Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC (17927 Views)

Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser / $43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by jaycyclopedia(m): 7:55am On Apr 14, 2017
this is wat hapunz wen der is no synergy btw d various security apparatuses...... evrytin bout diz news so fishy

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by bizzibodi(m): 7:56am On Apr 14, 2017
Marotzke:
Did you see anywhere sting operations was mentioned? How can someone be so dumb?
NIA don't do sting operations. Most times they don't even arrest people.
They either kill foreign nationals or destroy foreign infrastructure to protect the nation.
Once the threat enters our borders, the SSS takes over,comprende?
Why are you even mentioning Melaye?
Covert, means silent ,off radar operations. You don't want it traced back to you by bank transfer records.
NIA operations are strictly outside Nigerian Borders and can occur at the spur of the moment.
Eg, what if credible intelligence shows that a dozen Al Shabab terrorists enroute to Nigeria were found in a safe house in Ndjamena Chad?
If the DG despatches operatives to go and sort out that problem, then the agents should wait until banks open for operations or for mallams to change Naira to dollars for them?
There are a thousand and one thing our foreign intelligence agency can do with cash in foreign currencies.
Even the CIA in Nigeria has more than this amount in cash, not to talk of the CIA in the US of A.
so they now use stored cash($) in a private home to fight terrorists like throwing money @ terrorists instead of bullet right?

2 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by lexy2014: 7:57am On Apr 14, 2017
TheFreeOne:
Hian undecided Orisirisi cheesy

National intelligence agency owns what The FG must be fuc.king kidding me.

If true then it's time for Nigerians to accept that those we've got at the top are akin to madmen with lighters in fuel stations running the country cos if those handling foreign and counter intelligence safe houses aren't 'safe' to the extent that other security agencies can easily bungled their operations then who's safe.

It clearly shows there's no synergy amongst them.
-----

Like I opined earlier on another thread by the time APC government finishes with Nigeria every agency of government will be in disarray cos those guys are terrible managers and authors of confusion.
efcc is a disgrace.they leap.b4 thinking.how can u go and raid a house yet u don't no who owns d house...a federal security agencywe now c y they loose cases in court cos of their shambolic modus operandi
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Solomon38: 8:00am On Apr 14, 2017
Totally confused about present administration games, let look unto God intervention.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by muyibaba222(m): 8:00am On Apr 14, 2017
Billyonaire:
Have you ever heard of Black Budget Operations ? Kids everywhere. Even in USA, such agencies dont put cash in banks cos that alone can compromise their operations, I feel there is a possible truth in this. Time for whistle blowers to throw away their whistles. I said it before and I am saying it again, so many whistle blowers will end up 6ft soon. A government that create snitches isnt doing enough to coordinate intelligence before taking actions.

wehdon sir! old one in the air, such agency is can not provide security for the money right? The time EFCC used in carrying out the operation isn't enough to communicate between the agencies if the money is legal right? being old doesn't mean you are intelligent.

1 Like

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Marotzke(m): 8:02am On Apr 14, 2017
bizzibodi:

so they now use stored cash($) in a private home to fight terrorists like throwing money @ terrorists instead of bullet right?
NIA not Army . Are you berefit of senses?
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by jamace(m): 8:09am On Apr 14, 2017
Kai, Nigeria is finished! cry cry

Buhari are you there?
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 14, 2017
muyibaba222:

wehdon sir! old one in the air, such agency is can not provide security for the money right? The time EFCC used in carrying out the operation isn't enough to communicate between the agencies if the money is legal right? being old doesn't mean you are intelligent.

Why do you choose to insult others even when you are clearly ignorant of the mechanics of powerplay. What more security do you need for such cash when you lodge them in an underground basement of an edifice at Osborne Street at Ikoyi, I will take it that you dont know the edifice in question, cos I know the house and it is a fortress. And this EFCC people are as silly as average Nigerian. They jump fences and break locks and move as if they have scored a point.

2 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Oshiogwemoh(m): 8:14am On Apr 14, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Home Headline
More Twists In The $43m+ Seized By EFCC As National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Claims Ownership – Source
By THEWILL - April 13, 2017

NIA DG, Ambassador Ayodele Oke.

BEVERLY HILLS, April 13, (THEWILL) – The National Intelligence Agency (NIA) is claiming ownership of the $43,449,947, £27,800 and N23, 218,000 seized Wednesday by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission from Osborne Towers, a luxury residential complex in Ikoyi, Lagos, owned by Mr. Adamu Muazu, a former governor of Bauchi state and ex-National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), THEWILL has gathered exclusively.

The NIA is the government security agency tasked with overseeing foreign intelligence and counterintelligence operations in Nigeria.

A ranking government official with knowledge of the latest twist to the seizure confirmed to THEWILL that NIA Director General, Ambassador Ayodele Oke, has been in touch in EFCC’s boss, Ibrahim Magu, to express his displeasure over the raid at the apartment used as one of NIA’s safe houses in Lagos for its clandestine operations.

