Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor (20202 Views)

Atiku’s Wife Takes Campaign To Onitsha, Reveals Why Igbo Should Vote Her Husband / Rivers 2019: How Amaechi Convinced Me To Run As APC Candidate —tonye Cole / Rivers 2019: Amaechi Fights Abe, Calls Him Traitor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by mangood74: 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hw much is a plot of land in bony town or bonny is
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
infact in present day ph,igbos no longer build houses at abuloma borokiri etc (ijo occupied and stolen war bounty areas), but igbos still feel comfortable building and owning housing in omagwa iriebe etc(ikwereland) and ofcourse oyigbo(ndoki/asa land)
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Dedetwo(m): 5:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
hammerF:

The Ogoni people, wat are they like? I learnt that some of them can be found in Abia.

Ken Sarowiwa created mistrust between them and the igbos and i was wondering wat sort of relationship igbo have with the ogoni.

Further, their oral history claims that they originated from Ghana but no mention of which particluar group in Ghana.

It is important igbos study and understand Rivers State, becos wen we do, u realize just how insignificant ijaw as a group is to Rivers.

They already have their state in Bayelsa. Hence no need exchanging word with them.

They come here to shout about Rivers Oil, but wen u conduct proper investigation, the oil is on igbo people land that was delibrately cut into Rivers. smh!

Fake news!!! Most dumbass ninnies who pass as Ijo are the people whose fathers not only migrate from Akwapim- Togo axis but Philippines and India. The Philipinos and Indians constituted the ship-hands for early Europeans that visited the Bight of Biafra.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
mangood74:
Hw much is a plot of land in bony town or bonny is
i am not into real estate but one huge attraction in bonny is the new glo 4g LTE available most places in bonny town

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
Dedetwo:

Fake news!!! Most dumbass ninnies who pass as Ijo are the people whose fathers not only migrate from Akwapim- Togo axis but Philippines and India. The Philipinos and Indians constituted the ship-hands for early Europeans that visited the Bight of Biafra.

Are u saying the ogoni are from india and philippines?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammerF: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
bigfrancis21:

From my understanding Bonny town speaks Igbo and Igbo is also spoken in many areas of Bonny Island save for a few quarters of the Island such as Finima. One of my mother's co-workers is from Bonny and I never knew because her Igbo wasn't different from general Aba or Owerri like Igbo until I saw her name in full one day (she has one of those unique Bonny surnames).

In that case both Bonny and Opobo are igbo speaking areas, i learnt that the ijaws tried to introduce Ibani and even went as far as teaching it in School but the population were more interested in Igbo language and a majority of them are igbos taken from the hinter land during the period of Aro Confederacy. i.e JAJA OF OPOBO

On the other hand, the Ogoni are right inbetween them and Oyigbo. I further learnt that parts of Ogoni land is in Abia? Do the Ogoni territory extend into Abia?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by cheruv: 7:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
joeprince23:
ndoki people(both from abia and rivers) are highly regarded and honoured here in bonny town... sometimes they even see us as indigenes
Of course... The ubani and the ukwa are one people.. A subset of the Igbo nation

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Noneroone(m): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
cheruv:

Why not close your mouth since you no longer have what to say undecided
If you're making noise that "ikaki" is a Rukwo term found in ukwa dialect, I've kalabari and kirike dictionaries from which I can fish out thousands of Igbo terms currently in use. Maybe I can lay claims to those two tribes as Igbo afterall most of their ancestry was from Igboland.
When the time comes, the southern ukwa would rejoin their brothers in Abia state
kedu ndi inakpodi rukwu?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Malawian(m): 10:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
hammerF:

In that case both Bonny and Opobo are igbo speaking areas, i learnt that the ijaws tried to introduce Ibani and even went as far as teaching it in School but the population were more interested in Igbo language and a majority of them are igbos taken from the hinter land during the period of Aro Confederacy. i.e JAJA OF OPOBO

On the other hand, the Ogoni are right inbetween them and Oyigbo. I further learnt that parts of Ogoni land is in Abia? Do the Ogoni territory extend into Abia?
If it is true that Ogoni land extends into Abia state, i am pretty much certain a lot of Ogonis would not even know that. It also shows that we do not covet other people's land, neighter will we allow ours to be stolen. When you guys are through with rivers Igbos, i want some light shed on Edo Igbos. One guy came to do photocopy in my office, had an Ishan l.g.a, with igbo name.

