Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues (25006 Views)

Economic Recession: Nigerian Banks Prosper While Nigerians Groan / Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow / Lagosians Groan As Price Of Cooking Gas Hits N4,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by DoyenExchange: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
Even Skrill and Neteller platforms cannot be 100%. At most you will get 87%. Life goes on.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by soberdrunk(m): 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
angry
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Cesc001:
Oga na FirstBank and Diamond Bank be my best oo... Am just using Gtb becos it's my first account I open

Baba..try Access...for both naira based and dollar based transactions. That bank is simply the best.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
Freiden:

Baba..try Access...for both naira based and dollar based transactions. That bank is simply the best.
Access? Well, I already have 3 accounts.. I no be Dasuki gate pikin to use 4 different accounts ... Lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by alezzy13: 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
If anything, I would say this is classic case of PHD (pull him down). Seriosuly wetin GTB do una?? sad

I have been making withdrawals and online transfers (though not on tuesday or wed this week) without any hitches. Furthermore, their card, based on my experience remains one of the most widely accepted.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by kizygist: 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
GTB needs to fix the technical issues ASAP. Watch what these two were caught doing
http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/04/unbelievable-you-will-be-shocked-what.html

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Jerryojozy(m): 2:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
GTBANK has never failed me. Have done transfers and other transactions in a couple of days now no issue. when it comes to electronic, mobile banking I give it to them.

Genius J

4 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by HenriFayol(m): 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
olujastro:
Quick access to social media has made Nigerians especially the youths very impatient and insulting. They should learn to obey the 1st Law of Thermodynamics....No system is 100% efficient as there must be losses.
These services run on technology and technology has never been 100% reliable all the time, technical hitches are bound to happen occasionally.
GTB has always been at the forefront of bringing innovative technologies to the banking system in Nigeria while other banks follow afterwards.
I use GTB too among other banks and I can boldly say GTB has been reliable to me about 98% of the time. Cut them some slack.
You speak with lots of matured reasoning.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by hardbody: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
olujastro:
Quick access to social media has made Nigerians especially the youths very impatient and insulting. They should learn to obey the 1st Law of Thermodynamics....No system is 100% efficient as there must be losses.
These services run on technology and technology has never been 100% reliable all the time, technical hitches are bound to happen occasionally.
GTB has always been at the forefront of bringing innovative technologies to the banking system in Nigeria while other banks follow afterwards.
I use GTB too among other banks and I can boldly say GTB has been reliable to me about 98% of the time. Cut them some slack.

Bless you bro. Three accounts in GTB and i have no regrets. Current, savings and Dorm. FirstBank is just a back up for the sake of it. GT bank all the way. They went retail and opened up banking opportunities for people with zero naira banking. There is capacity issue which I believe they will soon surmount. Down times are known to happen, let us really cut them some slacks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by alezzy13: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
All banks have thier occasional hitchces, so I cant see what the big deal here.

GTB still has one of the best online service! FACT!!.

NB: I dont work for, or in any way affiliated to them. Just that i recognise good service

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
Cesc001:
Access? Well, I already have 3 accounts.. I no be Dasuki gate pikin to use 4 different accounts ... Lol grin grin grin grin
Lol...u dont av to be dasuki....na 5 i get. UBA, Zenith, GTB, Stanbic, and ACCESS

Of all af them...ACCESS BANK na King o

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Jointhemiltons2(m): 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Adesiji77:
I wasn't aware that they had issues. Still withdrew from my account with them on Wednesday via ATM.
Same here o. Even withdrew yesterday and also made an online transfer. Dunno bout dz ones hvn issues
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by kayo80(m): 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
quiverfull:
Sincerely, GTBank has lost what made it attractive. They seem to have more customers than they can manage.

GBAM!!! You said it all.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by hardbody: 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
Freiden:

ACCESS? I actually abandoned a credit balance for them. That's how good they are.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by donbenie(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
My issue with them is that since May last year they have been unable to transfer my ATM card to my current location even after multiple visits and applications,yet they kept reminding me my Card is due for collection..#MUDAFUCK$RS
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by masseratti: 2:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
Freiden:
angry

GTB is the latest UBA(Useless Bank of Africa).

