Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62209 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:12am On Dec 26, 2009
chiogo:

Which one be UCL?

University College London. There is quite a huge Islamist infiltration in the general student union, the University of London Union. Always stifling debate and proposing anti-Israel drivel.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ladi02(m): 3:12am On Dec 26, 2009
I really hope we wont start seeing cases of bombs in Nigeria, just some days ago, a bomb exploded in lagos,

and now a freaking aboki, has completely dragged a country that is upside down into more deep Poo
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:12am On Dec 26, 2009

A LONDON student claiming to work for al-Qaeda tried to blow up a Christmas Day flight, FBI sources claimed last night.

The man who was travelling from Nigeria, tried to ignite a "powdery substance" on a flight from Amsterdam as it began to land at Detroit.

ABC News named the suspect as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, who was said to be an engineering student at University College of London

olodo

chiogo- UCL is university college london-

let me just say I heard someone say someone say this guy is nigerian

The guy is a mechanical engineering student
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Approved1(f): 3:13am On Dec 26, 2009
I thought a terrorist attack on the U.S. might be in the works after I saw a thres on NL about a parcel/letter bomb that went off in NIgeria last week.

Anybody remember?

My impression was that random parcel bomb afew days ago was just practice or maybe a dry-run for something
bigger elsewhere.

http://news.myjoyonline.com/international/200912/39697.asp
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 26, 2009
Is it me or does the dude NOT look Nigerian?

I'd be so pissed if this dude is not Nigerian
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by frgy1: 3:13am On Dec 26, 2009
seeklove:

Whats wrong with us wanting to separate from a failed state? I will never identify with a terorist country. If Nigeria joins the ranks of the islamic demonic terorist countries, then I reject my nigerian citizenship. Biafra all the way. I pray islam will be banned in biafra.
see them,  dats y every1 is scared of 1 of u being the presido
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:14am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

I heard the guy is from Ado-Ekiti.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by grafikdon: 3:14am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

LOL
all those 419 alhajis in owerri central mosque
maybe one of their offsprings have decided to move into a higher realm

ROTFLOL!!!

Like Alhaji Talib Ben-Mutalib Abdallahu  Janta-Kabool Nwachukwu ? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 3:14am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

where is his picture?
Is he appearing as  apparitions on you people's TV?
I can't see it
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by H2O2: 3:14am On Dec 26, 2009
No be only Biafra, na Thug Life.  Yeye man.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 3:15am On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

olodo- 1-kobo, search his name online- Moreover, I have friends at UCL and I am chatting with them on facebook and they are telling me things- I no go talk online I dey fear, i no hear anything lipsrsealed

Your own UCL pals dey talk??
Everyone I know from UCL has denied the guy three times already, you'll think it was Good Friday not Boxing Day today grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by strangleyo: 3:15am On Dec 26, 2009
Please send him back to Nigeria so we can deal with him like we dealt with Boko haram.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:15am On Dec 26, 2009

god punish you, na my state you dey curse like that grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by honeric01(m): 3:15am On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

olodo

chiogo- UCL is university college london-

let me just say I heard someone say someone say this guy is nigerian

The guy is a mechanical engineering student

So let them conclude their investigation, don't ever work with what comes out from the media except it's official from those in charge.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

Dude, are you trying to be funny?

Stop it!

0hsisi:

where is his picture?
I can't see it
His pix was flashed on CNN for like 1 minute.

SEFAGO:

god punish you, na my state you dey curse like that grin

OMO EKITIT ni e?!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Soooo cooool
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 26, 2009
ladi02:

I really hope we wont start seeing cases of bombs in Nigeria, just some days ago, a bomb exploded in lagos,

and now a freaking aboki, has completely dragged a country that is upside down into more deep Poo

huh is that true?  shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:16am On Dec 26, 2009
There was smoke coming from his crotch! How is the guy going to enjoy 72 virgins if he burns his one eyed snake?

I don't want to be frisked and have my crotch searched because of this fella.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 26, 2009
strangleyo:

Please send him back to Nigeria so we can deal with him like we dealt with Boko haram.

