Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? (36305 Views)

My experience with a lady I thought was different. / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / What Is The Funniest Moment Of Your Childhood? See Mine! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Oscar4real(m): 7:41am On Apr 23, 2017
they used to tell us that if at night you use torch light to flash the sky, you will recieve an instant Slap from Nowhere claiming that you want to see what God os doing in heaven...
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Eddiecute86(m): 7:42am On Apr 23, 2017
Paretomaster:
can't believe ppl still believe all this sh*t...

just last week I was describing something to a guy, so I made a sketch on the ground.....

when am done, he said I should wipe off the sketch on the ground, that it's not good...

I was like what!!! so u still believe that Crap that if u make lines on the ground, u have to clean it off, so that flies won't patch on them, hence u go blind....

this is someone of like 37 years old o....

Last month somewherw in Ogun state i was in a bank queue and the bank TV was show a documentary on Nat geo wild on how lions chase and kill their prey. I was hearing alot of super stories from some people on the queue.

I was shocked when a grown up man of about 30 + said if a male lion want to kill a prey it will urinate in a circle and that any animal that enters inside will be trapped. I didn't know when i shouted Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Mystery007(m): 7:43am On Apr 23, 2017
2dugged:
just wanted to know how wise you are now
Ok
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by cutesimplycalm(f): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2017
I remember den wen I'm abt to defecate nd its nt coming out easily i will start getting scared dat I'm abt to give birth to a baby...
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Adek15(m): 7:55am On Apr 23, 2017
Medunah:
Used to believe that when chickens are fighting or strafing And you hammer a nail on the ground there, they won't stop!
I actually tried this and it worked
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by jedyjedy(m): 7:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Mystery007:
My brother I did try it oohh but nofin happened. I almost cried. After all d d stress of searching for Agama lizard, chasing and stoning it to death den cutting off its head, drying it b4 pounding, d processes goes on and on and e no work
Baba, u be Babalawo? lmao

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Dopeluiz(m): 7:59am On Apr 23, 2017
VickyRotex:

Bwhahahahahaha @ lion and tiger cheesy cheesy grin grin

this has to be the biggest lie ever told... D pesn wey invent d lie must have seen shaolin soccer that time... and I believed it because India does not play football and they do jazz pass us
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by jobsat34(m): 8:05am On Apr 23, 2017
Loyalblak007:
I USED TO THINK;

-whistling at night calls snakes.

-Eating while standing gives you "yam leg".

-Black cats are witches

add yours grin

Saying "ASO FUNFUN LORI BED LOJO MEJE (white cloth on the bed after 7days) " just to prove to ur friends that yu were not lying.
It was believed that one wud die after 7days if yu were actually lying.
Cant forget the day i said this after lying to my mates then.
It was a miracle i didnt die the 8th day.. Lols
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nokiaguy(m): 8:10am On Apr 23, 2017
when i was small, i use to think that everyone with bald head has money
Click here to get latest Celebrity Gossip
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by tgirlblaze(f): 8:12am On Apr 23, 2017
that if i need my teacher to forget to beat me as a punishment for doing something wrong..just put a strand of my eyelash hair in the paper f
old it in it nd put it paper on the
floor for the teacher to step on ..
secondly, the thought that the moon is always following just me alone..i argue this alot with my friends as they also bliv its following them nd not me..thr was a particular day i almost got lost while tracking d moon following
me..ko funny rara
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2017
ThankYouGod:
This is very true.

Eyaaa! Infants still dey here set. Chair! Ayaf daid!
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 23, 2017
That women give birth through the Anus
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by crownfitsme(f): 8:14am On Apr 23, 2017
Hero18:
Lol i believed dat india vs nigeria football match dat india won by 99 - 1
I still believe this till today, somebody should tell me its not true shocked

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Blesschemical: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2017
I used to believe that when you are sitting or lying down and someone jump over you,you will not grow tall unless the person jump back and you stand for the person to pass.

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by kebliss(m): 8:23am On Apr 23, 2017
Dat if u brk a tooth n refuse to spin it round ur head wit ur handz n tro it on d zinc, it wudnt grow again
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2017
Used to think boobs are soft grin

Pls are they
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by kaybbs(f): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2017
When you eat mango and you drink Gari u die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Loyalblak007(f): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2017
grin
kaybbs:
When you eat mango and you drink Gari u die
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by ErnieSmallzz(f): 8:37am On Apr 23, 2017
haryomikun:

o boy! they Lie this lie for me too oh!

just reminded me of this lie after several years. I don forget
glad I did smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by NLProblemChild(m): 9:01am On Apr 23, 2017
ThankYouGod:
This is very true.
only if the person that stepped on it,had Blade cut on his leg.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Mentcee(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2017
Hero18:
Lol i believed dat india vs nigeria football match dat india won by 99 - 1

God bless you for making me laugh.

Tears in my eyes.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Freethought(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2017
kullozone:
Someone else stepping on your saliva would cause a severe pain in your throat.

Mehn!!! I still believe in this shit till today... Infacti don't spit anyao wen I'm outside
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2017
That men used to give birth in the olden days.

Because my Dad used to say we are his children.

1 Like

Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Kelly2713:

@the word "udara" which part of akwa ibom are you from
lol, who told you "udara" is an akwa ibom name for star apple?

It's the name commonly used by the easterners (Igbo) in Nigeria while ‘Agbalumo’ is used by the westerners

anyway sha, I dey base for uyo grin
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Freethought(m): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Eddiecute86:

Last month somewherw in Ogun state i was in a bank queue and the bank TV was show a documentary on Nat geo wild on how lions chase and kill their prey. I was hearing alot of super stories from some people on the queue.

I was shocked when a grown up man of about 30 + said if a male lion want to kill a prey it will urinate in a circle and that any animal that enters inside will be trapped. I didn't know when i shouted Jesus.

This is very true... You will Only knw dis if you are close to hunters
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Mentcee(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2017
Mystery007:
Used to believe dah when u use d head of Agama lizard on a girl's Urine, she will like you instantly. lolz

Your head is there.

Very correct.

Though it doesn't work.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Kingharzyz(m): 9:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Hero18:
Lol i believed burying the head of a male redhead agama lizard with a coin will yield u money after seven days

me and some friends did this back then. pure waste of time we were deceived
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Sapeleb0y(m): 9:50am On Apr 23, 2017
I BELIEVE SAY IF UR TEETH PULL, U MUST THROW AM FOR ANY HOUSE ROOF....
BUT IF FOWL SEE AM, THAT TEETH NOR GO GROW AGAIN... OMO SEE THE WAY I GO DEY OBSERVE FOR ANY INCOMING FOWL BEFORE I THROW MY TEETH.... LOLZZZZ grin[color=#990000][/color]
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by unipol(m): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2017
darbeelicous:
that any one that goes to t b Joshua's church is possessed.
My dear, you were right even as a child.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Boyooosa(m): 10:12am On Apr 23, 2017
spit on the floor and sored throat remains ur case cheesy
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by unipol(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2017
That all masquerades came from egg. I used to believe that if u want to make a masquerade then u just need to break an egg, till I tried it and it did not work.
Re: What's The Funniest Thing You Thought Was True As A Child? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2017
Mystery007:
Lolz bros we plenty
I had to sun dry the head for over a week b4 pounding! Ignorant days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Weird Experience Have You Had With A Pregnant Woman? / Cenderella Nana: Divorce Party Of Egyptian Woman Got People Talking / Boy Goes Over To Neighbour's House To Pick His Female Friend For School Everyday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.