Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor (20198 Views)

Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband / Rivers 2019: How Amaechi Convinced Me To Run As APC Candidate —tonye Cole / Rivers 2019: Amaechi Fights Abe, Calls Him Traitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
are ukwa and ngwa under same senatorial zone in abia?

Yes, Abia South.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Normality:

When I was in Femie Abuloma, quite a good number of the indigenes speak and communicate with Igbo, how is that so?

Which idigenes speak Ibo?
All the Ibos you see in either Fimie or Abuloma are from the SE.
So you didn't hear people speak Ibibio?
Neither did you hear people speak Hausa.
Na only ibo you hear.
Fimie is a clan of Ogoloma, in mainland Okrika, though they have lots of Ibo mothers.
Abuloma is a mixture of Abua and Okrika and in Abuloma asides their local dialect you hear more of Abua.
All other languages including your ibo is from outsiders not indigenes.

So 99% of the people you see speaking either ibo, Ibibio, Hausa or any other language to themselves are not indigenes of Abuloma or Fimie.
If you had said this of Amadi-ama I would have agreed.
In Amadi-ama majority of the old mothers there are Ibos married by rivers men, who from time to time have brought their siblings from the SE to come get a better life, making the ibo population there to be high and presently competing with Okrika which is the local language.

Moreover when I was in Enugu some of the indigenes communicate in Hausa, how is that so? grin
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
hammer6:

Diette spit and subsequent ijaw, hausa and yoruba gov of Rivers from 1976 to 1999 instituted anti-igbo policy in attempt to erase any trace of igbo from Rivers State and were successful becos they made sure igbo groups like Ikwere not to recognise themselves anymore. Even the igbo groups from Imo and Abia started to doubt their igbo identity.

such is no longer obtainable in present rivers. many ikwerre presently identify as simply igbo ie. cheif isaac wonwu and co. at the last ikwerre political meeting at presidential hotel i was surprised many wore red caps,i even thought they were from etche cause etche chiefs love wearing red caps.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
such is no longer obtainable in present rivers. many ikwerre presently identify as simply igbo ie. cheif isaac wonwu and co. at the last ikwerre political meeting at presidential hotel i was surprised many wore red caps,i even thought they were from etche cause etche chiefs love wearing red caps.

Wearing red cap now makes one ibo.
I have learnt a new thing from you.
Whenever I wear a red cap I am ibo.
Whenever I put on a suit I'm a white man.
Wow.... everyday I learn something new. grin
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

Which idigenes speak Ibo?
All the Ibos you see in either Fimie or Abuloma are from the SE.
So you didn't hear people speak Ibibio?
Neither did you hear people speak Hausa.
Na only ibo you hear.
Fimie is a clan of Ogoloma, in mainland Okrika, though they have lots of Ibo mothers.
Abuloma is a mixture of Abua and Okrika and in Abuloma asides their local dialect you hear more of Abua.
All other languages including your ibo is from outsiders not indigenes.

So 99% of the people you see speaking either ibo, Ibibio, Hausa or any other language to themselves are not indigenes of Abuloma or Fimie.
In Amadi-ama majority of the old mothers there are Ibos married by rivers men, who from time to time have brought their siblings from the SE to come get a better life, making the ibo population there to be high and presently competing with Okrika which is the local language.

Moreover when I was in Enugu some of the indigenes communicate in Hausa, how is that so? grin
oga you are contradicting your self he is talking about igbo influence in abuloma(which you agreed that many wifes and mothers there are igbo),not whether abuloma are of abua and wakrike origin. secondly i think you are fooolish use that word SE to describe igbo cause many of us upland rivers people marry from riverine areas(mind u we are mainly igbo speaking).
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by IkpuMmadu: 2:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
how i wish these men can come

ugomba,odenigboaroli,asadike,hopeathand,Onenaira1,missy89, 1bkay3, 1bkaye,
superduperjay, TonySpike,
Ritchiee, BlaqCoffee109, mcfarlin,
Ioannes, forgiveness,
ghostofsparta, dollyak, spicygal, IlekeHD
dollyparton1, angiography okeikpu
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

Wearing red cap now makes one ibo.
I have learnt a new thing from you.
Whenever I wear a red cap I am ibo.
Whenever I put on a suit I'm a white man.
Wow.... everyday I learn something new. grin
oga you are not ndoki or ikwerre or etche or onelga,infact you are not even an upland rivers man so you dont know our culture. why are u commenting on things you knw nothing about. if you are wakrike and you call yourself ijo is it my(ndoki-igbo) concern?

