Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,416 members, 7,812,227 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names (48948 Views)

Rivers Women Prevented Soldiers From Entering Ogu/Bolo LGA Secretariat / Justice Chukwujieze Ogu Is Dead! Assassinated By Gunmen (Disturbing Photos) / List Of Towns And Villages In Abuja (FCT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by hammer6: 7:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ogu Bolo is Igbo but their are Ijaw and Ogoni areas.

Majority of the people are Igbo and as cheruv put it about 85-90% are igbo.

List of Towns and Villages in Ogu/Bolo LGA
1. Adiai – Obiofu

2. Agwe

3. Amuajie

4. Ase – Imonita

5. Ase-Azaga

6. Isara

7. Isiukwa

8. Ndoni

9. Oboaso

10. Odugili

11. Ogbeogene

12. Ogu

13. Oniku

14. Owajinobia

15. Ugbaja

16. Umuigwe

17. Umuorieke

18. Utu

number 16 caught my attention

Please help translate the town names

I can't speak igbo

2 Likes

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:

my broda, the fact that it sound alike doesnt mean the Ogu Bolo peeps are Igbo.
Ok why didnt you say Igbos are Ijaws? since they have some sounds alike.
Ask an Igbo man to tell you the meaning of Tamunotonye, come back and tell me if Ogu is Igbo
This is just an igbo person answering Ijaw name
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sexina851:

Idiot instead of correcting ur dumb typo in a public forum, you're still trying to form itk.. Your other name should be Dumbledore cos av never seen a person dat is dumb and proud. And least I forget that thing on ur head makes u look like a goat,i mean a malnourished goat
What's the correction ma
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Sexina851:

Idiot instead of correcting ur dumb typo in a public forum, you're still trying to form itk.. Your other name should be Dumbledore cos av never seen a person dat is dumb and proud. And least I forget that thing on ur head makes u look like a goat,i mean a malnourished goat
Silly she goat. Dumb as fvck
Cant even distinguish between a real sentence and sarcasm. ode, dirty teeth
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by dnawah(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
mordsith:
As obtained from the local government and link below

please give your opinion on the question

http://nigeriazipcodes.com/4361/list-of-towns-and-villages-in-ogubolo-lga/

1. Adiai – Obiofu

2. Agwe

3. Amuajie

4. Ase – Imonita

5. Ase-Azaga

6. Isara

7. Isiukwa

8. Ndoni

9. Oboaso

10. Odugili

11. Ogbeogene

12. Ogu

13. Oniku

14. Owajinobia

15. Ugbaja

16. Umuigwe

17. Umuorieke

18. Utu

I can't speak igbo
no 18 caught my attention,pls meet me at romance,sexuality to be precise.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by dnawah(m): 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
mordsith:

1. Adiai – Obiofu

2. Agwe

3. Amuajie

4. Ase – Imonita

5. Ase-Azaga

6. Isara

7. Isiukwa

8. Ndoni

9. Oboaso

10. Odugili

11. Ogbeogene

12. Ogu

13. Oniku

14. Owajinobia

15. Ugbaja

16. Umuigwe

17. Umuorieke

18. Utu

I can't speak igbo
no 18 caught my attention,pls meet me in romance,sexuality to be precise.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

The whole of Africa is Ibo.
Hope you are satisfied.

Google can help u since ur school fees can't
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by RobbStark(m): 8:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
nengibo:

They will go to extent to showcase their stupidity, just ignore them, everybody in Nigeria knows dem so dey are only deceiving themselves

I will broda. Like you said, it might be true that he is.not Ijaw, jus bearing that name on a faceless forum
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by LMFashions: 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
YelloweWest:

Whether biafra or not. We are not Igbo or at least we are no longer igbo. Finito.

How about u change ur names altogether so a Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani won't call u Igbo when they come across u.

U claim not to be Igbo, u can only do that in ur land but not when u leave ur domain.

U claim not to be Igbo but ur likes would do something wrong in maybe the north and the innocent Igbos would bear the consequence.

CHANGE UR NAME AND UR FATHER'S NAME TO NON IGBO THEN WE CAN TAKE U SERIOUS.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:

I will broda. Like you said, it might be true that he is.not Ijaw, jus bearing that name on a faceless forum
Mbire na so oh, let them wallow in their stupidity, making enemies in the North, West, Niger delta, even outside Nigeria goto S.A, even India, Malaysia don sabi igbo greed & uselessness
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

Ogu-Bolo speaks Okrika(ijaw).
Hilda Dokubo is from Asari-toru LGA in other word she is of Kalabari.

Do you actually know her?
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 8:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
RobbStark:

I have not like the coward.

