Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,040 members, 7,953,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour (31144 Views)

I’ve Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Taunts Neighbour In Lagos / My Neighbour Punishes His 16-year-old Daughter By Stripping Her Unclad / I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by DanseMacabre(m): 2:42pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01, trust me, the best advice you can get is the tit for tat one. You apparently don't wanna take the police or lawyer route, and to me, your hesitation on involving the landlord shows that the man is nonchalant towards domestic issues.

It also sounds like your new neighbour is quite the troublemaker, and though you don't mention it, tribe could be a factor as well, because if you don't have an enlightened landlord and you're in Enugu and you aren't Igbo and both your neighbour and landlord are, sorry.

If you are really sure you don't want trouble, try broaching the issue with the neighbour again, this time with emphasis on your health. If symptoms persist, simply ask your landlord for a refund and leave the house. If you don't want trouble, that is.

However as an earlier poster told you, he who wants peace should be ready for war.

Assuming the matter isn't amicably settled and you decide to leave, on encountering a new neighbour with a similar trait what would be your next line of action?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by applause55: 4:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
Report to ur landlord, if he didn't do anything about it,go to your local government office and ask for conflict resolution center office and report ur case there, they will invite him,the two of you will meet there, and the matter will result between the two of you.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Ishilove: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
afroxyz:

Ebelebe. Na so una go dey online dey form voltron when shit hits the fan, una go take off
Nwoke gerarahere angry

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
Sanchez01:
Ode cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't misapprehend gentleness for stupidity.

Hahahhaa....gentleness tilts towards "mumuness" most times...
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by extremelygolden: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
That is why I like my landlord a lot. Situation like this any tenant can quitely place a call to him and he will call the said tenant and told him all the tenants are complaining about the loudness of music emanating from his apartment. Will he stop for peaceful co-existence or does he want refund of his rent?

My landlord doesn't live in the same compound with us, but he made sure all of his tenants have his phone number(s).

A similar situation happened when I moved in newly. A particular neighbour's gen set was damned too noisy and he always powers it as from 10pm until day-break, disturbing the peace and sleep of all other neighbours and even the entire neighbourhood. When we complained our landlord, he told him to either buy a sound-proof generator, or move that one to the main road (with immediate effect). And everything was resolved immediately.
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by uss25dec: 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2017
No need for all dis advices. If am in ur shoes, I wud observe n look 4 wat he hates very well. Use it to annoy him legally. Wen he comes to ask why, u already know d reply u wud give him or d questions u wud ask him. Den he wud knw dat wat he doing is wrong, as long as urs. If he continues, go 4more research n get more things dat wud make him faint. Action speaks louder than voice. Good luck dude!
Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Inlakssolar: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2017
azimibraun:
Lucky guy. I have a noisy and a wicked neighbour. Very devilish dwarf.

Fatality!!! shocked

Re: I Need Help And Suggestions In Dealing With A Noisy Neighbour by Homeyfav: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2018
[3457=-09

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Missing Person Alert / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / Husband Cries Out As His Wife Welcomes A Quintuplet (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.