Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues (25005 Views)

Economic Recession: Nigerian Banks Prosper While Nigerians Groan / Lagosians Groan As KFC Outlets Shut Down Operations From Tomorrow / Lagosians Groan As Price Of Cooking Gas Hits N4,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Leopantro: 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
lorenzos1:
I think nairaland has something against the bank... Always pushing negative news about them to fp at every opportunity. .. Haba the bank is one of d few good things left in dis country... Cut them some slack...you cant have so many customers and not av issues wit some of them.

I use to sing their praises too until they messed me up during the week. did a transfer to purchase something. transfer took 6 whole hours to be successful. meanwhile the seller was threatening me, calling me a crook for not making the transfer.
BTW, why does GTB charge N10 for checking account balance? spend N250 checking balance for the transfer which took forever.
was suppose to pay for an online course that I got a 90% discount for. GTB refused to complete the transaction. have lost the discount , now have to pay $200 for a course I could gotten for $10.
thank you so much GTB.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by ITbomb(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
Just a one day issue that was resolved, una dey carry matter for head.
Anyway that's always one of the disadvantages of being the number preferred bank with large customer base.
Any other bank do have technical issues and go scott free but not GT and First Bank as one in 3 person in any household has an account in either of these two

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by zicoraads: 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
Wanted buying airtime yesterday, had so much issues. Thanks to my sweetheart who came to my rescue. Where is this cocoberry sef? undecided
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by etech102(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
I requested for 1000 naira mtn recharge card from my GTbank account, and Gtbank debited me without crediting my mtn number for over 2 weeks now. For this reccesion
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by mechanics(m): 3:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
They should atleast have extra account in case of emergency.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by umuna(m): 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
olujastro:
Quick access to social media has made Nigerians especially the youths very impatient and insulting. They should learn to obey the 1st Law of Thermodynamics....No system is 100% efficient as there must be losses.
These services run on technology and technology has never been 100% reliable all the time, technical hitches are bound to happen occasionally.
GTB has always been at the forefront of bringing innovative technologies to the banking system in Nigeria while other banks follow afterwards.
I use GTB too among other banks and I can boldly say GTB has been reliable to me about 98% of the time. Cut them some slack.
you said what was on my mind. They are the best bank in 9ja for now.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Adesiji77: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
hardbody:

Bless you bro. Three accounts in GTB and i have no regrets. Current, savings and Dorm. FirstBank is just a back up for the sake of it. GT bank all the way. They went retail and opened up banking opportunities for people with zero naira banking. There is capacity issue which I believe they will soon surmount. Down times are known to happen, let us really cut them some slacks

Well said boss, particularly at bolded.

There is no Nigerian bank that doesn't have down times. Some are even worse than GTB's.

People want 100% service all the time in Nigeria forgetting that a bank is only a cross-section of the society.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
olujastro:
Quick access to social media has made Nigerians especially the youths very impatient and insulting. They should learn to obey the 1st Law of Thermodynamics....No system is 100% efficient as there must be losses.
These services run on technology and technology has never been 100% reliable all the time, technical hitches are bound to happen occasionally.
GTB has always been at the forefront of bringing innovative technologies to the banking system in Nigeria while other banks follow afterwards.
I use GTB too among other banks and I can boldly say GTB has been reliable to me about 98% of the time. Cut them some slack.

please post this on their page, they could use some understanding customers right now
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
olujastro:

This is a big lie unless you do only GTB-to-GTB transactions only.

GTB is at rock bottom in terms of mobile/online banking in Nigeria.
Any transaction that takes other banks 1minute will delay you for average of 45minutes to 24hours to complete on GTB, their service is that horrible.

The banking hall is even worse and to make it worst they will build one branch to accommodate 10million customers coz they have the scarcest branches across Nigeria while maintaining huge customer base.

With that why not make mobile banking top-notch, but no!
I am a customer for many years now and I do mobile/internet banking everyday but experience with inter-bank transactions with a GTB account is the worst.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by obamma: 3:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
Why not try another Bank? Una be tree wey no fit move. Try the new UBA and see what is called effortless and hastle free banking.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by YoungExec: 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2017
obamma:
Why not try another Bank? Una be tree wey no fit move. Try the new UBA and see what is called effortless and hastle free banking.

