Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why (42158 Views)

"Nigeria Will Soon Be The Envy Of The World" - VP Osinbajo / Biafra: Jerry Gana Reveals Why Nigeria Will Never Break Up. / Britain Says It Will Not Allow Nigeria To Break Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Kellibae(f): 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

do you realy believe we will let any basstard to touch your igbo children in the future??.....the yorubas will not,the hausas will not...

sooo,what are you yabbing the ol time about??...

military men beat up a igbo disabled man,we all cried bloody hell..
what makes you think the rest of nigeria will
allow anything to happen to your igbo children in the future....??

This one is shallow pls .. look for another excuse.. u cried hell because he is DISABLED
Bcox no sane person will suport the maltreatment of the disabled i dnt even think the devil himself himself would. undecided
if not for his condition u lots will be blabbing here how stubborn igbos are..
Especially u i hav known u here as a conc tribalist!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2017
igbos are all zoo biaanimals....gbam...
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by bantudra: 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
Kellibae:

This one is shallow pls .. look for another excuse.. u cried hell because he is DISABLED
Bcox no sane person will suport the maltreatment of the disabled i dnt even think the devil himself himself would. undecided
if not for his condition u lots will be blabbing here how stubborn igbos are..

who cares what you think...not even your igbo men take you igbo women serious....am not even igbo...why the hell should i take a igbo woman serious??...
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Okeikpu(m): 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2017
Etogist:
So long a letter. Unfortunately, your long epistle is only good for a trash. Biafra is a done deal.
You dey mind the anu mpamas.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Kellibae(f): 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

who cares what you think...not even your igbo men take you igbo women serious....am not even igbo...why the hell should i take a igbo woman serious??...

Another offpoint!..
Nobody is askin u if u take igbo women serious or not... AND WE DONT CARE BIKO cool
And our men loves us and we love them so so much. cool
But dats not the issue here my dear.
U are diverting now becox i hit with the truth.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by willibounce1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2017
Well it's really a tough decision but I think going separate ways will be best for us. Except we are ready to Sit down and have an agreement about how we run this country. Agreement should be made on zoning. South south rules for 4 years and automatically, south East takes over for another four years, south West take over and the north. It continues to rotate with strict rules that must be followed. Everything should be balanced. And th masses must learn to hold their leaders responsible at all levels. No one sided appointment because someone is from your region. We must balance appointments across all regions. It will be sort of a competition at the end of the day. If the man from the south south rules the country well, I'm sure the man from the south East, West or North would not want to disappoint. But if the people from the north want to continue to think that they own the country, then we won't stop having problems. Sometimes I watch channels news and all I keep seeing and hearing is aboki names as head of almost all govt parastatals, even Nigerian army, navy, airforce, customs..na so so aboki names. Things will definitely not work if we continue like this. We must balance it or make everybody find their way.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by VULCAN(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2017
An incredibly erudite response. I think the killer blow you gave to OP's rehashed article is that we should not let Lugard's decision made over a hundred years ago thwart the desires of millions of people today. U deserve a medal

kingzizzy:
The OP's epistle is one of the longest I have ever bothered to read on Nairaland. It is well written, which is one of its few merits.

I want the OP to know that Britain, our colonial masters have held two referendum since 2014 and another one is scheduled for 2018/19

Scotland is a constituent part of Britain, the 5th richest nation in the world. Despite all the advantages of Scotland being part of Britain, they still agitate to leave Britain. Why? The answer is in one word, sovereignty. The OP is talking about Nigeria, far below Britain, why would the Scots be even thinking of seceding from the 5th richest nation on Earth? And not just Scotland, elements of Northern Ireland want to leave too and join their kith and kin in the Irish Republic. If our own colonial masters can contemplate secession, then who are we that they brought together to say we are indivisible?

The question of Nigeria breaking up or the reasons why it shouldnt break up does not arise. Our colonial masters Britain voted to leave the EU, the single largest market in the world and the richest, who are we to question their democratic decision? It is theirs to make.

The same should be applied to the issue of those who agitate or are agitating to leave the Nigerian colonial contraption called Nigeria. Im an Igbo man, I dont deny that the activities if the colonial masters helped to unify the Igbo nation that used to be a scattered cluster of confederations, but that is no longer the point

The point is who wants to continue being a 'Nigerian' and who does not. Despite the huge potential of Nigeria as the largest black nation on earth, it should the decision of its constituent people to decide if the want to carry on with it same as our colonial masters, Britain, allowed Scotland to decide and will still allow them to decide again in 2018/19.