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
IkpuMmadu:
how i wish these men can come

ugomba,odenigboaroli,asadike,hopeathand,Onenaira1,missy89, 1bkay3, 1bkaye,
superduperjay, TonySpike,
Ritchiee, BlaqCoffee109, mcfarlin,
Ioannes, forgiveness,
ghostofsparta, dollyak, spicygal, IlekeHD
dollyparton1, angiography okeikpu
ugomba is delta-igbo and not upland rivers
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:

oga you are contradicting your self he is talking about igbo influence in abuloma(which you agreed that many wifes and mothers there are igbo),not whether abuloma are of abua and wakrike origin. secondly i think you are fooolish use that word SE to describe igbo cause many of us upland rivers people marry from riverine areas(mind u we are mainly igbo speaking).

If at all you and him have sense then you will know that you and your ibo brothers always want to show yourself whereever you go.
He heard people speaking ibo in Abuloma and Fimie and concluded that they are indigenes, but refused to hear the ibibio and other languages prominent there.

I shake my head in disgust at your level of understanding.

Come to Amadi-ama down to Tere-ama, abuloma and even okuru you will here different languages spoken by outsiders who live there and not just ibos.
The local dialect in those places is Okrika with Abua in Abuloma.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

his point about igbo influence in riverine rivers state(supposedly ijo areas) is that u cant come to ogu town,bonny,degema etc and starting insulting indigenes with igbo cause many of them will understand your igbo insults UNLIKE patani escravos gbaramatu(ijo lands in delta).
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

If at all you and him have sense then you will know that you and your ibo brothers always want to show yourself whereever you go.
He heard people speaking ibo in Abuloma and Fimie and concluded that they are indigenes, but refused to hear the ibibio and other languages prominent there.

I shake my head in disgust at your level of understanding.
i dont understand your logic,the fact is that many riverine/ijoid people from riverers state speak and undetstand igbo. i am in bonny now and many pepple bearing people here speak good igbo.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:

his point about igbo influence in riverine rivers state(supposedly ijo areas) is that u cant come to ogu town,bonny,degema etc and starting insulting indigenes with igbo cause many of them will understand your igbo insults UNLIKE patani escravos gbaramatu(ijo lands in delta).

He has no point.
He should tell his ibo brothers to remain in their enclave and stop causing nuisance everywhere in Rivers State.

This thread is about Oyigbo. He should stick to it and stop extending his lies southwards.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

Come to Amadi-ama down to Tere-ama, abuloma and even okuru you will here different languages spoken by outsiders who live there and not just ibos.
The local dialect in those places is Okrika with Abua in Abuloma.
come to hospital road(my strt) bonny,bonny island and see fortune pepple speak igbo opposite st.luke .

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
i dont understand your logic,the fact is that many riverine/ijoid people from riverers state speak and undetstand igbo. i am in bonny now and many pepple bearing people here speak good igbo.

We know how Ibo language became popular in bonny via slave trade. That doesn't make the pepples, Stowes, Benstowes, Harts, Jumbos, Oko-Jumbos and many more Ibos.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

He has no point.
He should tell his ibo brothers to remain in their enclave and stop causing nuisance everywhere in Rivers State.

This thread is about Oyigbo. He should stick to it and stop extending his lies southwards.
but you dont find anything wrong when bayelsans and gbaramatu people try to tell me(us) uplanders our origin and who we are?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

We know how Ibo language became popular in bonny via slave trade. That doesn't make the pepples, Stowes, Benstowes, Harts, Jumbos, Oko-Jumbos and many more Ibos.
bros but ibani issue is complicated oh not like wakrike or kalabari were igbo influence is only maternal. infact many jumbos harts etc are from abia eg. uche jumbo
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by pazienza(m): 3:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
slivertongue:

Which of the state in the SE does not run cap in hand to the centre for hand outs? where are the industrial parks? except for Anambra is their any integrated blueprint for development? Aint there manifest failure of institutional accountability in the states in the region? is urban renewal the only essence of government? Are infrastructure in the rural areas up to standard?

the SE is not actually growing, roads with inflated cost aint development, "political" university wont offer functional knowledge. The should have gone past her present state if not for the bandits appointed for the region after the war.