You are simply a coward. Most people who wore a military uniform of any country cannot be regarded as a coward by dry leaf such as you.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 8:55pm On Apr 27, 2017
nengibo:

Duru1u hv been repeating this rubbish doesn't make it correct there are pre colonial documents showing Opubo is the original name
Type all these rubbish because u are online, this idiot doesn't know of Opubo hotel in Opobo, igbo ignorance can't be helped

I have known that fools such as you from Nigeria are ridiculously and intellectually lazy. I guess the hotel proprietor in Opu Obu (Opubo)(Opobo) came close to establishing original Igbo name of the town. The last thing I will do is to get a ninny wiser through Internet. Since a dumbass such as knew about a hotel named (Opubo), I suggest you meet the dude who owns the property with a keg of palm wine for rudimentary education. What a jackass.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
nengibo:

Amakiri & Amachree is the same thing and both are Ijaw

Shut your putrid mouth before Amadioha did it for you. Amaikiri is Igbo in its entity while Amachree, whatever it means, is a product of denial artists - Ijo.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
bigfrancis21:

For real? What languages do Ogu-Bolo people speak?

I think Hilda Dokubo, the actress, is from Ogu-Bolo.
The kirike are divided into the koniju and the tuboniju... One group are farmers who descended from the Igbo while the other are fishermen who descended from the Rukwo.
Barcanista himself has said it sometimes ago that he's a descendant of the fishermen which makes him a proud Rukwo
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 9:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
nengibo:

Mbire na so oh, let them wallow in their stupidity, making enemies in the North, West, Niger delta, even outside Nigeria goto S.A, even India, Malaysia don sabi igbo greed & uselessness

It is good to know your enemy even if it entails making them. Today's Nigeria is not 1966-67 era Nigeria and disintegration of the cesspit shall result in the detriment of the battle field.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Obdk: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2017
mordsith:

1. Adiai – Obiofu

2. Agwe

3. Amuajie

4. Ase – Imonita

5. Ase-Azaga

6. Isara

7. Isiukwa

8. Ndoni

9. Oboaso

10. Odugili

11. Ogbeogene

12. Ogu

13. Oniku

14. Owajinobia

15. Ugbaja

16. Umuigwe

17. Umuorieke

18. Utu

I can't speak igbo

My father's younger sister is married to samuel ugbaja from Nnewi
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
hammer6:

The 80% is probably through marriages. The one thing that is consistent with ijaw is marrying from other tribes.

In Ondo and Delta, that was how the itsekiri, Apoi, Arogbo,(mixed yoruba and ijaw) Bini Ijaw and Isoko were created or though the Isoko are also mixed with Igbo and Urhoboo.

I dont see how Ijaw can be claiming people that share other ethinicity as Ijaw.

TonyeBarcanista is even claiming Eastern Obolo people or Andoni as Ijaw. They are in actual fact Ibibio subgroup.

People that live on land that the ijaws never reached both in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

Ijaw would have even claimed Ogoni if not for war between them and Okirika.

Rivers state is not ijaw, their are igbo sub group, igbo mixed with ibibio subgroup and igbo mixed with ijaw sub-group.

The main body of ijaw speakers are in Bayelsa.
Nengibo, ekinematics, afriifa and other Rukwo e-warriors...here's the bitter truth cheesy
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Dedetwo(m): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
cheruv:

The kirike are divided into the koniju and the tuboniju... One group are farmers who descended from the Igbo while the other are fishermen who descended from the Rukwo.
Barcanista himself has said it sometimes ago that he's a descendant of the fishermen which makes him a proud Rukwo

Where did the so-called fishermen originate? I know there were boat people who came with Europeans from a faraway region of West Africa.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2017
YelloweWest:

Resistance from who

Cos we Ikwerres don't want to be called Igbo. We are now part of the Niger Delta. You can't force us to be Igbo
Resistance from our ihuruohna warriors of course...all the ihuoha needs to do is drown the Rukwo in the brackish waters surrounding their homelands
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by cheruv: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Kinematics:

See this one is still dreaming.
Ibo man wake up!
He's correct anyway

Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by hammer6: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
If Ogu Bolo is not igbo but all the villages have igbo name, the next question should be, did the 1967 Ijaw government of Diette spit occupy igbo villages with ijaw settlers?

Becos that would be the only valid explanation, since he occupied igbo houses in port harcourt with ijaws.

We know alot of villagers ran away from Nigeria forces.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
cheruv:

Resistance from our ihuruohna warriors of course...all the ihuoha needs to do is drown the Rukwo in the brackish waters surrounding their homelands
Hahahahaha Ihuruohan don't even like igbo
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by DrWillie(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2017
hammer6:

The 80% is probably through marriages. The one thing that is consistent with ijaw is marrying from other tribes.