3 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by cheruv: 6:45am On Apr 25, 2017
Noneroone:
kedu ndi inakpodi rukwu?
Rukwo bu aha ndi ihuruohna nyere ndi Ijo no Rivers state dika ndi kalabari na kirike...
Ya mere ndi Igbo nākpo ndi Ijo nile ndi MbaMmiri nke putara "water Nation" mana ndi kalabari na kirike bu ndi ndi ikwerre nākpo Rukwo

5 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 8:32am On Apr 25, 2017
hammerF:

rivers govt tried to introduce ibani into school curriculum but met stif resistance from commmunity leaders,infact it only worked in finima and failed elsewhr

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2017
Noneroone:
kedu ndi inakpodi rukwu?
ikwerre dey call kalabari and wakrike rukwu,likewise they call ikwerre igbo
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 8:46am On Apr 25, 2017
hammerF:

our immediate sourthen neighbours are ogoni, once u cross ogoni u enter ibani areas opobo nkoro. in opobo and bonny there is evidence of segregation btw those that originally came from west(riverine ) and those that came from eastwards(ndoki),nd ndoki are the majority.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by bigfrancis21: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2017
hammerF:

Ya. Opobo itself speaks Igbo entirely and Bonny town and majority of Bonny mainland are Igbo speaking. The mission to introduce Ibani in the school curriculum was done in 2002/2003 or so but it failed. It is not that easy to change a spoken language without forceful means. A possible reason for the failure of the project is because the spoken language at home, being Igbo, would still prevail and the spoken language in public or at the market place would be Igbo and pidgin. These children would become bilingual at best, and with limited language usage beyond the school environment, acquiring the language would not prove useful or last in the long run. Even if the project succeeded, Bonny in its entirety would become bilingual at best but the elimination of Igbo would be near impossible. It is just like how many of us took french classes in secondary school and some of us became good at it, especially writing, but few years after secondary school we lost most of it all because of limited usage of the language in real life outside of school.

2 Likes

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by bigfrancis21: 9:09am On Apr 25, 2017
joeprince23:
our immediate sourthen neighbours are ogoni, once u cross ogoni u enter ibani areas opobo nkoro. in opobo and bonny there is evidence of segregation btw those that originally came from west(riverine ) and those that came from eastwards(ndoki),nd ndoki are the majority.

I read somewhere that majority of Nkoro people also speak Igbo as a second language, additional language or even native language. What is the spoken language (s) of the Nkoro people?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
bigfrancis21:

I read somewhere that majority of Nkoro people also speak Igbo as a second language, additional language or even native language. What is the spoken language (s) of the Nkoro people?
most nkoro people are bilingual, ibani and igbo is spoken unlike opobo which is entirely igbo
cc bigfrancis21
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Ya. Opobo itself speaks Igbo entirely and Bonny town and majority of Bonny mainland are Igbo speaking. The mission to introduce Ibani in the school curriculum was done in 2002/2003 or so but it failed. It is not that easy to change a spoken language without forceful means. A possible reason for the failure of the project is because the spoken language at home, being Igbo, would still prevail and the spoken language in public or at the market place would be Igbo and pidgin. These children would become bilingual at best, and with limited language usage beyond the school environment, acquiring the language would not prove useful or last in the long run. Even if the project succeeded, Bonny in its entirety would become bilingual at best but the elimination of Igbo would be near impossible. It is just like how many of us took french classes in secondary school and some of us became good at it, especially writing, but few years after secondary school we lost most of it all because of limited usage of the language in real life outside of school.

