Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (64302 Views)

Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bashirfuntua:
while the world is rejecting us because we're Nigerians not minding your tribe or religion. we are here fighting ourselves because of tribe and religion
Nigerians let unite against corruption,
let say no to NASS
let say no to herds men killing
let say no to injustice
let say no to Kaduna, Ife and Benue killings.

Say no to pmb first.

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by adioolayi(m): 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2017
hazyfm1:

88. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed investigation into -
(a) any matter or thing with respect to which it has power to make laws, and
(b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged, with the duty of or responsibility for -
(i) executing or administering laws enacted by National Assembly, and
(ii) disbursing or administering moneys appropriated or to be appropriated by the National Assembly.
(2) The powers conferred on the National Assembly under the provisions of this section are exercisable only for the purpose of enabling it to -
(a) make laws with respect to any matter within its legislative competence and correct any defects in existing laws; and
(b) expose corruption, inefficiency or waste in the execution or administration of laws within its legislative competence and in the disbursement or administration of funds appropriated by it.
Read the Roman figures i and II slowly and digest it... now tell me how Prof Sagay falls in that category of persons

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Jobos(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
Billyonaire:
This is an interesting time in Nigeria's democracy. What becomes of Nigeria, is solely dependent on the actions and in-actions of Nigeria's modern day Dictator, who I believed has fueled the amber of discord against the Legislative Arm of Government within his core Northern caucus aka cabal and the goings-on in their nocturnal meetings.

Is there any Nigerian by virtue of his position relative to his appointment by any of our Presidents, who has the effrontery to call The Senate, Childish and other derogatory names ?

I do not bother about the characters in the Senate, what bothers me is that each of those Senators, no matter how questionable their elections were, represent a people of each Constituency in this country. When one has so much confidence and power, because they 'know' this Buhari of a guy, and gather so much confidence to defy the orders of the Senate and even castigate that Upper Chamber, it makes me ponder if we are truly a democracy.

I think, we all need to put our bias aside and view this on a national periscope devoid of coloration of ethnicity, party-lines and religion.

We are bleeped, if we dont fix this growing impasse. Truth is, APC is gradually destroying our democratic institutions. No country has ever fought corruption successfully by personalizing democratic institutions.

We must learn to respect the Senate President and other Senators, not because of their personalities, but because of the Position they occupy.

We all know that Dino is more educated than Buhari, we also know that Bukola is more educated than Buhari, so there is a limit to what Buhari can achieve with his personal aggrandizement. Buhari has to be taught, to call his caucus to order. If their intention is to build Nigeria, then all Nigerians, including their personal enemies must be involved in nation building.

If this does not happen, I will personal step into the turf come 2019, and life will never be the same again.
You may not behalf differently from the people you call senators by your 2019.
Respect is reciprocal, if Senate can disrespect president nominations cos of their personal interest. what else do you expect from electorate like prof. sagas.
must they invite everybody that speak their mind. Did heavy fall when Dino insulted Tinubu and his wife ?
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by adedayoa2(f): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

that does not mean he will insults an arm of government
He never insulted them, he just told them to look very well into the country's constitution. Read over
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by oruma19: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:
insubordination will crush this government

imagine ordinary office clerk saying board of directors can not summon him

let's attack the individual and respect the institution
u do not seem to knw whot u r talking abt. Itse sagay is an authority in law. He has told them where to go and read in the Constitution. Let these senators not think they have power to summon just any Nigerian. They should do their work. Greedy and selfish idiots. Just so painful that the microscopic few responsible ones amongst them will also be labeled irresponsible. The means by which the Senate President came to power already was an indication that this Senate will definitely be the worst in Nigeria's history .

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by todayboy: 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2017
READ SECTION 88 OF THE NIGERIA CONSTITUTION

88. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed investigation into -
(b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged, with the duty of or responsibility for -
(ii) disbursing or administering moneys appropriated or to be appropriated by the National Assembly.
(2) The powers conferred on the National Assembly under the provisions of this section are exercisable only for the purpose of enabling it to -
(a) make laws with respect to any matter within its legislative competence and correct any defects in existing laws; and
(b) expose corruption, inefficiency or waste in the execution or administration of laws within its legislative competence and in the disbursement or administration of funds appropriated by it.

ezenaija:

We know when an ignorant person is talking.
Have you bothered to read the relevant section of the Constitution he referred to or are you one of those who ignorantly assume the Senate can summon just anyone?
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by hazyfm1: 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2017
adioolayi:

Read the Roman figures i and II slowly and digest it... now tell me how Prof Sagay falls in that category of persons

Now read Roman figure 2 with me: Where does Sagay's office gets its funds from? From Buhari's salary? I don't think so.

I stand to be corrected, please enlighten me

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by todayboy: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
AN office in the presidency wrote an allegation against him why not attack dss and allow the senate to rest

Jobos:

You may not behalf differently from the people you call senators by your 2019.
Respect is reciprocal, if Senate can disrespect president nominations cos of their personal interest. what else do expect from electorate like prof. sagas.
must they invite everybody that speak their mind. Did heavy fall when Dino insulted Tinubu and his wife ?

