Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring (29081 Views)

Religious Leaders Kick Against Security Levies On Churches, Mosques In Oyo / IPOB Protests Against Restructuring In Port-Harcourt (VIDEO) / Yoruba Youths Kick Against Restructuring. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by adetayo234: 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2017
BLACKdagger:

And I've always known my parents are fools. I only need to look at my life to know I originated from bunch of idiots I called parents.

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by enemybulldozer(m): 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
sad
Your silence shows how biased you are...you don't want to talk because it's not Ipob/Igbos that kicked against the restructuring abi?

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by kingzizzy: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2017
I dont understand why a lot of people are making noise on this thread.

Its not like its a secret that the North will ever agree that Nigeria be restructured. They often said they are prepared to go to war than accept any form of restructuring. They said so in the 2014 conference.

So what is new?

Anybody who believes in "one Nigeria" should forget restructuring. Restructuring is simply not for you. The Northerners hold all the cards and all the aces. Their voting bloc of over 60% puts the National Assembly in their hip pocket and as we all know, restructuring can only be done at the National Assembly.

Anyone who wants restructuring, true federalism, resource control and fiscal independence had better start thinking about opting out of Nigeria.

There are no two ways about it. Asari Dokubo said "only free people control their resources"

This was the same choice the south faced in 1967 when the Northerners led by Gowon arbitrally broke the Aburi agreement, dissolved the 4 Regions and took away resource control.

The south of Nigeria then had 3 Regions, the West, Midwest and Eastern Regions.

Of these 3 Regions, the West and Midwest surrendered to the dictates of the North. Only Ojukwu and the Eastern Region refused to fall without a fight and fight they did.

What happend in 1967 is happening 50 years later in 2017. The North have said no to restructuring.

The question now is, do the SW/SE/SS accept it? Or will they fight for their independence like the Eastern Region once did?

That is the question.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by sapele914(m): 4:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
orisa37:
The NASS has all The Powers.
Call The Bluffs
Make The 36 States Fully Autonomous with regards to Sourcing and Spending their Resources.
Limit Federal Powers to Foreign Affairs, Military and Treaties.
By merely amending The Exclusive List this way, all The 36 States will soon be in the streets marketing for relationships with themselves for survival with or without the constitution.
What of the free money the states are collecting today,should the Fg close account?,my guy talk is cheap we are not ready,many people will die, the states will implode be careful what you wish for. Our brothers from the North of the Niger complaining are the persons (delegates) jonathan selected for his sham national conference pdp members,they are not speaking for the North,they are speaking for pdp.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by enemybulldozer(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2017
kingzizzy:
I dont understand why a lot of people are making noise on this thread.

Its not like its a secret that the North will ever agree that Nigeria be restructured. They often said they are prepared to go to war than accept any form of restructuring. They said so in the 2014 conference.

So what is new?

Anybody who believes in "one Nigeria" should forget restructuring. Restructuring is simply not for you. The Northerners hold all the cards and all the aces. Their voting bloc of over 60% puts the National Assembly in their hip pocket and as we all know, restructuring can only be done at the National Assembly.

Anyone who wants restructuring, true federalism, resource control and fiscal independence had better start thinking about opting out of Nigeria.

There are no two ways about it. Asari Dokubo said "only free people control their resources"

This was the same choice the south faced in 1967 when the Northerners led by Gowon arbitrally broke the Aburi agreement, dissolved the 4 Regions and took away resource control.

The south of Nigeria then had 3 Regions, the West, Midwest and Eastern Regions.

If these 3 Regions, the West and Midwest surrendered to the dictates of the North. Only Ojukwu anf the Eastern Region refused to fall without a fight and fight they did.

What happend in 1967 is happening 50 years later in 2017. The North have said no to restructuring.

The question now is, do the SW/SE/SS accept it? Or will they fight for their independence like the Eastern Region once did?