I can testify. UBA Internet Banking Transfer is the fastest out there. I was so impressed that I quickly moved my Company Account to them. In all fairness, GTB is Primus Inter pares. This is just a minor issue which they will resolve quickly
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by 3RNEST(m): 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2017
GoaTBank (GTB).... worst bank ever.... angry

Best Bank for GTB to GTB only, if u want to be frustrated by interbank transfer try GTB..

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Freiden:

Lol...u dont av to be dasuki....na 5 i get. UBA, Zenith, GTB, Stanbic, and ACCESS

Of all af them...ACCESS BANK na King o
Good for u
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Andrewkinggg: 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
tonyfrenzy:

This is a big lie unless you do only GTB-to-GTB transactions only.

GTB is at rock bottom in terms of mobile/online banking in Nigeria.
Any transaction that takes other banks 1minute will delay you for average of 45minutes to 24hours to complete on GTB, their service is that horrible.

The banking hall is even worse and to make it worst they will build one branch to accommodate 10million customers coz they have the scarcest branches across Nigeria while maintaining huge customer base.

With that why not make mobile banking top-notch, but no!
I am a customer for many years now and I do mobile/internet banking everyday but experience with inter-bank transactions with a GTB account is the worst.

This is not true!! Your case isn't peculiar to other customers. I make transfers to other bank and it's almost as instant as though to GTBank accounts. I'm surprised and shocked to see this news on nairaland. Talking about the banking hall been in a mess is because of the overpopulated customers. GTBank has at least 2 branches in a district to accommodate as many customers as possible..

In my own view GTBank still is the best bank in Nigeria...
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by ephi123(f): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2017
Leopantro:

I use to sing their praises too until they messed me up during the week. did a transfer to purchase something. transfer took 6 whole hours to be successful. meanwhile the seller was threatening me, calling me a crook for not making the transfer.
BTW, why does GTB charge N10 for checking account balance? spend N250 checking balance for the transfer which took forever.
was suppose to pay for an online course that I got a 90% discount for. GTB refused to complete the transaction. have lost the discount , now have to pay $200 for a course I could gotten for $10.
thank you so much GTB.

That's strange. It could be SMS notification you are being charged for. As far as I'm aware GTB doesn't charge for checking account balance.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by tosinjay(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Used the app to get recharge card, saw error and tried again only for them to credit me twice.

Today, with my data sub expired, tried crediting my line with their *737# code to subscribe, tried 3 times with nothing working. I hope they don't later credit me 3 times as I've gotten from recharge card vendor around.

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by NoToPile: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2017
GTB is good but their interbank transfers seem to take forever or it doesn't even transfer at all.Apart from this they seem okay, their mobile app is worse.

I only do gtb to gtb transfer on the internet banking platform, they need to do something about transfers to other banks.

I have to give it to diamond bank, transfers to other banks reflect immediately.

I didn't experience this problem at all but there will surely be technical glitches once in a while so its expected.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by EdDave(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2017
Gtb messed me up last Sunday and monday . Couldn't withdraw my tp to travel back to Abj from home after the easter. Had to ask a colleague to cover for me at work.

Just made a withdrawal now with no qualms.

The GTB still remains one of the best.
That's why people rely on them so much that when they mess up, they mess u up real good.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Andrewkinggg:

This is not true!! Your case isn't peculiar to other customers. I make transfers to other bank and it's almost as instant as though to GTBank accounts. I'm surprised and shocked to see this news on nairaland. Talking about the banking hall been in a mess is because of the overpopulated customers. GTBank has at least 2 branches in a district to accommodate as many customers as possible..

In my own view GTBank still is the best bank in Nigeria...

Guess you're GTB's PR manager.
GTB just sucks!!! sucks!!!!!!!! and sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on interbank transactions.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Leopantro: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
ephi123:

That's strange. It could be SMS notification you are being charged for. As far as I'm aware GTB doesn't charge for checking account balance.

Nope, check below

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by ephi123(f): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
Leopantro:

Nope, check below

Looks like it's a Domiciliary account.. but even then I'm surprised they would charge for that.
To the best of my knowledge, they do not charge for checking regular current and savings accounts balance. I don't know if it's a different rule for Dom accounts.

