Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62202 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:23am On Dec 26, 2009
at sefaco be careful of what u typed with ur UCL friends and all.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 3:23am On Dec 26, 2009
agabaI23:

craze woman.

my brother merry Christmas
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 26, 2009
eldee:

It wasn't his . . . that's the pic of sum dude that carried out a similar attack in the US years ago.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ohh okay.

Wouldnt be surprised if they showed a pix of a red-eyed, potbelly high looking naija muslim.

hisssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Akeemos: 3:24am On Dec 26, 2009
H2O2:

When are these incompetent security officers going to acknowledge their own mistake.

How did this explosive manage to get through multiple security checks ?

Sensible question Sir.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 3:24am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

my brother merry Christmas
I wish you december my dear grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:25am On Dec 26, 2009
that name Farouk is not an Hausa name

i know that, but Abdulmutallab is a very very hausa name. It is impossible to find an arab with that name. Also dont forget that the hausas are all over africa and including yemen too, so he might be an aboki, but not really from nigeria- so let us keep our fingers croseed
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by na2day2(m): 3:26am On Dec 26, 2009
shouldn't there be an IQ test b4 one qualifies as a terrorist?  
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 26, 2009
honeric01:

GLENN SCHOEN, terror expert is questioning the news now on CNN. he's trying to know how it was possible for someone coming from Lagos Nigeria, stopped at Amsterdam, then got the substance from Yemen, came back to Amsterdam before heading to Detroit, the expert is trying to see how possible it was and if truly the flight was from Nigeria.

With an 8 hr layover at Schipol, it could be possible he had a contact from Yemen bring the stuff to him. But again this is all speculation.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by proudly9ja(m): 3:27am On Dec 26, 2009
Where is Dora to come rebrand this one?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by na2day2(m): 3:27am On Dec 26, 2009
proudly9ja:

Where is Dora to come rebrand this one?

dem dey rebrand shit?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 3:28am On Dec 26, 2009
Some FBI guys are monitoring this thread lol.  Not a big deal though
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 3:28am On Dec 26, 2009
na2day?:

dem dey rebrand poo?

You can recycle it grin That equates to rebranding
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by honeric01(m): 3:29am On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

i know that, but Abdulmutallab is a very very hausa name. It is impossible to find an arab with that name. Also dont forget that the hausas are all over africa and including yemen too, so he might be an aboki, but not really from nigeria- so let us keep our fingers croseed

why the sudden change of tone? i was trying to pass a message across to rumor mongers on this thread that NO ONE SHOULD CONCLUDE A CASE BASED ON AN UNCONFIRMED NEWS FROM CNN AND OTHER WESTERN MEDIA, Osisi was trying to make me sound like i wasn't making a point just because the name of the suspect did not sound Igbo. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:29am On Dec 26, 2009
agabaI23:

The Big Unanswered Question: Where the hell is Abuzola?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Hauwa1: 3:29am On Dec 26, 2009
make i log off i no dey  grin
SemperFi

agabaI23:

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:29am On Dec 26, 2009
it is ohh@agba when someone on here is claiming to know UCL whatever, im sacred to finish typing lol
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 26, 2009
Dude might not even be Nigerian.

Every red-eyed, potbelly ugly looking black man is considered Nigerian anywayz.

Fingers-crossed
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:30am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

Are we even sure he's not the one in question?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:30am On Dec 26, 2009
2,380 Barewa students in hostels meant for 1,000 — BOBA

By Taiye Agbaje

The President of the Barewa Old Boys’ Association (BOBA), Alhaji Umaru Abdulmutallab,  has disclosed that over 2,380 students of Barewa College are crammed into 10 hostels meant for 1,000 students.

Abdulmutallab, who was speaking at the annual dinner/ lecture organised by the Old Boys’ entitled: “World Financial Meltdown: Causes and Effects”, in Abuja, said the state of the college was extremely depressing.

According to him, “for the 2008/2009 school year, the total students’ population is 2,380 crammed into 10 hostels designed to accommodate no more than average of 100 students each.  

“The college has three laboratories and the equipment there is nothing to write home about. In addition, more than half of the 87 teachers have no furniture and the staff room is jam-packed. The school’s assembly hall built in the 1950s to accommodate not more than 300 students, now serves 2,380 students.

He said Barewa College, as an institution, had done well in the past by producing many leaders in not only the North but the entire nation.

