Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour (30571 Views)

I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 7:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
I believe my present situation won't come to many as new. Problem is, I have never experience such as this before and it is quite hard as to what technique and approach to adopt in tackling this issue. I would be going into details so that my plight can be clearly understood.

Just recently, two tenants moved into a newly built semi detached apartment in my compound, a room and parlour self contain, precisely. The one closest to my apartment is occupied by a young, single guy, most likely a transport company driver, while the other apartment is inhabited by a family of about five (5). Both folks moved in in January.

The problem
The said young guy does not seem to understand serenity. His music can be so loud that one could feel his heart beat to the baseline of the songs coming from his sound system. Annoyingly, he is not in any way restricted by time as he would max the volume of his sound system, lock his door and go out while his nose slowly sniff life out of everyone around. This has been going on for the past three months now and it is really taking its toll on me. I was at the hospital recently for a medical check up due to sleepless nights and lack of sleep on weekends.

I tend to shy away from trouble at the slightest opportunity. I'm also careful not to hurt anyone in any way. I once walked to his apartment to tell him about the noise but it hasn't done much really. The landlord lives within the compound too but rarely stays home.

Other tenants have started complaining about the noise but no one has done a thing about it. I have thought about several things I could do to get his attention but I'm not sure how they would leave him after I follow through:

1. I thought about inviting the landlord into this, but I fear it might be extreme as it would look like I have something against him other than this.
2. Take the legal route by asking the police to invite him for disturbance of public peace.
3. Plead and ask for a meeting with other tenants while we address this.

I'm at a loss here as I don't want to go to war with anyone.

16 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by winetapper: 7:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ok.
Believe me you are not the only one disturbed. Stylishly know how others feel about the situation.
When confirmed everyone doesn't like the attitude.

Try meeting the Land lord for a Meeting. There the issue should be discussed .

If nothing happened . Call the landlord and talk to him again. If he doesn't act.

Try talking to him directly, make him understand the way you really feel about it.

If he insist bro you have had enough patience. Go and meet your Lawyer. They like this kind case grin

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
Dont approach him as an individual. Since there are other tenants whose peace he also threatens, then call a meeting of other tenants firstly, dont involve him yet. After the meeting all other tenants alongside yourself can approach him intelligently, showing the doctor's report and also refer him to legal decibel requirement by law.

Before concluding that meeting with him, let him understand that this is a threat to your health and if he refuses to adhere to your peaceful and diplomatic approach, you will approach your attorney to advise on what you should do legally.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Alitair(m): 7:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
Pour salt or inside his gen or cut his power on good conduct.

If it works, thank me but if it turns out bad........ Well, life can be a bed of roses.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
5DMindset:
Dont approach him as an individual. Since there are other tenants whose peace he also threatens, then call a meeting of other tenants firstly, dont involve him yet. After the meeting all other tenants alongside yourself can approach him intelligently, showing the doctor's report and also refer him to legal decibel requirement by law.

Before concluding that meeting with him, let him understand that this is a threat to your health and if he refuses to adhere to your peaceful and diplomatic approach, you will approach your attorney to advise on what you should do legally.

Thank you. And you don't think I should involve the landlord?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 7:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
Alitair:

If it works, thank me but if it turns out bad........
Well, life can be a bed of roses.
I consider this extreme. He has his generating set, just as I have mine. And truth be told, I don't have a problem with his set because we all moved our generators far away from the house, though within the compound.

I'll pass on this, thanks.

7 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by BlackDBagba: 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
One sec
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by nifemi25(m): 8:03pm On Apr 24, 2017
If only you can do your findings. There is a department in alausa where you can report and the needful be will done.

14 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Krak(m): 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2017
Alitair:

If it works, thank me but if it turns out bad........
Well, life can be a bed of roses.

This is too extreme and could be counterproductive.

Call all the other tenants and have a meeting together with the landlord. The landlord should then talk with the tenant.

If that does not work, you can use the legal route.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 8:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hmmmmm, Sanchez01, let all complainers call a meeting and invite the noisy young man. If that doesn't work go enmasse and report him to the landlord, threatening that y'all will quit his house if he doesn't intervene.