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by eph123(f): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
AngelicBeing:
l agree with you, l dont even know if to wish the military to come back because the civilians are just clueless, military is not good enough but if they will do better, let them take over and sack all these thieves wink

I don't think the military will be any better, they institutionalised corruption as far as I'm concerned, not to mention their lack of respect for rule of law. The problem is the right people never get to the top, Nigeria has vibrant intelligent people who can move the country forward, but they are not in politics, leaving the illiterates and clueless ones to be the only options, that's why we could find ourselves in a position of having to choose between a buhari and a jonathan.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by spiff005(m): 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
yourexcellency:

http://independent.ng/you-have-no-power-to-summon-me-sagay-tells-senate/
demonstration of craze people called democracy. NASS can now do wateva they want and no one can talk. bunch of fools. useless lawmakers that cannot control their family. mak i mute bfor they summon me. mak i ball my village, no light n network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by tee4lowyeh(m): 5:41pm On Mar 29, 2017
He is a citizen like any other Nigerian and therefore entitled to his freedom of speech.

This chicken legislators don't even know what the constitution says, they just feel they can summon anybody anyhow...Nonsense!

OUR MUMU DON DO!!!
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by pedel: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nebuchadnezar:

i guess those ones Buhari will appoint is among the fantastically corrupt or will Buhari appointment make them saints as usual?
Bloody hypocrite
Buhari is a certified kunu sipping monkey and a Hopless terrorist corrupt old hag
I know one thing for sure; your parents are regretting giving birth to you. If you are a son that brings joy to your parents it would have been evident by the things that comes out of you. May all your children be like you.
What wrong exactly has Buhari done again you as a person?
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by enigma2007(m): 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
todayboy:
READ SECTION 88 OF THE NIGERIA CONSTITUTION

You skipped section 88.. Please re-paste the whole info!
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by xpool(m): 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
janefarms2015:

Who is ordinary office clerk? Do you know the position he occupies? Do you know this erudite professor's records and antecedents? No lawyer or any honest Nigerian who is matured enough in age and intellect will not respect this man's view on issues of national development

You got it all wrong, you should base you argument on the sections of the constitution the man quoted and not his records.

His CV and personality, though intimidating, are very irrelevant on the power of the senate to invite him. That was why he referred us to the constitution. I know you dont like the senate, I dont like them either, but that should not force you to be childish in submissions or interpretations.
People read all these comments.

Separation of powers guarantees checks and counter checks among the arms of government. I wonder what you want, is it PADDY-PADDY Government?
It is very healthy for democracy when various arms of government disagree sometimes and agree some other times.

Prof Sagay should live by example, you dont get uncivil with you tongue, you dont say what you can not defend.
If he says they can not summon him, fine, they can summon his boss.
The presidents agents should stop being unnecessarily disrespectful.

They can impeach his boss.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by AngelicBeing: 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
eph123:

I don't think the military will be any better, they institutionalised corruption as far as I'm concerned, not to mention their lack of respect for rule of law. The problem is the right people never get to the top, Nigeria has vibrant intelligent people who can move the country forward, but they are not in politics, leaving the illiterates and clueless ones to be the only options, that's why we could find ourselves in a position of having to choose between a buhari and a jonathan.

l agree with the bold 100 %, Spot on my friend, l went the military option because l am sick and tired of all these thieves, since 1999 when democracy or (demonstration of craze according to late Fela ) returned back fully to the Nigerian polity , the country earned billions in revenue from oil but it was frittered away, some pocketed by the same task masters ruining the country, they have milked the golden cow to the point the cow finally collapsed, it means this cycle of clueless-ness and confusion will continue, na wao sad
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by olatunjin(m): 5:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nigeria Government is just a mess,every governments officials are above the law. Including the president,if the president can ignored the Court judgment what do you expect from his advisers. Let us unite together as a nation and elect people that are accountable. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nebuchadnezar: 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
[s]
pedel:

I know one thing for sure; your parents are regretting giving birth to you. If you are a son that brings joy to your parents it would have been evident by the things that comes out of you. May all your children be like you.
What wrong exactly has Buhari done again you as a person?
[/s]
shatap hypocrite
Buhari has done a great damage to more than 170 million Nigerians
Nonsense
Buhari is a certified terrorist burukutu sipping gorilla old hag vegetable useless incompetent docile and dumb bastard.
Kiss the truth
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by enigma2007(m): 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
hazyfm1:

Now read Roman figure 2 with me: Where does Sagay's office gets its funds from? From Buhari's salary? I don't think so.

I stand to be corrected, please enlighten me

Now you read section 88 carefully and tell us where the summoning of prof. Sagay fits in..

