Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget (44699 Views)

Fashola Lists 44 Highways, 63 Roads To Be Constructed In 3-Year Plan / Yemi Osinbajo Signs The 2017 Budget Bill Into Law (Photos) / SERAP Exposes Fresh Padding In 2017 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by Origin(f): 9:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
I can see why people are angry with buhari. All this work without sharing something.

Na work this mad people go chop. Them de hold budget, we still de build de go.

Have we ever had this kind of level of capital project. Even otuoke road Na buhari do am.

Fashola running things like he developed Lagos. God will bless the people that are working in this government.
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by emperorzz(m): 9:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
I look look look, I no see ' completion of the east/west road. It must be this green bottle I'm holding
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by sshalom(m): 9:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
To be sincere, this looks good on paper. The big question however is will it be done?

2 Likes

Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by Yorubasgreat(f): 9:40pm On Mar 31, 2017
yarimo:
APC government and hard working are like 5 and 6, BUHARI til 2023 haters haters haters beware tongue

Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by wasuka14(m): 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
I wish speedy completion of all these gigantic work.
sarrki:
The categories are from priority ONE to FOUR...

PRIORITY ONE

The projects under Priority 1, are termed as "national priority projects", are projects on critical economic routes on the federal road network.

These are highly trafficked North-South, East-West routes used for the distribution of goods and services across the country and major river-crossing bridges. The sum of N150,470,553,292, which represents 62.22 per cent, is proposed to execute national priority 1 projects in 2017...These are;

1) Construction of Second Niger Bridge

2) Construction of the dual carriageway of Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja (Sections I-IV) in FCT/Kogi State

3) Construction of the Kano-Maiduguri dual carriage Road (Sections I-V) in Kano/Bauchi/Yobe/Borno states

4) Rehabilitation of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway (Sections I-IV) in Enugu/Abia/Rivers states

5) Rehabilitation/reconstruction of the Lagos-Shagamu-Ibadan Expressway in Lagos/Oyo states

6) Construction of Loko-Oweto Bridge in Nasarawa/Benue states

7) Reconstruction of outstanding sections of Benin-Ofosu-Ore-Sagamu Road in Edo/Ondo/Ogun states

cool Rehabilitation of Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene Road section I: Odukpani-Itu Bridgehead

9) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-J’ebba-Mokwa Road

PRIORITY TWO

On the list of projects given second priority, are projects being executed along the branch routes from the critical economic routes on the federal road network...

...These roads serve as links between the major routes and agricultural producing hubs, factories and mining deposits for the evacuation of agricultural produce, manufactured goods and raw materials to markets and ports across the country. The sum of N43,143,299,357, which represents 17.84 per cent, is proposed to execute National Priority 2 projects in 2017...These are;

1) Dualisation of Sapele-Ewu Road in Delta/Edo states

2) Dualisation of Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta Road in Lagos/Ogun states

3) Rehabilitation of Hadejia-Nguru-Gashua-Bayamari road in Jigawa/Yobe states

4) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-Kabba-Obajana Road in Kwara/Kogi states.

5) Rehabilitation of Yola-Mubi Road

6) Rehabilitation of Owerri-Umuahia Road in Imo/Abia states

7) Dualisation of Yenegwe Road Junction-Kolo-Otuoke-Bayelsa Palm in Bayelsa State

cool Rehabilitation of Damaturu-Biu Road Borno

PRIORITY THREE

These projects are specifically targeted at routes leading to the nation’s refineries, petroleum depots, major ports and mineral producing areas in the country to ease the movement of petroleum products and imported goods from the ports and depots to other parts of the country.

The sum of N25,508,708,266, which represents 10.55 per cent, was proposed to execute national priority 3 projects in 2017...Some of the projects are;

1) Rehabilitation of Apapa-Oshodi Expressway in Lagos Phase I & II

2) Dualisation of Suleja-Minna Road

3) Construction of Bodo-Bonny Road with a bridge across the Opobo channel in Rivers State

4) Access road to Apapa/Tin Can Port, NNPC Depot (Atlas Cove) to Mile 2

5) The construction of Agaie-Katcha-Baro Road

PRIORITY FOUR

Roads given priority 4 are those in key agricultural states producing cash crops like yam, rice, maize, cassava, fruits, etc.

The objective is to boost the production of these crops and ease their movement to markets. This is to enhance food sufficiency in the country and minimize losses.

