Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,698 members, 7,809,642 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership (35804 Views)

Ikoyi $43 Million: Five Osborne Towers VIP Tenants Under EFCC Probe / Ikoyi $43 Million: Magu, Presidency In Dilemma Over The Discovered Cash / Ikoyi Cash: Efcc Moves Seized $43 Million, £27,000, N23 Million To Cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by airminem(f): 8:15am On Apr 15, 2017
dont worry about the monies, it will be fine.
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by millionboi(m): 8:16am On Apr 15, 2017
kiyosaki1:
That's how we roll
Hahahaha no b small ooo

Nigerian politician s ah
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Ngokafor(f): 8:17am On Apr 15, 2017
tawa89:
stop derailing this thread please.

...Say same to your SW brothers talking trash here as well if you dont mind undecided
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by ipreach: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2017
Garrithe1st:
Wike sounds moronic.... Sorry to say.

A Governor who speaks so senselessly.

Spits on Wike's obese body.

grin

BMC spotted
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by AngelicBeing: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2017
l said it several times in the past both APC & PDP are birds of the same feather, they are vultures, rogues, criminals, thieves, looters, nest of killers, corrupt, inept, clueless, they are all their for themselves, cronies, family members alone, trust Nigerian politicians at your own peril, Nigeria has a long way to go, democracy is certainly not working in Nigeria, in all this brouhaha, l pity and feel or the masses because they are the once at the receiving end, Nigeria as a nation is irredeemable and the cycle of suffering, confusion and wickedness continues, l dont see light at the end of the tunnel but gross darkness, 50 Million Dollars found in a house and we have so many names associated with it , even the NIGERIAN INTELLIGENCE AGENCY , is also named as the owner of the cash and the masses are still kept in the dark, nobody should trust useless criminals called politicians wink
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by wink2015(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2017
Nigerian politician with drama!

Ibori $15 bribe to Malam Ribadu was seized by the federal government and lodge in the Central Bank and the Delta state government is laying claim to the money.

Now, Ameachi $43 million naira being alleged that was found in Ikoyi and seized by EFCC and lodged in the Central Bank and the Rivers state government is laying claim to the money.

History seems to be repeating itself.

But why is Governor Ameachi keeping silence on all this allegation against him.

If this allegation is proven to be true, then Ameachi could be kicked out of the Buhari Administration and prosecuted for money laundering.

That huge amount can fix our epileptic power sector but one greedy rat kept that money all for himself probably waiting for 2019 to be used in contesting election.

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 15, 2017
As everyone rejected the "lost but found" $43m ikoyi house money, I have decide to claimed it. The money is mind, I misplaced it in that apartment!!!

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Elbowroom: 8:19am On Apr 15, 2017
joeprince23:
amaechi is a big thief

What's wike
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by wink2015(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2017
wizzywisdom:
As everyone rejected the "lost but found" $43m ikoyi house money, I have decide to claimed it. The money is mind, I misplaced it in that apartment!!!

You are funny! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by karma2000: 8:20am On Apr 15, 2017
let him bring his proof which must be verified to allow karma deal with de thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by airminem(f): 8:20am On Apr 15, 2017
You Build Infrastructure With Public Funds And Sale Them Again, abi? Bast.ard sons of thousand fathers.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Kingspin(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2017
Is either this government is merely or sincerely fighting corruption. We say corruption is fighting back but from my little understanding if all those personality, agencies, body including the judiciary carrying out this fight against corruption are people of integrity believe me the fight with make headway. 2019 around the corner everything is on table by our politicians for the citizens. Do the government mean corruption (stealing public money) cannot be limited to the lowest level? Other countries have gone through this stage with visible achievement. Nigeria can do by eliminating politics and employing the right people and best system devoid of interference.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by uss25dec: 8:23am On Apr 15, 2017
Nigeria is a banana republic. A country where a thief calls his fellow thieves, thieves. He said all d stories concerning d money found were false. He concluded by himself that d money belongs to his state. He askd for proper investigation into d matter n FG should returned d money to his state within 7days. If he can deny d alleged money he shared during election, why cant his fellow politicians do d same too? Even wit evidence of audio tape from his phone. He denied too. Is it now he discovered dat part of sales of d gas turbine is missing which he failed to tell us n never investigated? I dnt support any politicians or political parties. No wonder, Tupac says all politicians r hypocrites n it's true.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by karma2000: 8:24am On Apr 15, 2017
who owns de property in which de money was found and if it was rented who rented it
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Solomon38: 8:25am On Apr 15, 2017
I can see the integrity of Mr. President only what he knows best is to shade his cabal's. Thank you whistle blowers.
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by udees: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Do you read what he said--he did not say anything about PDP--please read before you comment
yemmynoni:
This money get plenty parents oooo
Now that wike said he is the owner, what will pdp say about this?
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by obivick: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Come to JESUS.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Sunmolar(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Somebody owns the house,unremembered someone bought an apartment, unknown lady brougth bags to the rooms, where is Amaechi in this picture?
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Mcowubaba:

@ bolded, going by that logic...
All the stolen money recovered by EFCC were not stolen by the culprits ,
Because the people involved have not claimed it...
Same with people shouting Dezani Alison stole money, she has made her on admission on the matter, nd she denied it, so

Wike said he set up an inquiry committee, and it was found that the money belong to Rivers Government, from the sell of an Oil bloc to Sahara Energy by the then Governor Rotimi Amaechi....