They made me smash my phone against the floor yesterday out of frustration. Wanted to do transfer using the MSSN code, *737#....only for em to tell me my 737 pin is wrong....somethong that i av used countless times....i had to reset my pin hoping it will work...yet it didnt....did the resting about 6 times....they almost made me look like a scammer(the person i bought goods from was starting to think i was playing him)

2. Money transfer from GTB to other banks can take eternity to reflect.....made a transfer from GTB to access bank and it took 3 days for the money to reflect in the access bank account

I weak for GTB.....

Too many customers na ein dey cause this shiiiiit. If you use GTB and GTB only....u never get bank account o
lolzzzs @ UBA,its really useless bank of africa....but Gtbank is still the best when it comes to IT,they messed up their system trying to upgrade it during the easter break,that said its said the real brain behind the bank is no more RIP Tayo Aderinokun
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Jointhemiltons2(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
passyhansome:
GTBank do people still patronize them?. The bank can frustrate for Africa
GTB dsnt frustrate o. Maybe try banking with Ecobank den come and tell me ur experience
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by LordOfNaira: 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
Freiden:

Access ke GT remains the best. I have an Access and a GT account. I trust GT so much that when I receive money on my Access, I quickly transfer it to my GT account before those Access people start tampering with my money.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by jaymejate: 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
Technical issue ke?
I still withdraw this morning.

The kind technical issue. I want is, they should mistakenly send billions into my account

I don turn efeā“ be that
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Jointhemiltons2(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
malware:
Close to a week now, customers of the giant Guarantee Trust Bank (GTB) have been complaining over a myriad of problems facing the bank which include closure of some of the banking channels, problems of multiple crediting and debiting etc.

To allay the fears of the customers, the bank sent messages to all its customers, notifying them of a planned maintenance scheduled to take place on Tuesday and Wednesday.

However, a day after the completion of the said maintenance, customers' complaints remain unabated on the bank's facebook page, with many of the customers still lamenting poor services.

If you are a Gtbank customer, kindly share your experience with the bank recently.
People complaining about GTB calling it the worst bank have never tried Ecobank. Try Ecobank den tell me ur experience.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by jaymejate: 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Access ke GT remains the best. I have an Access and a GT account. I trust GT so much that when I receive money on my Access, I quickly transfer it to my GT account before those Access people start tampering with my money.

Baba i use both too
Access bank is coming up trust me. They are alternative to. GTbank

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Kbworld: 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
if I withdraw money once they will debit me twice or send me a wrong acct balance. i had to quarrel with my broda i gv atm to withdraw for me thinking he stole my money. pls fix dis up gtb
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by centboy123456(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
baike:
pls my money is there let stop all this nonsense oooo

lol na person send u make u put money for there
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by scarpa: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
Please visit any UBA Plc for your non interrupted services.

The bank has invested seriously not to have such service issues.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Balkan(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
I saw a credit alert of N3,147,609.15 since two weeks now, if by the end Friday they did not take it back, I will withdraw the cash. I am only scared of efcc. I don't know who did the transfer. Not my biz. Acc. But personal acc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by keji3974(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
GTB has been a fantastic bank until recent. I remember making an online transaction earlier this week only for them to debit me in excess.

they are used to this kind of thing but usually resolve it within 24hours.
but this case is different. it's been 4days not and it's not yet resolved
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by lorenzos1: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
I think nairaland has something against the bank... Always pushing negative news about them to fp at every opportunity. .. Haba the bank is one of d few good things left in dis country... Cut them some slack...you cant have so many customers and not av issues wit some of them.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by RELAN2446(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
As in Gt jst spoil my Easter sunday for me ni, after purchasing stuff for me nd bae nd d atm refuse to wrk i was pained sha, it nw look as if i no wnt buy things for bae, well i later tranfer money to her sha
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by RELAN2446(m): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
Balkan:
I saw a credit alert of N3,147,609.15 since two weeks now, if by the end Friday they did not take it back, I will withdraw the cash. I am only scared of efcc. I don't know who did the transfer. Not my biz. Acc. But personal acc.
Bro can u sell ur acct for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Sketchandcraft(m): 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
Gtb going the way of mmm
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by reyscrub(m): 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
I don't understand all this allegation about GTB.

Sincerely, it remains the number one preferable bank for me due to their modern convenient services.

Any technological base operation will sometimes experience hitch and that is not the end of the service.

Some of our giant telecom even do have their own challenge sometime.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by bellabello(m): 2:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
Wema ko wamaka ni useless bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire Guts CBN Office In Jos / First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman / Don't Get Scammed: Red Mercury Does Not Exist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.