That is the question.
You just nailed it my brother kudos​ but the problem is they (citizens) don't reason and that is where they proved Kanu right.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by akoko11: 5:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
Jaideyone:
hate has beclouded your sense of reasoning. PDP got 46% of Yoruba votes in 2015 election. so because of a difference of 9% from the 55% APC got then Yorubas are sellout? you should get a refund on your school fees.

if you PDP apologist had told us what you would have do to make the southwest better instead of trying so had to mudsling tinubu and telling us APC is an Islamic party maybe just 5% from those that voted APC would have given PDP another chance. it's time for you crybabies to move on and stop blaming others for your own failures. people have the right to vote for whoever they want. APC got 2.1m votes from the southwest will PDP got 1.8m votes. so because of the decision of 300,000 people Yorubas of about 25m people are sellouts? if your still don't get my point after this long explanation then I won't dignify your foolishness with a response anymore.

look at it this way. if Yorubas didn't vote at all in the election then the 300,000 extra votes for APC will not be enough to give PDP the victory when buhari won with 3m votes!!!

Oga that election results no correct pdp got 1200000 From Delta State
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2017
orisa37:
Call The Bluffs
Make The 36 States Fully Autonomous with regards to Sourcing and Spending their Resources.
By merely amending The Exclusive List this way, all The 36 States will soon be in the streets marketing for relationships with themselves for survival with or without the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2017
orisa37:
Call The Bluffs

Actually the 36 states is weak. regionalism will solve all these nonsense.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by BiafraIShere(m): 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2017
dayod247:
If what I just read actually came out from an human beings mouth! I think we really need to divide. High population on its own is a problem, for you now to come out and start bragging about it... the northern states have a lot of resources and yet they refuse to explore them, they are busy talking about oil exploration. These people are so sick and lazy. Only few of them actually have brain
It baffles me on what ground/courage the north gets their boldness to dictate to others on how their destiny should be. A region that is a complete liability, parasiting on the South for survival yet has the guts to dictate to us and even give us what they feel like from our own resources! If only the South could unite once & for all and put these leeches where they belong! The more we continue to live with these guys, the more they continue to drag us in the mud while the rest of the world leaves us behind! Smh at this worthless entity called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by emi14: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2017
Xkalaban:

I give u kudos bro. U seem to have a good head on ur shoulders. That's what we need on NL. Ppl who talk sensibly.

That guy is sound minded
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by OreMI22: 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2017
it wouldn't have been bad if Northern military juntas had not altered Nigeria's structure we agreed upon at independence.

More importantly,the northern military juntas forcibly annexed the oil resources of Niger Delta in particular and the south in general into a so called "federation account" and allocating the lion share of the money and projects done with the money to the north. it is very unfair to the resource owners.

Nigeria must practice fiscal federalism for peace to reign.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Housing(m): 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:
Remove a parasite attached to a host.it will die a sudden death
The irony is even when northern sane leaders like sanusi speaks the honest truth about the status of the north in Nigeria
These same old fools will shout down on him

Where are the Yoruba Muslims .. Come and chant Sai baba and one Nigeria as usual

Religious discrimination as highlighted overshadowed what ever points you may want to make. You don't show detest and contempt towards a particular section of the country and expect support and applaud from that section.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by zanga420: 10:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

While would the yoruba not react accordingly when your psychopathic leader of Ipob was calling on Ibos to attack the yoruba without a single sane voice from your side cautioning him ?
What do you take the yoruba to be ?
When you have reformatted your brain to a sane default, the yoruba can consider unity. We can't be pushed around by anybody.
stop deceiving yourself. I can vividly remember your folks cried of marginalisation in the last administration.
Besides you forming commando is not you have a say as it stands, it's because they SE/SS are not well treated, so you can loathe the SE. Remove SE from the equation you'll cry blood. So to put it straight you guys are being mischievious. Stop forming like you can do shit. You keep on selling out the entire south.
Anyway I don't blame you lot, I blame SE for their stupidity. But mind you, any day they get their acts together, you'll understand the north gives no shit about the south. So enjoy while it lasts.
Keep on cutting the nose of the south in your quest to spite your brother.

That's why the north will roar at the south like there's no one in there.

The day you guys (SE & SW) banter will put the whole south in perpetual bondage is the day your eye will clear.
Una wehdone.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by koolaid87: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2017
''To suggest otherwise would lead to chaos and anarchy''

The northerners have everything to lose, so they are prepared to pay with their lives..