I do not see the logic in your argument. The raid was carried out on wednesday and Wike's committee had been inaugurated, deliberated and concluded by Friday.
Moreover, is it the place of committees to investigate such issues or the police and law enforcement agencies?
If Wike knows Amaechi owns the money (I don't have any bias against this), he should come up with concrete evidence.
Let's be rational and separate partisan politics from reason.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Bukayot: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2017
Lobatan
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Same with people shouting Dezani Alison stole money, she has made her on admission on the matter, nd she denied it, so

Wike said he set up an inquiry committee, and it was found that the money belong to Rivers Government, from the sell of an Oil bloc to Sahara Energy by the then Governor Rotimi Amaechi....

I do not see the logic in your argument. The raid was carried out on wednesday and Wike's committee had been inaugurated, deliberated and concluded by Friday.
Moreover, is it the place of committees to investigate such issues or the police and law enforcement agencies?
If Wike knows Amaechi owns the money (I don't have any bias against this), he should come up with concrete evidence.
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by AlphaStyles(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2017
serious

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by eyinjuege: 8:28am On Apr 15, 2017
Everyone is now claiming the money....

Hahahahaha.

Its my money o.

I'm ready to forfeit 90% of it to the federal govt. Just give me 10%. I'm a good Nigerian citizen.

Yeye people. We need the paper trail of the transactions and the money, otherwise any badger can lay claims to it.
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by nabzguy: 8:29am On Apr 15, 2017
rusher14:

I don't blame you.

I blame NPower for even giving you some stipends.

Otherwise would your type consider himself productive and others less so?

I will henceforth not dignify you with a response, i blame ur dad for not using a condom.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Mcowubaba:

I do not see the logic in your argument.

The raid was carried out on wednesday and Wike's committee had been inaugurated, deliberated and concluded by Friday.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by blackbriar: 8:31am On Apr 15, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Objectively speaking, Wike cannot prove the money belongs to Amaechi and Rivers unless Amaechi himself makes this admission.

But if it is true that the NIA claimed ownership they can easily prove it.

Who owns the apartment may be irrelevant. NIA can rent accommodation from wherever.

If however, the NIA owns the money, what sort of operations were they running that require 43 million USD at a go?

Nothing in this saga adds up

My broda even CIA go dey fear...43million dollars ,dem wan investigate God ni?
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by Nellybii: 8:31am On Apr 15, 2017
Who is autoreport.com that the government didn't hold a press conference.
Now you got your traffic. Later Wike will come out to deny this lol
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by 2bam: 8:32am On Apr 15, 2017
who owns the meat that was stolen frpm the cooking pot.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by oyienootieno: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2017
PHCN and other big projects are lacking funds according to the govt. Please don't waste anymore resource investigating the source of the money, just use it for infrastructural development anyone that is pained should go to court and explain how he or she got the money...
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by dancewith: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2017
Isn't it surprising that days after the discovery, a big anti graft agency like efcc can't tell us the real owner of the apartment. Something that ordinarily would not take more than 24hrs

If it belonged to an opposition individuals would it be safe to say by now they would have been named and shamed. Clearly this catche of loot belongs to friendly members of the administration and hence the bending over backward to confuse and cover up the issue

It's a shame efcc has become so politicized
Re: Ikoyi $43 Million: Rivers State Government Claims Ownership by conyema12(m): 8:34am On Apr 15, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
Objectively speaking, Wike cannot prove the money belongs to Amaechi and Rivers unless Amaechi himself makes this admission.

But if it is true that the NIA claimed ownership they can easily prove it.

Who owns the apartment may be irrelevant. NIA can rent accommodation from wherever.

If however, the NIA owns the money, what sort of operations were they running that require 43 million USD at a go?

Nothing in this saga adds up

I can assure you that even Amechi can disclaim ownership of the money even if he stashed it there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'You Cannot Withdraw Your Surety Until You Produce Kanu' - Judge Tells Abaribe / Muhammad Nami Biography, 11 Things To Know About Buhari’s Nominee To Head FIRS / Osinbajo Visits Maiduguri After Boko Haram Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.