not have tolerated insane people chasing one around with bombs and AK-47's in the name of religion.
MY SUBMISSION: OUR POLITICIANS ARE NOT YET RIPE FOR DEMOCRACY, ABOUT-TURN TO KHAKI RULE angry angry
Re: Abacha’s Was Best Govt Nigeria Had – Arthur Eze by ak47mann(m): 12:57am On May 28, 2012
abacha was alright cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elrufai Says Buhari Is Better Than Obasanjo! / breaking: Heavy Jubilation In PH Over Appeal Court Ruling In Rivers State / Shettima: Buhari Has Disappointed Us, We Would Look For Alternative In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.