Abia may be dirty with bad leaders but is head and shoulders above imo, enugu and ebonyi when it comes to the productive capacity of her economy yet there is no linkage to vertical development. the rest are worse and dead without oil wealth and that is the basis for my generalization

Please, what state are you from, let's compare it to Enugu and Imo in all aspect of human development.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
pazienza:

Please, what state are you from, let's compare it to Enugu and Imo in all aspect of human development.
slivertongue abeg answer him na abi u dey fear?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
bros but ibani issue is complicated oh not like wakrike or kalabari were igbo influence is only maternal. infact many jumbos harts etc are from abia eg. uche jumbo

There's a difference between Jumbo and Jombo.
Bonny bears Jumbo not Jombo.
Moreover, ibos don't answer compound/family names. They bear their father's name or whatever surname he chooses, while we in Rivers bear Compound names. A name thats past on from generation to generation.
Show me a Hart and I'll tell you where that person is from in Rivers state.
Show me a Briggs and I'll tell you where that person is from. And so on.
Ibos bear anything their father chooses to answer.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 4:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
but you dont find anything wrong when bayelsans and gbaramatu people try to tell me(us) uplanders our origin and who we are?

No Bayelsan or Gbatamatu person has opened any thread or made any write up concerning the history of upland Rivers.
It's the ibos trying so hard everyday to make Rivers ibo and force their ideology unto us.
Just go through nairaland and show me 1.

Even this thread was opened by an Ibo bigot.
No Oyigbo man or woman will open a thread agitating for an Oyigbo governor will use Ndoki-Igbo as a title.
What we have in Rivers is Oyigbo, Etche and Omuma; keep it as it is and don't force the ibo title.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
come to hospital road(my strt) bonny,bonny island and see fortune pepple speak igbo opposite st.luke .

Same way we are both typing in English.
Meaning anyone can learn any language.
Abi we don turn Britons based on say we dey use English language?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

There's a difference between Jumbo and Jombo.
Bonny bears Jumbo not Jombo.
Moreover, ibos don't answer compound/family names. They bear their father's name or whatever surname he chooses, while we in Rivers bear Compound names. A name thats past on from generation to generation.
Show me a Hart and I'll tell you where that person is from in Rivers state.
Show me a Briggs and I'll tell you where that person is from. And so on.
Ibos bear anything their father chooses to answer.
compound/boat house name only exist in riverine cultures and community which is less than 30% of todays rivers state. we in oyigbo plus our brothers in etche ikwerre etc dont have such culture even ogonis dont so dont generalise, secondly people from abia bear both jombo and jumbo is just spelling
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

No Bayelsan or Gbatamatu person has opened any thread or made any write up to concerning the history of upland Rivers.
It's the ibos trying so hard everyday to make Rivers ibo and force their ideology unto us.
Just go through nairaland and show me 1.

Even this thread was opened by an Ibo bigot.
No Oyigbo man or woman will open a thread agitating for an Oyigbo governor will use Ndoki-Igbo as a title.
What we have in Rivers is Oyigbo, Etche and Omuma; keep it as it is and don't force the ibo title.
do you see why in the past people they tell una okrika wake up in ph. calling ndoki igbo in rivers is equvalent to calling okrika ijo,although those terms are alien in our politics especially to you younger folks but thats what they are essentially,and this is the root of upland riverine dichotomy. ask amarabae she is from oyigbo like me and she is outspoken on NL, pls answer this 1. where in rivers are u from? 2. if u are from okrika kalabari opobo etc do you identify as ijo?. if your answers are yes then you have no right and moral to tell any ndoki/asa not to identify as igbo.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
compound/boat house name only exist in riverine cultures and community which is less than 30% of todays rivers state. we in oyigbo plus our brothers in etche ikwerre etc dont have such culture even ogonis dont so dont generalise, secondly people from abia bear both jombo and jumbo is just spelling

That's a reply to your claim of Jumbo.
I wonder how Jumbo of Bonny relates to Jombo in Abia.

You call Engene in Ahoada west, Abua/Odual, Akuku-Toru, Asari-Toru, Degema, Bonny, Andoni, Opobo, Okrika, Ogu-bolo and southern Port Harcourt from Borokiri down to Okujagwu less than 30%?