ROTFLMAAAAAAAOOOOO

I'll travel to Naija for that
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by H2O2: 3:16am On Dec 26, 2009
Trust CNN to force conclusions on the flight passengers who grant them interviews.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Akeemos: 3:17am On Dec 26, 2009
I just heard on the world's dumbest rich news network (FOX NEWS) that Nigeria Airports do not have scanners?!!!! They said the baggage just slide through and that's it (even local flights are scanned!!!). Therefore all flight flying out of Nigeria to America through whatever route should be banned, meaning, i have to buy a ticket to Ghana to catch a flight to America, even if I would have two stopovers to reach it?!!! This is actually a grand script well written and being acted out. America has written so many about our country but it just did not sell, a cool to start restrictions that would allow our government mess up our quite and seemingly recovery. THIS IS JUST THE TRAILER OF THE GRAND SHOW. The DVD is coming to a cinema near you. I don't care if he is a Nigerian but the question is you had him all along on your radar, how did he reach for your soil, he applied for visa saying he was attending a meeting there and visiting some cousins family members and the embassy did not raise any alarm, this is completely laughably and undeniably a stupid indictment of the American secret service!
All said, please, let's stop the religion stabbing and argue intelligently.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ladi02(m): 3:17am On Dec 26, 2009
@david, it was a parcel bomb, to some newspaper company
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 3:18am On Dec 26, 2009
grafikdon:

ROTFLOL!!!

Like Alhaji Talib Ben-Mutalib Abdallahu  Janta-Kabool Nwachukwu ? grin grin

let us keep watching
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Hauwa1: 3:19am On Dec 26, 2009
that name Farouk is not an Hausa name undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by chiogo(f): 3:19am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

University College London. There is quite a huge Islamist infiltration in the general student union, the University of London Union. Always stifling debate and proposing anti-Israel drivel.
Oh ok.

So, if he goes to school in London, what's he doing on an American flight?
I need to see the picture too. Why would a Nigerian concern himself with this terrorist crap? Leave that to Osama and his people  grin

H2O2:

No be only Biafra, na Thug Life.  Yeye man.
LMAO. Biafra? Like that's gonna solve anything. Some people sef.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by H2O2: 3:20am On Dec 26, 2009
When are these incompetent security officers going to acknowledge their own mistake.

How did this explosive manage to get through multiple security checks ?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 3:20am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

There was smoke coming from his crotch! How is the guy going to enjoy 72 virgins if he burns his one eyed snake?

If he burned his crotch in the explosion,allah would give him a bigger manhood
The guy knew what the deal was
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Akeemos: 3:21am On Dec 26, 2009
Quote from: strangleyo on Today at 03:15:11 AM

Strangeleyo, thanks for the quick timeout, i found that quite funny. grin
Thanks sir
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by eldee(m): 3:21am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

Stop it!
His pix was flashed on CNN for like 1 minute.

It wasn't his . . . that's the pic of sum dude that carried out a similar attack in the US years ago.

4 Play:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nah im you dey pity??
How about the virgins that spent all their lives on earth without sex
Them come go heaven again, na half burnt koboko go open show for them. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by agabaI23(m): 3:21am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

where is his picture?
I can't see it
craze woman.
Approved1:

I thought a terrorist attack on the U.S. might be in the works after I saw a thres on NL about a parcel/letter bomb that went off in NIgeria last week.

Anybody remember?

My impression was that random parcel bomb was just practice or maybe a dry-run for something bigger elsewhere.
I was actually thinking that this is a kind of psyching from al Qaeda. They just wanted to distract attention and get things done in a bigger way. Those guys are really smart to be this shabby. And if this guy is in UCL he must be intelligent. It is not just financial backing that sent him there.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:22am On Dec 26, 2009
;d
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:22am On Dec 26, 2009
0hsisi:

If he burned in crotch in the explosion,allah would give him a bigger manhood
The guy knew what the deal was

Maybe na one of these Hausa aphrodisiacs like Buruntashi. He was probably performing some ablutions, with ritual powder, and his paranoid white fellow passengers assumed he was trying to blow up the plane. Just a cultural mis-understanding.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by honeric01(m): 3:23am On Dec 26, 2009
GLENN SCHOEN, terror expert is questioning the news now on CNN. he's trying to know how it was possible for someone coming from Lagos Nigeria, stopped at Amsterdam, then got the substance from Yemen, came back to Amsterdam before heading to Detroit, the expert is trying to see how possible it was and if truly the flight was from Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (57) (Reply)

Little Ben Bruce Listens To Radio Commentary On Nigeria Civil War (Throwback) / DSP Sagir Usman Shugaba: A Cute Nigeria Police Officer (Photos) / How Adeboye And Tinubu's Secret Meeting At Redemption Camp Was Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.