Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,287 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 - Romance (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 (166218 Views)

Is There Any Guy Or Girl Above 25 That Has Never Cheated For Once?? / See The Replies A Man Got After Advising Men Against Marrying Women Above 30 / "Run Away From Any Successful Lady That Is Above 30 & Single" - Physiotherapist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by babake79: 8:44am On Apr 18, 2017
Wow, just found this thread from the homepage so arriving a bit late... Well 29 pages late!

My take in this matter, I'll say I'm a single guy and kindof searching! Reason why I say kindof searching is because aunties, uncles, married friends have all tried to hook me up with someone but it's never worked out. Like someone mentioned in here, this naija is full of slay Queens who are more interested in their phones and are only capable of taking selfies than holding an intelligent conversation.

Might just be me though but if I speak for most guys in their 30s, we are intelligent enough to know what we want in a woman and are pretty much not willing to compromise on certain personality traits.
Might be the same for the ladies but can't speak for them so I don't know.

For me now, I can't hook up with a passive chic, I'm from a family of strong women so I have no attraction for a passive lady who has the opinion that her only role in a relationship is to look good, provide sex, raise kids and that's it! I know myself, and I know I will get bored in less than a month. In that case, what's the point of entering such a union that should last FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

So I'll say, don't let your age scare you... What will be will be... But you do have to be open minded and know yourself enough to know what traits you can compromise on and what traits you can't.

(P. S, the 79 on my username is not my birth year shocked or my age shocked shocked) lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by schendy(f): 8:48am On Apr 18, 2017
Interesting thread.

How do I start.... going on 29 (look 24 though), in my opinion, marriage sometimes seems overrated, be that as it may, I would definitely love to be married and stay married, but the guys of these days ehn..... I reserve my comments ... Anyway I still believe there are Amazing, Honest, Hardworking, intelligent, matured, goal and family oriented guys out there I just feel they are few and far in between.

I would love to make friends, male and female not withstanding.

3 Likes

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by Toks2008(m): 8:50am On Apr 18, 2017
Immorttal:
so uncle you senior me with 11years and still single yet come dey give me relationship advice. cool

Lol! who else should advice you if not me?

As you wrote...I'm older than you with 11freaking years...I have walked the matrimonial road and I'm knowledgeable enough by virtue of age and what I have seen,heard and experienced so yes I give advise and it's left for you to accept it or ignore..
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by Toks2008(m): 8:53am On Apr 18, 2017
schendy:
Interesting thread.

How do I start.... going on 29 (look 24 though)

Sis biko let's see your pics small even if you have to cover your face with your phone.
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by Toks2008(m): 8:57am On Apr 18, 2017
All the timid ladies forming here that they can't upload their pics even if they have to stylishly cover their face with their phones I say a big sorry.
Out there is no different from right here cos we have great minds online...on this thread are great guys and ladies..professionals,achievers and these people are hardly seen in the real world but would gladly interact here at their leisure time
No one wants to be a friend to a masquerade and any lady wey no get dp should better not bother making comments cos it will only end there as she is anonymous and perhaps on a rare case strike friendship.
Humans are selective and if I have to be your friend for a salient purpose of romance,I will really want to be with a lady who is physically OK "by my standard"
and of course a pics will give me an idea of how you look....remember..attraction first before interaction.
So ladies must understand that this is not about wanting a man by all means or being desperate....it'd just logical...
Please avoid timidity and be liberal,open minded and sociable.
Wishing you all a fruitful week ahead.

1 Like

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2017
babake79:
Wow, just found this thread from the homepage so arriving a bit late... Well 29 pages late!

My take in this matter, I'll say I'm a single guy and kindof searching! Reason why I say kindof searching is because aunties, uncles, married friends have all tried to hook me up with someone but it's never worked out. Like someone mentioned in here, this naija is full of slay Queens who are more interested in their phones and are only capable of taking selfies than holding an intelligent conversation.

Might just be me though but if I speak for most guys in their 30s, we are intelligent enough to know what we want in a woman and are pretty much not willing to compromise on certain personality traits.
Might be the same for the ladies but can't speak for them so I don't know.

For me now, I can't hook up with a passive chic, I'm from a family of strong women so I have no attraction for a passive lady who has the opinion that her only role in a relationship is to look good, provide sex, raise kids and that's it! I know myself, and I know I will get bored in less than a month. In that case, what's the point of entering such a union that should last FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!