In Ondo and Delta, that was how the itsekiri, Apoi, Arogbo,(mixed yoruba and ijaw) Bini Ijaw and Isoko were created or though the Isoko are also mixed with Igbo and Urhoboo.

I dont see how Ijaw can be claiming people that share other ethinicity as Ijaw.

TonyeBarcanista is even claiming Eastern Obolo people or Andoni as Ijaw. They are in actual fact Ibibio subgroup.

People that live on land that the ijaws never reached both in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

Ijaw would have even claimed Ogoni if not for war between them and Okirika.

Rivers state is not ijaw, their are igbo sub group, igbo mixed with ibibio subgroup and igbo mixed with ijaw sub-group.

The main body of ijaw speakers are in Bayelsa.

Ijaws don't claim others as Ijaw . Ijaws are proud people and will not want to claim others. Go and read about the origin of Ijaws. Just a little research will clarify everything. The Ijaw you hear everywhere is actually a person. Go and check his descendants and stop writing lies. Some of his descendants created subgroups that inter married with other people .That doesn't change their origin.
Andoni is Ijaw don't confuse them intermarrying and picking efik, oron, and ibibio cultures as being from there.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by YelloweWest: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2017
LMFashions:

How about u change ur names altogether so a Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani won't call u Igbo when they come across u.

U claim not to be Igbo, u can only do that in ur land but not when u leave ur domain.

U claim not to be Igbo but ur likes would do something wrong in maybe the north and the innocent Igbos would bear the consequence.

CHANGE UR NAME AND UR FATHER'S NAME TO NON IGBO THEN WE CAN TAKE U SERIOUS.
tongue we will bear Igbo names and still not be Igbo. Eat your heart out!

ONE NIGERIA!
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kinematics: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

Do you actually know her?

Na wah oh. Which kind question be this?
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Kinematics: 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
cheruv:

He's correct anyway

I like your made in Aba map.
Keep it up.
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by DrWillie(m): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

You are too young and ill-educated to even understand your background. I guess the manner in which Amaikiri (Igbo) later became Amachree (Ijo) or whatever this means.
Don't you ever come here and display your ignorance. Amachree has no connection to Igbo. Amachree is a combination of 'Ama' and 'Kiri'. Ama - town ; Kiri- land.
Don't drag the great Amachree dynasty into your igboid delusion.
You guys never want to learn. We are not the same people. Sharing common words and traditions doesn't make us same. If you have travelled and gotten exposed you should know that people with common boundaries that trade between themselves pick one or two things from each other.

Na wa oh for this Igbo claim claim. You see why you guys will never be welcomed. One foot close to the door and you want to claim the house. Tufiakwa!
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Dedetwo:

Shut your putrid mouth before Amadioha did it for you. Amaikiri is Igbo in its entity while Amachree, whatever it means, is a product of denial artists - Ijo.
Stay out of my mentions, I pray your children will be like you
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by nengibo: 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
DrWillie:

Don't you ever come here and display your ignorance. Amachree has no connection to Igbo. Amachree is a combination of 'Ama' and 'Kiri'. Ama - town ; Kiri- land.
Don't drag the great Amachree dynasty into your igboid delusion.
You guys never want to learn. We are not the same people. Sharing common words and traditions doesn't make us same. If you have travelled and gotten exposed you should know that people with common boundaries that trade between themselves pick one or two things from each other.

Na wa oh for this Igbo claim claim. You see why you guys will never be welcomed. One foot close to the door and you want to claim the house. Tufiakwa!
You are trying to reason with an Ipob igbo who personifies ignorance & stupidity, he and his kind can't be helped, leave him in his filth in Abia state
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Afriifa(m): 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
cheruv:

Nengibo, ekinematics, afriifa and other Rukwo e-warriors...here's the bitter truth cheesy
you are so ignorant as your write up. Go read history books. Sorry u hear? Start reading the history of rivers state
Re: Is Ogu-bolo In River State Igbo Or Ijaw?: See Towns And Village Names by Sexina851(f): 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
folarinmiles:

Silly she goat. Dumb as fvck
Cant even distinguish between a real sentence and sarcasm. ode, dirty teeth

U call that "sarcasm"? Blood of God, u just worsened the case for yourself slowpoke. What u typed can only be classified as sheer ignorance. Like I said befor please ask for a refund from wherever school u went to. Cos the more u talk the more u expose ur dullness. Gud night your dullness

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Replies INEC On Zamfara Primary Elections / We’ll Crush Pro-biafra Protesters In Rivers —governor Wike Warns / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.