Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,347 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (48955 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by leofab(f): 12:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
napoleon77:

Where?

This is the list of LGAs from the Rivers State Govt website. You can see that LGA number 16 is different from number 17.

there is what we call spill over.. some part of Ndoni is in that LGA.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by ibitzbarlow(m): 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
leofab:
All are pure Igbo clans.. Peter Odili is from Ndoni.

Say what you know please. Dont mislead people here. Peter Odili is not from Ogu- Bolo LGA. He is from Ndoni town in Ogba Egbema Ndoni LGA which is part of the Rivers Iboid group. Okrika and Ogu-Bolo LGAs are Rivers Ijoid LGAs.

Ogu-Bolo people are not Igbos but Ijaws.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kfed4ril(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
majekdom2:
colonialism or education is not the only reason a group may bear names and have a similar language. Business relationship may and a whole lot. Rivers is not Igbo!
Why don't you give your children Hausa names, because I'm sure you must have done at least one business transaction with a Hausa person.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Why don't you give your children Hausa names, because I'm sure you must have done at least one business transaction with a Hausa person.
people do... what about it??
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:
Ogu Bolo is not Igbo but Ijaw. Same as Opobo and almost all the other communities that share the same salty water.

Continue in your delusion Biafrans

The Opobo is Anglicized (Opu obu) and Opu obu is not Ijo. This same goes to Ubani (Igbo) became Anglicized BONNY

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kingdolo(m): 2:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
iSlayer2:
I want to,albeit late,invite all rivers upland to this rocking group on facebook - PROUDLY RIVERS IGBO(PROUDLY FROM RIVERS STATE; PROUDLY IGBO). Come and join the brethren. Igbo kwenu!

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:

Me Yoruba? Nah.

It seems history didnt teach you guys anything.
The same mistake your ancestor Ojukwu made and ran away, is the same you peeps/children are making and you expect to have a different result? only a fool does that.

I repeat, no part of Rivers State that has a connection to the salty water is Igbo.
Go do your homework.
Be it Ogu Bolo, Opobo, Bonny, the Kalabaris, Okirika, Engenni, Abua, Andoni et al are all Ijaws.

You are too young and ill-educated to even understand your background. I guess the manner in which Amaikiri (Igbo) later became Amachree (Ijo) or whatever this means.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kingdolo(m): 2:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

You are too young and ill-educated to even understand who your background. I guess the manner in which Amaikiri (Igbo) later became Amachree (Ijo) or whatever this means.
Same goes to you

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
YelloweWest:

Even the ones that historically migrated from igbo land want nothing to do with igbo when it comes to biafra.
Eg. Ikwerre Etche omuma and oyigbo community chiefs and youth bodies have all come out to denounce Biafra.

This is how the deceptiveness started. Obigbo is now Oyigbo and by tomorrow, one half-fed goon will tell the story how it was an Ijo town or community.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
YelloweWest:

I'm Ikwerre. I'm NOT Igbo!

There is a big fool in making with above post. The word, Ikwerre, is wrong and does not apply to even an ant.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
majekdom2:
Language alone does not define a Nation... Oga wake from your delusion

Stop basing your knowledge on the crap from Wiki. Country is more abstract than nation.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
YelloweWest:

Fine I agree Igbo denial came after the civil war. We want to maintain it that way. The only constant in life is change .

So we have changed. We are no longer igbo.

Are u satisfied now?? Or do I want to force me to be Igbo??

You should not attempt to stop people who want to talk about the constant in nature.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Frankies:

Sometimes I wish I am Igbo.They can be very dominant and confident.

You don't know the history of Ikwerre.You could not have doubted they are Igbos.

Well ,as said earlier, everyone has the right to claim his preferred origin.

The bolded showed you are a passenger without destination.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:

Ojukwu is the most cowardly man I have come to know concerning fighting a war in the world

Have you ever in sorry life stepped onto a parade ground?
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

Stop basing your knowledge on the crap from Wiki. Country is more abstract than nation.
that's what I have learnt... You can debate with wiki and make your "opinion" accepted instead of what's on wiki grin
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Tamunotonye22(m): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
My fellow Riveriens are dying in ignorance day by day.Am from Ogu/Bolo and after few findings I noticed Rivers as a whole is Igbo.Truth be told,in Ijaw which we speak there are many Igbo words like ñgaje means spoon as Igbo too.so with other words.so with other languages in rivers.Igbo is diverse and has branches,just like Abala and Akpaa in Abia,truth me their Igbo sounds different from ngwa of aba,but they are in aba and are ngwa too.so what else?