“Now it requires the help of everybody to continue to maintain the high standard expected of it,” he added.

He noted that In spite of the high profile personalities that attended Barewa, which included President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, the poor state of facilities in the school today has remained appalling.

In his remarks, Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State said the infrastructural decay in the school is “as a result of the general decline and decay in our social system.”  

Speaking to Peoples Daily, the Minister of State for Power, Nuhu S. Wya, who is also an old boy of the college, enjoined its students to continue to toe the track which they left behind.

“They should keep on flying the flag that we left behind. Continue to work hard to keep the good examples we have left behind because the sky is the limit for every hard worker,” he said.

The Deputy Governor of Bauchi State, Alhaji Garba Mohammed Gadi, opined that help was needed to arrest the decay in the school that has produced Nigeria’s numerous leaders.

“That is why we are here and a lot of contributions have been made in cash and in kind. It is an impressive gathering for all the boys getting back to discuss the problem of their alma mater in order to come out with a solution to move the nation forward,” he said.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

Look for him in Igbo land tongue
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by honeric01(m): 3:31am On Dec 26, 2009
davidylan:

With an 8 hr layover at Schipol, it could be possible he had a contact from Yemen bring the stuff to him. But again this is all speculation.

Yes, speculations shouldn't decide a case yet some fake Nigerians on this thread already said they want to change their origin, chickens and glory hunters. wink
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:31am On Dec 26, 2009
What if the man informs his interrogators that he was driven to terrorism because of the constant taunts he and his religion faced on Nairaland?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by OAM4J: 3:31am On Dec 26, 2009

Federal officials identified the man as Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, of Nigeria, who was traveling one way, without a return ticket. Dawn Griffith, who was waiting for her husband on the plane, said she saw the man being carted away on a gurney or bed, with his bandaged hands handcuffed to the railing.

Rep. Peter King of New York, the senior Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee, who was briefed on the incident, said A[b]bdulmutallab was known in federal counterterrorism files and may have been on the government’s list of suspicious passengers banned from flying in the United States.[/b]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34592031/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001

So the guy is even a known terrorist. Lord have mercy!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 3:32am On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

Some of my friends are doing the same, but I am talking now to someone who is studying chemical engineering . Abeg my roommate is applying for a job in one of the intelligence agencies (and you guys know they keep tabs on  their workers), and I feel that our internet service gets monitored, so I no go talk.

The guy is not nigerian if that would make honerico happy

My friends just find it shocking that there was a guy on the CIA terrorist list on their course and they didn't know.
I need to start watching who I talk to at ACS events.

Leave Honerico, he'll prolly come and say this is a controversy against Nigerians now.
Apparently, the only thing 'the white man' does is sitting down and planning how to put Nigerians in trouble.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 3:32am On Dec 26, 2009
davidylan:

Are we even sure he's not the one in question?

He is now shouting woyo allah
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:32am On Dec 26, 2009

Fingers-crossed

kai, no be me
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 3:33am On Dec 26, 2009
Don't be scared, the don't bite
ijeoma2619:

it is ohh@agba when someone on here is claiming to know UCL whatever, im sacred to finish typing lol

Warning - while you were typing 3 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by proudly9ja(m): 3:33am On Dec 26, 2009
honeric01:

Yes, speculations shouldn't decide a case yet some fake Nigerians on this thread already said they want to change their origin, chickens and glory hunters. wink

Its in time of adversity that you know your true friends.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:34am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

Fingers-crossed

That excludes me then.  grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ezeagu(m): 3:34am On Dec 26, 2009
agabaI23:

Chineke!. . . . . . . . . . Abeg up USA. . . . . . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 3:34am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

What if the man informs his interrogators that he was driven to terrorism because of the constant taunts he and his religion faced on Nairaland?

Then it's abuzola
How old is mcrackles?
does anyone know?
don't underestimate the "moderates" grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 26, 2009
Where is your president? He needs to make a statement to distance the country from this dude. Oh, my bad, he's "responding to treatment" in some arab country. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (57) (Reply)

Nicholas Ogunji: 17-Year-Old One-Day Abia Governor Sets Inmates Free (Photos) / Meet Five Governors Who Allegedly Govern From Outside Their States / Orji Uzor Kalu's Daughter, Neya Celebrates Her Birthday With Stunning Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.