Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,676 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) (5017 Views)

South Africa Has More Fly, Sexy Girls Than Nigeria / My Opinion On Broke Guys / Opinion: Guys, Can You Cope With A Nagging Girlfriend/wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by waywardpikin: 8:30am On Apr 22, 2017
Emmerich09:
Very well said Bro, these girls are masters of putting them selves first, but we guys tend to sacrifice the little we have just to please them which shouldn't be. Cuz at the end of it all they won't value it...

Ko easy lati jo m' okunrin

My written yoruba is atrocious I know cheesy

If you and Lara did not end up riding into the sunset I'm going to be royally pissed! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by Emmerich09(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
waywardpikin:

Ko easy lati jo m' okunrin

My written yoruba is atrocious I know cheesy

If you and Lara did not end up riding into the sunset I'm going to be royally pissed! cheesy
Lol guy you no go kill me oooh and i also hope you and nifemi end up chilling too smiley....
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by waywardpikin: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
lalasticlala, mynd44, fynestboi
biko in this era of broke threads upandan, no forget my own o angry angry
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by mctowel01: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2017
@ waywardpikin
Its good you are smart and not one of those wussies in form of men. Google "manipulated man" by Esther Vilar. You will understand more of this better

1 Like

Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by waywardpikin: 1:34am On Jun 03, 2017
mctowel01:
@ waywardpikin
Its good you are smart and not one of those wussies in form of men. Google "manipulated man" by Esther Vilar. You will understand more of this better

I've read the book before. The irony is that the book was written by a woman.

lalasticlala who do you think is more impoverished in Nigeria? Guys or girls?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 03, 2017
what type of wipe rag is this undecided
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by stuffs4me(m): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2017
Michellekabod:

My latest ex met me when I was somewhat wealthy-not exaggerating but no billions o....
I never asked for a dine but yet got allowances. Gifts et al.
So it aint only broke gals that collect stuff from guys.
If you love a gal. Commit to her emotionally,financially, physically et all.
Is it a crime to stop at a bouquet to get her a pair of shoes that you feel will look great on her? Men love by giving... I am not saying you should let a gal turn you to an ATM o....but there are little things she need not to ask you before giving... To make her feel special and cared for

Men love by giving while women love by taking abi..

Oya clap for yourself.
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by waywardpikin: 8:50am On Jun 03, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:
what type of wipe rag is this undecided

Must be your clothes
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 03, 2017
waywardpikin:

Must be your clothes
ha ha. Thats funny

1 Like

Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by waywardpikin: 6:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Top of the morning guys. Don't forget to spread the gospel that this thread teaches. Deuces.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 18, 2017
obiorathesubtle:
Broke females are the petty and vain rats who scour the pockets of men, both single and married, to satisfy their frivolous wants..

The live above their means..

With their low self esteem, they want to look as fancy as the next girl.

They want the most expensive and shiny things on the market, they're loud, boastful, Lazy, and materialistic..

Once a man comes across this set of swines, our hunger for fanny clouds our moral judgement or even intelligence..

Stay away from these unproductive baboons, lest you fall..
you and tosyne2much nor get chill at all; especially when this kind of topic come up.

Your profile pics though cheesy
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by tosyne2much(m): 8:01am On Jul 18, 2017
BETlordnowpsych:
you and tosyne2'much nor get chill at all; especially when this kind of topic come up.

Your profile pics though cheesy
You mean say na my ministry be this? cheesy
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2017
tosyne2much:
You mean say na my ministry be this? cheesy
yes o. Ministry of broke.gals.should.go.and.work grin
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by tosyne2much(m): 8:33am On Jul 18, 2017
BETlordnowpsych:
yes o. Ministry of broke.gals.should.go.and.work grin
You're not far from the truth my brother cheesy
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by mablie(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
waywardpikin:
WHY I THINK THERE ARE MORE BROKE GIRLS THAN BROKE GUYS (MY OPINION, GUYS ONLY)

I don't just know what's happening in this country. I no longer keep female friends, it is not even a girlfriend matter now. You are friends with a girl and out of the blues she starts telling you she needs money for this, money for that. In the past I used to be a bit more generous, but now I have had to put a stop to having close female friends altogether cos they will want to tax you for one thing or the other. I'm not saying this for likes or anything, this is my own reality.

