Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor (20158 Views)

Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband / Rivers 2019: How Amaechi Convinced Me To Run As APC Candidate —tonye Cole / Rivers 2019: Amaechi Fights Abe, Calls Him Traitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by cheruv: 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
nengibo:

Nothing in Rivers state concerns ur likes, but let me indulge you.

So if we are going by that arrangement its Oyigbo people that will take a seat in the Brick house as against the Ogonis and the Ijaws, make them win senatorial position first.
I've decided not to answer you again like Ekinematics has said its pointless, u are not from Rivers so u deserve no response

Biko don't reply again jare...that's the most logical thing to do after being battered with facts,but due to your lack of wit you waited for ekine to tell you undecided
As long as Rivers has Igboid groups every Igbo would be interested to know what's happening there...and we can't help you if you feel uncomfortable with that fact grin

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
cheruv:

Biko don't reply again jare...that's the most logical thing to do after being battered with facts,but due to your lack of wit you waited for ekine to tell you undecided
As long as Rivers has Igboid groups every Igbo would be interested to know what's happening there...and we can't help you if you feel uncomfortable with that fact grin

Do u know, wat native language is spoken on Bonny Island? Ibani or Igbo?

p.s. bonny island is different from bonny.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by mangood74: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
I VE BEEN WATCHING FROM THE SIDE LINE, BUT I WANNA GET INVOLVE FROM HERE, SO THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BTW BONNY AND BONNY IS_ THE FORMER SPEAKS IGBO AND THE LATTER SPEAKS WHAT?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
mangood74:
I VE BEEN WATCHING FROM THE SIDE LINE, BUT I WANNA GET INVOLVE FROM HERE, SO THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BTW BONNY AND BONNY IS_ THE FORMER SPEAKS IGBO AND THE LATTER SPEAKS WHAT?

Bonny Island faces the atlantic Ocean but attached to other island further inwards that is also refered to as bonny.

I am interested in the language spoken by people on the island facing the atlantic ocean directly. (seen in the picture)

I read somewhere that it is igbo and the islanders are a mixture of Igbo, Ibibio and Ijaws. Other articles say they speak, Ibani.

Omo see confusion! Abagworo can u help here, biko nwanne?

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
hammerF:

Bonny Island faces the atlantic Ocean but attached to other island further inwards that is also refered to as bonny.

I am interested in the language spoken by people on the island facing the atlantic ocean directly. (seen in the picture)

I read somewhere that it is igbo and the islanders are a mixture of Igbo, Ibibio and Ijaws. Other articles say they speak, Ibani.

Omo see confusion! Abagworo can u help here, biko nwanne?
i currently reside at hospital road bonny town and pigeon and igbo are generally spoken

5 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by cheruv: 12:56am On Apr 23, 2017
hammerF:

Ohh yes the islanders speak Igbo... The Igbo spoken by the ukwa tribe is the type they speak. Bonny island according to history was discovered by an ngwa chieftain called alagbariye... The Rukwo later peopled the island but during the slave trade the island regained its Igbo majority and it has been like that since then.
Most of the Igbos in Rivers SE zone descended from the ukwa tribe in present Abia and Rivers states.
Bonny island is called Agwæ Ubani in Igbo

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 7:18am On Apr 23, 2017
joeprince23:
i currently reside at hospital road bonny town and pigeon and igbo are generally spoken

Cheers bro, this is much appreciated.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Large+Heavy+Duty+Clear+Plastic+Storage+Box

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg_5?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AShelf+Shelving+Unit+on+Wheels&page=5&keywords=Shelf+Shelving+Unit+on+Wheels&ie=UTF8&qid=1494520982&spIA=B01KLCY0KC,B01HO8C6AW,B01F7ABMXQ,B00H45M0PW,B01675DV3O,B01N1EXQVF,B01CP7BXFQ,B01MTF2BPP,B01LZ7S1BE,B06XFWFMH2,B01IET1B7E,B00UFUS9BC,B01G4Q3EC4,B06XG5JW6P,B01EMMV52I,B00GUJZ87K,B01F4ZTAWY,B01LXDBLS7,B01EMMV5K0,B01N9XMKGE

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 7:25am On Apr 23, 2017
cheruv:

Ohh yes the islanders speak Igbo... The Igbo spoken by the ukwa tribe is the type they speak. Bonny island according to history was discovered by an ngwa chieftain called alagbariye... The Rukwo later peopled the island but during the slave trade the island regained its Igbo majority and it has been like that since then.
Most of the Igbos in Rivers SE zone descended from the ukwa tribe in present Abia and Rivers states.