Its high time We the Yorubas started thinking like the Ibos and demand for proper restructuring or make everyone hold him lane.

Why always the North?

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by OreMI22: 11:36pm On Apr 13, 2017
Nigerians especially southerners should not even bother about what northern elders are planning. If they want us in nigeria, they must return nigeria to the good old days .
Dictatorship by the north has been endured for too long.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:47am On Apr 14, 2017
zanga420:
stop deceiving yourself. I can vividly remember your folks cried of marginalisation in the last administration.
Besides you forming commando is not you have a say as it stands, it's because they SE/SS are not well treated, so you can loathe the SE. Remove SE from the equation you'll cry blood. So to put it straight you guys are being mischievious. Stop forming like you can do shit. You keep on selling out the entire south.
Anyway I don't blame you lot, I blame SE for their stupidity. But mind you, any day they get their acts together, you'll understand the north gives no shit about the south. So enjoy while it lasts.
Keep on cutting the nose of the south in your quest to spite your brother.

That's why the north will roar at the south like there's no one in there.

The day you guys (SE & SW) banter will put the whole south in perpetual bondage is the day your eye will clear.
Una wehdone.

When has the use of a slang "guys" become part of english ethics ?
Apart from the fact that your post made no sense whatsoever, your use of "guys" incessantly pissed me off. Very typical of flattinos.
Please keep well off my mention.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by DocHMD: 4:46am On Apr 14, 2017
Amberon:
The bolded is what I also advocate for. A united south. The Yoruba's want resource control, the Igbo's want resource control, the Niger Delta also want resource control. I think we should all come together and dissociate from the parasitic north.

Who told you yorubas want resource control? yorubas have always opposed resource control tactically since 1999 together with the north. Even Ladoja opposed resource control during the Confab, go and watch the video of that confab.
What do you want Osun people to drink? River Osun water?

When we tell you IPOB have the facts and more enlightened than you all, you think we are joking. Go read up.

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by DocHMD: 4:55am On Apr 14, 2017
hysteriabox:

Gbam. Best words I av read so far
How is it the best word and why are you deceiving yourself?
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by zanga420: 6:55am On Apr 14, 2017
BlakKluKluxKlan:

When has the use of a slang "guys" become part of english ethics ?
Apart from the fact that your post made no sense whatsoever, your use of "guys" incessantly pissed me off. Very typical of flattinos.
Please keep well off my mention.
that's the illogical mindset. Tell some Igbo clowns what he's done wrong he terms u Yoruba. Tell some Yoruba clowns their fault, he yells you're Igbo. Some very irrational beings.
Which English ethics are u talking about? The one you can't string a good sentence in?
Anyway, just told you guys (SE & SW), your role that makes a northerner misbehave towards the south. Thanks
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by hysteriabox(m): 7:17am On Apr 14, 2017
DocHMD:

How is it the best word and why are you deceiving yourself?
Shuu

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by nwokotito: 8:38am On Apr 14, 2017
Restructuring of the Country is the only panacea that will bring about lasting peace and harmony to all ethnic-nationalities. The killings by Fulani herdsmen over other people's land will stop abruptly as State or Regional Police will be there to give adequate security to their people.

Indeed, Restructuring is the only sure way to the INDUSTRIAL AND ECONOMIC ADVANCEMENTS Nigeria is clamouring for.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2017
BLACKdagger:

Lol comming from som1 from "THE EDUCATED TRIBE" grin so ar east d only one in south.?
u ar EDUCATED Indeed!!

Eastern Nigeria is the problem of the south....

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2017
Olabestonic001:

Nonsense!
You're speaking for yourself! Even though I hate their attitude to some stuffs, we're in the same page of restructuring this 'Animal Farm' where the North are more equal than the South. I am with Igbos on restructuring. Yes, we'd fight and even abuse ourselves, but we would still collaborate to free the various ethnic. groups in the North.

Rubbish, I'll rather collaborate with people who are free of bigotry and hate for my people....Inasmuch as I support restructuring also, I would rather everyone fights it's own battles alone,than look for hate-filled bigots as allies....

