Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? - Events (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? (59515 Views)

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? / How Much Did You Spend on Your Wedding? / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Jamean(f): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2017
davide470:
Lol. grin grin
In this economy?
I had a dream o undecided tongue
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:04am On Apr 15, 2017
mira4u:

Indeed!! Even if just your family alone are the attendees, you'll spend more than that.
And who is inviting all the whole family, just my immediate ones. Even the ones far away should not bother. My friends can come for the naming ceremony, Two/Three friends who stay close by is enough.
Check this out - https://www.nairaland.com/3741933/nigerian-lady-weds-oyinbo-husband, maybe with 15-20 guests

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2017
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
So you think is just for edible provisions? What about things like canopies, DJ and clothes you would wear with your wife? 50k can also do all of that and even more?
Who needs canopies, the only expensive thing i'll be going for might be the clothes. Maybe from registry, the few might just collect take away or do the serving there. Am not the 'Felabration' type
Check this out - https://www.nairaland.com/3741933/nigerian-lady-weds-oyinbo-husband, maybe with 15-20 guests
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Bigsteveg(m): 9:16am On Apr 15, 2017
mecussey:

my man, if u invite 20...pple go dey vex for you for road say u no invite them. Africa creating difficulty upandan.
Vex!! i hardly even call sef people sef. Na to say sorry nah. most people close to me already know my type

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by blovesther(f): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2017
mozel247:

Madam ur own dresses and his alone for both church and traditional will cost that 500k. Go market price things
shocked shocked shocked for real
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by blovesther(f): 9:22am On Apr 15, 2017
Stelvin101:

My sister 500k in this recession where price of everything have skyrocket. You get heart o. Am about getting married on 29th of this month and despite trying my best to make it small I have spent roughly 1.5m and will still spend at least 300k before that very day base on one or two miscellaneous expenses that will surely pop up. Well I love taste and quality sha, not quantity. Lolz
God bless you but different strokes for different folks......I rather invest the 1million after the wedding than spending it on just the wedding

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mrsborn27(f): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2017
You should always have a budget for your event so that there will always be cash at hand to start the journey of been a couple after marriage .and for those of you in the house that is planning to get married.why not join the moving train, which is #buceventhome they are good in executing your dream event with your budget .contact them on 07034595155 and you will thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by blovesther(f): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2017
Stevengerd:
Hmm! I Own U A Can Of Malt
wowww!!! I'm salivating ooooo tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by okibo1(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2017
i budget 1.5m for my wedding while i prepare the house with 500k which total 2m
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MicroBox: 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
arrestdarrester:

You sure say no be you cause am so? E be like say you don show your future wife and in-laws say your pepper rest well well. Just make sure say you no enter marriage with debt. Good luck sha.
Brother! That is what I have been trying to avoid..
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by blovesther(f): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2017
Captain001:

Please help share how you can achieve that. 500k wedding.
tradition and white would hold the same day

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by cuteguy007: 10:15am On Apr 15, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.

LMAO!

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by cuteguy007: 10:19am On Apr 15, 2017
mecussey:

my man, if u invite 20...pple go dey vex for you for road say u no invite them. Africa creating difficulty upandan.

They are just angry that you didn't invite them to eat jellof rice.. Smh
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by ACDONCHRIS: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2017
Angel, I'd like to know more about you, if you don't mind.
Sleekyshuga:

I am from the East but in my place, the lady and her people handles everything about the traditional with the man handling the white wedding plus our bride price is very tiny (doubt if its up to a thousand naira sef)..

IMO, weddings should be a joint effort. No matter how wealthy a man is, there should be something the girl's family should be able to provide/afford on that day though it still boils down to the kind of family you are getting married from..

My mum's dad, with all his wealth gave his daughter FOC, and warned her husband. 'The day you raise your hand on her, I collect my daughter back. She isn't for sale neither is she a slave.'
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by taemilola(f): 10:36am On Apr 15, 2017
Mine is strictly for families, engagement inside my father's sitting room and reception follows immediately after we might have gone to registry in the morning. No stress at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Ginaz(f): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2017
Aleora:
The replies are encouraging expecially from the ladies ...But I really wish they are saying it from their heart....We know them.....One tin I can say is that Everytime my husband looks at me..He will have every reason to say I bless the day I met you...And for the wedding till then..All I want is a small,classy wedding...

Babe, from my heart I would want a small marriage. Just I and my family and boo's family. I hope he would be co operative. I hope my wishes come through. No stress, just engagement party will be the big deal then he pays my dowry and we go our home. No big deal there.

If family members doesn't agree they can do whatever they want. It's my marriage, not theirs, it's my HUSBAND!!!!!! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by ussy09(m): 10:44am On Apr 15, 2017
The set of boxes n things inside was wat took most of my budgeted money, I budgeted 500 but ended up spending 700
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Stevengerd(m): 10:59am On Apr 15, 2017
blovesther:
wowww!!! I'm salivating ooooo tongue tongue tongue
Lol...Happy Easter
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by ehissi(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2017
Ginaz:

Babe, from my heart I would want a small marriage. Just I and my family and boo's family. I hope he would be co operative. I hope my wishes come through. No stress, just engagement party will be the big deal then he pays my dowry and we go our home. No big deal there.

If family members doesn't agree they can do whatever they want. It's my marriage, not theirs, it's my HUSBAND!!!!!! angry

Very simple!