The Ogoni people, wat are they like? I learnt that some of them can be found in Abia.

Ken Sarowiwa created mistrust between them and the igbos and i was wondering wat sort of relationship igbo have with the ogoni.

Further, their oral history claims that they originated from Ghana but no mention of which particluar group in Ghana.

It is important igbos study and understand Rivers State, becos wen we do, u realize just how insignificant ijaw as a group is to Rivers.

They already have their state in Bayelsa. Hence no need exchanging word with them.

They come here to shout about Rivers Oil, but wen u conduct proper investigation, the oil is on igbo people land that was delibrately cut into Rivers. smh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 7:31am On Apr 23, 2017
nengibo:

Nothing in Rivers state concerns ur likes, but let me indulge you.

So if we are going by that arrangement its Oyigbo people that will take a seat in the Brick house as against the Ogonis and the Ijaws, make them win senatorial position first.
I've decided not to answer you again like Ekinematics has said its pointless, u are not from Rivers so u deserve no response

U see ur life? We dont want Biafra or Igbo, becos they are after our oil, now it is confirmed that the so called oil in Rivers are on Igbo people land that was deliberately structured into Rivers from both Abia and Imo State.

I am not going to bother saying Afonja, becos u gave enough insight to confirm that u are indeed an ijaw man.

For ur info Igbo oil is feeding u in Rivers, but soon we will be needing our people back into our fold.

From Anioma in Delta to the 75% igbo people in Rivers.

Ijaw are mainly to the west(5 local gov area) and occupy mangrove and 2 small islands, we dont mind adding u guys to Bayelsa.

Una wahala, suspicion and claims is too much.

4 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 7:35am On Apr 23, 2017
Is it not people that are the ibibio that are more or less like very good brothers to the igbo?

Everytime, suspicion and fight, y can't we live together like brothers? Or are u guys cannibal that eat human?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by mangood74: 12:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
TELL ME MORE.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
HopeAtHand:

i dnt believe in Wishing. I need facts and figures.

Assuming the Ndokiman picks the flag of PDP, a Kalabari picks the flag of APC, an Ikwerre picks the flag of NDP and an Ogoni picks the flag of APGA, who wil come first position and who will be last.

Nothing is handed to anyone just like dat and nothing happens by wishing.
rivers will overwhelmingly vote any ndoki/asa PDP candidate and thats what we are clamouring for

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
nengibo:

Which person from Ndoki can stand for an election and will be voted by every ethnic nationality in Rivers, plus who will trust them with all these anti-Rivers sentiment, these igbos are feeding them
rivers is not bayelsa state anymore,and right now ndoki will will any krike candidate hands down

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
nengibo:

60% igbo should be able for your candidate to win, go and contest
nengibo where exactly are u from in rivers
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Ikechu10: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
hammerF:

U see ur life? We dont want Biafra or Igbo, becos they are after our oil, now it is confirmed that the so called oil in Rivers are on Igbo people land that was deliberately structured into Rivers from both Abia and Imo State.

I am not going to bother saying Afonja, becos u gave enough insight to confirm that u are indeed an ijaw man.

For ur info Igbo oil is feeding u in Rivers, but soon we will be needing our people back into our fold.

From Anioma in Delta to the 75% igbo people in Rivers.

Ijaw are mainly to the west(5 local gov area) and occupy mangrove and 2 small islands, we dont mind adding u guys to Bayelsa.

Una wahala, suspicion and claims is too much.

Exactly the reason I stayed on here calling them parasites and leeches.

Both Ekinematics and nengibo has the tendency to scream "igbo want our oil. We are not Biafrans. The greedy parasites won't get our oil blah blah". Yet it is igbos that have been feeding their parasitic asses in that Rivers state. They accuse those that's feeding them with their oil as ones wanting "their oil". Imagine the contradiction. What f2king oil do ijaws have that makes them think they are significant in that aspect.

What's funny is every thing they Ijaws accuse others of is exactly what they are. They are parasites. Infact very few people are aware that ijaws contribution to oil production in SS is one of the least even though they make the loudest noise. In SS the oil producing areas that are highly significant is Akwa-ibom, predominately Annang community. In Rivers, predominately igbo areas followed by Ogoni then Ikwerre and finally ijaws (ijaws are least oil producing in that state actually). In delta, predominately iteskiri then followed by urhobo/isoko then ijaws then anioma.
Infact someone once posted the onshore oil fields in Nigeria...notice how little the ones in Bayelsa is.
https://www.nairaland.com/2461629/onshore-oil-fields-dont-want
They accuse others of being parasites and leeches when they themselves are the biggest leeches.