The official said Magu, whose confirmation as substantive chairman of the agency has been frustrated by the DSS and the Senate, has been under pressure to show President Muhammadu Buhari the billions of naira he told the president during a meeting that the EFCC had recovered under his leadership. “So he is on a reckless search for monies hence all these strings of raids and seizures within the last one week,” the source who asked not be identified said.

“I can authoritatively tell you that money belongs to the NIA. The DG has come forward to claim it and has informed my office of the development. He is furious with Magu for his agency’s recklessness and for compromising their operations,” the official told THEWILL.

Meanwhile, Justice Muslim Hassan of a Federal High Court in Lagos Thursday ordered the temporary forfeiture of the cash and ordered that the funds be temporarily forfeited to the Federal Government and adjourned till May 5, 2017, for anyone interested in the funds to show up before him to show cause why the money should not be permanently forfeited to the Federal Government.

THEWILL had previously linked Mrs. Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue, a former Managing Director, Retail, at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), to the haul found in an apartment on the 7th floor. She denied ownership of the cash in a statement by her attorney Thursday though admitted residing on the second floor.

This is a developing story….

http://thewillnigeria.com/news/more-twists-in-the-43m-seized-by-efcc-as-national-intelligence-agency-nia-claims-ownership-source/
And they think we are stupid to belief this story abi! wahalahi na ogun alade go fire these people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Squillionaire: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2017
Well, guys hold your fire, no need to quarrel....NIA is also denying ownership of the money.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/13/nigeria’s-intelligence-agency-former-gov-amaechi-dismiss-reports-linking-them-50m-cash

The National Intelligence Agency of Nigeria (NIA) has vehemently denied a report that its officials were laying claims to the cash hoard of $50 million recently seized from an apartment in Ikoyi, Lagos by officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

An online publication (not SaharaReporters) had reported that officials of the NIA were insisting that the seized cash was part of the agency’s covert operations. The publication had also claimed that NIA officials were furious that the EFCC acting chairman, Ibrahim Magu, had undermined their covert tasks by sending agents of the anti-corruption agency to impound the cash. Seizure of the huge haul of cash, which included millions of US dollars, British pound sterling and the Nigerian currency, the naira, has dominated news coverage in Nigeria for two days.

A top NIA official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told SaharaReporters that the agency was in no way tied to the scandalous amount discovered in an apartment that was built by a former chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Adamu Muazu. According to the source, the NIA never claimed ownership of the funds, contrary to the assertion made by an online paper.

SaharaReporters briefly spoke to the Director-General of the NIA, Ayodele Oke, who said he had not seen such a report and couldn't comment on it. Pressed further, he said he had not met President Muhammadu Buhari to discuss owning the cash, he then pleaded to speak with our report when he wakes up in the morning saying he had a 'headache'. One of our sources said the version of the story claiming that NIA owns te money was being spread by Nigerian Senate president Bukola Saraki who claimed the NIA had warnedEFCC chairman Ibrahim Magu not invade the apartment with the cash, claiming the NIA was using it for covert operations.

This might be an early Easter gift sent by an anonymous donor to help speed up Nigeria's economic recovery smiley

1 Like

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Macaustin24: 8:21am On Apr 14, 2017
Everybody is claiming ownership of the money and someone cannot jst say it's blood money dat y he/she did not put them in the bank..... Case closed

1 Like

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by disandat(m): 8:22am On Apr 14, 2017
Marotzke:
Did you see anywhere sting operations was mentioned? How can someone be so dumb?
They either kill foreign nationals or destroy foreign infrastructure to protect the nation.
Covert, means silent ,off radar operations. You don't want it traced back to you by bank transfer records.
NIA operations are strictly outside Nigerian Borders and can occur at the spur of the moment.
Eg, what if credible intelligence shows that a dozen Al Shabab terrorists enroute to Nigeria were found in a safe house in Ndjamena Chad?
If the DG despatches operatives to go and sort out that problem, then the agents should wait until banks open for operations or for mallams to change Naira to dollars for them?
There are a thousand and one thing our foreign intelligence agency can do with cash in foreign currencies.
Even the CIA in Nigeria has more than this amount in cash, not to talk of the CIA in the US of A.
Nice one, but I do t think so. It's not hard to make some calls and clear themselves out in the course of the operation by EFCC. Do you mean the government doesn't know about its own NIA? Why stay this long before coming forward? I feel the echelon if this NIA abi MIA-ction should be arrested and quizzed to know who is conniving with them to own up the mo ey by proxy. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by muyibaba222(m): 8:28am On Apr 14, 2017
Billyonaire:

Why do you choose to insult others even when you are clearly ignorant of the mechanics of powerplay. What more security do you need for such cash when you lodge them in an underground basement of an edifice at Osborne Street at Ikoyi, I will take it that you dont know the edifice in question, cos I know the house and it is a fortress. And this EFCC people are as silly as average Nigerian. They jump fences and break locks and move as if they have scored a point.

No security needed for N15bn govt. own money? not even an agent who can alert the agency in any attack like this? Who do you blame if was robbery attack as you complain of the manner of operation by EFCC? mind you, there is another report denying this report by the agency.

