Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? (7326 Views)

What Is That Thing That Naija Men Do That Turns You Off Completely? / What Physical Appearance Turns You Off A Partner? / What Questions Do You Ask Your Potential Partner On Your First Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by elecktra(f): 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2009
we all have our turn ons and offs, wat is that thing a boy/girl that you think is a potential partner can do that will totally turn u off??
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by mamagee3(f): 12:26am On Dec 31, 2009
Creation of worthless threads. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Tmoni(m): 12:41am On Dec 31, 2009
well,

1. Good Sense of humour (she must be able to crack me up)

2. Smart & Versatile (she should be able to speak intelligently about current affairs & offer logical opinions on events)

3. Respect (this is also reciprocal from me but she will not just "run her mouth" when we have an argument or wahala)

4. Spontaneous (everything we do shld not be by the book, some events we partake in should be spur of the moment)

5. Dress Sense (she shld always be able to make good combinations either by colours, assessories, i love female waistcoats & trousers (which shld make her hips stand out)

6. Understanding when we have to sacrifice some event or item (she got to knw say money no dey sometimes)

If a girl does not have these traits then d relationship is definately going nowhere,

1 Like

Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 31, 2009
Tmoni:

well,

1. Good Sense of humour (she must be able to crack me up)

2. Smart & Versatile (she should be able to speak intelligently about current affairs & offer logical opinions on events)

3. Respect (this is also reciprocal from me but she will not just "run her mouth" when we have an argument or wahala)

4. Spontaneous (everything we do shld not be by the book, some events we partake in should be spur of the moment)

5. Dress Sense (she shld always be able to make good combinations either by colours, assessories, i love female waistcoats & trousers (which shld make her hips stand out)

6. Understanding when we have to sacrifice some event or item (she got to knw say money no dey sometimes)

If a girl does not have these traits then d relationship is definately going nowhere,

This your criteria na wah o! I hope you sef they work on yourself too tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by H2O2: 1:02am On Dec 31, 2009
foul tongue

wbb
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Tmoni(m): 1:39am On Dec 31, 2009
@Ebonyeyes,

If i no be like dat, i no go find person wey no be like that,

like charges for her go attract ooooooo
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Pweety4me(f): 1:41am On Dec 31, 2009
Intelligence cheesy tongue
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Mannylex(m): 1:55am On Dec 31, 2009
1] Over materialism
2] No sense of humour
3] Ill tempered
4] Low self esteem
5] Nagging
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by hermosa(f): 5:06am On Dec 31, 2009
if his dick is small, if his stupid, if he talks a lot (cos that means he lies a lot), there's a long list sweetie

1 Like

Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by LordReed(m): 5:44am On Dec 31, 2009
If she too dey form
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by bkbaybe99: 7:13am On Dec 31, 2009
Ill temper / aggression
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by iyapony(m): 9:19am On Dec 31, 2009
@ elecktra

my top turnoff would be bad hygiene, because i honestly cannot deal with someone who does not know how to properly take care of themselves. second would be attitude/outlook on others. if you always have a bad attitude and/or feel that you are in the moral position to look down on others, i will find you very unattractive regardless of your external qualities.
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by elecktra(f): 11:32am On Dec 31, 2009
as for me its when a guy feels like he knows everything and every body in the world that attitude just makes me sick some guys too dont know how to talk to ladies, no mind filters they just pour watever comes to their mouth out like dat,
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by DakANGEL(f): 4:59pm On Dec 31, 2009
just new here and found this forum interesting. i hate people trying to be someone else and that's leads to insecurity with him,i like my man to be natural,honest and sincere.
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by r231(m): 5:23pm On Dec 31, 2009
Mannylex:

1] Over materialism
2] No sense of humour
3] Ill tempered
4] Low self esteem
5] Nagging

dis stuff plus
bad attitude
unappreciative
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Akebulan: 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2009
Pride
Narrowmindedness
unmotivated
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by omega25red(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2009
foul language and eating with your mouth open omg i would absolutly loose it if she chomps. very gross embarassed
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by adeyinka4(f): 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2009
body odour
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by madlady(f): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2009
angry

A PLAYER.
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by r231(m): 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2009
madlady:

angry

A PLAYER.

like footballer or basketball grin grin grin
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Moyola(f): 5:35pm On Dec 31, 2009
Being too bossy, tongue
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by madlady(f): 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2009
r231:

like footballer or basketball grin grin grin

NO. A TOTO HUNTER/COLLECTOR tongue
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2009
Knowing that she's going out with another man. Omo, she's a goner o
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by r231(m): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2009
madlady:

NO. A TOTO HUNTER/COLLECTOR tongue

hmmmm gat u grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by nosalinus: 6:21pm On Dec 31, 2009
nagging and selfishness
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by kushe: 6:37pm On Dec 31, 2009
i guess my no 1 turn off would be her nairaland postings exceeding 1000,cos then i would know she's a cyber junkie that might not be any good in the real world.just my opinion!

mama gee,how come you no menshion body odour

1 Like

Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by ravenzord(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
Lack of dancing skills grin

K, seriously,there's lotsa stuff that could turn me off a female I've been admiring since I have a very low boredom threshold,but top on the list is a different attitude to life from mine,if you're fake,overtly materialistic,or narrow minded,then it won't work.

If you don't laugh at my dry jokes too kasala go dey O! (But there's no female who can resist my wisecracks,thank God  wink )
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by Princek12(m): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2009
refusing to kiss, wearing loose clothing, not being able to dance like a lady, and not willing to consume alcohol (at least wine for God's sake). Jesus even turned water to wine, so which one be her own if she no wan drink?
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by africhika(f): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2009
ARROGANCE!!

guys who can't show affection.

guys who talk too much.
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by prankster(m): 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2009
Materialistic Girls i.e very very common with Naija girls.
Attitude Problem
Disrespectful
Not Smart and Not current
Lack of general Knowledge
Bad Hygiene, especially when the toto get acidic odor,even if you fine pass God, Walai talai I no go follow
Re: What Turns You Off A Potential Partner? by chiogo(f): 7:09pm On Dec 31, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin @ the replies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Men More Faithful Than Women? / The Thing Around Your Waist / Kiss Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.