Secondly, they accuse others of land grabbing and greedy but I've lost count how many tribes Ijaws have argued or fought with over lands. Infact, outside of Bayelsa, I don't think there is any tribe that reside next to them whom they haven't fought with over lands. Most times, the land does not belong to ijaws but the greedy, parasitic, Igbophobic goats would always want to steal the lands.

It always makes me laugh when ijaws stay on here calling others names because the names they call others describe them to the T. They are greedy, parasitic, land grabbers but yet they have the audacity to call others that. How funny grin grin

I agree that ijaws should be excluded from Biafra. Infact all non igbo group excluding maybe ibibio should be excluded from Biafra. Even with referendum, they should be still excluded. Their Igbophobic nonsense is way too much for someone to carry with. I hope IPOB would one day listen to Massob on that. I truly do

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by HopeAtHand: 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ikechu10:

Both Ekinematics and nengibo has the tendency to scream "igbo want our oil. We are not Biafrans. The greedy parasites won't get our oil blah blah". Yet it is igbos that have been feeding their parasitic asses in that Rivers state. They accuse those that's feeding them with their oil as ones wanting "their oil". Imagine the contradiction. What f2king oil do ijaws have that makes them think they are significant in that aspect.

What's funny is every thing they Ijaws accuse others of is exactly what they are. They are parasites. Infact very few people are aware that ijaws contribution to oil production in SS is one of the least even though they make the loudest noise. In SS the oil producing areas that are highly significant is Akwa-ibom, predominately Annang community. In Rivers, predominately igbo areas followed by Ogoni then Ikwerre and finally ijaws (ijaws are least oil producing in that state actually). In delta, predominately iteskiri then followed by urhobo/isoko then ijaws then anioma.
Infact someone once posted the onshore oil fields in Nigeria...notice how little the ones in Bayelsa is.
They accuse others of being parasites and leeches when they themselves are the biggest leeches.

Secondly, they accuse others of land grabbing and greedy but I've lost count how many tribes Ijaws have argued or fought with over lands. Infact, outside of Bayelsa, I don't think there is any tribe that reside next to them whom they haven't fought with over lands. Most times, the land does not belong to ijaws but the greedy, parasitic, Igbophobic goats would always want to steal the lands.

It always makes me laugh when ijaws stay on here calling others names because the names they call others describe them to the T. They are greedy, parasitic, land grabbers but yet they have the audacity to call others that. How funny grin grin

I agree that ijaws should be excluded from Biafra. Infact all non igbo group excluding maybe ibibio should be excluded from Biafra. Even with referendum, they should be still excluded. Their Igbophobic nonsense is way too much for someone to carry with. I hope IPOB would one day listen to Massob on that. I truly do

Whats with all this writeup. Did someone spoil ur day or what?

Pls its enough, have some respect for ethnicities that are part of our great state.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 9:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ikechu10:

Guy, the thing tire me Oooo! We dont want igbo, they want to steal our oil, as they usually say, yet it is dem that have stolen igbo land and oil from both Abia and Imo. shocked

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
HopeAtHand:
Enough of all this meaningless threads. Ijaw this, Ndoki that.

Any clan, ethnic group, tribe or even race that feel they have the mettle to challenge the IKWERRES in 2019 should kindly present themselves in due time.

Now you all should take a chil and do better things with your time.

The Hope at Hand has spoken.

U think, it is ok like dat? Ikwerre rule endlessly and loot the state dry? Anyway, i dont blame u, it is the toothless ijaws that i blame. Even in Anambra a consensus was reached to move the Governorship North so they can have a go. It is a decision that we have not regretted. The igbo that contribute so much oil to Rivers should be allowed to rule after Wike.

It is Ndoki Igbo turn.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by mangood74: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
HEEEH U MEAN IJAWS ARE LEECHES
THANK GOD THE TRUTH IS COMING OUT

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Ikechu10: 10:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
HopeAtHand:

Whats with all this writeup. Did someone spoil ur day or what?

Pls its enough, have some respect for ethnicities that are part of our great state.

Are you fucking serious? The ijaws, especially the two I mentioned, stay on this forum insulting igbo left and right without being provoked and you are informing me to "respect for ethnicitits for our great state". Respect who?