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by henryhemon(m): 5:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
spartan117:
Why are all of Buhari’s appointees displaying unnecessary ego it must be flowing 4rm d top.
See as he face worwor angry

And clowns like you clap for the Senators for holding Nigeria to random?
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by xpool(m): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
Bashirfuntua:
while the world is rejecting us because we're Nigerians not minding your tribe or religion. we are here fighting ourselves because of tribe and religion
Nigerians let unite against corruption,
let say no to NASS
let say no to herds men killing
let say no to injustice
let say no to Kaduna, Ife and Benue killings.
Lets say no to presidential Tyranny!
Lets say no to Executive Irresponsibility!

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by CoolAmbience(m): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
spartan117:
Why are all of Buhari’s appointees displaying unnecessary ego it must be flowing 4rm d top.
See as he face worwor angry

You comment showed how much you understood governance and government.

This not an ego thing at all.

If there's anyone being egocentric here, it's the Senate who are.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by 1freshdude: 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Buhari will have to either fire him or forget about having new ministers or appointees.Except he likes Sagay and magu much more than all the future appointment he wants to make,he can forget about any new appointment

Talkative, lets watch and see.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Kiakia(m): 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
yourexcellency:

http://independent.ng/you-have-no-power-to-summon-me-sagay-tells-senate/
Bunch of clowns. Now, they are really childish. Of course, they have no powers to summon Sagay and they know it. He is not answerable to them. The last time I checked, Sagay did not appear before the Senate for the confirmation of his appointment.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

Recently the US congress revoked a provision that prevented telecoms companies from selling user data to third parties.

People are vocal in the media accusing the congressmen of being bought off. Individual names of members and the amounts supposedly contributed to their PACs are being bandied about.

The US assembly has not summoned anyone.

Congressmen and senators are daily acccused of corruption by combative constituents in town halls. So far no one has been summoned.

Why should our assembly be different?

Freedom of speech guarantees me the right to speak my mind about any public figure.

Nass is an assembly of thieves, mediocres, rogues, illiterates, scallywags, buffoons, kleotomaniacs, greedy barons, criminals, convicts, and terrorists.

Let any bastard senator say I've infringed his right.

Bunch of childish clowns.

Many people were convicted on the pages if news paper like dasuki, metu and many judges and no court has pronounced any of them guilty. pmd does not obey court orders. A man namef his dog Buhari, he wad arrested and id still in court.

Sfg cut grass with N250m and still im govt. Brutai I heard has a house in dubai.

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by eph123(f): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
AngelicBeing:

l agree with the bold 100 %, Spot on my friend, l went the military option because l am sick and tired of all these thieves, since 1999 when democracy or (demonstration of craze according to late Fela ) returned back fully to the Nigerian polity , the country earned billions in revenue from oil but it was frittered away, some pocketed by the same task masters ruining the country, they have milked the golden cow to the point the cow finally collapsed, it means this cycle of clueless-ness and confusion will continue, na wao sad

True. Well, maybe when it collapses and there is nothing left to milk, we will all wake up.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nigga is prolly scared of calling names in the house of satan so he's coming up with the excuse of why he cant come

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by StarPlayer: 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The most painful part is that all the useless senators + federal government + state government + federal executive members + state governors & their executive team + head of different agencies both state & federal are all drawing allowances, feeding fat while the impoverish masses are crying daily and yet no response, l pity family members l have in Nigeria, l saw all this before l ran away years ago from the country and up-till date the news l read of happenings in Nigeria is shocking sad
I hope you're enjoying the toilet washing job over there
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by 1freshdude: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:
you dont allow your kids to insult an old man because the man is useless

this government is setting a bad precedence where any government appointee will be rude to the legislature

remember when you allow your kids to insult elders they will end up insulting you

there are better ways to handle the senate

You lack the ability to discern.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by nwabobo: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by usamali(m): 5:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
janefarms2015:

Who is ordinary office clerk? Do you know the position he occupies? Do you know this erudite professor's records and antecedents? No lawyer or any honest Nigerian who is matured enough in age and intellect will not respect this man's view on issues of national development

is the man above the institution ?

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by AngelicBeing: 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
[s]
StarPlayer:
I hope you're enjoying the toilet washing job over there
[/s] Useless comment, l am enjoying it because from it, l have several assets in Nigeria that in your life time even if you come 10 times, you will not be able to acquire a single plot of land not to talk of a building , and when you see me in Nigeria , you will prostrate for me, wash my car, clean my house, do my laundry, go errands for me, weed the grass in my building and l will pay you from the toilet money, you are still feeding from your parents and you are online posting trash, now crawl back to the useless hole you came from, buzz of and head to the Ocean and drop there, nonsense, my last reply to you hungry kid

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Larasisi(f): 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
ALAYORMII:
The Senate is fast becoming a joke

Buhari shot himself in the foot when he willingly or by mistake allowed the Senate to fall into the wrong hands

99.9% of the senators are fantastically corrupt

The remaining 0.1% are still corrupt
very correct he went to sleep after winning the election and didn't give a damn about the jostling as to who becomes what now the cock has come home to roost.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Obama Billboard: Rochas Okorocha Denies Putting It Up / Boko Haram Abandon Their Injured Member During Battle With Soldiers & Flee(pics) / Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Confirmed As A Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.