3 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Alexis11: 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2017
2016v2017:
Afonjas,Northern slaves
Igbos, slaves to the North and Afonja. cool

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Alexis11: 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2017
Kingspin:
Woe onto the part of the country thats supporting them, North.

Woe unto the region that supported them in 1979, 1999 and 2007, the North. grin

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Alexis11: 1:06pm On Apr 14, 2017
slivertongue:

gara kayan ka ba kawo mu raba ba!

The North needs restructuring, more than the South. There is no sector in the North that is viable, agriculture is still at the subsistent level.

Southerners may look weak, indifferent and disunited but that is a strength in disguise because they quarrel but they dont resort to destroying each other.

The assumption that the Yorubas and the Igbos cant work for a common good is oversimplifying of the matter. There is more binding them, the inter ethnic rivalry in the South have not stopped them from developing their communities and living together.

Those on the social media may be noise makers but they must not be taken for granted. 2017 is not 1970.

One of the best comments I've seen in politics section since 2010.

kudos!
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by Alexis11: 1:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
DocHMD:

Who told you yorubas want resource control? yorubas have always opposed resource control tactically since 1999 together with the north. Even Ladoja opposed resource control during the Confab, go and watch the video of that confab.
What do you want Osun people to drink? River Osun water.

When we tell you IPOB have the facts and more enlightened than you all, you think we are joking. Go read up.

Which of the SE states is better than Osun??

1 Like

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by rosebowl01(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2017
somadinho10:
I tells you my brother but what baffles me is the fact that I don't know what the yorubas gain in associating with the north...... What have they to offer absolutely NOTHING

Repeating these childish rants will not make it true.
You do realize that historical alliances with the north has always been done by the osus? and Yorubas have always, and successfully played the opposition? At inception, Azikwe rejected the offer to form a government with Western and Eastern alliance. Instead, he chose to go with the North for the reward of du*b ceremonial president even though his political base was not even his homeland, but the progressive West - talk about the mother of all betrayals southern people have suffered.
You do also realize that the restructuring that southern groups except the Biafra osus are clamoring for was due to the fact that then aguiyi ironsi destroyed regional government, and centralized the whole system, thereby playing into the hands of the northerners till date? Why blame Yorubas for this?
You can't always eat you cake and still have it. If you don't believe this proverb, see how "successful" your Biafra campaign has been.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by orisa37: 1:43pm On Apr 14, 2017
spaceshipz:

Actually the 36 states is weak. regionalism will solve all these nonsense.

No. Regionalism will take us back and cause more useless argument and costs of conferences which may in end liquidate Nigeria. The Military has given us 36 regions. It will be retrogressive to spend our constitutional time and debates to reduce regions to 6. The 36 States we have now are sufficient foundation ground zero from where we can together individually support ourselves to rooftops.
Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by VirginFinder: 1:52pm On Apr 14, 2017
The loooonatics from the yEast aka yEasterners are still mourning over GEJ's 2015 loss.

When will the yEasterners learn that Yorubas acted first in their own interest?

Hasnt Osinbajo been acting president?

GEJ intended to annihilate Yorubas politically had he won a 2nd term.

Thank God we booted him out.

It's not like PMB is a better president but there is an Osinbajo...

3 Likes

Re: Northern Leaders Kick Against Restructuring by rosebowl01(m): 1:57pm On Apr 14, 2017
AreaFada2:

The SW easily compromises that position to curry favour from the North. Despite publicly saying they want restructuring.

Some actually want, most secretly feel SW benefit from the current system too. Even though they know it is a bad system.
And they feel SS/SE will benefit from it more than SW.

If SW stood to benefit the most, they'd have pushed for it. I pray SW or the North discover massive resources on their soil.

For now SS & SE virtually stand alone on it.

Stop all these SS & SE forced attaché. It exposes your insecurities.
By the way, you SE currently produces very negligible amount of resources for the Country compared to the SW and NC.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seun Kuti Rushed Back To Court; Police Want To Hold Him More 4 Days / Arrest Asari Dokubo Now - Middle Belt Forum Patron Tells Security Operatives / Rivers Rerun : They Have Federal Might, But We Have The People - Wike (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.