1 Like

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2017
muyibaba222:

No security needed for N15bn govt. own money? not even an agent who can alert the agency in any attack like this? Who do you blame if was robbery attack as you complain of the manner of operation by EFCC? mind you, there is another report denying this report by the agency.

You do not put Security to protect such cash, in fact you do not let Security agents know such cash is in the building. Even an FBI agent can go AWOL on the site of such trophy. Besides there are Security at the gate of that house at Osborne. No one else, I repeat, no one else can enter the Premises except Federal Agents, not even our local policemen from Ikoyi Police station. I know that compound.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by TheFreeOne: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2017
lexy2014:
efcc is a disgrace.they leap.b4 thinking.how can u go and raid a house yet u don't no who owns d house...a federal security agencywe now c y they loose cases in court cos of their shambolic modus operandi

I hope the report ain't true but if it is then magu needs to be relieved of his job asap cos he's only good at sensationalism/media trials and becoming a threat to our national security by compromising NIA operations.

2 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by jaxxy(m): 8:39am On Apr 14, 2017
The NIA must be run by criminals then to cone up and claim this. How and why will they put or store cash in a place like this? Wot operation is this and the president is not aware? I really pity that Dg if he thinks hes being smart.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 14, 2017
muyibaba222:

Hahahaahahaa. NIA is a clandestine outfit with black budget operations. They have the resources to topple governments in some countries.

2 Likes

Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by jamace(m): 8:59am On Apr 14, 2017
grin grin grin Abraca-da-bra !!!
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2017
See story...how can NIA own that money. What happens to the banks for safe keeping? Nigeria eh, this thing tire me
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by lexy2014: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2017
TheFreeOne:

I hope the report ain't true but if it is then magu needs to be relieved of his job asap cos he's only good at sensationalism/media trials and becoming a threat to our national security by compromising NIA operations.
d ownership of d funds has been attributed 2 4 different people and counting all in d space of one week.what type of security agency is d efcc.u can't take them serious. how can they prove they didn't arrange all this 2 show that they are working. am sure we can now c that d DSS report on magu might b true after all
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by daryoor03(m): 9:29am On Apr 14, 2017
NIA will eventually disgrace the FG in the long run.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by nellyelitz(m): 9:36am On Apr 14, 2017
The money is own by a very high ranking member of this govt, they're bringing this NIA story as a cover up so not to expose the real owner to avoid questioning their anti corruption jamboree. Don't be surprise if this story just die like that.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Splashme: 9:39am On Apr 14, 2017
Scream:
Disjointed Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria keeps embarrassing all of us...DSS vs EFCC vs NIA vs APC vs NA vs Grasscutter vs El Rufai vs Dongara...The Commander in Chief Spectator isn't concerned, like he hasn't concluded on the role of his first lady especially now that health is of great concern...you know the VP cannot represent him everywhere.

I'm out
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by alt3r3g0: 10:04am On Apr 14, 2017
Politicians are now ready to share it as the owner has denied it.

Corruption fighting back hard. What is a legit government body doing with that amount of forex in a private appartment?

Maybe this media disclosure is to sensitize nigerians as the matter is always swept under the carpet eventually.

Trully a fantastically corrupt nation, from the executive, to the legislative and judiciary.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by HARDDON: 10:13am On Apr 14, 2017
So their part of their clandestine op is speculation too?

How can an organ of gov be in possession of so much money yet d street wail from acute hunger? Yet not one project executed? All we keep hearing is bobo juice news! Apc is still making campagne-like promises yet they r in gov smh

Worse arm of gov! What intellegence r they even gathering? N how did they come intouch wit such money?

Smh
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by ezebrightike: 12:45pm On Apr 14, 2017
The money belongs to me, I must claim ownership for that money...
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by nextstep(m): 1:07pm On Apr 14, 2017
I'm surprised an intelligence agency would even mention this publicly. This is supposed to be clandestine.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Dotng: 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2017
Marotzke:

A so called safe house that will be invaded without immediate response is not a safe house.
Re: National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:41pm On Apr 14, 2017
oshyno:
This doesnt add up. FG is short of forex to shore up our battered economy and a whopping $50m is hiding somewhere in wait for sting operation. Naaa . aint buying.

money is stored in a non government building with other tenants. Muazu even owns d pent house. And somebody is saying it is stored for sting wetin. Taaa

Much I know of sting operations, the cash is serialized and issued by cbn. These guys looted that money n was about to share it before d bubble bursted. Na wetin happen be that.

Trust Dino melaye n co to play this up . we havent heard d last of it.

Brainless argument. Intelligence can't make themselves obvious like a flag.....Hence the location......The group mentioned us not a sting operation executing outfit but intelligence that deals with foreign threats to Nigeria's security.

Read slowly and medutate....It helps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bank Alerts Rain On Ebonyi Civil Servants / Only 135 Of 12,000 Borno State Workers Turnout To Welcome New Governor / Look What Is Trending In South Africa About Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.