it is evident in rivers that igbo influence is not only on the bonny opobo axis,even in eleme which some ogoni claim,igbo influence is also huge and thats why most eleme people deny ogoni xept onne people. senator olaka nwogu who is from eleme lga (identifies as an igbo man) lost senatorial election to magnus abbe just cause ogoni considered magnus as their son and nwogu as a stranger.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by unstableaswater: 2:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
nengibo:

Wer did I say Rivers is an Ijaw state
Wer did I insult that guy, if you scroll to his earlier comments you will c what insult is
Be sincere to yourself is Abia state anything to write abt, hv u ever bin to port Harcourt road
What even brought Bayelsa into this talk, am I from Bayelsa
if you are not from bayelsa then where are you from?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 1:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
slivertongue:

Abia is a failed state and the SE is a failed region but the future is bright because the inhabitants of the region especially her youths are enterprising. Same goes for the oil bearing communities, they will go places if only the Nigerian State will deploy oil wealth to grow these communities.
And to JoePrince23, dont you think that you are following the leading of those who want to derail this thread with mention of Asa, Abia igbo etc.
Methink think you should stay focus on the reason for this thread which is the place of the Ndoki nation in the governance structure of Rivers State
why would you say SE is a failed region, places like enugu owerri etc are one of the best metropolis in nigeria. i may not be from SE but the truth must be said, yes abia has issues but dont generalise jst as delta in SS also has issues

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by slivertongue: 5:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
joeprince23:
why would you say SE is a failed region, places like enugu owerri etc are one of the best metropolis in nigeria. i may not be from SE but the truth must be said, yes abia has issues but dont generalise jst as delta in SS also has issues

Which of the state in the SE does not run cap in hand to the centre for hand outs? where are the industrial parks? except for Anambra is their any integrated blueprint for development? Aint there manifest failure of institutional accountability in the states in the region? is urban renewal the only essence of government? Are infrastructure in the rural areas up to standard?

the SE is not actually growing, roads with inflated cost aint development, "political" university wont offer functional knowledge. The should have gone past her present state if not for the bandits appointed for the region after the war.

Abia may be dirty with bad leaders but is head and shoulders above imo, enugu and ebonyi when it comes to the productive capacity of her economy yet there is no linkage to vertical development. the rest are worse and dead without oil wealth and that is the basis for my generalization
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
nengibo:

Has Asa or Ndoki produced a governor in Abia state?

Both of them come under the auspices of UkwaNgwa, and we do and talk as one, infact the emergence of Okezie was a victory for whole UkwaNgwa. After Okezie tho, Ukwa man takes over, the otimkpus can shout for all I care, except only if Biafra happens to be restored, then everybody will go back to factory resetting.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
infact in present day ph,igbos no longer build houses at abuloma borokiri etc (ijo occupied and stolen war bounty areas), but igbos still feel comfortable building and owning housing in omagwa iriebe etc(ikwereland) and ofcourse oyigbo(ndoki/asa land)

When I was in Femie Abuloma, quite a good number of the indigenes speak and communicate with Igbo, how is that so?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammer6: 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
rivers govt tried to introduce ibani into school curriculum but met stif resistance from commmunity leaders,infact it only worked in finima and failed elsewhr

bigfrancis21:

Gowon, using Diete-Spiff and Ken Saro Wiwa instituted abandoned property against igbo in port harcourt and using both the ijaw and ogoni to keep the igbos landlock.

U will notice that Yoruba, Hausa, Efik were all made military gov of Rivers but the igbos were delibrately excluded for thisd purpose of using the ijaw and ogoni to police Gowon landlock policy against the igbo.

This was y Diete Spiff tried to introduce Ijaw and Ibani to igbo Bonny and Opobo island.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/what-igbos-need-is-probably-what-other-nigerians-need-too/
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
slivertongue:

Which of the state in the SE does not run cap in hand to the centre for hand outs? where are the industrial parks? except for Anambra is their any integrated blueprint for development? Aint there manifest failure of institutional accountability in the states in the region? is urban renewal the only essence of government? Are infrastructure in the rural areas up to standard?

the SE is not actually growing, roads with inflated cost aint development, "political" university wont offer functional knowledge. The should have gone past her present state if not for the bandits appointed for the region after the war.