People can argue the pros and cons of Nigeria being together or breaking up from now to eternity but unless we accept that it is the ultimate right of the people to decide. We must trust the people to decide their fate rather than trusting Lugard to decide it for us. If the people are denied their God given right to decide their fate, then it all means that Nigeria is an instrument of bondage and it will never work

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by mu2sa2: 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2017
They have been killing themselves without biafra - aguleri vs umuleri, ezza vs izzilo, ritualists, cultists, killer kidnappers etc. What difference would biafra even make other than to join south Sudan and Somalia as failed state.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by divide9ja: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
mu2sa2:
They have been killing themselves without biafra - aguleri vs umuleri, ezza vs izzilo, ritualists, cultists, killer kidnappers etc. What difference would biafra even make other than to join south Sudan and Somalia as failed state.

Your greatest fear is being left to go back to farming.

Well let me tell you something, you have leeched too much of our oil.
You dont like us and call us 5%

Well this 5% dey make una all fear

Just bear one thing in mind, that

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by obaaderemi: 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
Staying together has not solved our problems.Going our separate ways can never take us lower than we are already.If you are down as Nigeria is,then you should fear no falling.In 1988 power generation was 3000mw for a population of 80m.Today we barely generate same 3000mw for a population nearing 180m.Look at small nations like Ghana,Togo,Benin,Cotedvoire and Kenya.The only edge they have over us is power supply.In the sixties western region generated power from Eleyele.University of Ife was standard.Today,centralization has made everyone lazy and given too much power to the largely illiterate fulanis.OP,your argument is weak.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by goaldynboy: 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

hardcore!.....they dont want to stop...i made up my mind..i dont want anything to do with igbos no more....

So what are you waiting for? Let's divide Nigeria so that all man will go his way!!! sad

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ibenny(f): 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2017
Sorry OP this thread makes no sense....its high time we stop fooling ourselves. We Nigerians know the truth deep down. Nigeria is already apart.
If those politicians and parties who claims to have the country interest in mind really love this country; they would have opt-in for decentralization of power for regional government (that is the only way the so-called Nigeria can be one) but aside that, forget it.

Because when that presidential sit is weak, elections and governing will not be on favorism or sentimental.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by chiedu7: 3:26pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudra:

hardcore!.....they dont want to stop...i made up my mind..i dont want anything to do with igbos no more....

please let us go in peace then.

you dont like us, but the fear of us leave dey paralyse you.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Okeikpu(m): 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2017
bantudr:

do you realy believe we will let any basstard to touch your igbo children in the future??.....the yorubas will not,the hausas will not...

sooo,what are you yabbing the ol time about??...

military men beat up a igbo disabled man,we all cried bloody hell..what makes you think the rest of nigeria will allow anything to happen to your igbo children in the future....??
Plss borrow me that thing you're smoking.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by chairman010: 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2017
Ukaegbuagbaieni:
ln God We Trust
the Land of the rising Sun

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
Until the oil eventually dries up! We will not be allowed to leave.. . It seems the oil is more of a curse than of blessing.

Free Biafra!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Flashh: 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2017
If you say so.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Authencity2012: 3:41pm On Apr 19, 2017
Keep living in ur dream of one Nigeria,the south are preparing to remove parasite north and stay alone.u better be looking for how to survive.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ugosample(m): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
All these my people shouting that the country should disintegrate, what is the guarantee that any constituent unit will be better off if they leave,?

The constituent units of Nigeria will be worse off if the country sinks tomorrow
Or do you think you just draw new borders and all will be fine?

Let's reason this thing na

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Flashh: 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2017
chiedu7:

please let us go in peace then.

you dont like us, but the fear of us leave dey paralyse you.
Guy, chillax okay? Lol
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by skywalker240(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19, 2017
i read everythin u wrote, and i realised its sensless, because u are one sided

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by codemaniacs: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
k
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by chiedu7: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2017
lightblazingnow:
Source: http://chrisngwodo..com/2012/01/why-nigeria-cant-break-up.html?m=1

No bad idea is repeated as constantly as the notion that the solution to chronic violence in Nigeria is for her to "break up." The case for Nigeria's disintegration surfaces routinely after tragic episodes of violence and has emerged following the recent increase in sectarian terrorism. Some perspective is necessary. Since the days before the Civil War, beating the drums of separatism has become a sort of pre-programmed response to national calamity. Rumours of our impending divorce attended the 1964 elections, the June 12 1993 crisis, the death of Moshood Abiola in 1998 and the Sharia controversy in 2001. In 1990, a gang of over-ambitious soldiers attempting to oust the Babangida regime even purported to evict five northern states from the federation. Thus, current debates about the durability of Nigeria are nothing new.

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by chiedu7: 4:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
codemaniacs:

99% of southern Nigerians are extremely hardworking, independent, resilient and work towards been successful... So there is a very high possibility in the "constituent units" been better off and very successful as long as rebel groups are not sponsored by foreigners to cause mayhem like the case of Ojukwu and Ironsi been used to destroy regionalism(I believe the civil war was orchestrated by foreigners because the north wanted to separate during that time and the "foreigners" knew if the resources was left with southern Nigeria there was a possibility of there been a very powerful African country)..