All you have to do is just one small sommersault, make sure say condom is not used. Then you can go and tell them, "am pregnant already and its my husband not theirs, it my marriage not theirs" they will hear you. If not, get ready to face the nearest lagoon near you..... grin

Otherwise, you go church talk or Registry talk say "Its my husband", na broom them go use take sweep your leg commot for office........ grin

As though it is not the same parents that will give you out in marriage and will be looking up to you to show some good manners so that your would be inlaws will have some respect for your parents as well........ undecided

Its my husband ko? angry
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by ehissi(m): 11:23am On Apr 15, 2017
MARKone:

Don't believe this list joor, ah ahn...na the entire village ur friend wan marry. Why them no add Dowery for Ancestors, and iPhone 8, Oga o

Go marry Ijaw person naaah........ angry

Especially when her papa don die, you go know whether na real or na fake..... grin

And for your information, when negotiation and confirmation of these things are going on, nobody is permitted to eat, drink, celebrate or sing songs of joy. And until its done before the gal will be asked to come out.

My guy whey marry ijaw (for wedding whey them do for lagos Ooooh, of which we come dey fear say wetin for happen if to say we reach home).

We got there 12noon, wedding proper started 6.30pm. Some people don come, waka leave us for inside negotiation matter. No food nothing, it was the small food that my guy cooked that he used to feed some person whey come for wedding dey wait make wedding start since 12noon. And we didnt discover that food wasnt been served to people - after the guy gave the girls family money to prepare food for guests until 3.30pm - some people came and left without even seeing groom nor bride for inside traditional wedding....... angry

Them cage the guy for house make E no move, in the name of discussion of list items while they were busy doing and talking nonsense, if no be say we suspect say na the girl family dey do this wan from the fathers side - her father is late - , plus the fact that by virtue of this wedding, she was going to be the first and only girl that had a proper wedding out of all her siblings, we would have walked out of that place no query....... angry

Everything they ask you to bring, you use money to offer it. If they as you to bring 3 cartons of beer, you will present it with cash like 20k, shoe for the papa or papa representative incase the paper dey late - you must bug better italian show oooh or otherwise - then top am with cash.

The wahala na whether to even negotiate wetin them talk say make you bring or the money whey them put on top. Typical ijaw wedding na quarrel them dey quarrel for negotiation for list matter Oooh..... shocked

You wan try yourself, go marry ijaw whey her papa don die, na that time you go know......... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Sammyblaq(m): 11:34am On Apr 15, 2017
Traditionally my guys went low.
I'l be on low too focusing more on white for the bride.

For the white; Any figure above 120 guests na crowd (as some one said 150-200 guests to be a small circle. Hmmmm).

The budget will be like 350k-500k shaa.

If allowed, I will fix the date on a Monday. wink

In addendum i just remembered that "blessing of marriage" for my church na FOC.

If Oluwa bless the boy, budget fit increase. Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
Aleora:
The replies are encouraging expecially from the ladies ...But I really wish they are saying it from their heart....We know them.....One tin I can say is that Everytime my husband looks at me..He will have every reason to say I bless the day I met you...And for the wedding till then..All I want is a small,classy wedding...

Afa long time wink

1 Like

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by MabraO: 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2017
testimonyobaoyin:
don't be too sure you wont get more than 8 pages on your own day.

If I get anything more than one page I go disappear.
Na pure water them go drink
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by aristosoft(m): 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2017
Never a fan of big weddings. A friend who married last year sent text with Strictly by Invitation, a lot of people no come and he's happy about that.
For me, some family see it as a source of income but if your wife is understanding, you can walk it together. If you marry Idols here, please DM me.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by chinybelle(f): 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2017
Our marriage
Their wedding

Choose where you will invest more..
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by penzino(m): 1:19pm On Apr 15, 2017
MicroBox:
April 22 remains a nightmare until when it's over..
My gal is not co-operating with me at all,keep inviting family and friends both offline and online it's like she don't understand that there is marriage after wedding.
She's busy choosing this and that while I m having difficult time sleeping and eating even when the food is served.
dljbd1
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by iyke649(m): 1:42pm On Apr 15, 2017
lovethchioma:
Alright you can send
thanks dear. I hav sent u one.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Jazmiynne: 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
iyke649:
thanks dear. I hav sent u one.

Nairaland wedding loading... biko invite us o grin cheesy
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by iyke649(m): 1:50pm On Apr 15, 2017
Jazmiynne:

Nairaland wedding loading... biko invite us o grin cheesy
cheesy cheesy
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by mozel247: 1:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
Osgilliat:
Have budgeted 1.2m for my wedding and I will not allow anything or anyone to inflate this.. my bae has tried so many times to increase this but she keep failing.

Kikikiki. I laugh.. Let that day come. It will shock u. If u end up spending not more than 1.5m.pls go do testimony.

I will advise every young man that want to marry should never allow his wife no how much he worth especially if he want a low-key wedding.

Planning for my bro and I told him to tell her he has less than 1m in savings from which I plan to rent two bedroom flat at 300k and buy things she needed for her kitchen.

She b struggling with a budget of 500k and just yesterday she gave up church wedding as her people won't accept no traditional wedding.

She b pushing him to disturb us to assist but we blank though we have surprises awaiting her on that deal day. She successfuly got her mum church band who will play.

We gonna storm there with a special buffet and life band we paid for already but we keeping it secret cuz we discover she is from a notice me family and they will milk us if we don't take things hard.

Worst thing my bro not even concern like he is ready to loose her.

My older brother married from there, we knew what we went through and a repeat is no no no. We are wiser

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
To marry is not by force. If dem see 10k comot for my hand dem try.
Re: How Much Did Your Wedding Cost You, How Much Are You Budgeting For Your Wedding? by dljbd1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2017
penzino:
dljbd1
ha....This one is strong

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Made To Stand During Her Funeral (photo) / Man Who Invited Strippers To His Wedding Celebrates Birthday With Scary Cake / Nice Pictures Of Unique Cakes For Nigerian Traditional Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.