Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Some Women And Double Standards........tufia - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Women And Double Standards........tufia (773 Views)

I Just Lost Respect For Some Women Yesterday / Deadrat Scam And Double Standards / Nigerian Men Need To Understand That Some Women Have Financial Standards. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by Eddygourdo(m): 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Thanks to a kazeem, all plans to travel comfortably were brought to naught, I was forced to take a public transport, I grumbled because I needed three of four of these buses to conclude my long distance sojourn and I felt so distressed. Nevertheless I boarded a bus that was to take me to the express way after meandering through remote villages and towns. This bus was rickety but filled with young ladies and women. Asides I, the driver and one other elderly man who were males, the rest were females.

The driver was reckless, the road was bad and pot hole riddlied and we complained and complained and yet it all fell on deaf ears. No sooner had we started climbing a steep hill did this rickety bus give up the ghost. So early in the morning was this that I was practically impossible to fathom a way out. Luckily a passing motorist came by, and informed us rightly about a mechanic stall just down the hill at the other side. We decided it best to push this vehicles over the hill so we can all roll down to the mechanic thanks to gravity.

My brothers and sisters. Imagine that in a 14 seater bus all the females stayed put inside complaining and nagging while the men pushed and heaved, the elderly man lost his temper and screamed that they should at least come down so the load will be light since they refused to push. These ladies and wwomen blantly refused with some cussing in yoruba words I have never heard before (mostly to the driver whom they blamed). I pleaded with the man to leave them be and rather focus his energy on pushing.

Thank heavens before I gave up the ghost from exertion, we arrived the hill and slowly made our way down. Then I heard the most shocking thing. One girl exclaimed to her seat partner "imagine these ones expecting us to come down and push" , " are they even men?". I thanked God the elderly man didn't hear of it all, but something stirred up inside me.

Those ladies weren't wrong. We are men, we are supposed to shoulder the world's burdens and let our women and children be protected from it all , but on the other hand I prayed let this girl not mention the feminist angle. Cos I will likely blow my top.

I hadn't even finshed this line of thought when the friend exclaimed, "they should have left it na ? We will all stay here, but I will shout back at that man if he had spoken to me oh, forget about age. This is the 21st century, men and women are equal"

Then it hit me, the elderly women were all grateful that we tried, some of the young and even prettier girls in the bus were also grateful of our efforts, but the ugliest in the bus , people whom men would rather have for house helps than lovers were the idealists with feminine idealogies. I saw it wasn't needful starting an arguement or getting angry at the scare crow so uttered such. Thus I let it all be.

I came to the conclusion, that of all women in nigeria the elderly, the beautiful are still normal and appreciative of us men , they don't have these innate desire to emasculate us or feel entitled cos of all we do for them. The ugly /classless ones who are society rejects are the ones holding on to feminists views as a way to punish men for not loving them.

Note: don't start that crap about my not understanding wat feminism is all about, we all went to school, we all work, we all live , biko is there anyone who went to school or work or church and he didn't find women there ? Infact in larger numbers than men. Yet you talk about discrimination and female rights (leave that discourse to muslim dominated regions practising extreme sharia and even at that note that the women there aren't complaining, because its their religion)

So we need all to learn from our mothers , how men should be men, by shouldering responsiblity like aa man and our ladies appreciating us not emsaculating us.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by torres89: 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
nice one
some people tend to misinterprete the word feminism
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by SNOWCREAM(m): 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
Someone please quote me with a summary
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by dingbang(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lol .. I experienced a similar one.. We were boarding a vehicle to abuja so there were two young girls in the bus who were naturally rude. It got to a point where an elderly man who was silent spoke up and advised these girls they should try to inculcate respect attitude. But his advise fell on deaf ears and they ended up insulting the life out from this man.. The man didn't say anythn and kept his cool. On reaching an army check point, one of the military men flagged down the vehicle and came to check the bus.. The elderly man who got insulted by the two young girls striked a conversation with the army man and immediately the man saluted him with speed.. Infact all the army men saluted. It dawned on us that this elderly man was a top military officer and he ordered the army men to tell every one to get down from the bus but discipline only the two disrespectful girls..

Chei we all laughed. They frog jumped and were punished severely. After some time, everyone was ordered back into the vehicle and the two young girls never mentioned any word until we arrived at abuja.

The elderly man alighted and entered the military vehicle waiting for him at the company's garage..