Abia may be dirty with bad leaders but is head and shoulders above imo, enugu and ebonyi when it comes to the productive capacity of her economy yet there is no linkage to vertical development. the rest are worse and dead without oil wealth and that is the basis for my generalization
i dont know the point of ur argurment but having been to delta and bayelsa i can tell you that leadership failures are worst in these states than any other in the entire southern nigeria including SE states.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammer6: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
Malawian:

If it is true that Ogoni land extends into Abia state, i am pretty much certain a lot of Ogonis would not even know that. It also shows that we do not covet other people's land, neighter will we allow ours to be stolen. When you guys are through with rivers Igbos, i want some light shed on Edo Igbos. One guy came to do photocopy in my office, had an Ishan l.g.a, with igbo name.

Igbo land extends into Benue, Cross River, Delta and Edo that were delibrately removed from the map after the civil war to reduce the size of Igbos.

U dont here anybody mention bonny and opobo but they are igbo with beach and sea front in Rivers.

1 Like

Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
Normality:

Both of them come under the auspices of UkwaNgwa, and we do and talk as one, infact the emergence of Okezie was a victory for whole UkwaNgwa. After Okezie tho, Ukwa man takes over, the otimkpus can shout for all I care, except only if Biafra happens to be restored, then everybody will go back to factory resetting.
are ukwa and ngwa under same senatorial zone in abia?
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Normality:

When I was in Femie Abuloma, quite a good number of the indigenes speak and communicate with Igbo, how is that so?
most riverine people in rivers state are of both ijo and igbo descent,even asari dokubo pathience jonathan etc have made theirs known
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
hammer6:

Igbo land extends into Benue, Cross River, Delta and Edo that were delibrately removed from the map after the civil war to reduce the size of Igbos.

U dont here anybody mention bonny and opobo but they are igbo with beach and sea front in Rivers.
pls educate us more about cross river cause i once was liyel imoke speaking igbo at an ocassion in abi lga of cross river
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by joeprince23(m): 12:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
hammer6:

Gowon, using Diete-Spiff and Ken Saro Wiwa instituted abandoned property against igbo in port harcourt and using both the ijaw and ogoni to keep the igbos landlock.

U will notice that Yoruba, Hausa, Efik were all made military gov of Rivers but the igbos were delibrately excluded for thisd purpose of using the ijaw and ogoni to police Gowon landlock policy against the igbo.

This was y Diete Spiff tried to introduce Ijaw and Ibani to igbo Bonny and Opobo island.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/what-igbos-need-is-probably-what-other-nigerians-need-too/
your assertions are definately truthful caus igbo in waec exams were just reintroduced in my lga just after diette spit became bayelsan ane odili became governor
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammer6: 12:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
pls educate us more about cross river cause i once was liyel imoke speaking igbo at an ocassion in abi lga of cross river

Abi is a Local Government Area in Cross River State, Nigeria. It contains several Igbo villages and is home to an annual cultural festival.
Re: RIVERS 2019: Ndoki-igbo Should Produce Next Governor by hammer6: 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
joeprince23:
your assertions are definately truthful caus igbo in waec exams were just reintroduced in my lga just after diette spit became bayelsan ane odili became governor

Diette spit and subsequent ijaw, hausa and yoruba gov of Rivers from 1976 to 1999 instituted anti-igbo policy in attempt to erase any trace of igbo from Rivers State and were successful becos they made sure igbo groups like Ikwere not to recognise themselves anymore. Even the igbo groups from Imo and Abia started to doubt their igbo identity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Real Twitter Account Confirmed / President Buhari Hiding Unemployment Data Because Of 2019 Elections- Atiku / Governor Obiano Participated In 13km Walk For Life Exercise In Anambra (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.