Usually the money is small (cos I'm 'broke'). 5k here, 3k there, 7k there... over foolish things that really don't concern me. Add all these money cumulatively and it adds up to something quite significant that can be used for something much better. I have four sisters and I endeavour to send them money to attend to their respective needs cos I don't want them to be at the mercy of s.ex starved dudes. I'm just a hustler, scrounging up cash from here and there, I don't have a car (even though I'm hoping to get something decent by year's end), so by definition of the average Nigerian girl, I'm a broke dude.

Today, I can proudly beat my chest and say it anywhere. I am broke! Come and beat me.

This situation is not peculiar to me. Many of my friends, especially the ones that are financially better off, are faced with the same situation. You cannot be friends with a girl without her imposing frivilous demands on you under various pretexts. Note: Not even girlfriend o. This particular thing made me stop being friends with my ex, who started asking me for stoopid things like I didn't have problems of my own. When she needed something she would call and say 'I MISS YOU', like that was supposed to spark my brain and make me willingly part with money. I am pretty sure she had about 5 guys all lined up who she simultaneously bills for money. We all complain about yahoo guys and how they are tarnishing the image of this country, but no one talks about these girls who are all running local yahoo on us guys who start out open hearted and generous before life's lessons make us start displaying behaviours that make people refer to us as bitter or pained.

So, yes I am bitter. Yes I am pained.

But do you know what really pains my most?

When a guy is in dire straits and in need, who helps the guy? Who comes to his aid? NO ONE!

The same guy that gives out his little change to all these girls under the pretext of friendship will have to crack his brain and come up with a solution to solve his problem ALL BY HIMSELF. He can't ask his fellow guys cos guys generally don't help each other (unless na woman) unless it's a really bosom friend and you dare not ask a female 'friend' for help or else that is the ultimate confirmation of your broke status. Don't even try it. It may just be a topic of discussion between her and her friends.

In times like this I ususally remember one of my dad's favorite quotes from a yoruba song while growing up as a child - Kò easy lati jo m' okunrin (it's not easy to be a man).

So this is an epidemic, and is not specific to relationships alone. For most Nigerian girls, it's easier to request for money than to work for it, even if she has more money than you. It's easier to spread her legs for financial and personal favours than to put in the work. This is my personal observation and opinion. Insult me if you like.

Guys, if you are broke, OWN IT!

If you are scared that she will call you broke if you don't send her 'ordinary' N5,000, don't send it! Let her call you broke-ass nigga. You wee not die! When you are stranded the same female friend will not be able to help you with ordinary 1k.

Guys, you must learn to put yourselves first. Just as the women USUALLY do. You see, we are just a means to their own selfish ends. This is a truth that I have always known but it seems the economic situation in the country has made them not to even bother being subtle about it. Do not fall prey to societal machinations and gender stereotypes that will push you to shoulder responsibilities that will be an obstacle to your own personal goals and objectives. Enough is enough.

If a girl calls you broke cos you couldn't buy her 'ordinary' Samsung Galaxy (not even iPhone 7 o, just imagine angry) just accept it. Just note that she is more impoverished than you cos she is asking you for something that she herself can't afford.

Don't allow a woman to use her reggae to spoil your blues. When shït hits the fan, she won't be there to help you. They hardly ever are.

Xoxo,

Wayward Pikin.

P.S - I also have wonderful female friends but they are in the vast minority. I can count them on one hand. Sorry, one finger.

Gracias!
Re: Why I Think There Are More Broke Girls Than Broke Guys (my Opinion, Guys Only) by busybrains: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2018
Nice 1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Female Singer Lil Kim Shows Off Her Mighty Camel Toe On Stage / My Vulnerable Fiancée / Why I Like Patronizing The Mallams/aboki's Shop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.