So I'll say, don't let your age scare you... What will be will be... But you do have to be open minded and know yourself enough to know what traits you can compromise on and what traits you can't.

(P. S, the 79 on my username is not my birth year shocked or my age shocked shocked) lol
Hi Latecomer79
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by Toks2008(m): 9:04am On Apr 18, 2017
cuteme88:

No need!!! ping me at 58B9BC3F.
Yeah let the PMs pings and interaction continue.

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by citas(f): 9:12am On Apr 18, 2017

(P. S, the 79 on my username is not my birth year shocked or my age shocked shocked) lol [/quote]

gbam, u nailed it dear
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by babake79: 9:18am On Apr 18, 2017
Toks2008:
All the timid ladies forming here that they can't upload their pics even if they have to stylishly cover their face with their phones I say a big sorry.
Out there is no different from right here cos we have great minds online...on this thread are great guys and ladies..professionals,achievers and these people are hardly seen in the real world but would gladly interact here at their leisure time
No one wants to be a friend to a masquerade and any lady wey no get dp should better not bother making comments cos it will only end there as she is anonymous and perhaps on a rare case strike friendship.
Humans are selective and if I have to be your friend for a salient purpose of romance,I will really want to be with a lady who is physically OK "by my standard"
and of course a pics will give me an idea of how you look....remember..attraction first before interaction.
So ladies must understand that this is not about wanting a man by all means or being desperate....it'd just logical...

Bros, I don't fully agree o... In as much as physical attraction is crucial in a relationship, it's not the be all and end all.
The most attractive trait a woman can have is humility, followed by intelligence. Anyone can get dolled up one day, and post a pic... There are some girls (maybe most) that when you see their natural face, you'll run... But you got attracted to the makeup.

I believe that guys at this stage (30s) shouldn't be fooled by looks anymore. They should fall for the girls mind, and then looks not the other way round.
Again not saying looks are not important... A super smart, humble girl that makes no effort in her physical appearance is still a no no I'm afraid!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by babake79: 9:19am On Apr 18, 2017
citas:

gbam, u nailed it dear

Was being sarcastic dear...
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by b03liberty(m): 9:20am On Apr 18, 2017
Beautiful thread. Well done babaT.
I believe I will meet Fatima here, Khadijat just left for I never fully employed angry
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by babake79: 9:20am On Apr 18, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

Hi Latecomer79

Hello speedy
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by dogoFara(f): 9:27am On Apr 18, 2017
RuggedArab:

I can attest that we have good girls with brains out there but how to find them in this 21st century is kinda hard because they are scared and they hide.

This is a fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by MrEverest(m): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2017
alexialin:

If u can be open minded outside your comfort zone and hopefully accept other tribes from other states. You will end up not only having a gf/fiancee. But end up having the wife that fulfils at least 95percent of what u are looking for.
Trust me on that.
I don't really discriminate based on ethnicity or race, I can marry from anywhere in the world, so far we are compatible and she is good natured and appealing. Thanks for your input dear, you are not bad looking either.

1 Like

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by babake79: 9:29am On Apr 18, 2017
dogoFara:

This is a fact

So where can we find these girls? Do we have to go drag them from their hiding places??
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by cuteme88(f): 9:29am On Apr 18, 2017
Toks2008:

Yeah let the PMs pings and interaction continue.
Na today? PMS ping will end soonest!!!
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by citas(f): 9:31am On Apr 18, 2017
babake79:

Was being sarcastic dear...
where is the sarcasm coming from? u jux wrote smtin abt not minding d age and knowing wat traits u want and I agreed. pls I dnt understand d sarcastic aspect o, or am I d only one not getting d jokes?
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by cogsej06(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2017
schendy:
Interesting thread.

How do I start.... going on 29 (look 24 though), in my opinion, marriage sometimes seems overrated, be that as it may, I would definitely love to be married and stay married, but the guys of these days ehn..... I reserve my comments ... Anyway I still believe there are Amazing, Honest, Hardworking, intelligent, matured, goal and family oriented guys out there I just feel they are few and far in between.