3 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by leofab(f): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
ibitzbarlow:

Say what you know please. Dont mislead people here. Peter Odili is not from Ogu- Bolo LGA. He is from Ndoni town in Ogba Egbema Ndoni LGA which is part of the Rivers Iboid group. Okrika and Ogu-Bolo LGAs are Rivers Ijoid LGAs.

Ogu-Bolo people are not Igbos but Ijaws.
keep quiet, there are part of Ndoni in that LGA..

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
folarinmiles:

Guess dats d best English u spoke dz year.
See her katakata teeth like Jeans brush

OH! SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW I GOT U SO BAD. BUT IT'S A STUPID PERSON DAT SAYS WHAT U SAID. IF ANYWHERE BEYOND ONDO STATE TO IS IGBO THEN I THINK U SHOULD ASK FOR UR SCHOOL FEE TO BE REFUNDED DATS, IF U EVER WENT TO ANY. DAN ISKA WAWA BANZA DAWOYI
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kingdolo(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2017
Tamunotonye22:
My fellow Riveriens are dying in ignorance day by day.Am from Ogu/Bolo and after few findings I noticed Rivers as a whole is Igbo.Truth be told,in Ijaw which we speak there are many Igbo words like ñgaje means spoon as Igbo too.so with other words.so with other languages in rivers.Igbo is diverse and has branches,just like Abala and Akpaa in Abia,truth me their Igbo sounds different from ngwa of aba,but they are in aba and are ngwa too.so what else?
What is this one saying?

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kingdolo:
Pained mofo. Ahhahahahhah
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sexina851:

OH! SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW I GOT U SO BAD. BUT IT'S A STUPID PERSON DAT SAYS WHAT U SAID. IF ANYWHERE BEYOND ONDO STATE TO IS IGBO THEN I THINK U SHOULD ASK FOR UR SCHOOL FEE TO BE REFUNDED DATS, IF U EVER WENT TO ANY. DAN ISKA WAWA BANZA DAWOYI
Onura
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
THE WHOLE OF RIVWR STATE IS IGBO
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kingdolo:

What is this one saying?

TEACHING U THE HISTORY THEY DON'T TEACH U IN SCHOOL
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
ONYII4TRUT:

U d delusional person here. Ask ur father who jaja of opobo was. Refuse to b deceived by Nigeria. U r who u are. U r in the minority. Igbos are not looking for ppl to join them in their quest. What is south south. Pre war era where were these divisions?

And you think Jaja gave birth to everyone in Opobo rite.
Now I know hw you think.
Wehdone sah
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

Have you ever in sorry life stepped onto a parade ground?

I have not like the coward.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
Tamunotonye22:

my broda, the fact that it sound alike doesnt mean the Ogu Bolo peeps are Igbo.
Ok why didnt you say Igbos are Ijaws? since they have some sounds alike.
Ask an Igbo man to tell you the meaning of Tamunotonye, come back and tell me if Ogu is Igbo
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kinematics: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
ezenwajosh:
THE WHOLE OF RIVWR STATE IS IGBO

The whole of Africa is Ibo.
Hope you are satisfied.

1 Like

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
folarinmiles:

Onura

Idiot instead of correcting ur dumb typo in a public forum, you're still trying to form itk.. Your other name should be Dumbledore cos av never seen a person dat is dumb and proud. And least I forget that thing on ur head makes u look like a goat,i mean a malnourished goat
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 6:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

The Opobo is Anglicized (Opu obu) and Opu obu is not Ijo. This same goes to Ubani (Igbo) became Anglicized BONNY
Duru1u hv been repeating this rubbish doesn't make it correct there are pre colonial documents showing Opubo is the original name
Type all these rubbish because u are online, this idiot doesn't know of Opubo hotel in Opobo, igbo ignorance can't be helped
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

You are too young and ill-educated to even understand your background. I guess the manner in which Amaikiri (Igbo) later became Amachree (Ijo) or whatever this means.
Amakiri & Amachree is the same thing and both are Ijaw
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:

my broda, the fact that it sound alike doesnt mean the Ogu Bolo peeps are Igbo.
Ok why didnt you say Igbos are Ijaws? since they have some sounds alike.
Ask an Igbo man to tell you the meaning of Tamunotonye, come back and tell me if Ogu is Igbo
They will go to extent to showcase their stupidity, just ignore them, everybody in Nigeria knows dem so dey are only deceiving themselves

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times / 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.