Stop lying to yourself.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Amarabae(f): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
do you see why in the past people they tell una okrika wake up in ph. calling ndoki igbo in rivers is equvalent to calling okrika ijo,although those terms are alien in our politics especially to you younger folks but thats what they are essentially,and this is the root of upland riverine dichotomy. ask amarabae she is from oyigbo like me and she is outspoken on NL, pls answer this 1. where in rivers are u from? 2. if u are from okrika kalabari opobo etc do you identify as ijo?. if your answers are yes then you have no right and moral to tell any ndoki/asa not to identify as igbo.
Don't mind these people, I am happy that identity issue is scanty in Asa/Ndoki, we know who we are and that in my own case, Asa by tribe, Igbo by ethnicity.. Simple.
Any intruder that want to colonise oyigbo lga will be given a shock of their lives.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
Amarabae:
Don't mind these people, I am happy that identity issue is scanty in Asa/Ndoki, we know who we are and that in my own case, Asa by tribe, Igbo by ethnicity.. Simple.
Any intruder that want to colonise oyigbo lga will be given a shock of their lives.

Alright, go and use the Ndoki-Igbo tag and enter the brick house let us see how far.

There's an upland and riverine dichotomy in Rivers, with the Ogonis in the middle.
Some parts of Rivers is Igboid, but that dosent make them Ibos.
English is a Germanic language, but it doesn't make English become German.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

That's a reply to your claim of Jumbo.
I wonder how Jumbo of Bonny relates to Jombo in Abia.

You call Engene in Ahoada west, Abua/Odual, Akuku-Toru, Asari-Toru, Degema, Bonny, Andoni, Opobo, Okrika, Ogu-bolo and southern Port Harcourt from Borokiri down to Okujagwu less than 30%?

Stop lying to yourself.
How come the Okujagwu and Azuabie, an obvious Okrika community, bilingual. They speak both the Igbo and Ijaw language fluently. Any explanation?

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Kinematics: 6:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
blues20:

How come the Okujagwu and Azuabie, an obvious Okrika community, bilingual. They speak both the Igbo and Ijaw language fluently. Any explanation?

It's because of the ibo poulation there.
As of today there are more Ibos in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor LGAs than Rivers people.
And many ibo women expecially those from Imo and Abia states marry Rivers men and are now proud to say that they are from Rivers.
So what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Amarabae(f): 6:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

Alright, go and use the Ndoki-Igbo tag and enter the brick house let us see how far.

There's an upland and riverine dichotomy in Rivers, with the Ogonis in the middle.
so in your little thinking, Kalabara is ijaw but an Asa lady like me is not Igbo?
And ofcourse an Asa/Ndoki person have a big chance of taking over from Wike in 2023 than any Okrika,kalabari,etc
we will pull vote more than you, you think that an ikwerre,etche,ogba,ekpeye etc will vote for an okrika or kalabari man over an Asa/Ndoki man? You must be daydreaming.
I am a proud Igbo lady, you have no right to tell me who I or my people are.
Thanks

7 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

Your hypocrisy is alarming. Kalabaris are Ijaw, but Asa/Ndoki are not Igbo. See your life?
Going by your postulation, if this Igboid group are not Igbos, then the Wakirikes and Kalabaris are not Ijaws. Besides, an average Abuans or Engenis don't buy into that Ijaw tag, as you guys are pushing it here.

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Amarabae(f): 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

As of today there are more Ibos in Port Harcourt and Obio/Akpor LGAs than Rivers people.
So what do you expect?
Port harcourt in my own view is an ikwerre city(incase Nigeria divides). So trying to bring in an Igbo sentiment into port harcour issue does not,will not and can never make it an ijaw city.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

So what do you expect?
Dude, I heard the indigenes speaking Igbo first hand. This one no be say I read'am for book. I was in Okujagwu, for a burial, a small Okrika Island, and was shocked to hear them communicating in Igbo. By the way, which part of Port Harcourt are you from? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Governor Ajimobi Flagged-off The APC Campaign For 2019 Elections. PIC. / Buhari's 100 Days: Punch Writer Advises Garba Shehu And Adesina (must Read) / Obasanjo, Amina Mohamned, Ajimobi At Osotimehin's Church Burial Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.