Have you spoken to customer care about this?

Modified:
Actually I just looked this up, ignore my previous response, USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) is a Global System for Mobile(GSM) communication technology that is used to send text between a mobile phone and an application program in the network. When you dial a number that starts with * and ends with #, you are using USSD. Second, USSD is currently the best available communications technology to deliver mobile financial services to low-income customers.

Did you check your balance using a SMS functionality?
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by next2kings(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
Don't know about these recent challenges but GTB has always been my best bank esp when it comes to electronic transactions
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by nkhay(f): 6:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
What's their Facebook handle biko. Stewwpid bank that didn't restrict my account all the while until I received significant amount of money.... Met them and the silly excuse was that their system is down and couldn't verify my i.d so my account remains restricted. Untop my own money.

Oya transfer my money to another bank account they refused, cash nko NO!

Same i.d Access bank verified in 5mins.

Have issues and call Gtconnect they'd waste all your credit and would never call back. Live chat Access bank and get response in 30 secs.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by tivta(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
What do you expect from a bank filled with Yahoo boys and girls
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by pepe1: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
Please my people how do I go about this?
I erroneously transferred money to a wrong person using Internet banking. GTBank to GTBank.

I called GTConnect, they sent me an indemnity form which I must fill and scan to them, to enable them to block the fund for 48 working hours.

Then I must submit a police report and a court order before they can reverse the fund, if it has not been withdrawn from the account.

Please who has gone through this route before, share your experience.

Secondly, how do I go about getting a court order within 48 hours.

Pls help a brother.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by africanjarule: 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
For me to say the reality GTBANK is my best bank out of all, I have been using gtbank for almost 11years now and he has never bleeped me up both there internet banking and there ussd code which is *737* I love gtbank so much is the best bank most expecially for online transaction.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by czarina(f): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
Freiden:
angry

GTB is the latest UBA(Useless Bank of Africa).

They made me smash my phone against the floor yesterday out of frustration. Wanted to do transfer using the MSSN code, *737#....only for em to tell me my 737 pin is wrong....somethong that i av used countless times....i had to reset my pin hoping it will work...yet it didnt....did the resting about 6 times....they almost made me look like a scammer(the person i bought goods from was starting to think i was playing him)

2. Money transfer from GTB to other banks can take eternity to reflect.....made a transfer from GTB to access bank and it took 3 days for the money to reflect in the access bank account

I weak for GTB.....

Too many customers na ein dey cause this shiiiiit. If you use GTB and GTB only....u never get bank account o
Abeg Blame Access Bank Jor. That Bank Is The Definition Of Yeyeness, Infact Them Suppose Stil Dey use Cowries For That Bank! GTB remains the best!

1 Like

Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Leopantro: 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
ephi123:

Looks like it's a Domiciliary account.. but even then I'm surprised they would charge for that.
To the best of my knowledge, they do not charge for checking regular current and savings accounts balance. I don't know if it's a different rule for Dom accounts.

Have you spoken to customer care about this?

Modified:
Actually I just looked this up, ignore my previous response, USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) is a Global System for Mobile(GSM) communication technology that is used to send text between a mobile phone and an application program in the network. When you dial a number that starts with * and ends with #, you are using USSD. Second, USSD is currently the best available communications technology to deliver mobile financial services to low-income customers.

Did you check your balance using a SMS functionality?

again No. I checked my balance using the *737# service
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by ephi123(f): 8:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
Leopantro:

again No. I checked my balance using the *737# service

Okay, in that case better to call them up, it could be a billing error in their system.
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Kronical(m): 5:40am On Apr 23, 2017
ephi123:

They do charge a fee for any account balance check done using *737#..

Online transactions always fail these days.. Interbank transfers takes hours to complete..

GTBANK is really going down..
Re: Customers Groan As GTBank Grapples With Technical Issues by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 23, 2017
Jointhemiltons2:

GTB dsnt frustrate o. Maybe try banking with Ecobank den come and tell me ur experience
That useless bank. I closed shop with them ages ago.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dubai Banks Order Closure Of Nigerians' Accounts / First Bank Shake-Up: Hassan-Odukale Replaces Awosika As Chairman / Don't Get Scammed: Red Mercury Does Not Exist!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.