1 Like

Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by Eddygourdo(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
Lol .. I experienced a similar one.. We were boarding a vehicle to abuja so there were two young girls in the bus who were naturally rude. It got to a point where an elderly man who was silent spoke up and advised these girls they should try to inculcate respect attitude. But his advise fell on deaf ears and they ended up insulting the life out from this man.. The man didn't say anythn and kept his cool. On reaching an army check point, one of the military men flagged down the vehicle and came to check the bus.. The elderly man who got insulted by the two young girls striked a conversation with the army man and immediately the man saluted him with speed.. Infact all the army men saluted. It dawned on us that this elderly man was a top military officer and he ordered the army men to tell every one to get down from the bus but discipline only the two disrespectful girls..

Chei we all laughed. They frog jumped and were punished severely. After some time, everyone was ordered back into the vehicle and the two young girls never mentioned any word until we arrived at abuja.

The elderly man alighted and entered the military vehicle waiting for him at the company's garage..

hahahahahahahhahahaha. This is a lesson for everyone not just girls , but those babes will learn manners for future sake. I can imagine the sweating and crying while frog jumping
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by pasqal09: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:

grin grin
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by dingbang(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Eddygourdo:
hahahahahahahhahahaha. This is a lesson for everyone not just girls , but those babes will learn manners for future sake. I can imagine the sweating and crying while frog jumping
my brother.. They were crying Allah.. Am sure wherever they are right now they will never speak rudely to any stranger .

Its just like we here in nairaland.. Just because its social media , some people will just begin to reign insults on people old enough to be their uncles..
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by Eddygourdo(m): 5:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
my brother.. They were crying Allah.. Am sure wherever they are right now they will never speak rudely to any stranger .

Its just like we here in nairaland.. Just because its social media , some people will just begin to reign insults on people old enough to be their uncles..

I swear
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by mrmrmister: 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
Very true bro, the brain-dead ones who don't even understand feminism are the ones carrying it on their ugly heads.

Dingbang your own experience sef grin
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by dingbang(m): 5:57pm On Mar 26, 2017
mrmrmister:
Very true bro, the brain-dead ones who don't even understand feminism are the ones carrying it on their ugly heads.

Dingbahng your own experience sef grin
lol.. Am just tryn to say young girls are naturally disrespectful to strangers
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by mrmrmister: 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
lol.. Am just tryn to say young girls are naturally disrespectful to strangers

Yeah I feel you.
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by dadabashua1(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:

I tell you.....sometimes I just laugh when going through their comments because some of them don't even know the type of people they are insulting.... SMH
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by dingbang(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
dadabashua1:
I tell you.....sometimes I just laugh when going through their comments because some of them don't even know the type of people they are insulting.... SMH
I tell you that a lot of employers and celebrities are nairalanders but they rather not show themselves.. I have a friend who revealed one celeb's moniker in Nairaland but warned me not to disclose it to anyone..

1 Like

Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by Amarabae(f): 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
I don't think that incident have anything to do with Feminism.
the girls were silly to stay in the bus while the pushing was going on. My conscience will not allow me to showcase such an insensitive attitude.
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by Eddygourdo(m): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
I don't think that incident have anything to do with Feminism.
the girls were silly to stay in the bus while the pushing was going on. My conscience will not allow me to showcase such an insensitive attitude.
it was the girl's statement that got me riled up. I perfectly understood their insensitivity even though the pushing was hard mehn. The feminism there was her non appreciativeness of our efforts and felt entitled. U gerrit now ?
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by Amarabae(f): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
Eddygourdo:
it was the girl's statement that got me riled up. I perfectly understood their insensitivity even though the pushing was hard mehn. The feminism there was her non appreciativeness of our efforts and felt entitled. U gerrit now ?
ok I gerrit. Hahahaha.
Btw that 6packs and huge muscle on guys, are they there for fancy?
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by Eddygourdo(m): 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
ok I gerrit. Hahahaha.
lol can you imagine. Anyway its cool to be masculine but nne not when the babies don't bother to appreciate us na. The emasculation from the current world's view point on men is heart breaking. I wouldn't have loved to see them babes pushing too, but if they keep insisting we are equal, then its criminal for them to sit inside a vehicle I am pushing. Mbanu

1 Like

Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by adorablepepple(f): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
undecided now they don't limit this nonsense to the public or people they don't know, they do it to their parents too....you would be surprised how girls talk to their parents and elders all in the name of we are all equal.
Re: Some Women And Double Standards........tufia by mrmrmister: 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Amarabae:
ok I gerrit. Hahahaha.

The abs and huge muscles are for getting girls not pushing vehicles. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

12 Things To Look For When Choosing The Right Wife / How My Life, Family Was Ruined Because Of Nonchalantness. / GIRLS;Do You Feel Bad About Your "Body Count"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.