Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? (36303 Views)

My experience with a lady I thought was different. / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / What Is The Funniest Moment Of Your Childhood? See Mine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by samuelgogo: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2017
I thought even till tomorrow that once u pee and u don't pour spit, ur stomach will pain u. Once u wave at this white bird, u will mysteriously have white dot on your finger.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by eitsei(m): 10:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Jarus:
That men used to give birth in the olden days.

Because my Dad used to say we are his children.
I used to think a child is given birth to from the anus I even remember I got into serious argument with one of my friends who insisted it's from v*agina.. Lol
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by hamzeiy: 10:26am On Apr 23, 2017
i use to think God was on the zinc roof of our house and thats He uses Bucket to pour water from the zinc to cause rainfall. i attempted climbing the zinc several times to see whats up but to no avail due to my small size.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by arma: 10:28am On Apr 23, 2017
R2bees:
Women give birth through the Anus
I tot same also untill I asked a friend in primary school...the answer he gave was "can you sow a seed here and it grows in another place?"

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by tuzle(m): 10:30am On Apr 23, 2017
that father Christmas thoroughly existed and was going to bring gift to my house one day. but I wait tire. the if you don't throw your broken tooth with stone on the roof that lizard will eat it and that tooth will not grow again
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Kelly2713(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2017
Foxyn:
lol, who told you "udara" is an akwa ibom name for star apple?

It's the name commonly used by the easterners (Igbo) in Nigeria while ‘Agbalumo’ is used by the westerners

anyway sha, I dey base for uyo grin

you self. so hwfa, am from ik
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2017
Mystery007:
My brother I did try it oohh but nofin happened. I almost cried. After all d d stress of searching for Agama lizard, chasing and stoning it to death den cutting off its head, drying it b4 pounding, d processes goes on and on and e no work
grin grin grin
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Jerrypolo(m): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2017
"Lol i believed burying the head of a male redhead agama lizard with a coin will yield u money after seven days"

And you actually did it. Blood money things.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2017
crownfitsme:

I still believe this till today, somebody should tell me its not true shocked

Yes it is not true, just a fiction
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Eddiecute86(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2017
Freethought:

This is very true... You will Only knw dis if you are close to hunters

Seriously guy are you for real ? So, you don't the reason male lions urinate in that manner is to mark their territory i.e telling other males to stay clear.

Iinstead of people like you to be watching documentaries you will be watcing tales by moonlight.

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Eddiecute86(m): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2017
Freethought:

This is very true... You will Only knw dis if you are close to hunters

Seriously guy are you for real ? So, you don't the reason male lions urinate in that manner is to mark their territory i.e telling other males to stay clear.

Instead of people like you to be watching documentaries you will be watcing tales by moonlight.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 23, 2017
Mentcee:

God bless you for making me laugh.

Tears in my eyes.

Lol u are welcome
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 23, 2017
khalhokage:

So na from small you start to dey do money ritual.

Lol i like money
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2017
forget101O:

Money ritual in the making grin

Lol God forbid

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2017
padiga047:
U must be Igbo

Yes i'm igbo
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Hero18:

Yes i'm igbo
Nna m, am Igbo too make we no complicate matters
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nickymezor(f): 11:24am On Apr 23, 2017
AjiChris:
yea that was childhood imagination and @ d end of d day it takes a lnger time to grow,u will b lyk shebi av thrown 7stones with it lwkm
Yeah, Kids can be so gullible sha smiley Pure Angel kiss
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by ImaIma1(f): 11:39am On Apr 23, 2017
Foxyn:
My elders made me to believe that an orange seed will grow on my head if I swallow one

I was always very careful whenever I want to suck an orange not to talk of udara

little did I know that I was deceived grin

can't forget the day I mistakenly swallowed a seed... hmm
cry
story for another day cheesy

That shit scared me for long. I was actually waiting for weeks for the tree to come out of my head when i swallowed one. Cos my brother made be believe it was still growing inside.

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by nattyjay(m): 11:47am On Apr 23, 2017
I used to look for spider that can bite me so I can turn to spiderman
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2017
padiga047:
Nna m, am Igbo too make we no complicate matters

Ok
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by timpaker(m): 12:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
I use to think that one adds (grow) an inche on every birthdays, so on my birthday I will mark myself from head to toe on the bed only to wake up and see that the marks erased itself ....
To me then, I have grown. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by joseph1832(m): 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
timpaker:
I use to think that one adds (grow) an inche on every birthdays, so on my birthday I will mark myself from head to toe on the bed only to wake up and see that the marks erased itself ....
To me then, I have grown. grin
Mr Tim! It's been a while, bro. How are you holding up?
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Mystery007(m): 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
ceeroh:

I had to sun dry the head for over a week b4 pounding! Ignorant days.
Same here man, Real ignorant days. Lolz
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Mystery007(m): 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mentcee:

Your head is there.

Very correct.

Though it doesn't work.
Yea
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by timpaker(m): 12:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
joseph1832:
Mr Tim! It's been a while, bro. How are you holding up?

I'm fine Bro. Joe. Just busy with lots of research and office work. About enjoying a very long break from it and I'm guessing spending some part in Lagos (on the condition that traffick jams won't last more than 5mins at any stop and no much crowd).

How is the poetry section?
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by joseph1832(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
timpaker:

I'm fine Bro. Joe. Just busy with lots of research and office work. About enjoying a very long break from it and I'm guessing spending some part in Lagos (on the condition that traffick jams won't last more than 5mins at any stop and no much crowd).

How is the poetry section?
Poetry session is better than ever. Every day, I get to stick my pen inside wet paper. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by tyreal(f): 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
I used to believe dat if a baby looks in the mirror the father will hate such child...
Another one is... If a wall gecko passed over u it would
leave some marks on your body
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by donisaiah: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
We were told India beat Nigeria 99 - ,1, and we were told when Indians shot , it will turn to Lion
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by wintersnow(m): 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
When am in a car on motion....I thought the houses and tress were also moving
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Kelly2713:

you self. so hwfa, am from ik
your boy dey na... how ur side?
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by 14dfuture(m): 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
I thought the earth was flat, dat if you trek to the edge you will fall off into a big river down below.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by GreatManBee: 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hero18:
Lol i believed burying the head of a male redhead agama lizard with a coin will yield u money after seven days

you should have tried it nah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tope Moradeyo Ogun Dies With 6 Months Pregnancy / What Weird Experience Have You Had With A Pregnant Woman? / Cenderella Nana: Divorce Party Of Egyptian Woman Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.