Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59438 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by remedick: 6:45am On Apr 20, 2017
Sleekyshuga:

Almost the same problem a buddy is going through. Talk to her, and make her face reality undecided..

There are things called wedding anniversaries, birthday celebrations etc which can be celebrated in grand styles when the money starts rolling in excess..

Her friends wouldn't be there to help when you finally run into huge debts. Do what you can jare or like my buddy told his wife-to-be, 'get a priest and marry yourself.'

God bless you for even bringing in another angle to the mix.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by chronique(m): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2017
remedick:
most people just create unnecessary things.

So as you dey like this, you no get friend wey u fit use him car? Anyway, it's ya money sha.

Not so. It's a wedding and I would like to make it memorable. I have basic rides I can use as I sell cars for a living but I'd love to do something special for myself. You don't get married everyday. That special is what would make me spend such.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by remedick: 8:38am On Apr 20, 2017
chronique:

Not so. It's a wedding and I would like to make it memorable. I have basic rides I can use as I sell cars for a living but I'd love to do something special for myself. You don't get married everyday. That special is what would make me spend such.
i understand. Everybody get their own things that excite them.

What excite lots of Nigerians HARDLY excite me.

Well money spent depends on the kind of woman I would marry. Only woman with immense value will make me spend more than 1M. So, it depends.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by chronique(m): 9:26am On Apr 20, 2017
remedick:
i understand. Everybody get their own things that excite them.

What excite lots of Nigerians HARDLY excite me.

Well money spent depends on the kind of woman I would marry. Only woman with immense value will make me spend more than 1M. So, it depends.

Woman with immense value... You wouldn't want to get married to an independent woman with a very good job and from a good social class and family background,and be talking about a wedding planned in a way that falls below their standards. There is a reason why they belong to that social class in the first place. It's only logical you give them what they deserve and you can do that without being extravagant and still end up spending Millions. Hope you dig me?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by remedick: 9:42am On Apr 20, 2017
chronique:

Woman with immense value... You wouldn't want to get married to an independent woman with a very good job and from a good social class and family background,and be talking about a wedding planned in a way that falls below their standards. There is a reason why they belong to that social class in the first place. It's only logical you give them what they deserve and you can do that without being extravagant and still end up spending Millions. Hope you dig me?

Yeah, I do
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Humility017(m): 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
yes yes yes, hurry while the offer lasts. Grab your wife now grin

We should fix time and exchange vows before today's runs out.
Now is the time grin
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:06am On Apr 21, 2017
Humility017:

hello...
hope you've been good?
u didn't reply my PM
I did long time ago. Check your inbox.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Humility017(m): 8:53am On Apr 21, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I did long time ago. Check your inbox.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by soulbless(f): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
remedick:
are you a Northerner?
No am not.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by jasman2017: 10:49pm On Apr 23, 2017
You can use this tool here to estimate a cost for your wedding. https://eventscost.com/index.php/estimate-your-event-cost/

it helps you create a budget for your event.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by successman1234: 10:50am On Apr 28, 2017
i wonder why ladies are not considerate, i budgeted 4.5m for the wedding but we ended up spending 5.5m., this is after series of fights with my fiancee, honestly some women dont understand money mgt. She kept listening to the event planner, we kept inflating and suggesting uneeded stuff.

Sha i spent 1.2m, my family brought 2.4 her family brought 1.4m. we invited a thousand guest.

Left to me i wanted something very quiet with a budget of less than 2m., but all these families with their owambe.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by remedick: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
successman1234:
i wonder why ladies are not considerate, i budgeted 4.5m for the wedding but we ended up spending 5.5m., this is after series of fights with my fiancee, honestly some women dont understand money mgt. She kept listening to the event planner, we kept inflating and suggesting uneeded stuff.

Sha i spent 1.2m, my family brought 2.4 her family brought 1.4m. we invited a thousand guest.

Left to me i wanted something very quiet with a budget of less than 2m., but all these families with their owambe.
lol... 5.5 for wedding. e good ooo.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Midekin(m): 10:01am On May 02, 2017
why the stress when you can achieve a classic wedding with just this package

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by KAG: 12:46pm On May 02, 2017
About £17k. *Sigh*. I didn't want it to cost more than 10k, but thanks to my mum, it's become a more expensive affair - complete with many guests that I've never met and will most likely never meet after the event. Which reminds me, must start a thread about this weird thing about Nigerians insisting that it's tradition to invite every single person you know to an event. It's ridiculous and must be stopped. Also, don't show up to wedding that's RSVP without corresponding. It's a hassle and just plain rude.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
nnamdibig:
I budgeted 800k for my wedding but ended up spending 1.2
It's very difficult to spend exactly what you budgeted.
If you want to spend 500k start planning with 200-300k if you want to spend 1M, start planning with 700k.
My opinion thou
Can you give a summary breakdown please?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by LoveThemChubby(m): 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
MicroBox:

My friend! Out of close to a million naira list i was giving, Nothing of her is included not even a lipstick. everything is for the family even the food they are going to cook is not included, that one is a separate fee...
humm! i have never seen a very greedy tradition like that until now.
Where is she from?
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by nnamdibig(m): 6:53am On Nov 10, 2019
LoveThemChubby:

Can you give a summary breakdown please?

Start with things that are very compulsory.
Church or court or traditional demands,
Wedding ring,
Gown,
Suit with bestman(if you like),

If there will be reception,
Cake,
Hall or open place with canopy and chairs(this one is always cheaper),
Food and drinks(soft and alcohol(if necessary)),
Music,
Logistics,
Both parents cloths of you can,
Brides maids and grooms men(if you like),
Then others.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Naanlong01: 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
What if your fiancee is coming from Deeper Life, will all these bogus spending still be necessary? I heard they don't join couple with ring, only Bible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photo Of A Nigerian Bride With Her All White Bridesmaids / Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / Man Who Invited Strippers To His Wedding Celebrates Birthday With Scary Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.