Unlike 1966/1967 where the SE leaders wanted to rule SW(even Biafran army targeted the SW)... Present day Igbos(not igbo politicians) are more concerned about developing the SE. If Ojukwu had focused on developing the SE and not on trying to conquer other tribes then there would have never been a civil war (that's why I suspect that some northern leaders, Ojukwu and other SE leaders were cajoled into starting a war with the same north by foreigners then try to drag the SW into the war).

RUBBISH!

We did not start the war, we simply said that we are leaving.
Just like we are saying again today that we are leaving.

Flashh:

Guy, chillax okay? Lol

I am good, we just dont want to be in this zoo anymore.

And in Jesus name we are leaving

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by codemaniacs: 4:07pm On Apr 19, 2017
k
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ugosample(m): 4:08pm On Apr 19, 2017
codemaniacs:

99% of southern Nigerians are extremely hardworking, independent, resilient and work towards been successful... So there is a very high possibility in the "constituent units" been better off and very successful as long as rebel groups are not sponsored by foreigners to cause mayhem like the case of Ojukwu and Ironsi been used to destroy regionalism(I believe the civil war was orchestrated by foreigners because the north wanted to separate during that time and the "foreigners" knew if the resources was left with southern Nigeria there was a possibility of there been a very powerful African country)..

Unlike 1966/1967 where the SE leaders wanted to rule SW(even Biafran army targeted the SW)... Present day Igbos(not igbo politicians) are more concerned about developing the SE. If Ojukwu had focused on developing the SE and not on trying to conquer other tribes then there would have never been a civil war (that's why I suspect that some northern leaders, Ojukwu and other SE leaders were cajoled into starting a war with the same north by foreigners then try to drag the SW into the war).

And you think those from the north are not hard working?
There are millions of farmers in the north, our silos and good basin is up there

If that route is cut off for just two weeks, we in the south would be in serious trouble.

The thing is that, as the OP said, we are interdependent and we need each other. It will be big folly to believe that the north is completely useless or "parasitic" as some people call it.
If that is the case, how much does the SE contribute to the national coffers that they are collecting money from the proceeds of oil too. Judging by that definition, it means that the SE is parasitic too.
What of the SW states minus Lagos?

The only solution is for us to work out our differences, and know that more Unite us than separate us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by codemaniacs: 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2017
k

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Keenysbojan(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2017
the best illusion, nigeria need seperation.
Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by kayceecompany: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
I agree with you. Every LGA chairman, Governor, and Govt Officials have tasted corruption and dividing the nation may not solve our problems.
But, our green Passport is never a thing of pride when we travel abroad. The country is down and needs revival, so we need to do something new instead of managing what has not worked for decades. If we divide and fail like Sudan, then, we have nothing to lose because he who is lieing down is not afraid of a fall.

Ugosample:
All these my people shouting that the country should disintegrate, what is the guarantee that any constituent unit will be better off if they leave,?

The constituent units of Nigeria will be worse off if the country sinks tomorrow
Or do you think you just draw new borders and all will be fine?

Let's reason this thing na

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ugosample(m): 4:21pm On Apr 19, 2017
codemaniacs:

you are one of those northerners that pretend to be a southerner on NL grin grin

there are millions of farmers in the south, you can search NL for farmers in the south..

southern Nigeria has never and will never be dependent on northern Nigeria.. southern Nigeria have never ever been interdependent on anything cool cool

grin grin grin

You obviously don't know anything.
As we speak today, the food basket is in the north of Nigeria, if I'm doubt, go to mile 12 and other markets like that across southern Nigeria.
And why would I pretend to be a northern person?
That is the problem with my people, once you have a contrary opinion, they will say you are impersonating. How do you expect every one to reason in one direction?

The southern people are in the north contributing to man power and enterprise, while those from the north provide the lower level Labour, And most of our farm produce down south.

So what are you saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by codemaniacs: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2017
k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why by Ugosample(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2017
codemaniacs:

the food basket is in benue which was in souther Nigeria until the civil war.. grin grin grin

you're delusional cool cool

Benue is southern Nigeria shocked shocked
Na wa o.

Benue, Nasarawa, Niger, plateau and bauchi, amongst other states are the food basket of the country, and they are ALL in northern Nigeria

So what are you saying that benue is south cheesy grin

You must be an illiterate Onitsha trader, because you are reasoning like them

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2023- Strategy Igbos Are Using In Campaigning For Tinubu In The Grassroot. / Shekarau's Defection To PDP In 2014 & 2022 In Pictures: Has Anything Changed? / Confusion As Photo Of President Tinubu Appears In PDP Program Of Event In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.