N8.9bn which represents 3.68 per cent, is proposed to construct and rehabilitate roads in this category...Such projects include;

1) The rehabilitation of Sokoto-TambuwaI-Jega-Kontagora-Makera in Sokoto/Kebbi states

2) Rehabilitation of Otukpo-9th Mile-Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriageway in Benue/Enugu states

3) Rehabilitation of Abakaliki-Afikpo Road in Ebonyi State;

4) Rehabilitation of Akure-Ondo Road in Ondo State

5) Rehabilitation of Aba-Azumini-Opobo Road (Aba-Azumini section) in Abia State

6) Rehabilitation of Wukari-Mutum Biyu-Jalingo-Numan Road Section I: Wukari-Mutum Biyu Road in Taraba State.

SOURCE: Power, Works & Housing Ministry

#PMBAtWork

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/222807-works-minister-fashola-lists-top-federal-road-projects-2017.html/amp
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by NemzySeries(m): 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
all dis 1 for budget wey Senate neva approve and baba neva sign? dis country still dey 1707

1 Like

Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by wasuka14(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
I can boldly say that, massive work is on going, on Lagos Ibandan expressway, and also Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa road. Which i plied recently. I believe that, the people in the other region can testify if work is on going on the road mentioned in their regions.
sarrki:
The categories are from priority ONE to FOUR...

PRIORITY ONE

The projects under Priority 1, are termed as "national priority projects", are projects on critical economic routes on the federal road network.

These are highly trafficked North-South, East-West routes used for the distribution of goods and services across the country and major river-crossing bridges. The sum of N150,470,553,292, which represents 62.22 per cent, is proposed to execute national priority 1 projects in 2017...These are;

1) Construction of Second Niger Bridge

2) Construction of the dual carriageway of Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja (Sections I-IV) in FCT/Kogi State

3) Construction of the Kano-Maiduguri dual carriage Road (Sections I-V) in Kano/Bauchi/Yobe/Borno states

4) Rehabilitation of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway (Sections I-IV) in Enugu/Abia/Rivers states

5) Rehabilitation/reconstruction of the Lagos-Shagamu-Ibadan Expressway in Lagos/Oyo states

6) Construction of Loko-Oweto Bridge in Nasarawa/Benue states

7) Reconstruction of outstanding sections of Benin-Ofosu-Ore-Sagamu Road in Edo/Ondo/Ogun states

cool Rehabilitation of Odukpani-Itu-Ikot Ekpene Road section I: Odukpani-Itu Bridgehead

9) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-J’ebba-Mokwa Road

PRIORITY TWO

On the list of projects given second priority, are projects being executed along the branch routes from the critical economic routes on the federal road network...

...These roads serve as links between the major routes and agricultural producing hubs, factories and mining deposits for the evacuation of agricultural produce, manufactured goods and raw materials to markets and ports across the country. The sum of N43,143,299,357, which represents 17.84 per cent, is proposed to execute National Priority 2 projects in 2017...These are;

1) Dualisation of Sapele-Ewu Road in Delta/Edo states

2) Dualisation of Lagos-Ota-Abeokuta Road in Lagos/Ogun states

3) Rehabilitation of Hadejia-Nguru-Gashua-Bayamari road in Jigawa/Yobe states

4) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-Kabba-Obajana Road in Kwara/Kogi states.

5) Rehabilitation of Yola-Mubi Road

6) Rehabilitation of Owerri-Umuahia Road in Imo/Abia states

7) Dualisation of Yenegwe Road Junction-Kolo-Otuoke-Bayelsa Palm in Bayelsa State

cool Rehabilitation of Damaturu-Biu Road Borno

PRIORITY THREE

These projects are specifically targeted at routes leading to the nation’s refineries, petroleum depots, major ports and mineral producing areas in the country to ease the movement of petroleum products and imported goods from the ports and depots to other parts of the country.

The sum of N25,508,708,266, which represents 10.55 per cent, was proposed to execute national priority 3 projects in 2017...Some of the projects are;

1) Rehabilitation of Apapa-Oshodi Expressway in Lagos Phase I & II

2) Dualisation of Suleja-Minna Road

3) Construction of Bodo-Bonny Road with a bridge across the Opobo channel in Rivers State

4) Access road to Apapa/Tin Can Port, NNPC Depot (Atlas Cove) to Mile 2

5) The construction of Agaie-Katcha-Baro Road

PRIORITY FOUR

Roads given priority 4 are those in key agricultural states producing cash crops like yam, rice, maize, cassava, fruits, etc.

The objective is to boost the production of these crops and ease their movement to markets. This is to enhance food sufficiency in the country and minimize losses.