They want respect, let them display that same respect. As far as I'm concerned, I'll be giving them back exactly wtf they give. They can cry me a river and likewise you if you want. I can give two bleeps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Ikechu10: 10:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
hammerF:

Guy, the thing tire me Oooo! We dont want igbo, they want to steal our oil, as they usually say, yet it is dem that have stolen igbo land and oil from both Abia and Imo. shocked

You dey mind them.

They pretty much accusing people of act they are guilty of.
That's what happens when you're a parasitic land grabbing thief. You'll always think others would try and do the same thing you did.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by bigfrancis21: 11:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
hammerF:

From my understanding Bonny town speaks Igbo and Igbo is also spoken in many areas of Bonny Island save for a few quarters of the Island such as Finima. One of my mother's co-workers is from Bonny and I never knew because her Igbo wasn't different from general Aba or Owerri like Igbo until I saw her name in full one day (she has one of those unique Bonny surnames).
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by bigfrancis21: 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2017
cheruv:

Please confirm the language spoken in Bonny town proper and those spoken in the entire Bonny Island (the landmass that contains Bonny town and other villages). Also, asides Finima where else is Ibani spoken? Are Finima people be bilingual? How do the Ibani speakers communicate​ with the Igbo speakers?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 7:41am On Apr 24, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Please confirm the language spoken in Bonny town proper and those spoken in the entire Bonny Island (the landmass that contains Bonny town and other villages). Also, asides Finima where else is Ibani spoken? Are Finima people be bilingual? How do the Ibani speakers communicate​ with the Igbo speakers?
igbo and pigeon is spoken here in bonny town but places like finima and some few hinterland are usually bilingual and one of the things i noticed is the contrast between igbo and ibani speakers especially those that call them their first lingual. the few ibani speakers are usually darker in complexion

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by bigfrancis21: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2017
joeprince23:
igbo and pigeon is spoken here in bonny town but places like finima and some few hinterland are usually bilingual and one of the things i noticed is the contrast between igbo and ibani speakers especially those that call them their first lingual. the few ibani speakers are usually darker in complexion

Thank you. Please be more specific for learning purposes.

but places like finima and some few hinterland are usually bilingual
What are the names of any one or two of these places of bilingual speakers in the hinterland?

And they are bilingual in Ibani and Igbo you mean?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Thank you. Please be more specific for learning purposes.

What are the names of any one or two of these places of bilingual speakers in the hinterland?

And they are bilingual in Ibani and Igbo you mean?
igbo is predominant in the mainlands while ibani is common in the hinterlands...
the mainlands:
namely the Main Island (Township),
Sandfield, Iwoama, Orosikiri, Aganya, Ayambo,
Akiama, Workers Camp,
the hinterland:
finima and other aboriginal village communities

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
in bonny lga their are huge contrast btw indigenes of township,iwoama etc and those from finima... you will observe that those two have quite different origines,even from their physical appearances.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
ndoki people(both from abia and rivers) are highly regarded and honoured here in bonny town... sometimes they even see us as indigenes
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by EVARISTOMONARCH: 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
Please who has netteler for sale??
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by MXrep: 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2017
I have learnt a lot here

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 5:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
pazienza:
Ikechukwu on the beat!
It's always a pleasure reading your posts, bro. Jide ka iji.

So Amarabae is an Igbo woman from
Rivers state. Well, that's interesting, never saw that coming. It's alright.
We use to have a proud Igbo woman from Asa Rivers state who went by the moniker, "policewoman". She was fiercely pro Igbo but gradually fizzled out of the radar here. That was in the days when Diokpa Onlytruth held sway here as Eze Ndiigbo.

Nnaa mehn, how time flies.
good old days when people with indept knowlegbe holdsway on nairaland
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
nengibo:

Abeg take official stance, all your problems na Ijaw cause, Ikwerre people pursue u from ph na Ijaw cause am, Ika deny Igbo na ijaw cause am, Oga is dis not the definition of Ijawphobia
u wan enter topic wey pass u,igbo had problems with riverine people some of whom are now bayelsans. brass nembe okrika and kalabari were where federal troops penetrated former eastern region by deceiving these coastal dwellers to fight on the federal side. ijo saw that as an opportunity to get foot hold in portharcourt. infact igrita/igwuruta (ikwereland in ph) was a safe heaven for all igbos during the crises and subsequent abandon property saga. federal troops needef coastal lands(ijo areas) to penetrate and not upland(ikwereland).

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

No Date Yet For Buhari’s Return – Presidency / Benue APC Leaders Search For New Party Over Threat For Hosting Mass Burial / Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Campaigns In Esan West LGA Wards (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.