Hw abt women of nawadays? Truth is me self am scared, i don't even know who genuinely loves me. I pray God guides n direct me.
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by Toks2008(m): 9:40am On Apr 18, 2017
babake79:

Bros, I don't fully agree o... In as much as physical attraction is crucial in a relationship, it's not the be all and end all.
The most attractive trait a woman can have is humility, followed by intelligence. Anyone can get dolled up one day, and post a pic... There are some girls (maybe most) that when you see their natural face, you'll run... But you got attracted to the makeup.

I believe that guys at this stage (30s) shouldn't be fooled by looks anymore. They should fall for the girls mind, and then looks not the other way round.
Again not saying looks are not important... A super smart, humble girl that makes no effort in her physical appearance is still a no no I'm afraid!

No matter how you look at it. ..guys will forever be visual homo sapiens and whatever is pleasing to the eyes will inadvertently be pleasing to the soul.

Convlusively I still maintain that attraction first before interaction which will make you as a man or woman decide if that person is worth it or not.

1 Like

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by afm4ever(m): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2017
Vivipop:
Be it done unto you according to Your wish.
amen!
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 9:46am On Apr 18, 2017
babake79:

Hello speedy
Funny how 'Speedy came late' to a thread like this. How are you?
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by schendy(f): 9:54am On Apr 18, 2017
Toks2008:

I understand, but also know that some persons are extremely shy, the main reason they find this faceless forum a safe haven.
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by babake79: 10:04am On Apr 18, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:

Funny how 'Speedy came late' to a thread like this.
How are you?

How am I?? Hmmm... you don't want me to start o... Not enough space in this thread!

Let's not disturb the others...
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by babake79: 10:07am On Apr 18, 2017
schendy:

I understand, but also know that some persons are extremely shy, the main reason they find this faceless forum a safe haven.

That's true... But sometimes, to make a change, you just have to drag yourself out of your comfort zone

1 Like

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 10:10am On Apr 18, 2017
babake79:

How am I?? Hmmm... you don't want me to start o... Not enough space in this thread!

Let's not disturb the others...
Lol. At least you're alive. That's good news.
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by rubi96(f): 10:11am On Apr 18, 2017
cuteme88:
I think on my own perspective you are right as i can't stand for other people. I've met a lot of people older than me that are so desperate and keeps making mistake in their choice of partner. and yet when it fails they just jump into another relationship without giving a space of time to think, i will be like..... what
Back to me; i am 29yrs old, single and the more i age the less my interest in marriage..I will be clocking 29 this month and i just feel like not involving in any rlationship. just be myself,focus on my career and move on...
same as me o. a little older than you are. it worsens when people keep asking, "when are you getting married?"
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by Leriebloom(f): 10:24am On Apr 18, 2017
Omoluabi16:
but I proposed to you first and them don carry you go finish.

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by dogoFara(f): 10:25am On Apr 18, 2017
babake79:

So where can we find these girls? Do we have to go drag them from their hiding places??

Well, I can only speak for myself. It isn't rocket science that you can only meet such people through mutual friends, online forums like this and the very few times they go out. I used to be indoors so much that even when I was on break no one knew. It got exhausting when I started to feel the need to share my inner space with someone, so I decided to go out once in a while even take a stroll so it doesn't get to depression Stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by CzarChris(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2017
snakebeat:

are u d only child?
constant pressure @31?
Only son actually, I've got a kid sister.
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by KevinDein: 10:38am On Apr 18, 2017
schendy:
Interesting thread.

grin
The guys are complaining about the ladies; the ladies are complaining about the guys. Who is truly at fault?

Perhaps we've been meeting the wrong people. Probably looking for love from the wrong people and in the wrong places.

About time we started telling ourselves the truth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by Omoluabi16(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2017
Leriebloom:

Lmao grin grin grin
Diaris godooo. continue hoarding your 4th finger.
Re: For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2017
KevinDein:

grin
The guys are complaining about the ladies; the ladies are complaining about the guys. Who is truly at fault?

Perhaps we've been meeting the wrong people. Probably looking for love from the wrong people and in the wrong places.

About time we started telling ourselves the truth.
There's no such thing as looking for love in the wrong place, the mistake we make is looking for love in the wrong people and until we meet the right people, the complaints and blame games will continue.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (67) (Reply)

Oluchi's Huge Boobs Cause Commotion On Instagram (photos) / Mr Nairaland - December 2014 Edition [campaign Thread] / Can Your Man Kiss Your Feet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.