N8.9bn which represents 3.68 per cent, is proposed to construct and rehabilitate roads in this category...Such projects include;

1) The rehabilitation of Sokoto-TambuwaI-Jega-Kontagora-Makera in Sokoto/Kebbi states

2) Rehabilitation of Otukpo-9th Mile-Enugu-Port Harcourt dual carriageway in Benue/Enugu states

3) Rehabilitation of Abakaliki-Afikpo Road in Ebonyi State;

4) Rehabilitation of Akure-Ondo Road in Ondo State

5) Rehabilitation of Aba-Azumini-Opobo Road (Aba-Azumini section) in Abia State

6) Rehabilitation of Wukari-Mutum Biyu-Jalingo-Numan Road Section I: Wukari-Mutum Biyu Road in Taraba State.

SOURCE: Power, Works & Housing Ministry

#PMBAtWork

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/222807-works-minister-fashola-lists-top-federal-road-projects-2017.html/amp
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by hakm5: 10:31pm On Mar 31, 2017
DaniDani:
This is commendable; 1. This budget is evenly spread across the six geo- political areas and equally captured critical areas. If previous infrastructural budgets have been in this manner, many of us won't be bitter over marginalization. There's nothing to compare with equity and fairness, it is a natural law that brings harmony and peaceful coexistence. 2. If buhari/APC led administration completes these roads as listed, especially those in southeast (abia most importantly), I will join APC, campaign and vote for buhari in his second tenure. Thank God I never voted for the clueless Jonathan in his second tenure bid due to abandonment of these critical roads
Big thumb up for you,bro
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by ajoskele(m): 10:45pm On Mar 31, 2017
AlanTuringAI:

I seriously wonder how roads in that axis Owo-Akungba-Akoko-Oka Akoko - Isua Akoko -Parts of Akoko Edo to Kogi are being neglected yearly when such huge number of roads are being considered yearly. They're simply death traps.
These are roads that lead to Abuja oo.
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by Victornezzar: 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Hemstone:
am hungry
What would u love 2 eat dear
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by belomada(m): 11:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
this post worth commenting
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by Cjrane2: 11:47pm On Mar 31, 2017
Werehkpe:
Incase you all did not notice, 66.7% the roads on "PRIORITY ONE" are in the southern part of Nigeria. 22.2% in d middle belt and only 11.1% in the northern part

50% the roads on "PRIORITY TWO" are in the southern part of Nigeria. 12.5% in d middle belt and only 37.5% in the northern part

60% the roads on "PRIORITY THREE" are in the southern part of Nigeria. 20% in d middle belt and only 20% in the northern part

66.7% the roads on "PRIORITY FOUR" are in the southern part of Nigeria. 16.6% in d middle belt and only 16.6% in the northern part

OVERALL

60.85% of road constructions will be in the southern parts of Nigeria

17.85% of road constructions will be in the middle belt areas of Nigeria

21.30% of road constructions will be in the northern parts of Nigeria

CONCLUSION
Contrary to opinion, this administration is not focused on developing the road network in the northern parts of Nigeria but rather it is concerned about developing road networks where it is needed most. Also there is a clear indication that the government is truly concerned about overall development of the entire country and has targetted thes roads to enhance oil, agriculture as well as industries. Trully this is the way to go

#SaiBaba

Dude, Don't be smarter than your shadow. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The length of just ONE road in the north is the length of all the southern roads combined. That is why they hid the length of the roads covered in the contract in order to deceive gullible people.

For instance : Construction of the Kano-Maiduguri dual carriage Road (Sections I-V) in Kano/Bauchi/Yobe/Borno states is more than ALL the roads in the south COMBINED. The same distance in the south will be equivalence of Lagos to Calabar dual carriage road.

In the south a project of Lagos to Calabar will be called Lagos -Ore, Ore -Benincity, Benin-Asaba, Onitsha-Owerri, Owerri -Aba, Aba-Ikot Epene, Ikot Epene - Calabar.

You can see that in the north, they just name to beginning of the road and where it ends. In the south, they name all the junctions it passes through.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by Flochinny: 11:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
This is just a budget and mere politics...would they get implemented successfully within 8months cos the budget is usually abandoned after November.....all eyes on PMB

Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by sanusikebbe(m): 7:33am On Apr 01, 2017
We dey wait for una.
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by Adek15(m): 8:02am On Apr 01, 2017
ajalawole:
bro osun roads are good. Come ilorin. Ilorin to erin ile and ilorin to jebba expressway, u all know saraki and his family are corrupt. No single development in this state i swear cheesy
hmm... But osun has bad roads too na.
Ife to akure and ife to onto for example. It's been long I loaded through those roads though but I believe they are still bad.
At least FG should help us do one
Re: List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget by g4gerald: 8:38am On Apr 01, 2017
Wat of Enugu-Onitsha road, I didn't see it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LG Chairman Onoja James Omachonu Arrested By Army With Ammunition, Cash [photo] / President Buhari Set To Approve Reopening Of Worship Centres / Are Igbo Jews, The Lost Tribe Of Israel? - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.