If this doesn't work, break his door down, seize his speakers and invite the police.

I kuku trust myself. Na to shey werey scatter every where

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 8:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
nifemi25:
If only you can do your findings. There is a department in alausa where you can report and the needful be will done.
Alausa ké? I'm more than a thousand miles away from Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ishilove:
Hmmmmm, Sanchez01, let all complainers call a meeting and invite the noisy young man. If that doesn't work go enmasse and report him to the landlord, threatening that y'all will quit his house if he doesn't intervene.

If this doesn't work, break his door down, seize his speakers and invite the police.

I kuku trust myself. Na to shey werey scatter every where
I had no idea you were online. Your approach though. I trust you cheesy

The guy has not been aiding my recovery at all. The annoying thing is, I don't have the strength to even make a case. I'm not just built for wàhálà. Worst still, he made my nearly two weeks medical leave a horror.

I just might call for a meeting as you suggested, while leaving out the seizing part. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sanchez01:

I had no idea you were online. Your approach though. I trust you cheesy

The guy has not been aiding my recovery at all. The annoying thing is, I don't have the strength to even make a case. I'm not just built for wàhálà. Worst still, he made my nearly two weeks medical leave a horror.

I just might call for a meeting as you suggested, while leaving out the seizing part. cheesy
Sweetheart, these are the days I wish I were close by so that I can handle some of these things for you, aswear angry

Call the meeting without delay o jare and seizing his set should be discussed in the agenda cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Sanchez01: 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ishilove:

Sweetheart, these are the days I wish I were close by so that I can handle some of these things for you, aswear angry

Call the meeting without delay o jare and seizing his set should be discussed in the agenda cheesy
I was about mentioning the emboldened earlier. I have no doubt in my mind about that part cheesy

I could have forgive him if he chooses to play meaningful songs, but no, uncoordinated noises, in the name of mixtapes and 'selections' are what he would disturb everyone over. This is a whole new experience for me, really.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Rilwayne001: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ishilove:

Be forming online 'agbero' there. And na your type dey hide when the real yawa gas lipsrsealed undecided

OP, you need to settle this issue amicably so as ñot to further complicate the matter.

I will suggest you follow up this advise:
5DMindset:

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Be forming online 'agbero' there. And na your type dey hide when the real yawa gas lipsrsealed undecided

Gerrarahere

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by EKITI001: 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sorry
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by ladyF(f): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
grin
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2017
BlackDBagba:
One sec
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Crauxx(m): 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Threaten him without words.

Leave a dead goats head with a letter on his door. Play with his mind angry

If he does not stop, switch off his light from the meter changeover.

Worst case, buy your own sound system. Fight fire with fire

9 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Timiblanko(m): 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
I have same problem, i was unable to read during my exam, i have gone to the man several times

1 Like

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by HottestFire: 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Call 911

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by ObasanjoQuotes: 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
Thats what you get when you decide to stay at Iyanapaja when Victoria island is staring at you

30 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
undecided undecided undecided
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by jeeqaa7(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
ok
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Dymaco(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
simply ask your co-tenants if they are happy with the sounds. if no meet the guy on a happy mood and tell him your mind. if he refuse then meet the landlord.

my own case was one lady that was engaged. she sabi talk and her voice loud like microphone. she go dey shout my name for downstairs wen she needs something, if I refuse to answer, she go come my flat.
na so one cool evening like this I sat her down and scold her. I told her that I don't like her closeness to me and that people thinks both of us na fucking mate while still deceiving my GF. na so mine stop.

she no dey even talk to me

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by oviejnr(m): 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Mehn, Some people can be so annoying. Talk to him about it again, he may understand. Make more friends than enemies. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by oviejnr(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
grin
Dymaco:
h
house
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by oviejnr(m): 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
Crauxx:
S
sex grin grin
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by azimibraun: 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
Lucky guy. I have a noisy and a wicked neighbour. Very devilish dwarf.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Goodnuel: 10:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
My kinda guy, pump the music up!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Pregnant Neighbour Has Been Restless Because She's Carrying Twin / Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / Lawyer Oladapo Ogundipe With Seven Children As Lawyers (Law Family)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.